Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Are 3gen Shimmerkins worth anything?

I've had trouble giving away some of mine. sad.gif

So, this could be a tricky question about a trade.

I'm looking for a Dino in the different biomes since I joined. Obviously they are rare, even if I don't know if they are the rarest, but had no luck.

What is the value of a Dino egg for a trade? There is one of them that is less rare than the others?

All Dinos appear only in one biome - in Jungle. They're not appearing often, but they aren't as hard to catch as some other eggs - for example Coppers smile.gif

As for they rarity, Green Dino is easier to catch that all other Dino colors. They value depends on the color, but I think you could get one for any other unbreedable, CB Trio, CB Blusang or CB Xeno, maybe some BSA hatchies. Sometimes people gift them on the forum. Not every players like unbreedables so there's always a chance for getting them from Departures or in trade for 1-2 random hatchies smile.gif

I started auto-punting mine to the AP when they started sitting in the Departure thread without being taken. It's been a long time since then; YMMV.

I suppose Prizekin checkers are worth something if you find a right person who have a mate for it. Prisekin stairs/spirals are mostly useless.

Edited by reaty

What's the value of a CB Spessartine in comparison with a CB Silver?

Edited by obelisk_light

What's the value of a CB Spessartine in comparison with a CB Silver?

Much lower. CB silvers have the second highest value outside of NDs/prizes/'special' dragons (behind CB golds of course). CB Spessartines are relatively rare, but three things limit their rarity:

1. Pyralspites breed like blockers. 2G silvers actually have some value, and getting even a bred one can be mildly difficult. Pyralspites require almost no effort to get a clean 2G.

2. Pyralspite rarity is a 'bubble', since they are not intended to be rares. It is possible, even likely, that their rarity will eventually drop. Silvers are intended to be incredibly rare, and as such will never get to a point where they could be considered common.

3. Many people do not care for the appearance of Pyralspites. They are not used in many lineages, and they are not as flashy as some dragons such as Golds, Silvers, and Xenowyrms.

I would personally consider trading a CB Silver 1:2 or 1:3 for CB Spessartines. They are definitely not equal though.

For a 2nd gen prize (from my line of course, if rarity of the line matters here), how many cb hatchies would people be willing to offer? Most commons/uncommons, easy enough to get. I'm sure there's the people who would say 200, but let's be reasonable here.

For a 2nd gen prize (from my line of course, if rarity of the line matters here), how many cb hatchies would people be willing to offer? Most commons/uncommons, easy enough to get. I'm sure there's the people who would say 200, but let's be reasonable here.

I'm aware that another prize owner asks for 75 hatchies, not necessarily CBs, for her 2nd Gen prizes. Sounds quite reasonable smile.gif

Different subject: reading the trading threads, it would seem that Almandines and Spessartines are not that rare anymore. What should people ask for them, at this point?

Edited by NotBambi

My personal offer, for reference, would be around 30. I would say between 30 and 60 is a good average value, lower or higher depending on the mate. If someone is desperate and has been unable to find a 2G prize, I am sure they would be perfectly content to offer well over 100, but that is milking it in my opinion. I guess it really just depends on whether you're trading to get rich or to make people happy. (I prefer both wink.gif)

My personal offer, for reference, would be around 30. I would say between 30 and 60 is a good average value, lower or higher depending on the mate. If someone is desperate and has been unable to find a 2G prize, I am sure they would be perfectly content to offer well over 100, but that is milking it in my opinion. I guess it really just depends on whether you're trading to get rich or to make people happy. (I prefer both wink.gif)

I recently set up a trade for 1 ND:30-35 CB hatchies, so I agree that 30 for a 2g prize is reasonably fair. I would say 30-50 is a good range; that should theoretically be equivalent to 1-2 CB NDs. Also, I know of one person who used to trade 2g prizes for CB hatchies, and I believe 50 is what their standard asking price was. (It's been awhile, and my memory's a little fuzzy. Sorry.)

50 - 100 common/uncommon hatchies sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I know I would easily give that many for 2nd.

Ah, thank you everyone. I figured as much but didn't want to seem greedy or like I'm giving them away.

Also, if I were to put up a trade, such as

"Have 2gen tinsel x Ice

Want 50 cb hatchlings- or best offer, pm me"

Or something similar to that, is that okay, since it clearly would need to be an IOU? Or is that not okay since IOUs are permitted in trading posts? If it isn't okay, would "best offer of cb hatchlings" be acceptable, and then just have people PM?

