Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Opinions: Would it be unreasonable to ask for a CB Trio in return for a 2nd gen, PB curled alt black hatchie? Thanks.

I don't see why not. I think it's a fair trade, imo. ^.^

Opinions: Would it be unreasonable to ask for a CB Trio in return for a 2nd gen, PB curled alt black hatchie? Thanks.

I think that would be reasonable, though people tend to prefer messy alts to nicely lineaged ones for freezing purposes.

Honestly, I think you could have asked for two (or more)

Edited by rayden54

I have five CB common hatchlings - what can I get for them? I'm always looking for Unbreedables, a CB Black or a low-gen Tinsel. And how many hatchies is one of these worth?

I have five CB common hatchlings - what can I get for them? I'm always looking for Unbreedables, a CB Black or a low-gen Tinsel. And how many hatchies is one of these worth?

That depends, some people want certain breeds like reds, moonstones or purples. Keep a lookout in the trade thread for these guys

What's considered a fair trade for breeding your CB Valentines for 2gens?

Depends on breed. The Val 09 and Alt sweetling could be worth something, but finding 2nd gens of newer breeds really isn't that hard.

Hello smile.gif

What do people usually seek for a nice lineaged Holly (not being prize dragons, alts, neglects, unbreedables or other really rare dragons)?

Nice lineaged I mean, not inbred, not messy, not too long, even gens/staircases/spirals. Maybe 2nd-5th gens or something? biggrin.gif

Hello smile.gif

What do people usually seek for a nice lineaged Holly (not being prize dragons, alts, neglects, unbreedables or other really rare dragons)?

Nice lineaged I mean, not inbred, not messy, not too long, even gens/staircases/spirals. Maybe 2nd-5th gens or something? biggrin.gif

A lot of people were asking for CB metallics for that kind of thing, but I doubt that a whole lot of them actually got it, because CB metals are pretty hard to come by at that time of year.

Before there was an enforced IOU policy, I got an IOU for a Holly some time in the summer for just like 6 CB hatchies of cave blockers, so you certainly can get them much "cheaper". Of course mine isn't a perfect stair/spiral, either.

Also 3gen shimmers?

I got a CB Silver in exchange for a promise of one (I'm on several 2nd gen lists), but I feel that's atypical. A few people are offering bundles of nice lineage Metals for them, though! I guess what it really boils down to is 1) how soon you can breed 3rd gens (with sooner obviously making them much, much more valuable then later) and 2) finding the right person.

All depends on the person (my eternal answer, haha X'D)! While most will ask for the things you mentioned, there are a few nice people who might give you odd tasks to do (like collecting a large amount of CB Commons for them instead). Just look around for people with Hollies, see if their sigs/profiles suggest they'd be open to trading, and ask. I would also suggest hanging around on IRC during Christmas, as some people were giving away nice Hollies for free. You can also join the Common Collector's Competition to have a shot at winning some nice Hollies.

Now, my question! What would be the worth of a 2nd gen Val '09?

I think it might depend on some extent to what it's bred with. Mated with a CB rare or discontinued would probably up it's value a bit, would think a Cb stripe or GW or something along those lines at the very least.

My question: I know most people aren't keen on tinsel lines that have more than two breeds, but I'm wondering if an '09 Valentine from this line would be worth an uncommon (or two)? It's unusual, and I think rather pretty.

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...gen=4&mate=H3eQ

How do CB Trios compare to CB Golden Wyverns and/or CB Blacks?

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

From my own trading experience, you can trade them all 1:1. Thunder may have some difficulty, but usually just waiting for right offer should get you one. Similarly for ice/magma specially magma, some people ask for 2 GWs but 1:1 is a reasonable trade as well. Really depends on the person you're trading with.

If bred with cb metal then maybe 2 uncommon or a rare, if bred with normal pairs, then uncommon pretty much. Though people are willing to offer higher individually depending on their need as seen in current trades. 2gen val'09 are dropping in AP like all other (I caught and tossed 3 because it wasn't my intended pair), not in as much abundance, but definitely available, though most people would rather trade for one if it's not too expensive than hunting AP.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I managed to trade 2 CB GW each for a different CB Trio (a Thunder and an Ice), so I agree with Amaterasu-sama, that 1:1 sounds fair.

My own question now:

What's the worth of a CB Black?

What is a 2nd gen PB curled alt black worth? Would it be worth a CB metal? If not, what should be added?

What is a 2nd gen PB curled alt black worth? Would it be worth a CB metal? If not, what should be added?

If you asking if someone would take a CB metal for a 2nd gen PB curled alt black, I can tell you I would take it in a heartbeat, nothing additional needed. If you are asking if you can get a CB metal for a 2nd gen PB curled alt black, I would say, no, not CB but I could be wrong.

I agree with ElayneDragonLover. If you're offering a CB you'll get one, if you're looking for a CB metal then probably not. The only time that might be different is if we're in the middle of a period of one type (such as sitting alts) and you offer the other type (curled alts). But even then it would be difficult to find a trade like that and I'm not sure we're in a sitting alt phase right now.

As for what you'd have to add, that's really hard to say. Maybe if you had a some 2nd gen metals with common mates to offer you could make a trade. Also, some people make deals for tons of hatchlings for CB metals, but you can't really offer to do that on this forum anymore because there's no official IOU trading.

You could try making NDs. Although their value has come down some, I got a CB Silver for one about a week ago. You won't get that every time, but it's still a good option.

Honestly, most of the trades for CB metals that I've seen lately are for:

2nd gen Tins

2nd gen new prize eggs

Sometimes 3rd gen Tins from an uncommon line

2nd gen Holly IOUs

Also, some people will trade them for 2nd gen Thuweds, and anyone can get on the list for those

I'm sure there are other things, but those are the most common that I've seen. Although you can certainly put together the best offer you have available and then ask for a CB metal. You never know when you'll get it. I was surprised I got the one the other week, so it often depends on what people need.

Also, I just saw that someone won a CB Gold in a lotto in the IRC, so that's an option, too.

P.S. OT, but your Holly is related to mine! Not all that important, but I like meeting people with whom I share dragon family. xd.png

Edited by skauble

Thanks for your answers :3

P.S. OT, but your Holly is related to mine! Not all that important, but I like meeting people with whom I share dragon family. xd.png.png

That's awesome! <3

Does anybody know what CB Blacks are currently worth?

3rd-5th Gen Metallics

4+ Gen Tinsels

biggrin.gif

Think this egg is worth a CB Blusang? Is it worth a lot less? Is it worth a lot more? I haven't done much trading involving metals, so I don't really know what they go for.

What if I were to throw a CB male Hellfire hatchling into the mix?