Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Is there any market out there for 3rd even gen Shimmers? I bred this little one and I am pretty happy with it, but I have not had even a nibble on the trade.

user posted image

I may just keep it, build on it for my own use and break down and breed the stairs that everyone seems to want. sad.gif

Is there any market out there for 3rd even gen Shimmers? I bred this little one and I am pretty happy with it, but I have not had even a nibble on the trade.

user posted image

I may just keep it, build on it for my own use and break down and breed the stairs that everyone seems to want. sad.gif

It's beautiful! What are you asking for it?

I rarely look at the trade threads any more, there's not that much that I want. I guess I should check them out more often!

Fuzz, unlike the other threads there which are strictly for trading the Even Gens thread in the trading subforum is also intended as a place you can ask for things you need. If you need 2nd gen shinies it's ok to ask for help getting them.

It's beautiful! What are you asking for it?

I rarely look at the trade threads any more, there's not that much that I want. I guess I should check them out more often!

Well, that may be part of the problem. I had no idea what to ask, so I just asked for reasonable offers. rolleyes.gif Also, I don't have a trade link up, just asking for PMs because I have had it hidden. I think I will make a new post tomorrow with a trade link and be a little more specific about what I might consider reasonable. But I have few real needs for my scroll except for CB shinies and Coppers, and I'm not sure it's reasonable to ask for those.

... I am building a gold x green nebula checker and am short one gold for the base layer ...

I happen to have acquired 1 more pair and will keep breeding this - which type of egg do you need? (Today, they gave me "no egg" though.)

user posted image

I may just keep it, build on it for my own use and break down and breed the stairs that everyone seems to want.  sad.gif

I wish I could even remotely afford a beauty like this!

Speaking of even-gen Shimmers, I'll be busy for a while looking for dragons that could help me with a mate for this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/A1X2N - kinda difficult when all potential CB pairings only give Whites xd.png

They didn't. One more soulpeace try and I'm going to rebreed her mad.gif

Oh, ouch!

I would go ahead and breed both, because you never know and what if it takes a while to get an alt?

Good luck!!!

BTW, everything I bred today and got eggs - and I was fairly successful - I used influence on.

Everything I didn't use influence on provided nothing. Most of the time, it feels like influence does nothing, but boy, I think it really worked today!

I wish I could even remotely afford a beauty like this!

Yep, that's what I thought... wink.gif

Speaking of even-gen Shimmers, I'll be busy for a while looking for dragons that could help me with a mate for this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/A1X2N - kinda difficult when all potential CB pairings only give Whites xd.png

It's not perfect, but I could try to get a sibling of her. The result would be a "mirror" with warmer (no pun intended, considering the Magmas) colours in the lower half.

@irercha:

That's a really beautiful lineage ! My sympathies for that refusal. But at least Soulpeaces (from Soulpeace parents) are easy to re-breed. Better luck next time !!

I have this line, Lilysally. http://dragcave.net/lineage/yy7KK

They just produced another gold as their 3rd egg. I'll let you know when they have a 4th if you like.

Fuzz, tried my gold/green nebs and also tried for 2nd gens but only got neb eggs so far. I'll try others as they become available. Love your projects.

Is this the place to beg for help ?

I have two issues: one that I am building a gold x green nebula checker and am short one gold for the base layer - and the other that I have just started a silver x black tea checker - (Male teas) and only get teas from my two female silvers. If anyone else is doing either one, and can help out ...

(I also have problems with royal blue x silver checkers, both ways round - but as all these are metallic, I don't want to get GREEDY here...)

Beg away!

I have been sort of working on that green neb/gold checker, and actually have 2 golds with no mates sad.gif Will be happy to try for you once I have some space.

Elayne: Regarding Male Gold X Female Sunsong, one of my friends is working on this. It's quite difficult to get golds from Sunsongs, but she has succeeded once or twice. She'd be happy to try for you, if you let me know which gen you need and which breed.

Oh, and she's also tried working on the green neb/gold some, so we could swap - happy to keep you in the loop, Fuzz.

Anyone heard from dragonsrus? It worries me some about the baby...I hope it went well and he's just busy changing diapers.

