Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Is the first line in my sig a fair trade, or should I ask for less?

I wouldn't engage in suchna trade for a 3G. But I have enough 3G stairs myself, so Idk. I'm not even sure if I'll do it for a checker, tbh. Unless it was one I've been desperately looking for or somethig :S

It's my opinion, but it's because hatching things ocupies a lot of scroll space :S

What do you guys think?

OTOH if I were looking for 3g prizes and didn't have many I would probably do it. Those are fairly easy to find in the AP and with incubate they don't take too long to hatch, as long as you're looking for any mix of those.

I would do it, personally. I think it's a great deal...

Seems pretty reasonable for people who don't have their fill of 3G's yet.

CB Almandine for 4 Hatchlings that are close to maturing a good deal? Close to maturing as in <4 Days and 12 Hours, give or take an hour.

I'm the one with the CB Almandine wanting the Hatchlings.

Irrelevant info: My goal is 10,000 Total Dragons so I'm trying to get as many as possible right now.

I think its reasonable, id do it if i was interested in the lineage.

is it worth trading my "Golden Wyvern" for a dino?

CB Almandine for 4 Hatchlings that are close to maturing a good deal? Close to maturing as in <4 Days and 12 Hours, give or take an hour.

I'm the one with the CB Almandine wanting the Hatchlings.

Irrelevant info: My goal is 10,000 Total Dragons so I'm trying to get as many as possible right now.

I would think that's a good deal for the person with the hatchies, as long as you're not picky about commons. Sounds like you're not even worried about lineages though, so that's definitely more than fair.

is it worth trading my "Golden Wyvern" for a dino?

Probably doable, I think gold wyverns and dinos both are uncommons.

Firstly I think you are asking a great question. Some people would not even consider this.

I have not been playing for long but I trade a lot. To me the number does seem a little high, but things to consider in my opinion are the rarity of your own line, how many offspring have you produced and the number of other lines from the original prize.

I would also consider whether the rarity of the dragons requestedand the number of different types and the timeframe if there is one.

Hope that helps

I would think that's a good deal for the person with the hatchies, as long as you're not picky about commons. Sounds like you're not even worried about lineages though, so that's definitely more than fair.

[snip]

Thanks! I was worried that I was asking for a lot. smile.gif

I do not care about anything as long as they're Low-Time. They could be the ugliest dragon with the ugliest lineage and I still wouldn't care. tongue.gif

are all Dinos about the same rarity? I caught a yellow dino today in the cave but I'd like to trade it for a purple one, as that is the only type of Dino I do not currently have. Would that be a fair deal?

are all Dinos about the same rarity? I caught a yellow dino today in the cave but I'd like to trade it for a purple one, as that is the only type of Dino I do not currently have. Would that be a fair deal?

Sometimes people can't seem to find a particular one, so their opinion might differ from mine but I personally think they're all about the same rarity. Therefore, yes, I think that is a fair deal. smile.gif

Someone was offering CB Almandines and asking for one (1) Copper or Trio hatchling. That's where I would expect Almandines to be at this point in time. Not too different from the Pyropes since TJ (cough, cough) stated they drop on the same way. But I expected that the market was going to take some time to get there. Thoughts?

Edited by SullenCat

I'd say a CB Almandine is approximately equal to a CB Copper now. Trios are still less valuable, imo.

I'd say a CB Almandine is approximately equal to a CB Copper now. Trios are still less valuable, imo.

Someone should inform the traders offering CB Almandines and asking for Neglecteds/Golds/2G Prizes.

Anyway, I was reading someone offering a ND and asking for a 2G Prize or at least 3 CB Golds. I thought that one CB Gold was equivalent to 1 or 2 NDs. I thought also that a 2G Prize was worth a couple of CB golds. What am I getting wrong?

Edited by NotBambi

In my opinion, a CB gold is worth:

* 1:1 CB ND (maybe 1:2 if you're lucky - lately ND luck seems significantly worse than usual so I wouldn't expect more than 1:1)

* 2:1 2g prize (1:1 if you're lucky - nose around a bit and see what you can find, what people want for their 2gs varies wildly. I've paid anywhere from 1-5 CB NDs for a 2g.)

@NotBambi: Quoting this because I think what is stated here is still reasonable. I don't think you're getting anything wrong. That seems to just be what that particular person would prefer. 3 CB Golds seems like a lot to have on hand to me.

@NotBambi: Quoting this because I think what is stated here is still reasonable. I don't think you're getting anything wrong. That seems to just be what that particular person would prefer. 3 CB Golds seems like a lot to have on hand to me.

