Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I kind of think the opposite because I give away my 3rd gen prizes for free.  unsure.gif It probably varies per person, though.

I give away my 2G prizekin for free. I would agree with Amazon that they're about equal, depending on the species/lineage of the prizekin and the rarity/lineage of the prize.

It seems the Almandine rarity bubble may have burst. Any comments on this? I'm seeing numerous trade posts with multiple CB Almandines. I'm too busy/lazy/bad internet to hunt for myself to see.

Edited by The_Bucket

I give away my 2G prizekin for free. I would agree with Amazon that they're about equal, depending on the species/lineage of the prizekin and the rarity/lineage of the prize.

It seems the Almandine rarity bubble may have burst. Any comments on this? I'm seeing numerous trade posts with multiple CB Almandines. I'm too busy/lazy/bad internet to hunt for myself to see.

I've personally thought it's been popped- there's tons of em everywhere now, so I'll wait a bit longer until people aren't wanting expensive things for em, as they're easier to come by.

Instead of 1:1 for 2gen prizes, I've seen 6:1.

And on the prizes/prizefail question, it's hard for me to find simple trades for my 3gen prizes, so I'd consider 2g prizefails much more worth than 3gen lines.... sadly. 4gens are worthless now (?) in my trades.

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Yesterday I saw three separate posts on the same page of the Congrats Thread from people saying they caught Almandines; all of the posts were from the 17th. That alone indicates to me that they're showing up more frequently (unless the only three people who caught them happened to post about it tongue.gif ).

There WERE, in particular there were a bunch right after the latest release. I spent four hours today in the Alpine, didn't see a single one. But I saw three CB Golds.

Tbh, very often so do I! xd.png

Re Almandines: I'm definitely still seeing more of them, to the point that I actually saw two Almandines show up at the same time a day or so ago. I caught one of them and traded it off for a *you-know-what* of Celestial hatchies.

How much is a CaveBorn Gold worth compared to a CaveBorn Silver? smile.gif Thanks laugh.gif

Golds are always worth more. Depending on the way the ratios sit, a gold could be worth 2 silvers or closer to 1.5. Glance through the trading threads and see how many golds are posted vs how many silvers - that should give you some idea of what you could look for. In general, the fewer the golds and the higher the silver count, the more valuable the golds are, and vice versa.

Golds are always worth more. Depending on the way the ratios sit, a gold could be worth 2 silvers or closer to 1.5. Glance through the trading threads and see how many golds are posted vs how many silvers - that should give you some idea of what you could look for. In general, the fewer the golds and the higher the silver count, the more valuable the golds are, and vice versa.

Got it, tyvm happy.gif

Is a CB Bluesang a good enough offer for an yellow Undine? Is a CB Thalassa good for an yellow Undine? Should I offer both?

And what is the current rarity of Shallow Waters? Can I offer one of the already mentioned eggs to get a Shallow Water?

She gives me fails for weeks, and then she does this. Wondering about trading it, but no idea what it's worth. Half thinking I should just keep it and freeze it as a monument to the orneriness of dragons! rolleyes.gif

I know 2G Xenos aren't necessarily considered rare, but what are the alt-bred 2Gs generally worth?

Like this one?

(I know alt-bred isn't the proper term for that breeding outcome but I don't know what it's called either lol)

Is a CB Bluesang a good enough offer for an yellow Undine? Is a CB Thalassa good for an yellow Undine? Should I offer both?

It depends on the lineage of the Undine. Value is in roughly this order for alts (Undine, Black, or Vine):

1. 2G Purebred

2. A lineage with all alts (other than the CB gen), like this

3. Pretty lineage

4. Messy

For #1, you should offer both in my opinion. #4, just one of your eggs. For #2 or 3, it could go either way so offer one or both depending on if it's worth it to you.

And what is the current rarity of Shallow Waters? Can I offer one of the already mentioned eggs to get a Shallow Water?

Shallow Waters are not worth that much. Probably either of your eggs on their own are worth more than a Shallow Water. If you offer just the CB Thalassa for a Shallow Water, that's more than fair.

Edited by Tecca

I know 2G Xenos aren't necessarily considered rare, but what are the alt-bred 2Gs generally worth?

Like this one?

(I know alt-bred isn't the proper term for that breeding outcome but I don't know what it's called either lol)

Honestly, I don't think they're worth much if anything unless someone is actively collecting fails. I toss all of mine to the AP, personally.

What are cb tan ridgewings worth? I'm on the fence about keeping mine but if I can get say a copper or a xeno for it, then that'd help me make up my mind.