Anyone heard from dragonsrus?  It worries me some about the baby...I hope it went well and he's just busy changing diapers.

No recent posts, but I just checked his profile and his signature now shouts "Zoey has arrived! Daddy's little girl!" in red letters. wink.gif So I hope that means all is well. As you well know, a new baby can be very time-consuming!

Edited by purplehaze

No recent posts, but I just checked his profile and his signature now shouts "Zoey has arrived! Daddy's little girl!" in red letters. wink.gif So I hope that means all is well. As you well know, a new baby can be very time-consuming!

Oh, thank you ! I never thought to check his profile.

I'm so pleased for him and his family biggrin.gif

Oh, ouch!

I would go ahead and breed both, because you never know and what if it takes a while to get an alt?

Shhh, let her think I'm being seriuos smile.gif

@Lantean_Pegasus

Thanks. I'm not patient enough to check this on progeny pages, but I believe that in this lineage regular blacks seem most common. Well, I'm almost there, so one way or another I'll get my 5th gen.

@lilysally

Congrats on that gold smile.gif

It's not perfect, but I could try to get a sibling of her. The result would be a "mirror" with warmer (no pun intended, considering the Magmas) colours in the lower half.

That would be great - and so pretty smile.gif

Hello,

Thought this would be the best place to go - I've not played in 5+ years and can't remember a thing! Apart from my logins surprisingly!

Anywho, I restarted my scroll and I have an idea for a huge lineage project - involving 8 separate lineages that will eventually get combined. Shyeah - probably bit off more than I could chew. But I would like each lineage to be even gen, and to get to the 4th gen before I start combining them.

I don't think I even attempted a lineage before - just bred and bred to my heart's content. So has anyone got any advice for starting off a lineage (or 8)? I've got the themes sorted for each lineage, but just need to decide on the breeds - I'm thinking checkerboard for some, which will be fun getting the gendering right.

So ramble, ramble, ramble... This sounds like a lot of work already, so what's the best way you've found of organising lineages and keeping track of generations and inbreeding? (Would love to avoid inbreeding if possible!)

Thaaanks! biggrin.gif

Welcome back smile.gif

Avoid inbreeding: naming schemes!

For example, http://dragcave.net/lineage/n/Omnia%20Aella is the final product, but you see, the base pairs all have matching first letters which then get used for the 2nd gen, and those first letters get used in the 3rd gen names again (like Anton and Candy become Ace), and added for 4th gen (Ace + Zen = Znac - with decreasing readability, it seems xd.png)

You can always rename all your dragons when you are done with the whole project, so you won't be stuck with some ghastly numbering schemes if that's how you would mark your dragons wink.gif

Gendering: Start with collecting Pinks of both genders wink.gif These can influence your eggs to be the gender you need.

Selecting breeds: I love the wiki for that smile.gif I would suggest selecting breeds with similar rarity and with similar age - the newer a common breed is, the more dominant it is when it comes to breeding. But for checkers, you eventually want to get *both* breeds from a specific pair of breeds.

Sample of a suboptimal choice: http://dragcave.net/progeny/14mFS

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Thanks Ruby - having a look on the wiki now! Need to get a list together for the CBs I need! Got to find out the egg descriptions too! Got so much work ahead of me!

I've got a vague idea on a naming system, but it's more for the 1st born males and females from each pair. I might go for roman numerals to mark the generations, and I'm getting a spreadsheet together too! I have too much fun with spreadsheets....

@jesscaar:

Well, I think Ruby Eyes said it all. To look at the breeds (and egg descriptions), the wiki is the best place to go. Taking rarity and release date into account helps a lot. And I love my spreadsheets, too - they should be the safest way to avoid mistakes. smile.gif Good luck to your project(s) !

@Ruby Eyes:

Huzzah !! My White/Tinsel pair loves you - they gave me a Tinsel right at first try. A PM is on its way ! laugh.gif

(That Moonstone/Grey lineage is beautiful !!)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

@jesscaar:

i use a spreadsheet to keep track of all my lineages/projects. its in my sig if you want to look at it.