Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What's this worth? It's a 2nd Gen Sweetling from Alt Sweetling x Spriter's Alt Ribbon Dancer.

Edited by rayden54

Think this egg is worth a CB Blusang? Is it worth a lot less? Is it worth a lot more? I haven't done much trading involving metals, so I don't really know what they go for.

What if I were to throw a CB male Hellfire hatchling into the mix?

Coming from a CB black to continue the checker stair would make it worth a CB Blusang.

But i think it you looked someone would offer it, and a CB Hatchie is worth a bit. Add that in and you'll get a Blusang! biggrin.gif

What's this worth? It's a 2nd Gen Sweetling from Alt Sweetling x Spriter's Alt Ribbon Dancer.

Not completly sure because of its parents, although maybe a low gen metalic?

What is the worth of a CB Winter? Could I get a CB Golden Wyvern, CB Blusang or CB Tan Ridgewing for it?

Also, a question about trades in general: I sometimes put rare eggs up for trade against common or uncommon hatchlings. Granted, it's several hatchlings against the one egg, but when I had problems catching rares, I used to jump at such opportunities (I wasn't able to catch rares, but I could catch and raise commons!). Now however, I've noticed that such a trade will sit unanswered for quite a while. Is my list of hatchlings to choose from too long, causing people to skip the post entirely? Or is raising and trading several (un)commons against one rare a thing of the past?

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Now however, I've noticed that such a trade will sit unanswered for quite a while. Is my list of hatchlings to choose from too long, causing people to skip the post entirely? Or is raising and trading several (un)commons against one rare a thing of the past?

I doubt it's a thing of the past, however, it's gonna depend on what exactly you want (and whether you expect the person to have the commons immediately or not).

Also, a question about trades in general: I sometimes put rare eggs up for trade against common or uncommon hatchlings. Granted, it's several hatchlings against the one egg, but when I had problems catching rares, I used to jump at such opportunities (I wasn't able to catch rares, but I could catch and raise commons!). Now however, I've noticed that such a trade will sit unanswered for quite a while. Is my list of hatchlings to choose from too long, causing people to skip the post entirely? Or is raising and trading several (un)commons against one rare a thing of the past?

There's quite a list of common dragons to hatch, and chances are that most users won't have more then two hatchlings you are looking for. They might think that's not enough. And with a new No IOUs rule, people are probably even more uncomfortable about PMing others for trade since they don't know who will accept and who won't accept an IOU offer.

I got this for mine (but 42 was just really desperate for it lol)

• • 2 or 3 CB GWs

• CB Ice

• 3G Tinsel

• 4th gen Silver hatchie

• 10 Blunae hatchies

• 10 CB Winters

I doubt it's a thing of the past, however, it's gonna depend on what exactly you want (and whether you expect the person to have the commons immediately or not).

There's quite a list of common dragons to hatch, and chances are that most users won't have more then two hatchlings you are looking for. They might think that's not enough. And with a new No IOUs rule, people are probably even more uncomfortable about PMing others for trade since they don't know who will accept and who won't accept an IOU offer.

Both are very valid points. I'll put a note in my signature about IOU's in case of multiple hatchlings.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

What is the worth of a CB Winter? Could I get a CB Golden Wyvern, CB Blusang or CB Tan Ridgewing for it?

It could be people are getting lazy and don't want to work hard at catching and raising the hachies, especially gw and blusangs which aren't easy to catch at all

It could be people are getting lazy and don't want to work hard at catching and raising the hachies, especially gw and blusangs which aren't easy to catch at all

I'm not sure if that's the case.

I also had a similar issue as Mistress of Whispers...I was trying to trade short-gen Tinsels and Silvers for a 2nd gen regular Black hatchling from Silver father and I got practically no offers. I think it's more about the IOU rule others have mentioned, and possibly the recent metallic breeding boom that temporarily lowered their value a bit. Of course that last bit depends on wether Mistress of Whispers was talking about a metallic or not.

I'm not sure if that's the case.

I also had a similar issue as Mistress of Whispers...I was trying to trade short-gen Tinsels and Silvers for a 2nd gen regular Black hatchling from Silver father and I got practically no offers. I think it's more about the IOU rule others have mentioned, and possibly the recent metallic breeding boom that temporarily lowered their value a bit. Of course that last bit depends on wether Mistress of Whispers was talking about a metallic or not.

