Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What are caveborn gemshards worth? I don't see them that often in the cave.

Not much. They're quite easy to get. That is just what I think.

Not much. They're quite easy to get. That is just what I think.

Agree with this. I got one at will the other day. I looked in the trading threads though just to be sure, and saw several CB trades offering them. I don't think they're worth much. They're worth most (in my opinion) as hatchlings once you know the color/gender.

Excellent That ought to make this checker I'm working on easier to do, now that I'm reasonably sure I can trade for the gemshards I need. Thank you!

I've another pair of CB Almandines and this time I posted a trade (I can't recall ever doing that since I joined the forum) so I'm quite curious about the outcome.

Just sharing information: I would say, based on my latest experience, that people are not really interested on trading to get CB Almandines. Or, at least, I didn't get any serious offers for the two I was trading. Good to know smile.gif

Just sharing information: I would say, based on my latest experience, that people are not really interested on trading to get CB Almandines. Or, at least, I didn't get any serious offers for the two I was trading. Good to know smile.gif

They may be at the top of super-rares, but the two times I've tried to trade an Almandine I didn't either. Certainly not the CB metal I was looking for. Rarity =/= demand, sadly.

Trading for a lot of those things that were suggested (Neglecteds, Prizes, CB Metals, Spriter's Alts) are almost always right place, right time. Most people aren't going to want to offer those as IOUs (if you even accept those) and will probably only offer if they have an egg on hand.

It's not that people don't want them, they may just not have what you are seeking.

Edited by Areous

Trading for a lot of those things that were suggested (Neglecteds, Prizes, CB Metals, Spriter's Alts) are almost always right place, right time. Most people aren't going to want to offer those as IOUs (if you even accept those) and will probably only offer if they have an egg on hand.

It's not that people don't want them, they may just not have what you are seeking.

Nope. Forget Neglecteds, Prizes, CB Metals, Spriter's Alts. People wanted a couple of CB Almandines while offering AP-caught stuff. And messy to boot.

Not a big deal, I deleted the trade and will happily keep or gift them.

Edited by _Sin_

Nope. Forget Neglecteds, Prizes, CB Metals, Spriter's Alts. People wanted a couple of CB Almandines while offering AP-caught stuff. And messy to boot.

Not a big deal, I deleted the trade and will happily keep or gift them.

Probably desperation trades. I agree with most of what Areous said, the people who have what you want will probably not have it when you want it. :/ CB metals aren't IOUable, other CB rares aren't IOUable. Spriter's alts and prizes are incredibly risky to IOU because if the CB owner falls through on their IOU, now it's your problem. Only Neglecteds are safe to IOU.

There may also be some who would rather wait for ratios to shift and make Almandines more common than pay extreme amounts for an ultrarare Almandine now.

Probably desperation trades. I agree with most of what Areous said, the people who have what you want will probably not have it when you want it. :/ CB metals aren't IOUable, other CB rares aren't IOUable. Spriter's alts and prizes are incredibly risky to IOU because if the CB owner falls through on their IOU, now it's your problem. Only Neglecteds are safe to IOU.

There may also be some who would rather wait for ratios to shift and make Almandines more common than pay extreme amounts for an ultrarare Almandine now.

When posting the trades, I did not mention IOUs. I did not mention that they were not acceptable either.

TBH considering what I've been reading and my own experience, Almandines and Spessartines can be rare but they are worthless. I do not plan on trading them, they look good in my scroll biggrin.gif

Edited by _Sin_

^I agree with the above. It could be a case of people not having what you want when you want it. Though! Despite being logically rarer than CB golds, 2G++ Almandine are ridiculously easy to breed. It harder to get commons when making checkers pairs from it. This pattern is mirrored by Xenos. This hints to me that it's ratio might not be as rare as golds.

Also, based on my understanding, many people seems to have gotten their CB Almandine when it was first released too. I'm one of those who consider a CB Almandine a nice to have, doable depending on trade asking but more than willing to wait until the ratios gets adjusted.

Sellers-Market does not Willing-Buyers Make tongue.gif

Edited by Stormypulse

^I agree with the above. It could be a case of people not having what you want when you want it. Though! Despite being logically rarer then CB golds, 2G++ Almandine are ridiculously easy to breed. It harder to get commons when making checkers pairs from it. This pattern is mirrored by Xenos. This hints to me that it's ratio might not be as rare as golds.

Also, based on my understanding, many people seems to have gotten their CB Almandine when it was first released too. I'm one of those who consider a CB Almandine a nice to have, doable depending on trade asking but more than willing to wait until the ratios gets adjusted.

