Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Blusangs are probably still close to Trios in value, but they aren't as popular. Aside from being low tier rares/high tier uncommons they don't really have any quirks like Trios (BSA) or other popular breeds like Nebulae/Gemshards (random alts), Xenos (multiple forms), Lunar Heralds (timed alts), or others. They still make decent common hatchling trade fodder, though. P:

Sorry for the kind of silly question, but can somebody give me a quick summary of how I.O.Us work? I think I get the base concept, but I need a bit of clarification. sad.gif

Basically - you make a private agreement with someone that one of you will breed whatever later, and you give them your egg or hatchie or whatever and you hope it holds up. You may NOT mention them in making an offer in a thread; you may only note in your sig that you are OK with them. They are entirely at your own risk and if they go pear-shaped you are on your own; no mod can help you, and you may not say in a thread "hey Princess Anastasia (PLEASE tell me we don't have such a member here ?) didn't fulfil the IOU she promised me" - because it is a risk that YOU take and the forum offers NO support with them.

That said - they have always worked out OK for me. But if they hadn't I'd have just had to bite the bullet and lose out.

Does that tell you want you wanted to know ? There is nothing official to explain, as they are TOTALLY unofficial.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Basically - you make a private agreement with someone that one of you will breed whatever later, and you give them your egg or hatchie or whatever and you hope it holds up. You may NOT mention them in making an offer in a thread; you may only note in your sig that you are OK with them. They are entirely at your own risk and if they go pear-shaped you are on your own; no mod can help you, and you may not say in a  thread "hey Princess Anastasia (PLEASE tell me we don't have such a member here ?) didn't fulfil the IOU she promised me" - because it is a risk that YOU take and the forum offers NO support with them.

That said - they have always worked out OK for me. But if they hadn't I'd have just had to bite the bullet and lose out.

Does that tell you want you wanted to know ? There is nothing official to explain, as they are TOTALLY unofficial.

Also, my egg I want to trade says it's "too young" when I try to put it on my teleport list with my Magi Dragon and it won't let me. sad.gif Do you know anything about that?

Also, my egg I want to trade says it's "too young" when I try to put it on my teleport list with my Magi Dragon and it won't let me. sad.gif Do you know anything about that?

You need to wait 5 hours before you can abandon it, put it in a teleport, or trade it in any way. So when the egg hits 6d 19 hours is when you can put it in a trade.

Is a CB Black abandon fodder, or could I trade it for like, a CB Anagallis or other semi-common egg?

I would trade another common for it. I collect CB blacks. Not sure about most people, though. Blacks have become SO common lately that Balloons seem rarer. I'd say if it hatched you could trade the hatchling for another common hatchling. Once things are hatched, no matter what they are, people seem more willing to trade for them. blink.gif

Is a CB Black abandon fodder, or could I trade it for like, a CB Anagallis or other semi-common egg?

You could trade it, but to be honest it's probably quicker to abandon it and catch whatever it is you want. CB blacks don't have much more trade value than any other common.

You could trade it, but to be honest it's probably quicker to abandon it and catch whatever it is you want. CB blacks don't have much more trade value than any other common.

welp, I managed to egg-lock myself by catching a CB Ice.

I'll never get that CB White Lunar Herald or CB Chrono Xenowyrm...

Edited by James1011

Question 1: What are CB lunar heralds going for right now?

Question 2: Are different colors of lunar heralds more sought after?

Question 2: Are different colors of lunar heralds more sought after?

It seems to me, people more often ask for gold and silver Lunars.

I'm trying to get a 3rd gen tinsel, and I've offered a CB Copper, 2 CB Xeno hatchies (the rare ones), and a CB Blusang. Is that far too little? Should I add on a few more Xeno hatchies? Or another Blusang?

I'm trying to get a 3rd gen tinsel, and I've offered a CB Copper, 2 CB Xeno hatchies (the rare ones), and a CB Blusang. Is that far too little? Should I add on a few more Xeno hatchies? Or another Blusang?

