Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

If I have a CB lunar Herald or cb Nebula, would it be fair to ask a CB red for that?

If I have a CB lunar Herald or cb Nebula, would it be fair to ask a CB red for that?

Seems fair to me. They're all uncommons.

I'm under the impression that CB Spessartines and Almandines are now significantly less rare than Silvers, even less rare than Green and Red Coppers. Is this inaccurate?

When did CB Silvers become chopped liver? huh.gif I've had three(!) up for trade for days and I'm not even getting silly offers on them. :s

When did CB Silvers become chopped liver? huh.gif I've had three(!) up for trade for days and I'm not even getting silly offers on them. :s

They didn't. But... not everybody has a 2G Prize available smile.gif

I'm under the impression that CB Spessartines and Almandines are now significantly less rare than Silvers, even less rare than Green and Red Coppers. Is this inaccurate?

I would agree. My theory is that almandines and spessartines are dropping the same as pyropes now. Judging from the number of them on the trade threads.

The biggest difference being that, while everybody and their mama has Pyropes in their scrolls, few have Almandines and Spessartines. In consequence, it will take quite a bit of time, months if not years, before there's a balance. Just my guess.

The biggest difference being that, while everybody and their mama has Pyropes in their scrolls, few have Almandines and Spessartines. In consequence, it will take quite a bit of time, months if not years, before there's a balance. Just my guess.

Yeah. It's fascinating how people thought that Almandines were more rare than Golds before TJ informed everyone that all 3 pyralspite varieties are created at equal rates and that in terms of mechanics, Almandines were indeed less rare than Golds. Now they're still treated as rare, but I've noticed their value in trades go down a bit.

Yeah. It's fascinating how people thought that Almandines were more rare than Golds before TJ informed everyone that all 3 pyralspite varieties are created at equal rates and that in terms of mechanics, Almandines were indeed less rare than Golds. Now they're still treated as rare, but I've noticed their value in trades go down a bit.

I do not want to rain on anybody's parade but, until TJ made that announcement, I, personally , was seeing, even catching, quite more Golds than Almandines in the Alpine. And this is all I'll say on that subject.

I do not want to rain on anybody's parade but, until TJ made that announcement, I, personally , was seeing, even catching, quite more Golds than Almandines in the Alpine. And this is all I'll say on that subject.

Yeah, I wonder if there wasn't a behind-the-scenes "Whoops, forgot to carry a 1!" moment with them.

Re Silvers: Just as well I like 'em, then! rolleyes.gif

i have been trying to trade CB Silvers for 2nd gen Golds but nothing happening, in fact i rarely see 2nd gens up for trade these days unsure.gif

i have been trying to trade CB Silvers for 2nd gen Golds but nothing happening, in fact i rarely see 2nd gens up for trade these days unsure.gif

Weird, I used to try and trade my 2nd gen golds and never get any offers?

Might help to be more specific about any pairings you're looking for. Especially for people who only have one or two CB Golds, they won't want to risk breeding the "wrong" thing and "wasting" a precious breeding attempt if it wasn't what you were after.

Might help to be more specific about any pairings you're looking for. Especially for people who only have one or two CB Golds, they won't want to risk breeding the "wrong" thing and "wasting" a precious breeding attempt if it wasn't what you were after.

Usually i put see profile for ones i need smile.gif but even breeding my own they are not very productive most i get is 2 a week sad.gif

Well that yes. 2nd gen golds from holidays I can do (only have 2 cbs). Holiday mates, also from metals, is how I got my latest cb silvers.

Usually i put see profile for ones i need smile.gif but even breeding my own they are not very productive most i get is 2 a week sad.gif

Well, then imagine trying to breed 2nd gen golds from two measly CBs... wink.gif

Well, then imagine trying to breed 2nd gen golds from two measly CBs... wink.gif

2 a week woul be nice haha!

Are 2nd gen avatars worth anything? Specifically a destruction from a CB magma. Mostly curious if thIs would be worth tossing in some trading threads at all.

Are 2nd gen avatars worth anything? Specifically a destruction from a CB magma. Mostly curious if thIs would be worth tossing in some trading threads at all.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for? You could obviously do a swap, but I wouldn't expect to get a rare CB out of it or anything.

All depends on what you're looking for.

In my opinion, a CB gold is worth:

* 1:1 CB ND (maybe 1:2 if you're lucky - lately ND luck seems significantly worse than usual so I wouldn't expect more than 1:1)

* 2:1 2g prize (1:1 if you're lucky - nose around a bit and see what you can find, what people want for their 2gs varies wildly. I've paid anywhere from 1-5 CB NDs for a 2g.)

* 1:??? Almandine (I really want to say 1:2 or 1:3 but I don't feel like the trade market has caught up yet. Again, shop around.)

* 1:??? Spessartine (I want to say 1:3 or even 1:4 as a long shot, but see above.)

* 1:6 - 1:10 CB Xenos (I would argue 1:6, but which Xenos you want probably factors in)

* 1:25 - 1:35 CB commons (assuming 1:1 CB ND, which is where I get my hatchie numbers from)

That seems a bit accurate, though i feel the almandine isnt quite worth 1:2 or 1:1, i feel its kinda in between

I also feel that ive been seeing more NDs on the market than usual

I also feel that ive been seeing more NDs on the market than usual

More people learning and experimenting: that's great!

* 1:1 CB ND (maybe 1:2 if you're lucky - lately ND luck seems significantly worse than usual so I wouldn't expect more than 1:1)

* 2:1 2g prize (1:1 if you're lucky - nose around a bit and see what you can find, what people want for their 2gs varies wildly. I've paid anywhere from 1-5 CB NDs for a 2g.)

* 1:??? Almandine (I really want to say 1:2 or 1:3 but I don't feel like the trade market has caught up yet. Again, shop around.)

* 1:??? Spessartine (I want to say 1:3 or even 1:4 as a long shot, but see above.)

* 1:6 - 1:10 CB Xenos (I would argue 1:6, but which Xenos you want probably factors in)

* 1:25 - 1:35 CB commons (assuming 1:1 CB ND, which is where I get my hatchie numbers from)

Mostly in agreement but, based on what I've been seeing lately in the Trading section, I would not trade a CB for less than:

- 3 CB Silvers

- 3 or 4 CB Almandines

- 4+ CB Spessartines

All depends on what you're looking for.

Hatched or eggs? I keep up with rare-to-rare values pretty well, but I rarely ever do rare trades for commons. I'm about to do one now and need to know about what I should expect to be able to get for common hatchlings.

Hatched or eggs? I keep up with rare-to-rare values pretty well, but I rarely ever do rare trades for commons. I'm about to do one now and need to know about what I should expect to be able to get for common hatchlings.

Hatchies. I assume that's AGYK's point of view as well, considering his comment.

I haven't seen any lunar heralds in the cave for a while. Are they becoming more rare? What would be a decent trade for a CB egg?

Hatchies. I wouldn't trade a rare for any number of common eggs, as imo the entire point of trading for hatchies is keeping your eggslots open.

My number there is based off a recent trade I did - 1 CB ND for 30-35 CB common hatchies. I gave the other person a list of half-a-dozen common breeds I was looking for and let them choose how they wanted to break down the IOU. The more precise your needs the less I would think you could get (unless you're trading for ultracommons); conversely, the less precise your needs and the less demanding your timeframe, the more you can probably get.