Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Also, while I'm here, what are CB Spessartines going for? I need a ton of them for an upcoming lineage project. ;-;

I've seen a lot of trade posts lately asking for a CB common hatchling or 2 in exchange for one CB Spessartine. I've also seen a post of someone offering a CB Brown Copper 1:1 for a CB Spessartine and someone else offering a CB Chrono 1:1 for a CB Spessartine.

^I agree with NotBambi

Edited by Eos

hello everyone

i was wondering about this egg 4G Shimmer from deceased CB Shimmer is this lineage not liked also what could it worth now ?

Thanks happy.gif

The deceased Shimmer was not actually a CB Shimmer. It appears to have been a 2nd gen. You can still see the parents if you click on the tombstone and then on the lineage link.

4th gen Prizes in general are not worth a lot in trading and I suspect that yours is worth less because it is a dead line.

The deceased Shimmer was not actually a CB Shimmer. It appears to have been a 2nd gen. You can still see the parents if you click on the tombstone and then on the lineage link.

4th gen Prizes in general are not worth a lot in trading and I suspect that yours is worth less because it is a dead line.

Oh O.o ! i didnt see that .. so basically it is a 5G not 4G and i guess yes it is worthless

thanks a lot for the hints

I have 1 CB silver lunar herald and 1 CB spessartine and I want to trade them but I dont know how much they value these days. Thoughts? I would like to get a CB blusang.

Also just for curiosity, the spessartine is more valuable than a volcano pyrope, right?

Edited by danicast

I have 1 CB silver lunar herald and 1 CB spessartine and I want to trade them but I dont know how much they value these days. Thoughts? I would like to get a CB blusang.

Also just for curiosity, the spessartine is more valuable than a volcano pyrope, right?

Just my two cents... Lunars drop quite more often than Blusangs but, there's quite a bit of demand for them, probably because a specific color is not always available. Spessartines are quit less rare than they used to be but, since they started to be readily available not long ago, they are still as valuable as Blusangs. Long story short: you could possibly get one Blusang for each but, most definitely, one Blusang for the combo.

According to this post Spessartines and Pyropes are generated equally. I don't doubt that is a fact nowadays but, still my opinion, Pyropes used to drop quite more frequently so everybody and their sister got those and that did not happen to Spessartines. Long story short: I think that Spessartines are still more valuable than Pyropes, not sure for how long.

Looking for a quick answer (trade it's offered on grows up in a few hours) if anyone is online and knows - is a 2g lineage from the honorary Midas Dorkface II worth anything? Or rather, would its offspring be worth anything? It's not one I've come across before, though I tried googling and found some of the history of the cb in relation to the actual Dorkface.

I quite like the idea of breeding it into my perfect checker Dorkface lineage, but I'm not sure how it compares to the 2g Hollykin it's offered on. Which I also like the idea of building lineages with... unsure.gif

On that topic, how much *is* a 2g Hollykin worth (if I kept this one and wanted to seek out a mate for it without actually aspiring to the impossible 2g Holly perfect checker mate...)? White from F Holly if that makes a difference.

Tldr; I have a 2g White Hollykin hatchie and have been offered a 2g Midas Dorkface II and want to know if anyone collects the honorary Dorkface lineages? If I keep the Hollykin how much to get a similar Hollykin as a mate?

Edited by shopfront

Looking for a quick answer (trade it's offered on grows up in a few hours) if anyone is online and knows - is a 2g lineage from the honorary Midas Dorkface II worth anything? Or rather, would its offspring be worth anything? It's not one I've come across before, though I tried googling and found some of the history of the cb in relation to the actual Dorkface.

I quite like the idea of breeding it into my perfect checker Dorkface lineage, but I'm not sure how it compares to the 2g Hollykin it's offered on. Which I also like the idea of building lineages with...  unsure.gif

On that topic, how much *is* a 2g Hollykin worth (if I kept this one and wanted to seek out a mate for it without actually aspiring to the impossible 2g Holly perfect checker mate...)? White from F Holly if that makes a difference.

