Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

@jesscaar: Don't breed your dragons when you are tired or this could be the result. dry.gif It could also have helped things if I had named them before I bred them.

@jesscaar: Don't breed your dragons when you are tired or this could be the result. dry.gif It could also have helped things if I had named them before I bred them.

oh, yeah...slightly different but still an example of how to mess up:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/o3OFt

gave it to hubby who loves it anyway smile.gif

and i did eventually get my 4th gen, but I had to wait...and wait...and wait...

oh, yeah...slightly different but still an example of how to mess up:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/o3OFt

gave it to hubby who loves it anyway smile.gif

and i did eventually get my 4th gen, but I had to wait...and wait...and wait...

Lovely! Do you think he would breed me a Gold baby if I provide him a 2nd gen Copper for a stair?

(I'm sorry for this slight off-topicness here)

I finished one part of my Striped Elements lineage. *is a happy breeder*

I am pleased to say that there is also some good progress with my Water block (although I accidentally abandoned this little egg ) and for the other two blocks I am still trying to collect all Stripes biggrin.gif .

@daba555: Well, I am glad that you got your egg in the end with the right pair ( laugh.gif ); I quite like that combo.

Edited by Flaviel

@Ruby Eyes:

You are very welcome !

@daba555:

It might have been a mistake, but that double stair looks very neat, anyway ! Makes it a bit more lively. And Green Copper goes very well with Gold.

@Flaviel:

That looks impressive - and sounds promising ! (Although you should correct the link for the green one, it takes a detour to your scroll. Had to go through the children of the green Stripe there to get to the egg you meant... wink.gif )

But... Just how many fails did you have to swallow before you got that far ? blink.gif

@topic:

FINALLY !!!

My lineage for the "Around The World" project can move on properly !

Every pair in that lineage worked like a charm, I always got the correct egg of mixed pairs, and nearly always right in first try (second, tops).

EXCEPT for that Royal Blue from Imperial. I started trying with this pair. And then I made a backup pair. And tried some more. And tried. And tried. And got so desperate that I asked here if a Royal Blue from Imperial was even possible. Well, you guys gave me hope again, so I went and, well, you know, tried some more.

That's 59 tries I needed to get a Royal Blue from them. (Maybe a few more that I forgot to write down.) Ridiculous doesn't even begin to describe it ! But here he is !! wub.gif Thank you for keeping my spirits up !! Now I can proceed to make the lineage look like it's supposed to be.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Wow, LP, that is a lot of tries! Congratulations on finally getting what you needed to go on.

Lovely! Do you think he would breed me a Gold baby if I provide him a 2nd gen Copper for a stair?

(I'm sorry for this slight off-topicness here)

hubby'll breed anything you like, and probably has a second gen copper already - unless you wanted a specific set of parents.

he's excited you asked! pm me, we'll take it off the board smile.gif

Flaviel - that is a very pretty finish! And I'll try to look for your egg, maybe if there's a new release this weekend, people will be concentrating on that instead of the AP.

LP: good gravy, that took a long time! Been there, done that, although I don't think it was quite as bad. Those Imps are rightly named for all the trouble they cause biggrin.gif

And thanks for the nice words about the little mistake I made, all laugh.gif

It really is pretty, just not what I intended! This is the correct pair's offspring: http://dragcave.net/lineage/jPhm7

I'm working on a mate, just got a new 2nd gen gold baby I'm hoping will like it's intended mate. Slow going, for sure...some are from my own golds, some from the hubby's. We are both happy to breed any of them for anyone biggrin.gif

I've got a spreadsheet that seems to be functional!! Woo! I also have 5 eggs/hatchies out of 64 I need to get started! 2 of them could be a potential pair too, just hope they gender right!

@jesscaar:

Huzzah on the spreadsheet !