Edited by Saami

Hello : )

I was wondering, what is the worth of a 3G Gold From a Gold x RA checker?

( In terms of number of BSA Hatchies -where lineage does not matter )

I was thinking, maybe two?

But I get the feeling that it'll take forever before anyone would be willing to offer any hatchies :X

EDIT: Thanks for the reply, Eos & harlequinraven : )

Edited by RottenFish

But I get the feeling that it'll take forever before anyone would be willing to offer any hatchies :X

Well, if you don't care about lineage than I don't think it will take that long because people can probably find the eggs in the AP and hatch them. I think a 3G gold checker from a RA is something that lineage builders will be interested in trading for. It just might take a few days since you want hatchies. But it doesn't sound like an unreasonable trade at all. smile.gif

I always have trouble trading mine. However, I agree that asking for a couple hatchies should be fine, especially if you don't care about lineage. It should be a fairly easy trade to make, so long as someone is looking for the lineage.

What are golds worth now?

Since you know, the Almandines and Spessartines seem to drop more than they did a few weeks ago

Since you know, the Almandines and Spessartines seem to drop more than they did a few weeks ago

All depends on what you're looking for.

In my opinion, a CB gold is worth:

* 1:1 CB ND (maybe 1:2 if you're lucky - lately ND luck seems significantly worse than usual so I wouldn't expect more than 1:1)

* 2:1 2g prize (1:1 if you're lucky - nose around a bit and see what you can find, what people want for their 2gs varies wildly. I've paid anywhere from 1-5 CB NDs for a 2g.)

* 1:??? Almandine (I really want to say 1:2 or 1:3 but I don't feel like the trade market has caught up yet. Again, shop around.)

* 1:??? Spessartine (I want to say 1:3 or even 1:4 as a long shot, but see above.)

* 1:6 - 1:10 CB Xenos (I would argue 1:6, but which Xenos you want probably factors in)

* 1:25 - 1:35 CB commons (assuming 1:1 CB ND, which is where I get my hatchie numbers from)

So, i keep feeling completely stupid about trades.

I'm always so unsure about what something worths or not, and i'm always afraid that i'm asking too much, (And i like to be fair on those things, even on a game).

Anyway, i have a Blue Dino, a Chicken, and a Ice Hatchling, what should i ask? I asked for a CB spessartine, a generic "good offers please), and a 2/3 gen of a rare.

Is it too much? What i should add or delete?

Yes, in this cases i feel a newbie ninja.gif

I have only seen one CB gold being offered on the trading threads in the past month and many trades asking for a CB gold. They seem to be firmly in the 2g prize realm, in my opinion.

Around how many Magi, Bleeding Moon, and Olive hatchies are worth a CB Blusang? These were the dragons specifically mentioned, and I don't want to offer too little.

I was wondering,

what is the rarity ratio between a CB Spessartine & CB Almandine?

Technically, it should be 1:1,

but Almandines are usually viewed with greater rarity,

would it be a 1.5 : 1 (Almandine : Spessartine) ?

Thanks for the response, shopfront!

Edited by RottenFish

Around how many Magi, Bleeding Moon, and Olive hatchies are worth a CB Blusang? These were the dragons specifically mentioned, and I don't want to offer too little.

Depends a lot on the trader. If they are taking pms on the offer your best bet is to communicate with them and offer what you feel comfortable with, keeping in mind the possibility of adding more if they feel your offer is too low.

I usually will offer four whatevers on the link if their is one and them message them to let them know I'm prepared to add more. Some players are happy with four eggs/hatchies asap, and others prefer to go with an IOU for a larger amount.

For a cb blusang I'd probably offer a m/f pair of hatchies of each type if you really want the blusang.

I was wondering,

what is the rarity ratio between a CB Spessartine & CB Almandine?

Technically, it should be 1:1,

but Almandines are usually viewed with greater rarity,

would it be a 1.5 : 1 (Almandine : Spessartine) ?

1:1, certainly with a little patience and luck on the Spessartine side. My very unscientific eyeball has noticed more Almandines trade for Spessartines in the last day or two than when they first increased in drops, and I just traded a Spess 1:1 for an Almandine myself (and it was a high time Spess egg for an about to mature hatchie too, and traded pretty quickly. I was honestly expecting it to take longer than that.)

Given some managed to fill up on Spessartines in the Lunar Herald release (but not Almandines) and the previous rarity disparity, I wouldn't be surprised if people keep trying to hold for a lucky higher value trade or are keeping more Almandines for themselves still. So if you are wanting Almandines and are impatient you might speed things up by offering an extra sweetner to your trade. But at this stage I would guess that perceived difference will continue to ease off.