Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Around how many Magi, Bleeding Moon, and Olive hatchies are worth a CB Blusang? These were the dragons specifically mentioned, and I don't want to offer too little.

I was wondering,

what is the rarity ratio between a CB Spessartine & CB Almandine?

Technically, it should be 1:1,

but Almandines are usually viewed with greater rarity,

would it be a 1.5 : 1 (Almandine : Spessartine) ?

Thanks for the response, shopfront!

Edited by RottenFish

Around how many Magi, Bleeding Moon, and Olive hatchies are worth a CB Blusang? These were the dragons specifically mentioned, and I don't want to offer too little.

Depends a lot on the trader. If they are taking pms on the offer your best bet is to communicate with them and offer what you feel comfortable with, keeping in mind the possibility of adding more if they feel your offer is too low.

I usually will offer four whatevers on the link if their is one and them message them to let them know I'm prepared to add more. Some players are happy with four eggs/hatchies asap, and others prefer to go with an IOU for a larger amount.

For a cb blusang I'd probably offer a m/f pair of hatchies of each type if you really want the blusang.

I was wondering,

what is the rarity ratio between a CB Spessartine & CB Almandine?

Technically, it should be 1:1,

but Almandines are usually viewed with greater rarity,

would it be a 1.5 : 1 (Almandine : Spessartine) ?

1:1, certainly with a little patience and luck on the Spessartine side. My very unscientific eyeball has noticed more Almandines trade for Spessartines in the last day or two than when they first increased in drops, and I just traded a Spess 1:1 for an Almandine myself (and it was a high time Spess egg for an about to mature hatchie too, and traded pretty quickly. I was honestly expecting it to take longer than that.)

Given some managed to fill up on Spessartines in the Lunar Herald release (but not Almandines) and the previous rarity disparity, I wouldn't be surprised if people keep trying to hold for a lucky higher value trade or are keeping more Almandines for themselves still. So if you are wanting Almandines and are impatient you might speed things up by offering an extra sweetner to your trade. But at this stage I would guess that perceived difference will continue to ease off.

If I have a CB lunar Herald or cb Nebula, would it be fair to ask a CB red for that?

If I have a CB lunar Herald or cb Nebula, would it be fair to ask a CB red for that?

Seems fair to me. They're all uncommons.

I'm under the impression that CB Spessartines and Almandines are now significantly less rare than Silvers, even less rare than Green and Red Coppers. Is this inaccurate?

When did CB Silvers become chopped liver? huh.gif I've had three(!) up for trade for days and I'm not even getting silly offers on them. :s

When did CB Silvers become chopped liver? huh.gif I've had three(!) up for trade for days and I'm not even getting silly offers on them. :s

They didn't. But... not everybody has a 2G Prize available smile.gif

I'm under the impression that CB Spessartines and Almandines are now significantly less rare than Silvers, even less rare than Green and Red Coppers. Is this inaccurate?

I would agree. My theory is that almandines and spessartines are dropping the same as pyropes now. Judging from the number of them on the trade threads.

The biggest difference being that, while everybody and their mama has Pyropes in their scrolls, few have Almandines and Spessartines. In consequence, it will take quite a bit of time, months if not years, before there's a balance. Just my guess.

The biggest difference being that, while everybody and their mama has Pyropes in their scrolls, few have Almandines and Spessartines. In consequence, it will take quite a bit of time, months if not years, before there's a balance. Just my guess.

Yeah. It's fascinating how people thought that Almandines were more rare than Golds before TJ informed everyone that all 3 pyralspite varieties are created at equal rates and that in terms of mechanics, Almandines were indeed less rare than Golds. Now they're still treated as rare, but I've noticed their value in trades go down a bit.

Yeah. It's fascinating how people thought that Almandines were more rare than Golds before TJ informed everyone that all 3 pyralspite varieties are created at equal rates and that in terms of mechanics, Almandines were indeed less rare than Golds. Now they're still treated as rare, but I've noticed their value in trades go down a bit.

I do not want to rain on anybody's parade but, until TJ made that announcement, I, personally , was seeing, even catching, quite more Golds than Almandines in the Alpine. And this is all I'll say on that subject.

