Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Hm. So, what does a guy have to offer to get a CB Red Neb these days?

Edited by TheGrox

What has happened in DC? I have a CB neglected ungendered hatchie in trades, I am asking 2-3 gen Shimmers, CB golds/Silvers, 2-3 gen tinsels, AND any other nice offers. I am accepting IOUs.

And all I can get are long messy uncommons!! Has the worth of ND's gone down or something? I know people are able to make them, but I thought they still had some rare worth.

What has happened in DC? I have a CB neglected ungendered hatchie in trades, I am asking 2-3 gen Shimmers, CB golds/Silvers, 2-3 gen tinsels, AND any other nice offers. I am accepting IOUs.

And all I can get are long messy uncommons!! Has the worth of ND's gone down or something? I know people are able to make them, but I thought they still had some rare worth.

There's a lot of discussion over what it takes to get a 2nd gen Tin/Shimmer, where some people say it takes a bunch of CB metals and some say it doesn't always even take one. I get the feeling that a lot of the trades for 2nd gen prize dragons that aren't for deals like multiple CB metals tend to be made outside of the trade threads. For instance, in IRC or by PMing people when their lists open and asking what they're looking for. I think that making a deal for those in the trade threads can be difficult because 1. a prize owner has to be reading the thread, 2. they have to have space on their list, 3. the trade has to stand out from all of the other trade offers that they're probably contacted with.

I'm not saying that those kinds of trades are never made in the trade threads - I've made a few as I'm sure that other people have. I just think they might be a bit more difficult and require a more eye catching offer.

As for CB metals right now, I think that a lot of the people who catch enough of them to be willing to trade them are probably trying to make Shimmer deals, so it may be harder to get them for other trades right now.

A few weeks ago I traded an ND for a CB Silver but, honestly, I was really shocked by the offer both because of the prize dragon trading right now and the overall increase in NDs.

But I know that there are a lot of people who either are relatively new and think that what they're offering is considered a "nice offer" because they're a bit unfamiliar with the more general notion of dragon value in the DC economy (because yes, everyone has things they value most, but we also understand that, in the broadest market sense, most people put a 2nd gen Gold higher than a 4th gen Silver), or because they have a "throw everything at it and see if anything sticks" mentality. Kind of a "if you don't try you can't succeed" thing that can be admirable in RL, but sometimes annoying in the game if you're looking for certain kinds of offers.

Maybe if you expanded, in your post, what you considered a nice offer and what you definitely don't want, it could help a bit.

But I really do think that you're probably bumping into the post-prize release surge where the trade market gets kind of upended as everyone aims for those eggs - which means that lots of people are probably making larger scale offers, so an ND may not be able to compete for the Shimmer/Tin while, at the same time, the vast majority of offers are aimed at prize offspring, leaving people less likely to offer on things like an ND.

Still, the cave has been producing a ton more metallics lately, so you could very well get a nice offer.

Also, doesn't DC have an IRC trade channel? That may produce better results, but I can't say that with even a little certainty because I can't even recall if the channel exists. xd.png

Hm. So, what does a guy have to offer to get a CB Red Neb these days?

Try a golden wyvern or a blusang to attract the offers

In breeding Rares and Uncommons, are PB Ices worth more, or Ice/Nebula, Ice/Stripe crosses worth more? I've seen several posts in Trading threads that say things like, "I have no use for PB's".

What would you have to trade for a 3gen Shimmer? 3gen Tinsel of the newer lines?

So what's a 2nd gen purebred sitting ALT black hatchling worth these days?

My undying love and devotion ?

Best I can do just now !

In breeding Rares and Uncommons, are PB Ices worth more, or Ice/Nebula, Ice/Stripe crosses worth more? I've seen several posts in Trading threads that say things like, "I have no use for PB's".

What would you have to trade for a 3gen Shimmer? 3gen Tinsel of the newer lines?

For me when I think about PB Rare anything it's like can i continue it myself. PB pairings simply take longer to continue and so I don't want to deal with it RarexUncommon or Rare x common may take longer to produce the rare side but I you already have the rare side of the pairing. Then it is worth breed the mate for it.

I have taken offers for 20-30 hatchlings off my wishlist and I have gotten offers of CB Metals and 2nd gen metals. It depends on what each person really needs.

What do you think of this trade I'm trying to make...cb all: magma /thunder/blusang/ice.

For a cb gold.

What do you think of this trade I'm trying to make...cb all: magma /thunder/blusang/ice.

For a cb gold.

Right now the cb gold people are aiming for shimmers so I'd say it will be tough

I need a CB blusang to fulfill a breeding request. I have a CB stripe right now, is that sufficient, or will I need something else?

Right now the cb gold people are aiming for shimmers so I'd say it will be tough

I managed to get a CB Silver for 15 CB Black hatchlings, but that seems to be a bit unusual.

How many common/uncommon hatchlings would be worth a CB Stripe egg?

That depends on the offerer, more uncommon cbs like blusang and gw would have a higher chance

How many common/uncommon hatchlings would be worth a CB Stripe egg?

I'd usually ask for 3-5 (depending on what you define as "uncommon"). I've had offers of up to 10, but they're much rarer.

That depends on the offerer, more uncommon cbs like blusang and gw would have a higher chance
A CB Blusang is quite a bit Rarer (and I think worth quite a bit more) than a CB Stripe. You've also got a good chance of trading a GW 1:1 for a Stripe without hatching it. Edited by rayden54

How many CB Blusang might I get for a low-gen Metallic (gen 2-4 clean stairsteps).

Edit to add:

I would be willing to take IOU's (thank you for reminding me, Wookieinmashoo!)

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

What could I get for a cb black, ice, and gold wyvern together?

@Mistress of Whispers: since you're asking for CBs of an uncommon dragon and all one type, probably not many since people would not have that many CBs of that dragon on hand. If you accept an IOU I would be willing to offer about 5 or so personally.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

How many CB Blusang might I get for a low-gen Metallic (gen 2-4 clean stairsteps).

Edit to add:

I would be willing to take IOU's (thank you for reminding me, Wookieinmashoo!)

For a 2nd Gen, I'd say 1-2 max. For anything higher than that, I'd say none.

For a 2nd Gen, I'd say 1-2 max. For anything higher than that, I'd say none.

Really? I thought they were pretty common?

Really? I thought they were pretty common?

Blusangs? No they're one of the rarest non-metals.

What could I get for a cb black, ice, and gold wyvern together?

I would say nothing.

Let's explain: if you look at the trading thread you'll find a lot of people trying to trade cb blacks, stripes, trios, GW, winters... together for a cb or 2nd gen metallic

And a lot of people with cb or 2nd gen metallics plus cb blacks, stripes, trios, GW, winters trying to trade them together for a shimmerscale

That's why I think you would probably have more luck trading your dragons separately. Maybe looking for another cb trio (1:1 for the ice and the GW) or medium gen (3-4th gen) metallic

Blusangs are pretty rare and wanted lately, so I would say no more then 2

But you may get more if you accept IOUs on a longer time basis, till when they will be a bit more common

Edit: I just saw someone offering a cb blusang egg, a cb blusang hatchie and a cb magma for a cb silver

Edited by Iside