Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

When looking to trade 2G Alt Undines, how would they weigh in when asking for CB Arias and Frills? Thanks!

I'd say around 4-8. Frills and Aria's have gotten a lot more common and you can find them so much more easily in the biomes than when they first came out. I'd only say this as well as 2g alt undines can be worth a 3g prize, and I've been trading a bunch of 3gs for those type of hatchies, and I've gotten offers of 4+.

How many rares from the cave would I have to trade for if I wanted a 2G prize? 4? 5? I'm talking a mix of coppers, pyralspites (rare kinds), trios, a 2G silver and golden wyverns.

I'd say around 4-8. Frills and Aria's have gotten a lot more common and you can find them so much more easily in the biomes than when they first came out. I'd only say this as well as 2g alt undines can be worth a 3g prize, and I've been trading a bunch of 3gs for those type of hatchies, and I've gotten offers of 4+.

A 3g Prize from older raffles, or even the more recent ones? I'm not sure I'd ask for those right now, but it's good info to know. I'm horrible at knowing what stuff is worth now a days.

I really am hoping to create armies of Arias and Frills. I love them both. I have 2 Frills from the original release, they were my fave, and I had no idea they were going to poof, and then they did. huh.gif Now they are back, and I need them all!! laugh.gif

Do you think a 2g Silver or Gold would have any value in trading for Arias & Frills? I can't catch rares to save my life, so most of what I can offer is always 2g.

Do you think a 2g Silver or Gold would have any value in trading for Arias & Frills? I can't catch rares to save my life, so most of what I can offer is always 2g.

Yes, but to maximize your frills & Arias you would need to find someone who was looking for that specific pairing with gold/silver. I traded 4 new release hatchies for a 2g gold a couple of days ago, but it was a 2g gold lineage I'd been trying to find for a while.

Just curious, how much will CB Coppers go for? I'm only missing one Copper for my scroll goals.

A 3g Prize from older raffles, or even the more recent ones? I'm not sure I'd ask for those right now, but it's good info to know. I'm horrible at knowing what stuff is worth now a days.

I really am hoping to create armies of Arias and Frills. I love them both. I have 2 Frills from the original release, they were my fave, and I had no idea they were going to poof, and then they did. huh.gif Now they are back, and I need them all!! laugh.gif

Any year, I'd say people these days care more about the mate rather than the date (ha, that rhymed) so technically, yes, any.

Just curious, how much will CB Coppers go for? I'm only missing one Copper for my scroll goals.

Not too much. Not sure what you're wanting to trade for them with, but they're worth slightly more than Pyralspites (Almandine and Spessartine specifically; I'm not sure about Pyrope) and Xenos. You might be able to find someone who is willing to trade you 1:1 for one of those things. If not 1:1 then definitely 2 for 1.

What do you think a 2nd Gen Alt Black hatchling, parents are Black x Black Tea, would trade for? I feel like I'm asking too much in the trade forum right now. =/

Edited by HeartJacker13

What do you think a 2nd Gen Alt Black hatchling, parents are Black x Black Tea, would trade for? I feel like I'm asking too much in the trade forum right now. =/

I looked at your post and I don't think what you're asking for is necessarily unreasonable. I saw some posts discussing how there seems to be a drought of alt blacks recently, so I don't think asking for a CB Silver is unreasonable. I'm not sure about the CB Gold, but I could see someone offering one of those if they were very motivated -- particularly since it's a 2G.

Actually I'd place values slightly differently.

@coppers: Depends a lot on the color of the copper - brown ones are worth slightly less than red ones, and both are worth much less than green ones. Xenos are not really rare, neither have almadines and spessartines been recently. I caught six almadines in the week before the birthday release, and missed a couple of them, while I've only seen a single copper in the same time. I also caught three or four xenos in the same time. So depending on the color of the copper, I think 2:1 is the minimum of almadines/spessartines/xenos to trade for a single copper.

@2nd gen alt black: While they are quite rare at the moment, that doesn't mean people are willing to give up a cb gold or silver for one. Especially since the black isn't purebred. A copper is more realistic in my opinion.

I don't think it's an unreasonable trade, but I do think most CB silver owners will already have and alt black.

As for coppers, I see most traders wanting 1-2 CB xenos or 3G prizes

Edited by meowxmeow

Mmm... how much would children of this and this mated together be worth?

Maybe a common or hatchie, maybe nothing. I've found perfect lower gen Thuwed checkers can be found for very reasonable trades, and that black is technically a stair-fail which is far less desirable to many.

Mmm... how much would children of this and this mated together be worth?

Honestly, probably not much if anything. It didn't gender correctly and it's not a 2G (which is the most sought after gen of Thuwed).

I was recommended to have the black be male dry.gif . Urk. Does the breeder use the forums?

To be honest, either way you gendered it wouldn't have made a huge difference in worth for its eggs. There's just not much call for that pattern (ie. to continue the lineage as a stair you would have needed a magi egg from the parents, a black is a stair 'fail' as either gender because it has broken the original pattern).

