Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Chronos are definitely among the more sought after Xenos (2nd only to Gaia I think), so you definitely didn't lowball if you ask me.

Edited by Isuzu

(Sorry if the double post isn't allowed)

My question:

What are CB Blusangs worth these days?

I just traded a cb Blusang and took 3 common hatchies.

What is this lineage worth?

Depends on who you ask. The problem you're likely to find is that it will be exceptionally difficult for anyone to put together a mate for it. You may find good results posting it in the even-gen trading thread, though.

My guess is that you would have no problem trading for a 3g prize or a couple of CB Xenos. It's hard to give you a better answer than that since you didn't specify what you're looking for (prize swap? CB commons? Xenos? Coppers?) and since so much of the trade value will depend on who you ask.

What a CB Red Dorsal worth? Can a get a common Holiday mate for it?

I assume you're referring to a 2g Holiday mate? Yeah, you should be able to make that trade easily.

I know it's long time before the next Christmas, but what 3G checkered Holly worth? I know 2G is worth something near 2G Prize. Does it mean, you can get 3G Holly for 3G Prize?

I know it's long time before the next Christmas, but what 3G checkered Holly worth? I know 2G is worth something near 2G Prize. Does it mean, you can get 3G Holly for 3G Prize?

Holly and Prize values are not comparable. A 2G Holly is 'worth' a very large number of 2G prizes (somewhere around 16 maybe? As a strictly mathematical answer). Since many 2G Hollies land in the AP, various people catch them and can do whatever they want with them.

Likewise, 3G Hollies are not comparable to 3G Prizes. I would estimate the value of a 3G Holly somewhere around the value of a CB Gold. It could be higher or lower depending on the line (old stairstep with Whites vs new checker with Xenowyrms). This is still a crude comparison, since Hollies really do stand far outside the normal market chain. Personally I would value a 2G Prize a little above a 3G Holly, and a 3G Prize far below.

Holly and Prize values are not comparable. A 2G Holly is 'worth' a very large number of 2G prizes (somewhere around 16 maybe? As a strictly mathematical answer). Since many 2G Hollies land in the AP, various people catch them and can do whatever they want with them.

Likewise, 3G Hollies are not comparable to 3G Prizes. I would estimate the value of a 3G Holly somewhere around the value of a CB Gold. It could be higher or lower depending on the line (old stairstep with Whites vs new checker with Xenowyrms). This is still a crude comparison, since Hollies really do stand far outside the normal market chain. Personally I would value a 2G Prize a little above a 3G Holly, and a 3G Prize far below.

Wow, thanks for the answer, it seems I have been confused somewhere. I recall seen some trades that mentioned Hollies, but maybe it was 2G from Hollies...

And what about 4G Hollies then?

Wow, thanks for the answer, it seems I have been confused somewhere. I recall seen some trades that mentioned Hollies, but maybe it was 2G from Hollies...

The confusion likely comes from the fact that everyone and their mother thinks that whatever they have for trade is worth a 2G Holly and expects to be given one. (It's not)

4G Hollies are exponentially less valuable. They are entirely feasible to catch yourself in the AP, and you can probably trade something someone needs and can't find for one.

As a holly owner I second the prize owner's (The_Bucket) statement tongue.gif

The reason the value of hollies is so high is because (if you look at the data sheet in my sig) there is somewhere around only 78 CB hollies in existence, and somewhere in the realm of 840 CB prize dragons in existence. The number of hollies is probably higher than that, but any beyond that most likely have little to no progeny, and thus are inconsequential in a debate about trade value.

However, that doesn't consider activity. Only about 41 CB hollies are still actively breeding at Christmas times, with clutches normally averaging around 3.2 eggs. By my calculations and findings there are 728 2nd gen hollies in existence, which, if you count both CB hollies + 2nd gen hollies in existence, that's still less than the total amount of prize dragons.

If you assume even a quarter of CB prize dragons are actively breeding (210) once a week, and they breed true let's say 1 in 6 attempts (I get this estimate from Bucket), then they would have roughly 8 to 9 prizes in a year. So let's assume 8 prizes are laid per theoretically active prize (210). In that case 1,680 prizes would have come into existence within a year.

Last year 124 2G holly eggs were laid.

If we hold that calculation to represent how many 2g prizes are equivalent to a 2g holly, one would need to promise roughly 13~14 2G prizes per 2G holly.

Now, if you ask me if I am traded that much each year, I'll tell you heck no. Last year I traded my holly egg for a CB almandine, two CB golds, and a copper or two. To be honest, I don't find anything truly as valuable as a 2g holly unless it's a 2g holly. I also don't think I'd believe someone trying to trade me 13+ 2G prizes tongue.gif

Holly owners get the short end of the stick when it comes to trades, because no one really wants to give them what they're really worth (unless they're another holly owner doing a bloodswap but that's beside the point). And this isn't to say the people who trade for them are bad, or purposefully underpaying, but because there are so few holly owners, and until I created my sheet I don't think anyone really knew how few and far between we are.

However, we holly owners see the happiness it brings to people and I know a handful of 2G holly owners who regularly gift their hollies or donate them to competitions or drop them on people's heads. I love the reactions from people who grab my eggs in the AP and seeing how happy people get when they receive one or grab one or win one makes the unfair trades worth it.

On the other side, we also tend to get pestered or asked for lots and lots of trades, even out of season. It's hard to talk to someone without our hollies coming up in conversation, and that sometimes causes us to withdraw.

I'm going to stop blathering now because I'm already neck deep in this post and I've gone on waaay longer than I should have tongue.gif If you have any more questions on the state of hollies, please feel free to PM me or ask here.

