Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

@ Amazon_warrior- The Stripes just don't like you right now do they? :/ You should totally feed them to the woodchipper and then nom them in the Yummy Dragons thread. Sorry that they aren't playing nice. sad.gif

@ Goslander- ohmy.gif Gorgeous! I do hope you decide to open a list for that pair. They are just amazing!

@ Nervenklinik- Congratulations on the Ice! That's an interesting combo.

::Drum Roll::

Over two years in the making! I present to you:

6th gen Gaia project complete!

This dragon's ancestors include:

- all five colors of stripes and all four seasons

- 2nd gen bluna, geode, and shallow water

- 2nd gen alt vine and alt black

- red and purple dorsals, sunrise and sunsets, old pink and new pink

All but three of the 2nd gens were bred from my scroll -- I used AP catches for the black x gold and white x silver because I have no CB metals of my own. I also used an AP caught balloon x purple because, at the time, it was nearly impossible to get anything but a balloon from a balloon pairing and I didn't want to breed 173746725 balloons trying for a purple dragon.

If I had it to do over, there are things I'd do differently, but I'm not doing it over. I'M DONE!

Oooh! That is gorgeous, codyne! <3

Eee! The first of the black-and-pink lineages I've been working on since Halloween - when I fell in love with the Marrow/Sweetling combination - is essentially finished! \o/ Barring refusal, that is. Heh.

I've now got this combination to breed black/pink checkers year 'round, and then on Halloween and V-day I can just take the two "endcaps" and breed them together for this. :D (I just wish I could actually keep a Sweetling from that... but I'm not willing to release my only CB adult for it. ;_; Ah well, at least there's Halloween!)

Now if only my pinks would cooperate so I can finish this other one... They've been insanely reluctant to breed. :/ Then I need to get on finding some people who can breed 2nd-gens from alt. Sweetlings so I can start the last one. *g*

They refused. >_> I wanted a White Stripe from them...but now I've gone all sour grapes and decided it wouldn't look that pretty anyway. :|

@codyne - Whoa, congrats! I like how the Stripe and Seasonal variations are bred along in an arc. It gives off a feel of watching something morph into something else and something else and it's just really cool. I was going to ask which steps took the longest, but then I noticed it took ~2 years to breed your Green Stripe. XD; I'm betting the alt Vine/Black steps took a while too.

@Inbecamiel - I don't like Sweetling/Marrow very much, nor do I usually like twisted checkers - but I think that's quite pretty! Will you still consider yourself done if the Black alts? And good luck on finding the 2nd gens you need. c:

Edited by Saloiq

@codyne, Congratulations on finishing your project! Two years is a long time to stick with something. smile.gif

In this past week, I've tried three new pairs for projects and had refusal, refusal, and refusal. mad.gif The last one is the worst because even if it's two 2nd gens, I don't own any of the parents so I can't just breed a new mate.

I need to get out of this run of bad luck!

Edited by sfts

@Inbecamiel - I don't like Sweetling/Marrow very much, nor do I usually like twisted checkers - but I think that's quite pretty! Will you still consider yourself done if the Black alts? And good luck on finding the 2nd gens you need. c:

Thanks! ^^ LOL, yeah, I had thought about the Black alting... considering how ridiculously long it took me to complete the collection of alts I did want, it'd be just my luck for this one to go and alt now, with the current streak of them. XD If it does, I might re-breed at some point in the future when the current trend dies down, but for the time being I think I'd still call it done.

Thanks, all, I'm so pleased to have finished my Gaia project! It was only the second even-gen project I ever started, and at times I thought I'd never get it done.

@codyne - Whoa, congrats! I like how the Stripe and Seasonal variations are bred along in an arc. It gives off a feel of watching something morph into something else and something else and it's just really cool. I was going to ask which steps took the longest, but then I noticed it took ~2 years to breed your Green Stripe. xd.png; I'm betting the alt Vine/Black steps took a while too.

I actually bred a green stripe early on -- but got nothing but blunas from him and two different mates for over a year and a half. Finally decided to breed a second green stripe x bluna pair so I could try twice a week instead of only once, and got a blue stripe from them on the second try!

I got totally lucky on both of the alts. The first vine I bred for the project alted. The black was a super lucky AP catch -- both that it alted, and that it was a 2nd gen black x gold, just what I needed for my project.

I was originally going to have the stripes and seasonals together in the top half of the lineage, but when black stripes came out, I shifted 4th gens around so I could breed the gray x stripe together for a black stripe. I was fully expecting that to take as long as getting the blue stripe did, but it only took 4 months.

