Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Looking for advice on which way I should influence a Guardian of Nature egg. I (surprisingly) summoned my third and final egg and have no clue which way I should influence it (which is probably why I succeeded). I have loose ideas for project but no definite ones. Is there an advantage of one gender over the other in a project?

It all depends on what you want to do with it. I already had a pair before we got the possibility of having a third GoN and then influenced the third male because I wanted to name it after a male character from a book. I also like Snow Angels pairs a lot, so having two males works great for me. There are enough people with GoNs that you can trade for offspring eggs if you suddenly need more of the opposite gender.

The only thing I've noticed is that when other people need eggs, it seems that most of them need something from a male GoN.

I can see it too.

Looking for advice on which way I should influence a Guardian of Nature egg.  I (surprisingly) summoned my third and final egg and have no clue which way I should influence it (which is probably why I succeeded).  I have loose ideas for project but no definite ones.  Is there an advantage of one gender over the other in a project?

There's always the freeze option! I froze my second gendered GoN well before I knew we were going to be given 3, and I've decided to leave it frozen rather than release it to try for a third adult. It saves me having to make a choice and, I agree, there's plenty of people willing to trade or gift them.

I mean, just look at this derpy little thing: user posted image

Or look at it when the image starts working again....You know you want one. ~_^

Edited by stardust13

I mean, just look at this derpy little thing: user posted image

Or look at it when the image starts working again....You know you want one. ~_^

They work fine if you use the new URL:

user posted image

Reason for the change according to the wiki log:

(Renamed according to the official naming scheme.)

They work fine if you use the new URL:

user posted image

Reason for the change according to the wiki log:

Ahh, since some of the images were there, I just thought some links were having a hard time loading today. Thanks for showing off the derpness!

Lilysally - AH HA! Now I know why people collect the all-number codes! And it looks terrific; good job!

Thank you, nooey, PonyTales and Lantean_Pegasus for your feedback! biggrin.gif Your words are very inspiring! :3

@Lantean_Pegasus: I do agree with you - I also like the Destruction/Hellhorse females pairing better than any other, and what you said about the base-pairs - are exactly my thoughts! ^^ I'll try to reach at least the 5th gen with that lineage.

@purplehaze: I so much symphasize with you. My experience with Speckles and Silvers won't encourage much optimism either - you'll actually need to scroll down to see their last child (a speckle, of course :/). The bad thing is that I started trying for a 4th gen Silver as a gift for someone... and in the end I gifted them a Silver checkered with Bluesangs, though I keep trying to get a metal out of my Speckles too. That's so upsetting.

Though I already reached the 5th gen (long time ago). Back then it seemed to be easier to get a Silver out Speckles. Purplehaze, please, let me know, if you could use some help - I'll be happy to try breeding for you either a 3d gen or a 5th gen Silver of this checker!

@lilysally That's amazing! ohmy.gif I've never seen anything like that before. I can only echo stardust13's words: "Now I know why people collect the all-number codes!" smile.gif

Edit: Forgot to add: If anyone's working on Summer m/ Gold f checker? I bred a 3d gen Summer which needs a good home. If anyone wants it - feel free to PM me for the teleport! wink.gif ok, no one PMed, so I'll post it in the giving/trading thread.

Edited by Ae0nian

So exciting, and it's just a common... biggrin.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/EQIfO

Thanks to all who helped by gifting and trading!

It continues... I want to get to at least 8th Gen laugh.gif

That is pretty amazing! I think I only have one all-number code on my scroll.

@Ae0nian - thanks for the offer of help. If I'm not mistaken I already have some of your dragons in my mix. I am determined to get a Silver out of one of these two and then I am done trying for Silvers out of them and will finish with a Speckle in gen 6. Some of the lower gens were much easier to get Silvers. Speckles just suddenly seemed to start refusing to produce anything but their own kind. I have a f Speckle x m Tan Ridgewing that refuses to give me any Ridgewing, let alone a tan one! Fortunately I have lots of easier things to work on, so those don't really frustrate me too much.