Well, this was educating. I really didn't know Hollies are so rare! I caught a 4G EG this year and was sad it is not lower. I'm more happy about having it now!

Depends on who you ask. The problem you're likely to find is that it will be exceptionally difficult for anyone to put together a mate for it. You may find good results posting it in the even-gen trading thread, though.

My guess is that you would have no problem trading for a 3g prize or a couple of CB Xenos. It's hard to give you a better answer than that since you didn't specify what you're looking for (prize swap? CB commons? Xenos? Coppers?) and since so much of the trade value will depend on who you ask.

Thanks! I suppose I'll toss it up for "offers" and see what happens as I'm not really in the market for anything.

What's a 3rd gen price worth?

I can't seem to trade ANYTHING for a 3G Prize. The general consensus is that they're worth at least 2 Xenowyrms or a Copper or so. Maybe some BSA hatchies. If I had a 3G Prize, I'd trade it for at least 4 red/pink hatchies (CB) or 2 Xenos (maybe because I really like Xenos). I did receive a 3G Prize in exchange for 3 Lunar Heralds, though, so I guess it just depends on what you're looking for. huh.gif

What would this 4G stair Gold be worth? Anything at all? Or would I be better off just Departuring it?

I can't seem to trade ANYTHING for a 3G Prize. The general consensus is that they're worth at least 2 Xenowyrms or a Copper or so. Maybe some BSA hatchies. If I had a 3G Prize, I'd trade it for at least 4 red/pink hatchies (CB) or 2 Xenos (maybe because I really like Xenos). I did receive a 3G Prize in exchange for 3 Lunar Heralds, though, so I guess it just depends on what you're looking for. huh.gif

I usually give mine away. The only time I ever traded one, I bred and offered it to get a silver x rb checker. EVERYTHING depends on what you are looking for.

What would this 4G stair Gold be worth? Anything at all? Or would I be better off just Departuring it?

Not a lot, to me - I went to look - but as the mate isn't a single breed - no.

What's a 3rd gen price worth?

Honestly, I just give the offspring from my 2G Shimmer away now. I used to trade them for swaps (duh, right? rolleyes.gif ) and occasionally other small things, but not anymore. It depends on what you're looking for though.

Edit: @ Yunako: Seconding what fuzzbucket said. I'd probably departure it.

Edited by Eos

Me too. sad.gif

So basicly anything that's not 2nd gen is worth a crap. rolleyes.gif

I guess gifting it is my best option. I probably won't breed my 2nd gens anymore then...

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Edited by Idril

What is a CB Blusang worth nowadays? They used to be worth a lot, but it's been about a year since I caught one, or paid attention to them. Got one on a misclick, wondering if worth trading now.

Me too. sad.gif

So basicly anything that's not 2nd gen is worth a crap. rolleyes.gif

I guess gifting it is my best option. I probably won't breed my 2nd gens anymore then...

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Well, no. I often look for 3 gens to breed with MY 3 gens. (Trade ya !)

But I think all this discussion is where DC falls over, trying to see how much you can get out of someone else. Why not breed them and AP them, if you can't trade them. That makes a lot of people very happy.

As I have always said - making egg/hatchie trading out to be like a stock market kind of spoils things. I'd breed all sorts of allegedly valuable stuff to get what I happen to need at the moment - PB 2 or 3 gen golds for 2 gen greys from shadows at one time, for instance. It's all in what anyone needs for their lineages, not $$$$ in dragon money !

What is a CB Blusang worth nowadays? They used to be worth a lot, but it's been about a year since I caught one, or paid attention to them. Got one on a misclick, wondering if worth trading now.

I don't think that Blusangs are worth nearly as much as they used to be. I scanned the trading threads for you, and I saw these type of trades for a CB Blusang: Multiple CB Chrono or Gaia Xenos (I don't agree with this one); CB common hatchlings; a single CB Xeno or CB Trio; a paper egg, etc.

Edit: Added CB to be clearer smile.gif

Edited by Eos

Well, no. I often look for 3 gens to breed with MY 3 gens. (Trade ya !)

But I think all this discussion is where DC falls over, trying to see how much you can get out of someone else. Why not breed them and AP them, if you can't trade them. That makes a lot of people very happy.

As I have always said - making egg/hatchie trading out to be like a stock market kind of spoils things. I'd breed all sorts of allegedly valuable stuff to get what I happen to need at the moment - PB 2 or 3 gen golds for 2 gen greys from shadows at one time, for instance. It's all in what anyone needs for their lineages, not $$$$ in dragon money !

My 3rd gen prize dragons aren't exactly generous with their shiny offspring, so it´s quite the holiday for me if they give me one and so I´d like to have something nice for it. unsure.gif And as I´m not the big cave hunter anymore they are mainly my most valuable thing I can trade. It was different of course before the first raffle, which brings us to another discussion... rolleyes.gif

I´ll probably gift it to one of my friends.

I think prize trading has... I think of it as having ate itself up. Nobody wants 3g because 4g are worthless in trades, so now even 2g aren't nearly as valuable because their offspring aren't as wanted. Stopping the raffle is all fine and dandy but I think the timing is a bit off. We have enough cb prizes that the value has dropped enough to make low gen offspring available to most players (which is what mostly everyone said they wanted and was fair) but we don't have quite enough to make them easily available for swapping and trading for lineage making purposes for everyone.

I think another several hundred prizes dropped into the breeding pool might have brought the price of 2g down into reach of a whole lot more people and we'd see a lot more trading. Of course that opens up a different can of worms to worry over, lol.

ok, what happened to my spacing?

Edited by Tawanda001