About the eggs.. There might be a release a few minutes from now, so I'm not sure if you'll want to hold onto them. But perhaps it will be the Encyclopedia and no new dragon this time... Two minutes to go... *slinks off to the News section*

Of course the 6th gens refused: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=6&mate=faurI. It's probably good they refused, I forgot I was egg locked and would've lost the egg if they hadn't. Still is irritating. >.>

I also bred and abandoned a rather pretty 4th gen guardian egg that previews the shadow walker X guardian checker I'm working on: http://dragcave.net/lineage/EJCBU. It'll probably show up in the AP in a few days. smile.gif

Edited by ytak

Bad luck with that refusal, ytak. Wretched, ungrateful fings.

Green neb alert - 3rd gen /gold, if anyone is after one. 17 hrs till grow time.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/zK9HD PM if you want it.

My purebred normal black project is coming along. With the top half at 8th gen http://dragcave.net/lineage/p2eNv and the bottom half at 7th gen http://dragcave.net/lineage/C69hV, one more block to catch and breed and I'll have 9th gen.

I think I'll cal it quits if I get that 9th gen lol

And in the quest to get 2nd gen metal cross bases from a wider variety, I was tickled with this terps maiden http://dragcave.net/lineage/NWP19 That one has been a long time coming lol

Bad luck with that refusal, ytak. Wretched, ungrateful fings.

Green neb alert - 3rd gen /gold, if anyone is after one. 17 hrs till grow time.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/zK9HD PM if you want it.

My purebred normal black project is coming along. With the top half at 8th gen http://dragcave.net/lineage/p2eNv and the bottom half at 7th gen http://dragcave.net/lineage/C69hV, one more block to catch and breed and I'll have 9th gen.

I think I'll cal it quits if I get that 9th gen lol

And in the quest to get 2nd gen metal cross bases from a wider variety, I was tickled with this terps maiden http://dragcave.net/lineage/NWP19 That one has been a long time coming lol

Oh, yes ytak - bad luck on that sad.gif even an abandoned egg would have been better, I think, although in the end it just means re-breeding one of them, anyway wink.gif

that green neb is gorgeous - one of the base pairs is from my friend, probably an abandoned egg, so I believe I already have one (too lazy to look). Nice that it went green!

I can't believe you got a gold from turpentine!!!!! My friend and I have not yet been successful with that, and sooo pretty!

Hello, guys! Haven't posted here & been active for some time due to some RL-issues..

I hope your projects are going well!

Today I'm happy to intruduce to you this little boy (will mature soon! matured) wub.gif

Would love to know what do you think of its lineage? Before I started this project I had never bred any Hellhorses at all (though I lurve the sprites!), and once avatars were released, set my mind on trying AoDs with them - as base pairs look neat too, for my liking.

If anyone's doing the same lineage - will gladly contribute eggs :3

Along with that lineage, I'm also doing some more (with avatars too):

AoC m + AoCh f

Hellhorse m + AoD f

SoulPeace m + AoC f wub.gif

Tried to breed a 2d gen Guardian from a Silver m for someone, but got a metal egg instead! :/ I wish my Silver/Green copper couples were as productive... So now I've got to start another metal checker which I haven't even thought of before ))) Well, pixels can be wilful at times (or they're mostly so?)

Anyway, congrats to everyone on their successes!

And Good luck to you all and especially those, who got refusals!

Thank you for reading!

Edited by Ae0nian

This is getting ridiculous! This and this all in pursuit of just ONE silver egg between them! I think I will switch up mates the next time and see if that helps. It certainly can't hurt!

That's a beautiful Pink Pony, I only wish I could find a worthy mate sad.gif

The same problem here purplehaze, I've given up on them now.

Edited by nooey

The same problem here purplehaze, I've given up on them now.

I'm too stubborn to give up. wink.gif So I just keep breeding them every week or so and tossing the Speckles to the AP. Someday perhaps they will astound me.

This is getting ridiculous! This and this all in pursuit of just ONE silver egg between them! I think I will switch up mates the next time and see if that helps. It certainly can't hurt!

Yes, it's a rough go...

http://dragcave.net/progeny/1Xcdz

This doesn't look that bad, but there were twice as many (at least) no interest/no eggs as speckles. Finally got that silver, tried again, got a speckle.

I think you'll get one eventually, and it can't hurt to change them up, unless they refuse and then, oh, well sad.gif

Good luck! It's so pretty, it's worth trying.