Well, they didn't refuse when I tried them. Which I am greatly relieved about. smile.gif

Summer, Canopy x Gold Tinsel, Tombstone lineage is almost finished

I also bred and abandoned a rather pretty 4th gen guardian egg that previews the shadow walker X guardian checker I'm working on: http://dragcave.net/lineage/EJCBU.  It'll probably show up in the AP in a few days.  smile.gif

I got it! This was the first time I actively stalked the AP for something. Thank you for the pretty egg! smile.gif

I scoured through my scroll to see if I had any interesting 4th gens that I could breed with my 4th gen avatar of destruction and wanted some people's thoughts on them. smile.gif They're all pretty random so nothing otherworldly.

I have this great moonstone x blue nebula checker that matches the dark colors of the destroyers and thunders.

I've also got this neat varied copper and silver that's just kinda cool with the extra metal colors.

Thirdly, I've got this really varied vine and frill sort of combination that matches the destroyer's random pinks and purples.

The first would breed an avatar of change and the last two would breed avatars of creation. Any help choosing?

*bows deeply in gratitude to everyone who tried to find my egg

Thanks for trying but maybe it is better that no one managed to catch it since I was away from the Internet in the last days and wouldn't have been able to take it from your hands anyway. Also, I can (or at least, I hope I can) easily re-breed it.

@helix: I kinda like the second one since it has this unruly feeling to it like the Avatar. The first is in my opinion too neat and the third is too unorganized.

@ytak: Wow, that Guardian lineage is really pretty. If I see a chance of obtaining a suitable mate for this lineage I might have to beg you for an offspring laugh.gif .

@Daydreamer09: Normally I am not a great fan of Tombstone lineages but yours is really beautiful. Also, I quite like that song wink.gif

Edited by Flaviel

I've been slacking a bit on my lineages, heh.. I'm still waiting on one more 2nd Gen Lumina for the Summer x Lumina checkers, and I have two of the 3rd Gens. I haven't bred my Nebula lines yet this week.

Also, I've been wondering if I made a good choice or not with this Tinsel line. I only have one messy Gold from years ago, and even-gens are more interesting to me anyway, but I didn't want the line to be too tough to continue and go for a more accurate checker. I'm not sure if people would like it though? :S

I got it! This was the first time I actively stalked the AP for something. Thank you for the pretty egg!  smile.gif

It pleases me that someone who was looking for it found it. smile.gif

@ytak: Wow, that Guardian lineage is really pretty. If I see a chance of obtaining a suitable mate for this lineage I might have to beg you for an offspring laugh.gif .

I'd be happy to give you an egg. smile.gif Provided I haven't egg locked myself. Again. tongue.gif I am rather pleased with that soon-to-be-continued checker myself (not that I'm counting the days down until Halloween or anything).

Edit: Yay! My guardians cooperated to give me a PB 7th gen. *does happy dance*

This is my goal for next week on guardian breeding. 8th gen, here I come!

Edited by ytak

@lilysally:

Wow, that giant all numbers first gen looks fantastic ! ohmy.gif And I like your naming scheme for the lineage, too.

@Daydreamer09:

That looks so pretty !! The Canopies work so well with the Summers, and both do look great with the Tinsels ! Great sense for colours on your part, there, and great idea for a combination ! It will be so beautiful once it is finished. (And it looks even better on the dark background of AoND than on my usual lighter DC one, but even on the latter it's still great.)

@ytak:

*long drumroll till the breeding day for the 8th gen* wink.gif

@PonyTales:

That Blusang looks wonderful ! I wish I had a worthy mate...

@topic:

Is anyone doing a checker with Male Shadow Walker / Female Blusang ? I have been looking for a swap for this 3rd gen for days now, but I can't find anyone who is interested. sad.gif

A swap would have to be unrelated to this one (obviously) and these two.