How many rares from the cave would I have to trade for if I wanted a 2G prize? 4? 5? I'm talking a mix of coppers, pyralspites (rare kinds), trios, a 2G silver and golden wyverns.

I'll be blunt: generally, you can't. Trading for a 2G prize, outside of CB golds/silvers, is really a matter of luck. Many prize owners will trade for relatively low prices, or even gift (raffles, contests, giveaways), but since the demand so greatly exceeds the supply, you have to either be in the right place at the right time, or have some very tempting stuff.

Why is it so hard to trade for purple dinos? Do they drop at a lower rate than the other dinos? I'm relatively good at catching dino eggs, but have been unable to catch a purple dino. Even now, I've got 2 dinos and a cheese dragon up for trade for a single purple egg or hatchling and am having no luck.

Any advice? What do they trade for? Are they just more popular?

Why is it so hard to trade for purple dinos? Do they drop at a lower rate than the other dinos? I'm relatively good at catching dino eggs, but have been unable to catch a purple dino. Even now, I've got 2 dinos and a cheese dragon up for trade for a single purple egg or hatchling and am having no luck.

Any advice? What do they trade for? Are they just more popular?

I don't think they are rarer than other dinos, it's just dumb luck. I've caught at least 10 blue ones before I managed to get a yellow one. I've seen someone else complain a while ago they only seem to catch yellow ones. It's really just luck (or bad luck).

The thing with dinos is, that you can't do much with them, because they can't breed. So once people have their set of dinos completed, they are not interested in them anymore. The same is true for cheeses, papers and chicken, though papers and chicken are more popular than the other unbreedables. I'd try offering something that is not a dino or cheese for trade and see if you can get a purple dino for it. A cb blusang or xeno should get you a dino rather quickly, it could also work out with a paper or chicken. Or scan the trading threads for people who are offering a purple dino, and see if you can get what they are asking for.

ETA: popular: might be the case, I know of one user who collects purple dinos. I don't think that a single user can have such a great influence on the dropping rates, though - maybe on the trading system, if they're known to many users and get gifted or traded purple dinos a lot, but not on the cave drops.

Edited by Ha-Ki

With all recent fluctuations, is a CB Spessartine worth a CB Thalassa?

Also, is a 4G Prize worth a CB Blusang?

I get no offers on my trades, so I'm starting to wonder if I'm asking for too much.

I can't keep up with the recent fluctuations either. Can someone update me on the relative valus? They seem to be, rarity wise, more or less like this:

1. - CB Gold: 3 or 4 CB Silvers

2. - CB Silvers: 1 or 2 CB Green Coppers

3. - CB Green Copper: 2 CB Red Coppers, 4 CB Brown Coppers, 2 or 3 Trios, 2 or 3 Gaias, 3 or 4 other Xenos, 2 or 3 Almandines, 3 or 4 Spessartines

Edit to add: I was thinking that a topic to discuss the perceived relative values of the CB Rares would be quite useful. Things change fast!

Edited by PewterEyes

I can't keep up with the recent fluctuations either. Can someone update me on the relative valus? They seem to be, rarity wise, more or less like this:

1. - CB Gold: 3 or 4 CB Silvers

2. - CB Silvers: 1 or 2 CB Green Coppers

3. - CB Green Copper: 2 CB Red Coppers, 4 CB Brown Coppers, 2 or 3 Trios, 2 or 3 Gaias, 3 or 4 other Xenos, 2 or 3 Almandines, 3 or 4 Spessartines

Edit to add: I was thinking that a topic to discuss the perceived relative values of the CB Rares would be quite useful. Things change fast!

Sounds about right. That does not mean that traders, for example someone that caught a couple of CB Almandines, would agree with you. The Almandines used to be extremely hard to catch until few weeks ago and many still did not adapt to the present situation.

Any idea which Xenos are more popular? I would think, from the trades:

1. Gaia

2. Chromo

3. Mageia

4. Pyro

5. Thalassa

6. Astrapi

Any idea which Xenos are more popular? I would think, from the trades:

1. Gaia

2. Chromo

3. Mageia

4. Pyro

5. Thalassa

6. Astrapi

In my (limited and outdated) experience, Thalassas, Gaias, and Chronos seem to be the most popular, but I just got back from a hiatus so someone else should probably weigh in.

Also, while I'm here, what are CB Spessartines going for? I need a ton of them for an upcoming lineage project. ;-;

Edited by Avarule

Also, while I'm here, what are CB Spessartines going for? I need a ton of them for an upcoming lineage project. ;-;

Spessartines nowadays are quite easy to catch, easier than Xenos. But people are not yet used to that so you can still read someone trying to trade a Spessartine for a CB Silver or Gold. At the same time, other traders are asking for CB Hatchies. Frankly, I would not suggest offering more than a CB Trio or a few BSA hatchies for a Spessartine, maybe a Xeno, if you're feeling generous.