Tldr; I have a 2g White Hollykin hatchie and have been offered a 2g Midas Dorkface II and want to know if anyone collects the honorary Dorkface lineages? If I keep the Hollykin how much to get a similar Hollykin as a mate?

Personally, I would put a bit more value on the White. CB Hollies are still ultrarare and that makes 2g descendants quite rare as well. Unless you have an easy way to replace that Holly 2g, I just don't think an honorary Dorkface descendant can compare. Now if you can easily replace your Holly 2g, or if you were talking about a 2g Dorkface from the Midas Dorkface, that would be quite a different story...

Personally, I would put a bit more value on the White. CB Hollies are still ultrarare and that makes 2g descendants quite rare as well. Unless you have an easy way to replace that Holly 2g, I just don't think an honorary Dorkface descendant can compare. Now if you can easily replace your Holly 2g, or if you were talking about a 2g Dorkface from the Midas Dorkface, that would be quite a different story...

Awesome to know, thank you for the quick response! I have a few more hours to mull it over before making a decision, but that's very helpful.

Edited by shopfront

Hi there,

can someone tell me what CB Rainbow Coppers are currently worth?

Any chance I can get a 3rd-4th gen Prize?

Edited by Gluria

My question is similar to Gluria's. What is a 3G prize worth anyway? I've had a lot of trouble trading for one, and I hear that they're not that rare too?

Edited by andromedae

Hi there,

You should be able to get a 3rd gen Prize, just keep offering and be patient. 4th Gen Prizes are not worth a CB Copper.

The issue with 3G is that, in general, the breeders "paid" a lot to get the 2G they own and they try to get their "investment" back smile.gif

ETA: Check your PMs. And, no, I do not want anything.

Edited by NotBambi

Thanks for the answer NotBambi. I see what you mean with 3G breeders, lol. If that's the case, I think it's more convenient for me to work harder to get a 2G instead smile.gif

My question is similar to Gluria's. What is a 3G prize worth anyway? I've had a lot of trouble trading for one, and I hear that they're not that rare too?

It depends on breeder to breeder. If you see someone asking an arm and leg, probably worth trying another trade. I have several 3G prizes and I didn't trade with cb copper or any cb rare for any of them. smile.gif A lot of breeders are pretty kind and usually just look for what they need for scroll goals rather than what is the ROI.

And as NotBambi said, lately 4G prizes trade very poorly so I personally do not see the point of paying a lot for 3G. They are just for my collection.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

It depends on breeder to breeder. If you see someone asking an arm and leg, probably worth trying another trade. I have several 3G prizes and I didn't trade with cb copper or any cb rare for any of them. smile.gif A lot of breeders are pretty kind and usually just look for what they need for scroll goals rather than what is the ROI.

And as NotBambi said, lately 4G prizes trade very poorly so I personally do not see the point of paying a lot for 3G. They are just for my collection.

Thanks for the tip! Lately I had been offering around 2 CB rares for 3G prizes, without very good results. I understand there are breeders who don't ask for much, but they seem a little harder to find these days! The logic behind my working harder for a 2G is that my effort will be worthwhile. But alas, next time I gather my rares for trading I hope to find someone who will be interested~

Thanks for the answer NotBambi. I see what you mean with 3G breeders, lol. If that's the case, I think it's more convenient for me to work harder to get a 2G instead smile.gif

Unfortunately, I can't help with you with the 3rd Gen right now I just bred my 2G and 3G but only the 3G cooperated. Remind me and I'll try again. In the meantime, I'm on my way to drop this on the Departure threads.

ETA: I was wrong, one 2G decided to cooperate. Check your PMs.

Edited by NotBambi

Unfortunately, I can't help with you with the 3rd Gen right now I just bred my 2G and 3G but only the 3G cooperated. Remind me and I'll try again. In the meantime, I'm on my way to drop this on the Departure threads.

ETA: I was wrong, one 2G decided to cooperate. Check your PMs.