Thank you. I was wondering what happened when I was not looking tongue.gif

To add something to the above discussion, I recently traded one ND for a 2g Prize from a random pairing and another ND for a 2g Prize from mate of my choice, so while I'd say the normal rarity level is slightly ND < Gold < Prize mileage can vary. Three Golds IS a lot though--the person might've only mentioned it because they were really hoping to go for a Prize, but were willing to trade with anyone crazy or desperate enough to offer multiple golds xd.png

My question: have coppers become rarer lately? Admittedly I've only been looking for trades for a couple days, but I don't see as many in the trade threads as I used to remember seeing, and now that I think about it some of my prize X copper lines have been giving more prizes than coppers lately.

To add something to the above discussion, I recently traded one ND for a 2g Prize from a random pairing and another ND for a 2g Prize from mate of my choice, so while I'd say the normal rarity level is slightly ND < Gold < Prize mileage can vary. Three Golds IS a lot though--the person might've only mentioned it because they were really hoping to go for a Prize, but were willing to trade with anyone crazy or desperate enough to offer multiple golds xd.png

My question: have coppers become rarer lately? Admittedly I've only been looking for trades for a couple days, but I don't see as many in the trade threads as I used to remember seeing, and now that I think about it some of my prize X copper lines have been giving more prizes than coppers lately.

Somehow people tend to think that what they have is quite more valuable than what they are looking for. Just human nature.

On the Coppers situation, I was wondering the same. I'm trying to catch a set, 2 of each, for a friend. I sat for almost three hours in the Coast. No Copper. Went to the Jungle for another hour. Nothing. Usually I see rares even if I do not catch them, not this time.

On Sunday, I bred a CB Green Copper with a CB Gold, got a 2G Gold. Dropped it on the Community Notice Board. Bred another CB Green Copper with a CB Gold, got another 2G Gold. Dropped it on the Community Notice Board as well so this is documented.

Anyway, I was reading someone offering a ND and asking for a 2G Prize or at least 3 CB Golds. I thought that one CB Gold was equivalent to 1 or 2 NDs. I thought also that a 2G Prize was worth a couple of CB golds. What am I getting wrong?

You're perfectly correct. NDs have gone 1:1 with CB Golds as far back as I can remember. There may be slight variations from one trade to another, or in times of extreme metal scarcity, but barring some obscene number of metals dropping at once I don't think 1 ND would ever trade for 3 Golds.

2g prizes are a hairier matter. I've traded anywhere from 1-5 CB NDs for one. It depends on the CB (some have fewer 2g prize descendants and are treated as rarer), it depends on the pairing (expect to pay more if you want an ultracommon mate, because breeding that 2g is going to be a nightmare of fails), and it depends heavily on the breeder.

Prize values have fluctuated wildly depending on other cave events as well - right after a raffle they would be fairly cheap, but would increase in price fairly sharply as lists filled up. Then lists would empty, a CB would get "old" and breed enough 2gs to be less valuable, and prices would go down again.

Prize values have fluctuated wildly depending on other cave events as well - right after a raffle they would be fairly cheap, but would increase in price fairly sharply as lists filled up. Then lists would empty, a CB would get "old" and breed enough 2gs to be less valuable, and prices would go down again.

I wonder about the impact of no raffles. Initially I thought that everybody would go insane trying to get 2G and 3G Prizes but I was mistaken. 3G Prizes are still at Copper or less level - ADP's post and my experience made me think that 3G aren't worth Coppers.

There is no consensus on 2G. I think I saw the same person offering one ND to get one 2G Prize and offering one 2G Prize to get multiple NDs smile.gif

Before i even attempt to breed any are 4th gen prize worth anything? not really looking for anything special maybe a CB hatch or 2 or BSA hatch/hatchies helping some friends biggrin.gif

Before i even attempt to breed any are 4th gen prize worth anything?  not  really looking for anything special maybe a CB hatch or 2 or BSA hatch/hatchies  helping some friends biggrin.gif

I usually trade my 4G prizes for 1-2 CB uncommons - like nebulae and blacks. Or for 2G holiday kins and metal kins.

I think, a BSA hatchie or two is also a reasonable thing to ask.

Before i even attempt to breed any are 4th gen prize worth anything?  not  really looking for anything special maybe a CB hatch or 2 or BSA hatch/hatchies  helping some friends biggrin.gif

I'm not sure why Everyone keeps saying they (4th gens) arent worth anything.

I still get decent offers for mine.

CB Coppers, xeno's , 2nd gen metals, CB almandines/spessartines, 2 times in the past 2 months a CB Silver even.

The only things that dont trade for me are the 3rd gen prizes

Edited by djengis