Edit; thanks Eos, that's a good idea actually haha... All of this just for future reference, as it'll be something I'll do sometime.

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Ah, thank you everyone. I figured as much but didn't want to seem greedy or like I'm giving them away.

Also, if I were to put up a trade, such as

"Have 2gen tinsel x Ice

Want 50 cb hatchlings- or best offer, pm me"

Or something similar to that, is that okay, since it clearly would need to be an IOU? Or is that not okay since IOUs are permitted in trading posts? If it isn't okay, would "best offer of cb hatchlings" be acceptable, and then just have people PM?

I don't know if it's allowed or not, but if you're concerned about disclosing the amount you could say something like, "Want: CB hatchlings. Please PM to discuss the amount" maybe? smile.gif

^ Agree. I also see a lot of people ask for x number of hatchies and to 'see red line in signature' (or whatever).

Is one dino worth more than the others?

Dinos are typically worth the same each... though, there are some people who value some types of Dinos, such as the purple Dino, higher for hoarding purposes. :X

@Imogen arm Corvo

I'd say a 3rd or 4th gen Prize? One rare Copper or two of the more common type. A few CB Blusangs. Perhaps a 2nd gen Gold from an uncommon parent. Hatching them may give you a better chance...

dont quote me on this, though.

Curious if anyone has advice how to get this trade signal-boosted enough that someone would be willing to at least IOU me copper egg swaps in the next hour or so?

I mean, I'm okay with them growing up on my scroll, but it would be a waste since I have my share of coppers. If I go to bed, that's the end of the trade, I won't be back up before they've grown. Not really sure how to handle that right now. Feeling a bit guilty about that. x_x

Nevermind. I went through the user list until I found people who wanted CB coppers according to their wishlists, PMed them, and one and a half hours after I started doing that, I even go a response. xd.png

(Don't mind me, that's grumpy sleep deprivation talking. tongue.gif I'm super glad those coppers found a loving home!)

Edited by pinkgothic

Thanks for the replies.

Yet another question: What is a 2G silver worth? Is it still a rare? Or more like...an uncommon? I know for sure they're not the same as a CB.

Thanks for the replies.

Yet another question: What is a 2G silver worth? Is it still a rare? Or more like...an uncommon? I know for sure they're not the same as a CB.

Depends on the mate and a few other factors. I scanned the trading threads and saw people trading 2G Silvers 1:1 for a new release egg or hatchling. I've also seen other people ask for 2-3 bred items from their wishlist for a 2G Silver since those can be difficult to breed. What are you looking for?

ETA: Wording

Edited by Eos

Depends on the mate and a few other factors. I scanned the trading threads and saw people trading 2G Silvers 1:1 for a new release egg or hatchling. I've also seen other people ask for 2-3 bred items from their wishlist for a 2G Silver since those can be difficult to breed. What are you looking for?

ETA: Wording

I was just wondering really tongue.gif Trading values fluctuate, I find it hard to keep up on the trading thread, so I just ask here whenever I'm particularly curious about something, and want a more or less precise answer. I recently caught one Silver from the cave, so if I bred it, I was wondering what the offspring could be worth.

What is a CB Golden Wyvern worth? More specifically, is it comparable in value to a 3G Gold from a checker with a Trio?

How many CB New Release hatchies could I ask for a CB Spessartine? I was thinking at least 2 since the rarity of these things seems to be a little weird.

I think 2 sounds fair. Maybe even 3 if they continue dropping the way they're dropping now (Ex: I just caught 3 in the last 5 minutes and in that time frame I saw at least 6).  smile.gif

Thank you Eos for the answer. I actually got it for 3 hatchies and it only took about 5 minutes to trade it.

Edited by lollipop00

How many CB New Release hatchies could I ask for a CB Spessartine? I was thinking at least 2 since the rarity of these things seems to be a little weird.

I think 2 sounds fair. Maybe even 3 if they continue dropping the way they're dropping now (Ex: I just caught 3 in the last 5 minutes and in that time frame I saw at least 6). smile.gif

What's the rarity levels on 3 and 4gen prizes nowadays... It seems to me that even when I ask for one cb hatchie I don't get offers, so I'd given up and abandoned 4+gens so hopefully people enjoy them in the AP, but I see people posting them and asking for decent sized offers, definitely worth more than one cb common hatchie.