Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Both of the black eggs I picked up this week hatched alt. I guess there really is an epidemic of alts right now. That makes 3 for me in the last few weeks, almost as many as I had had before in all my years of raising dragons.

But that makes me really hesitant to continue my rainbow lineage right now. I need a black egg from the next pair, but don't want an alt.

Is everyone else having the same experience with bred blacks?

Yep!

This lovely 7th gen. just hatched alt. <3

I'm quite happy about it, but I can see where that can be a problem for certain lineages. ^^; Perhaps wait for the epidemic to die down?

Yep!

This lovely 7th gen. just hatched alt. <3

I'm quite happy about it, but I can see where that can be a problem for certain lineages. ^^; Perhaps wait for the epidemic to die down?

I think I will do that. I am perfectly happy with the two that hatched today, but don't really want an alt in that particular lineage.

I hate how holiday mates make the most metallic babies. :< Some pairings are very pretty, but still. Let the common mates have some shiny.

*sigh* I know... I was hoping for common mates so I can do more things with them, but no, only holidays spits shinies back to me... >< Maybe my commons just need to be more 'glamorous' to attract my picky gold lady, haha. rolleyes.gif

Hey guys,

I think I'm going to try find my other Val '09 dragon a mate. She's probably envious that the younger Val '09 already has one yet she doesn't. x)

Anyways, looking for a mate for her. Could anyone breed a sun egg of this lineage for me, pretty please? I'd be happy to assist you with your lineages in return, if wanted. ^^

Oh! Oh! I have the perfect egg for you! biggrin.gif

I can offer you this http://dragcave.net/lineage/MNfWa until you find a fitting Sunrise... Interested?

Thanks very much for the offer but I actually just got back online to see that tikigurl91 had such an egg waiting. :) Your egg is beautiful too though!

Oh! Oh! I have the perfect egg for you! :D

Thank you! ^^

Both of the black eggs I picked up this week hatched alt. I guess there really is an epidemic of alts right now. That makes 3 for me in the last few weeks, almost as many as I had had before in all my years of raising dragons.

But that makes me really hesitant to continue my rainbow lineage right now. I need a black egg from the next pair, but don't want an alt.

yup laugh.gif

all my bred blacks have been alts and previously I had ONE with the exception of those I bred when you could tell by the egg( wow that seems like an eternity)

I've been going back and re-breeding pairs that I want an alt from

Now I'm worried about the bred black egg that I traded for. I like the Alt sprites better than the regular ones, but it would put a wrinkle in my future breeding plans.

And refusal. Luckily, it should be easy to rebreed since I need a common 2nd gen.

Yes! My BBW-alt black lineage has really taken off thanks to all the alts.

Edited by CoraxG

I'm so mad right now. I like alt blacks, so I was really happy when the pair I got in trade both alted, as they were intended to be a mated pair. Mr. Second gen black and Ms. Second gen black, both from alt sweetlings. Yay for me, right?

You know where this is going, I'm sure. Yep. They refused.

To add insult to injury, my lovely Holly has bred exactly one winter egg this year with his mate. I have a waiting list of more than a dozen people wanting a winter egg from him. Today was pretty much my last chance this year. Yup. No egg produced.

*goes off to sulk in a corner*

ow! I feel for you Fiona

I haven't had any eggs from my winters for at least 4 weeks if its any consolation,

but your alt refusal and your holly beat me hands down *hands round cookies*

That sucks Fionna. D:

I'm really sorry to hear that the alts refused. It would have been lovely. And, yeah, my seasonals have been stubborn all winter as well.

So they refused. The last pair I needed to be able to breed my goal of 5th gens. It's really depressing, especially since I was hoping for an egg to gift to a friend. This whole morning has been depressing. sad.gif

Edited by Daydreamer09

*noms a cookie and passes on the plate*

We need a Refusal Reversal magic potion. Or something.

@ Fiona- Yikes that's painful to hear. sad.gif I say we propose a new BSA to help with such painful refusals.

@ Nureyev- Congrats on the alt!

@sheppardkid: there's been a couple different versions batted around, but they always get vetoed, for one reason or another.

I got the parents in the AP (by the same person, presumably) and couldn't resist this: click for prettiness. (It got auto'd, unfortunately, because I'm a derp and was too eager to try it.) I like to mess with other people's projects, as seen with Souly's fail dorsals for example. biggrin.gif

Edited by Orlageddon

Oh, he alted! Very pleasant surprise! biggrin.gif

Also bred this and this.

Also.. looking for a new project with Purple males... what do you all think looks nicest?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/kbZkJ

http://dragcave.net/lineage/XLCtm

http://dragcave.net/lineage/PePI3 ?

I like the purple x harvest one. It's a nice mix of colours and interesting couple.

---

Talking about winter breeding... I feel everyone's pain... I had a project involving winter dragon as well. The good thing is it's finished, the bad thing is I really wanted a winter egg for the finished lineage, but I just couldn't in my life breed any winter. *sigh*

---

Anyway, I got this from the AP earlier:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/kO8CK

And I'm thinking to extend it a bit. Wish me good luck breeding a 2nd gen gold from pebble... (The chance is probably less than nil laugh.gif )

I like the purple x harvest one. It's a nice mix of colours and interesting couple.

---

Talking about winter breeding... I feel everyone's pain... I had a project involving winter dragon as well. The good thing is it's finished, the bad thing is I really wanted a winter egg for the finished lineage, but I just couldn't in my life breed any winter. *sigh*

---

Anyway, I got this from the AP earlier:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/kO8CK

And I'm thinking to extend it a bit. Wish me good luck breeding a 2nd gen gold from pebble... (The chance is probably less than nil laugh.gif )

Yes I am leaning towards that one too. ^^

Add me to the list of people with Winter troubles... mine won't seem to produce eggs either. sad.gif Hubby has a lovely Winter x Rosebud checker and I have a Sweetling x Winter and neither has made an egg yet. D= One more chance left for the year. mellow.gif

And hat17, I have a sibling to your Pebble that I got from the AP a while back. smile.gif Very pretty lineage but I haven't tried to continue it yet.

... and this.

Glad to see that one came out so nicely. biggrin.gif

Always love to see pretty grandbabies. <3

Now I'm worried about the bred black egg that I traded for. I like the Alt sprites better than the regular ones, but it would put a wrinkle in my future breeding plans.

Yep, it alt'd. rolleyes.gif I'm going to try to swap it so I can try again for a non-Alt, but I guess I don't mind keeping her, since I do like the Alt sprites. I'm just not sure if I'll be able to use it for my planned breedings now.

On the plus side, this worked.

Well, all of the blacks alting is putting me slightly behind on my Loki project, but I decided that since each and every one was alting I might as well create a second project for my army, ^^;

And this pair successfully bred a gold for me on their first try, ^^