You totally didn't have to ohmy.gif You're very kind, thank you smile.gif

You totally didn't have to ohmy.gif You're very kind, thank you smile.gif

I know, that what makes it fun smile.gif You're very welcome smile.gif

Hi there,

I traded a red copper for a 3g Prize just yesterday, someone offered me my pick of their prize lineages, so it should be possible. Good luck!

Trying to trade 2G PB Alt Undines is confusing me! laugh.gif

Last week I had 1 up, and was offered a CB Silver. Which I know has got to be a right place/right time not the norm situation.

But previously I've been offered multiples from my profile wishlist in exchange for 1 Alt Undine. Yet this weekend, when I have a pair (M & F) 2G PB Alt Undines up, I'm getting a lot of stuff offered I'm not asking for, really long lineaged Shims and Tins (5g +), messy Reds that are like 6g +, and other assorted weirdness.

Setting aside people are mostly ignoring my trade post "wants", and sending random stuff, what is realistic to ask for 1? For a pair?

I know it all comes down to what others see as its value to them, but I'm lost due to how it changes week to week when I put up trades. I'm now not sure if turning down 1 or 2 CB Almandine or Spesseatine was wise.

Thanks!

ETA- Got a cb Silver for this pair as well. So, now I'm really confused as to actual value. laugh.gif

Edited by jocosa

Last week I had 1 up, and was offered a CB Silver. Which I know has got to be a right place/right time not the norm situation.

But previously I've been offered multiples from my profile wishlist in exchange for 1 Alt Undine. Yet this weekend, when I have a pair (M & F) 2G PB Alt Undines up, I'm getting a lot of stuff offered I'm not asking for, really long lineaged Shims and Tins (5g +), messy Reds that are like 6g +, and other assorted weirdness.

Setting aside people are mostly ignoring my trade post "wants", and sending random stuff, what is realistic to ask for 1? For a pair?

I know it all comes down to what others see as its value to them, but I'm lost due to how it changes week to week when I put up trades. I'm now not sure if turning down 1 or 2 CB Almandine or Spesseatine was wise.

Thanks!

I looked at your trade post and I think you've given people more than enough options to pick from. Some of your "wants" might be more difficult to obtain than others (Ex: 2g Thuwed), but the important thing is that there are options. The offers you're getting are just desperation trades. I think it's just a matter of timing.

Thanks!

Yes, one CB Silver for 2G PB Alt Undines is an exception, hard to come by exception.

For what concerns what people offer... I wouldn't worry too much about, some people do not take in consideration what the the trader is looking for and just offer whatever they have available at the time.

I looked at your posts. Respectfully, what you posted on June 12th is.... wishful thinking. Instead, what you were asking for on June 11th was quite reasonable and quite closer to the value of your pair of Alt Undines.

Thanks!

I had a 2nd gen (non-pb) alt undine up for trade recently, and got almost no offers (though I think I only posted the trade once). I asked for a cb copper, cb xeno or 3 birthday release hatchies, which I thought were reasonable options. I got one offer of a celestial egg. I agree with Eos, people offering random stuff anyway are probably just desperate. Since almadines and spessartines have become more common, I wouldn't trade a pair of alt undines for 1 or 2 of them, unless you really need them.

Btw, there are no 2nd gen thuweds around at the moment - TJ has closed the breeding lists some time last year, and it hasn't reopened since. So all 2nd gen thuweds are already grown up, and there are no new ones produced at the moment.

Yes, one CB Silver for 2G PB Alt Undines is an exception, hard to come by exception.

For what concerns what people offer... I wouldn't worry too much about, some people do not take in consideration what the the trader is looking for and just offer whatever they have available at the time.

I looked at your posts. Respectfully, what you posted on June 12th is.... wishful thinking. Instead, what you were asking for on June 11th was quite reasonable and quite closer to the value of your pair of Alt Undines.

Fair enough. What did you feel was unreasonable in the post from the 12th? It would be helpful to know. Thanks!