Doesn't sound like an unreasonable offer to me, but the power is probably in the hands of the person with the 3G Tinsel. So you might be better off offering on a trade that is looking for those things instead of waiting for them to come to you. The only thing I'd do differently is maybe add a third Xeno instead of the Blusang, but that's because I like Xenos better. rolleyes.gif

I would trade a 3G prize for a couple of Xenos, but that's just me.

It probably also depends on how many 2nd gen Prizes (if more than one) that person has. If they have just that one Tinsel, and it only produces a Tinsel once or twice a year or even less than that, they possibly won't trade that 3rd gen for anything that can be caught in the cave.

Since we're on the topic, how many uncommons/rares would you say a 4G Tinsel Offspring would go for? And how many 4Gs would be good in return for a CB Silver/Gold?

Specifically Cb Nebulas, Gems, Xenos, and/or Lunars.

Since we're on the topic, how many uncommons/rares would you say a 4G Tinsel Offspring would go for? And how many 4Gs would be good in return for a CB Silver/Gold?

The offspring of a 4G tinsel? So a 5G tinsel? Probably not a lot. It seems only 3G tinsels and lower have any real trading power, unless the 4G is the only one in it's line, and even then it's probably going to be hard to get anything more than a few commons or BSA hatchies out of it. That's if you're lucky.

I guess it really depends on what people want. Trading is really bad right now, it seems. I can't trade a single thing. Not Blusangs, Xenos, or even Coppers. huh.gif

Sorry I meant the 4G would be the offspring.

But thanks for that bit of info.

Edited by dinogummi

Maybe one of those for a 4th gen, they aren't really worth much.

It would be difficult to trade multiple 4th gens for a CB Metal. If you have the CB Metal and want Tinsels, ask for offers see how many people are willing to trade?

What's a reasonable amount of CB hatchies for a 2G Gold? especially one that took months to breed?

Thank you prismatika

Edited by Tasokie

Is a fourth gen Thuwed actually worth anything?

I suppose it may worth something for some people if it is a perfect checker or EG with all CB Thuweds. Otherwise, I doubt someone would care to trade for it.

Does 2G common from Halloween spriter's alt worth 2G Prize?

I would say yes, depending somewhat on which spriter's alt. Most spriter's alts have lists as long as my arm or are simply not open, meaning any 2g is almost impossible to get. Unless your 2g comes from an alt with a very short, very accessible list, I would definitely say it's worth a 2g prize.

What's the value of a 3EG Gold from a perfect checker with a non-holiday dragon?

I'm not sure, but I've had very little luck trading them (or similar silvers) -- some ended up growing up on my scroll just to have duplicates in case of refusals with potential future mates, and some I gifted to friends because I couldn't find a trade, even for a similar metal checker. I've pretty much stopped breeding them for trade purposes, because they seem to just take up an egg slot for days and not bring any return...

I know I've gotten a couple in trade for a bloodswap, but it's hard to make timing line up with rares, and one, I think, I got for a holiday mate shortly before the holiday.

This is all for rarish/uncommon mates like blusang/trio. 3g gold checker from commons might spark more interest? I haven't managed to breed one yet tongue.gif

What's the value of a 3EG Gold from a perfect checker with a non-holiday dragon?

Myself I've traded for 3rd gen metals from checkers many times from AngelsPunishment and others - up to Spessartines and down to multiple uncommon hatchies depending on their request list. I do it because a) pretty, well-named lines and cool.gif getting the *metal* offspring is a pain in the butt, and if I like the lineage or am already working on it, trading for the metal mate saves me a lot of time and frustration. I ought to start rebreeding my own 'completed' projects to see if I get more metals to share around for the same reason.

Just my 2c; others may not be as interested in trading for them. I can see how it would be a very hit or miss experience as hamsterwoman said.