@Imbecamiel, I love the pink sweetling x marrow. That's a really pretty lineage.

@sfts, those are some frustrating refusals! Your dragons owe you some good luck.

Congratulations on all the nice lineages everyone! I love coming here to see what people have come up with.

As for myself, my GW from TAE's lovely SA alt just grew up, and liked the mate I picked out for him. biggrin.gif I'm planning on doing something like this, except that the other 3rd gen should be a White. I'm also going to do a similar lineage without the whites, so it is just GW x SA.

Also, in related Snow Angel news, my Snow Angel x Vine pair is going for some kind of record for most eggs produced without an alt. I'm on egg 17 and it's getting a little old. >:(

They gave me an egg!!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/KOlJ2

*faints*

That's one helluva of a lineage! *adores* You've accomplished so much by reaching 3rd gen! Congratulations!!!

I finally got a 2nd gen gold shimmer egg from my shimmer x horse checker lineage. For some reason my CB dragons don't seem to like my idea of mates, and they kept refusing each other or showed absolutely no interest... Got two horse eggs earlier from a friend, and got the gold shimmer from another! Yay! Now if the 2nd gens won't refuse each other when they grow up......

*not optimistic at all after all those refusals in the past weeks.... sleep.gif*

Unlike sheppardkid, I'm only aiming for 4th gen - but I'm almost done too!

They're compatible! But I need a blue Neb from them to mate with him, so I AP'd that Moonstone egg.

@Valkie - On your first try? O: Congrats, Tan Ridgie x Silver is very pretty.

@Dolphine - Will you ever put them together or do you prefer to stick to the color patterns all the way to the end? I'm wondering since all the 2nd gens are green but then they branch off into other colors~

@hat17 - I feel like refusals are better than no interest when the mates are replaceable - at least that way I know to rebreed right away. Otherwise I might get stuck in the rut of weeks of no egg and reluctant to rebreed and "waste" my weeks of waiting. >_>

They gave me an egg!!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/KOlJ2

*faints*

That is absolutely gorgeous. Ridgewings and Silvers are my two favourite breeds, so I naturally adore the combination. Really nice work, it must be so difficult to breed those guys. Congrats on the silver egg!

Who's doing/has done Horse x Waterhorse? I've fallen head over heels for the colour combination and I think I'm going to do a basic checker with male horses and female waterhorses.

Edited by Nervenklinik

Who's doing/has done Horse x Waterhorse? I've fallen head over heels for the colour combination and I think I'm going to do a basic checker with male horses and female waterhorses.

I can breed a 3rd gen Horse/Waterhorse, but I'm not planning on going any further. Dragonwolf is just starting, and wolfwindmoon is up to a 5th gen but on her way to a 6th. Oh, and here is the Aquus Lineage thread. While it's a pretty inactive thread and not strictly a Horse/Waterhorse checker project, you could just hit up the project members for 3rd gens from pairs that match your needs. XD;

I can breed a 3rd gen Horse/Waterhorse, but I'm not planning on going any further. Dragonwolf is just starting, and wolfwindmoon is up to a 5th gen but on her way to a 6th. Oh, and here is the Aquus Lineage thread. While it's a pretty inactive thread and not strictly a Horse/Waterhorse checker project, you could just hit up the project members for 3rd gens from pairs that match your needs. xd.png;

Thank you for all the information! I'm collecting CBs at the moment, if it starts going anywhere now I know where to hunt for eggs and blood swaps. biggrin.gif

@ Valkiepoo- Such a lovely lineage! I would have never thought to pair those two breeds together. I'm sure it took forever just to get the 3rd gen!

@ Dolphine- Congrats on the higher gen Stripes. smile.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NcWKP

Squee. I don't know if there even ARE enough Hollies to breed this a mate, but now I really want to try.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

That is absolutely gorgeous. Ridgewings and Silvers are my two favourite breeds, so I naturally adore the combination. Really nice work, it must be so difficult to breed those guys. Congrats on the silver egg!

Like Saloiq said I've just started. *smile* I'm doing it the other way around though xd.png (female horse x male waterhorse)

I can breed third gens my myself, Saloiq gifted me a gen3 (my third gen and that one didnt give an egg though *pout*) and I have a gen5 from wolfwindmoon.

I'm also waiting for a gen3 from my sister and will breed another gen3 myself so I in the end can match up it all and get gen6 *laugh*