Mine was a CB winter. Since I wanted people who can't normally catch rares to have a shot at it, my 'mix 'n match' hatchling wishlist included some very common dragons (Gray, Guardian, Deepsea, Mint and Water).

I did get a trade btw, but it took a little longer than I'm used to. I think it's the IOU rule too - normally I'd get PMs of people offering to send me the common hatchies over time, since it is very unlikely that someone would have several handy at the exact moment of the trade.

Mine was a CB winter. Since I wanted people who can't normally catch rares to have a shot at it, my 'mix 'n match' hatchling wishlist included some very common dragons (Gray, Guardian, Deepsea, Mint and Water).

I did get a trade btw, but it took a little longer than I'm used to. I think it's the IOU rule too - normally I'd get PMs of people offering to send me the common hatchies over time, since it is very unlikely that someone would have several handy at the exact moment of the trade.

First of all, CB Winters have been pretty darn common recently. I've seen people with 4-5 at a time trying to trade them. Right now I wouldn't offer more than 1-2 specific hatchlings for them.

Also, the more specific your requests, the less likely you are to get an offer.

I've got this tinsel up for trade. I am asking for some CB terrae eggs or hatchies (I didn't specify how many, but was thinking along the lines of 3 or so), but so far I got no offer. Am I asking too much?

I know it is not one of the rare tinsels, but I thought maybe some commons would be a fair trade. I normally hunt them myself, but with the cave practically blocked 24/7 and the little to no movement in the forest biome during hourly drops, I have only seen one terrae in the past day.

I've got this tinsel up for trade. I am asking for some CB terrae eggs or hatchies (I didn't specify how many, but was thinking along the lines of 3 or so), but so far I got no offer. Am I asking too much?

I know it is not one of the rare tinsels, but I thought maybe some commons would be a fair trade. I normally hunt them myself, but with the cave practically blocked 24/7 and the little to no movement in the forest biome during hourly drops, I have only seen one terrae in the past day.

Unfortunately, I imagine that most of the people who still need longer line Tinsels are busy collecting Valentine dragons right now. You may just have bad timing.

Would I be able to get a CB Magma for this Tinsel-combo? http://dragcave.net/lineage/DOOtW

ETA; that's funny, in my experience with trading, every time I'm NOT specific about what I'm looking for is when I get no offers. Weird.

Edited by oddsoxdi

How many CB metals are people offering for a 3rd gen shimmer-scale right now? o,o

It varies. Some people would offer around 3 just for a spot on the list.

I personally wouldn't go that high...

How many CB metals are people offering for a 3rd gen shimmer-scale right now? o,o

I doubt most people would pay a CB Metal for a 3rd gen. I could be wrong, though.

Edited by Erica8798

O_o wow... And I thought one was just being generous... XD

Erica: Yeah... I don't usually even need a CB metallic to get on 2nd gen lists...

Edited by FortyTwo

Yeah, three is really excessive lol. And I am almost positive most of the DC population do not have 3CB Metals at one time. Edited by Erica8798

I had someone offer me two 3rd gens for one CB Gold (though the 2nd one was so far from now it was mostly theoretical).

I don't know how you'd get on the lists w/o CB Metals. It seems like you can't even get on one for 2. Unless you're PMing the owners directly.

Yeah, three is really excessive lol. And I am almost positive most of the DC population do not have 3CB Metals at one time.

Most don't, but I've seen several offering that many for one 2nd gen (and having no luck at all).

Edited by rayden54

I had someone offer me two 3rd gens for one CB Gold (though the 2nd one was so far from now it was mostly theoretical).

I don't know how you'd get on the lists w/o CB Metals. It seems like you can't even get on one for 2. Unless you're PMing the owners directly.

Yeah, three is really excessive lol. And I am almost positive most of the DC population do not have 3CB Metals at one time.
Most don't, but I've seen several offering that many for one 2nd gen (and having no luck at all).

It's not that hard to get on lists with something other than a CB Metsl. I did, and I know 42 has many times, too.

Edited by Erica8798

It's not that hard to get on lists with something other than a CB Metsl. I did, and I know 42 has many times, too.

Once again, HOW.