I do not want to rain on anybody's parade but, until TJ made that announcement, I, personally , was seeing, even catching, quite more Golds than Almandines in the Alpine. And this is all I'll say on that subject.

Yeah, I wonder if there wasn't a behind-the-scenes "Whoops, forgot to carry a 1!" moment with them.

Re Silvers: Just as well I like 'em, then! rolleyes.gif

i have been trying to trade CB Silvers for 2nd gen Golds but nothing happening, in fact i rarely see 2nd gens up for trade these days unsure.gif

i have been trying to trade CB Silvers for 2nd gen Golds but nothing happening, in fact i rarely see 2nd gens up for trade these days unsure.gif

Weird, I used to try and trade my 2nd gen golds and never get any offers?

Might help to be more specific about any pairings you're looking for. Especially for people who only have one or two CB Golds, they won't want to risk breeding the "wrong" thing and "wasting" a precious breeding attempt if it wasn't what you were after.

Might help to be more specific about any pairings you're looking for. Especially for people who only have one or two CB Golds, they won't want to risk breeding the "wrong" thing and "wasting" a precious breeding attempt if it wasn't what you were after.

Usually i put see profile for ones i need smile.gif but even breeding my own they are not very productive most i get is 2 a week sad.gif

Well that yes. 2nd gen golds from holidays I can do (only have 2 cbs). Holiday mates, also from metals, is how I got my latest cb silvers.

Usually i put see profile for ones i need smile.gif but even breeding my own they are not very productive most i get is 2 a week sad.gif

Well, then imagine trying to breed 2nd gen golds from two measly CBs... wink.gif

Well, then imagine trying to breed 2nd gen golds from two measly CBs... wink.gif

2 a week woul be nice haha!

Are 2nd gen avatars worth anything? Specifically a destruction from a CB magma. Mostly curious if thIs would be worth tossing in some trading threads at all.

Are 2nd gen avatars worth anything? Specifically a destruction from a CB magma. Mostly curious if thIs would be worth tossing in some trading threads at all.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for? You could obviously do a swap, but I wouldn't expect to get a rare CB out of it or anything.

All depends on what you're looking for.

In my opinion, a CB gold is worth:

* 1:1 CB ND (maybe 1:2 if you're lucky - lately ND luck seems significantly worse than usual so I wouldn't expect more than 1:1)

* 2:1 2g prize (1:1 if you're lucky - nose around a bit and see what you can find, what people want for their 2gs varies wildly. I've paid anywhere from 1-5 CB NDs for a 2g.)

* 1:??? Almandine (I really want to say 1:2 or 1:3 but I don't feel like the trade market has caught up yet. Again, shop around.)

* 1:??? Spessartine (I want to say 1:3 or even 1:4 as a long shot, but see above.)

* 1:6 - 1:10 CB Xenos (I would argue 1:6, but which Xenos you want probably factors in)

* 1:25 - 1:35 CB commons (assuming 1:1 CB ND, which is where I get my hatchie numbers from)

That seems a bit accurate, though i feel the almandine isnt quite worth 1:2 or 1:1, i feel its kinda in between

I also feel that ive been seeing more NDs on the market than usual

I also feel that ive been seeing more NDs on the market than usual

More people learning and experimenting: that's great!

In my opinion, a CB gold is worth:

* 1:1 CB ND (maybe 1:2 if you're lucky - lately ND luck seems significantly worse than usual so I wouldn't expect more than 1:1)

* 2:1 2g prize (1:1 if you're lucky - nose around a bit and see what you can find, what people want for their 2gs varies wildly. I've paid anywhere from 1-5 CB NDs for a 2g.)

* 1:??? Almandine (I really want to say 1:2 or 1:3 but I don't feel like the trade market has caught up yet. Again, shop around.)

* 1:??? Spessartine (I want to say 1:3 or even 1:4 as a long shot, but see above.)

* 1:6 - 1:10 CB Xenos (I would argue 1:6, but which Xenos you want probably factors in)

* 1:25 - 1:35 CB commons (assuming 1:1 CB ND, which is where I get my hatchie numbers from)

Mostly in agreement but, based on what I've been seeing lately in the Trading section, I would not trade a CB for less than:

- 3 CB Silvers

- 3 or 4 CB Almandines

- 4+ CB Spessartines