@topic:

Is anyone doing a checker with Male Shadow Walker / Female Blusang ? I have been looking for a swap for this 3rd gen for days now, but I can't find anyone who is interested. sad.gif

i think you forgot one of the links. i haven't done the blusangs with shadow walkers. i checked my spreadsheets to make sure i hadn't.

i am looking for an unrelated mate to this guy though. (M shadow walker x F terrae) http://dragcave.net/lineage/GN3vI

@spring_dragon:

Well, if you mean the "this one", that stands for the 3rd gen I mentioned in the line above. wink.gif The other links work fine for me.

SW/Terrae looks great, too, but I don't have anything to help with that. (I don't own CB Shadow Walkers. sad.gif )

@topic:

Sorry, I only have the other gender combo: http://dragcave.net/lineage/z1rua

I can probably get you a 2nd gen Blusang for your combo though, if you like?

@topic:

I can do 3rd gens, as seen in this 4th gen, if you want.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/1a2Yp

And yes, I was lucky to get a turps with only 7 fails....and umpteen no eggs and similar for 9 other golds along the way laugh.gif But I now have a second one, so I'm a very happy camper!!

@ spring dragon - I know I've seen one of my friends with with a shadow/terrae combo but I can't remember who... I'll put my thinking cap on and ask around.

What are you all doing with your Undies? I can't decide. I like this and I think I'll like this with this we'll see, could all look a bit similar.

Is anyone doing THIS Yule and Flamingo. I'd love a mate if poss.

Edited by nooey

Is anyone doing THIS Yule and Flamingo. I'd love a mate if poss.

Two days earlier and I could have you send this AP find. http://dragcave.net/lineage/VLNYr

Now it is an adult and I am myself searching for a mate sad.gif .

I decided to breed my Undies with Imperial Fleshcrownes; I like how they look together.

Edited by Flaviel

@Ruby Eyes:

Oh, yes, I would have preferred that combo, too, but the Shadow Walkers I found on the AP where "the other way around". wink.gif Perhaps we could swap the different combos one day.

@Shamiir:

Thank you so much ! I'm glad my little one found a nice home, and look forward to the offspring from your pairs.

@nooey:

It took me some time to get to breeding the Undines, and the first things I did were two purebreds (I hope I get a second yellow, I wanted to have a PB pair of Alts before all goes green again...), and a pairing with female Imperial. I hoped to do a Yellow Undine/Imperial checker, but my first try promptly went green. Must've been one of the first 2nd gens to do so in all DC, because up to a few hours before it hatched everyone still wondered if there were any green 2nd gens at all... rolleyes.gif

This one is supposed to hatch yellow, too, for a checker with male Golden Wyverns. And as a mate for my Avatar of Change. I'm still debating about the arrangement of the CBs, but I think male Avatar of Change and female Yellow Undine would make a nice checker, too.

And I'll definitely try this ! Although, if the ratios start swinging toward the green Undine offspring, I'll probably never get anywhere with it. wink.gif

@topic:

Good news for my "all blue" lineage - I got a 2nd gen Daydream from Winter ! Was afraid they'd give me Seasonals all the way...

Now I need a Tsunami/BlueBand pair to give a Tsunami, and a BlueBand/Royal Blue pair to give a Royal. No idea when that's going to happen, until then the lower half of the lineage will look like this.

My Opals remain stubborn, somehow they just don't want to give a green one. sad.gif Honestly, I thought they were supposed to be 50/50 ?!

@Lantean_Pegasus - I just love that all blue lineage. I have one I did a long time ago. http://dragcave.net/lineage/quruD Now that we have more blue breeds I will have to look at the possibility of extending it. smile.gif

Welcome back Will and congratulations!!!!! If you missed the whole Undine thing, I could breed you some 2nd gens smile.gif Or a sib of this

Edited by nooey