@ytak:

I can imagine that is highly irritating ! But at least it shouldn't be too hard to get a replacement for one of them. Great lineage, by the way - both beautiful and impressive ! (And it reminded me of how much I like Guardians... Have to find a way to do something with them...)

And I will definitely look out for that other Guardian in the AP, it's marvellous !! wub.gif

(Sadly, I never manage to remember when exactly an egg will show up there - when it reaches the time on its description page that is shown on the other eggs in the AP, or one day later, because the AP adds a day ? So, would it be there when it has 4dxx left, or when it actually has 3dxx left ?)

@Shamiir:

Congratulations on the 8th gen Black !

And you got a Gold from Turpentine ! With only 7 fails along the way ! Wow ! double-congrats on that one ! And they look lovely together, indeed.

@Ae0nian:

Your beautiful lineages impress me again and again. Those Destruction/Hellhorse lines do look great - the purple of the Horses looks similar enough to the GoNs that the CB generation blends seamlessly with the rest. (It works a little better with the female Hellhorses, because they match the colour of their Hellfire parents even better than the males do.)

The Soulpeaces and Creations are a lovely pairing, too.

@purplehaze:

Remember my Royal Blue from Imp thing from above ? And that wasn't even a real uncommon. So I'm afraid you are in for looooooong, hard times. But yes, keep going, they have to budge eventually !! *cheers you on* (Plus, at least you give a lot of beautiful Speckles to the AP collectors. wink.gif )

@topic:

I finally managed to name my "all red" lineage, so it's finally completely done: Knight of the Garnet.

I was as good as done with my "all white" when the Frostbites came out. They fit a lot better than the Radiant Angels (too much red), so I decided to re-arrange. This is the new lower half, and in the upper one the Frostbite is supposed to take the Albino's place. But of course I am stuck now, because all I get are Frostbites. And what I need is a White. So back to try and try again...

There aren't many "all yellow" dragons, and I was gifted a 2nd gen Gold from GW in the "Caribbean lineage" project, so the all yellow was done quite fast - and is very short.

At the moment I am working on an "all blue" that will be a 5th gen. The biggest part so far is a third gen. But I need a 2nd gen Daydream from Winter (only got four Summers so far), which will take ages, so no end in sight. (At least if I only get Seasonals till December, I can switch the pair, and use the Winters instead. wink.gif ) And I will probably have to finish it with one or two "placeholders", because the ideal form needs an Ice from Bleeding Moon and a Tsunami from Blue-Banded. And while I'll keep trying, I won't hold the progress of the lineage while waiting for miracles to happen, so I'll use the commons instead and do the proper thing whenever the miracles come along. wink.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

@purplehaze

I tried the same thing with her and her and gave up. And no, I didn't give up on the Balloons xd.png

Thanks for all your sympathy. And, yes, I succeeded on breeding a replacement egg. I'm crossing my fingers for success next week. smile.gif

Looking for advice on which way I should influence a Guardian of Nature egg. I (surprisingly) summoned my third and final egg and have no clue which way I should influence it (which is probably why I succeeded). I have loose ideas for project but no definite ones. Is there an advantage of one gender over the other in a project?

Thanks for all your sympathy. And, yes, I succeeded on breeding a replacement egg. I'm crossing my fingers for success next week. smile.gif

Looking for advice on which way I should influence a Guardian of Nature egg. I (surprisingly) summoned my third and final egg and have no clue which way I should influence it (which is probably why I succeeded). I have loose ideas for project but no definite ones. Is there an advantage of one gender over the other in a project?

The only thing I've noticed is that when other people need eggs, it seems that most of them need something from a male GoN.

I let mine go the way it wanted, and it went female - if my hubby ever gets his 3rd, he'll influence male.

But I've been frustrated in not having 2 males.

That's just my experience, someone else might be the complete opposite.

Possibly, liking female coppers and female moonstones better wtth the GoN's has a lot to do with it.

But I like the male gold better...I wish it were 4 now, so I could have 2 pairs biggrin.gif Yeah, give me an inch laugh.gif