Sellers-Market does not Willing-Buyers Make tongue.gif

Pfffft. I doubt that the "ratios will get adjusted" but, in the meantime, I'll do my best to catch a bunch of CB Almandines. They just look so good in my scroll wink.gif

What are 3G holly checkers usually worth? I've been gifting offspring from my sunsong x holly checker since I've never actually known what to ask for in return. I'm guessing 1 or 2 xenowyrms?

Edited by Master0fPuppets

Tbh, this is what I found when I had one to trade before Christmas. Seems it's still the same several months on. People say they'll give arms, legs and first-borns for one, but this is, in practice, very much not the case.

I don't offer on CB almandine trades because I'm very certain I don't have anything I could possibly trade for them. I definitely think they're worth at least a CB silver each. If I still needed a CB almandine for scroll completion purposes, I'd be trading the CB silver I have now for a CB almandine - but the only almandines I still need are for freezing, so I would not do that trade, since someone else could put the almandine to much better use than I could.

So my case is partly the scenario that Stormypulse mentioned about having my share of CB almandines (sort of), but also partly that I don't think I have a hope in hell of competing for one, so I don't even try.

I didn't even realise that people offering CB almandines weren't getting offers. I thought they were drowning in them. xd.png Now that I know they're not trading well, I'm going to handle seeing them in the trading section differently in future, next time I have an arm and a leg at my disposal (I don't usually)!

I didn't even realise that people offering CB almandines weren't getting offers. I thought they were drowning in them. xd.png Now that I know they're not trading well, I'm going to handle seeing them in the trading section differently in future, next time I have an arm and a leg at my disposal (I don't usually)!

Me too. Also Spessartines biggrin.gif

What are 3G holly checkers usually worth? I've been gifting offspring from my sunsong x holly checker since I've never actually known what to ask for in return. I'm guessing 1 or 2 xenowyrms?

It really depends on the person and the rarity of the line. Rare/uncommon lines are worth a bit more, although it's hard to pin down exactly what to be honest. Holly checkers are hard to trade because of the breeding nature of hollies and the possibility of never finding a mate.

Someone like me, who collects holly lines, would pay anything from CB commons to a 2G metal for the right line.

Tbh, this is what I found when I had one to trade before Christmas.  Seems it's still the same several months on.  People say they'll give arms, legs and first-borns for one, but this is, in practice, very much not the case.

I don't think that people aren't willing to trade an arm and a leg for a CB Almandine. It's just that 'an arm and a leg' may differ wildly between players. I know I'd need a few CB Almandines on my scroll yet I could never pay the prices that are being demanded as I can't catch CB Metals for the life of me and don't have anything rare enough on my scroll for its offspring to fetch such a price. So I don't even bother trying to cut off any of my limbs as I know they wouldn't be deemed valuable enough.

And as was mentioned above, save for Neglecteds none of the things people ask for a really IOUable - and with Neglecteds usually the sellers demand proof you already successfully did one.

On the other hand, chances are that people who can offer all of the above probably already have their share of CB Almandines and are more likely to use their valuable trade fodder for other insanely rare stuff.

Edited by Rubin

I was able to trade an almandine for a cb silver not too long ago, maybe right after christmas, I think.

At any rate it involved a certain amount of luck.

a.) the person trading always seems to have cb metals to trade

b.) they don't mind trading generously for what they want, because at the time almandines didn't seem to be as hard to get as they are now.

c.) their trades seem to go really fast so being in the right place at the right time makes all the difference

I know a lot of people get impatient also, but for something rare i'd leave the trade up for as long as possible, even two weeks if necessary, just to make sure that people actually had a chance to get what you want for your rare.

Edited by Tawanda001

That is interesting and good to know. I'd say in the future though if you WANT to offer on someone else's trade, you could probably have literally anything you want because a large majority of people ask for Almandines in their "want" section.

But I agree with the others that people probably didn't have what you wanted on hand. I'll note that though. Probably won't trade any when I catch them either. smile.gif

That is interesting and good to know. I'd say in the future though if you WANT to offer on someone else's trade, you could probably have literally anything you want because a large majority of people ask for Almandines in their "want" section.

But I agree with the others that people probably didn't have what you wanted on hand. I'll note that though. Probably won't trade any when I catch them either.  smile.gif

Usually I do not post trades and this time I did, just out of curiosity, to see how perfectly reasonable opinions translate on real trading.

Here is a casual list of what people, Wanting CB Almandines, have been offering lately in the Trading section:

- 4th Gen Prize

- 3rd Gen Prize

- 2nd Gen Silver

- CB Silver

- 3rd Gen Silver

- 2nd Gen Gold

- 3rd Gen Gold

- CB Xeno

- 2nd Gen Prizekin

Let's say that there's not a lot of correlation between the rarity of the CB Almandines and their value smile.gif

Edited by _Sin_

Usually I do not post trades and this time I did, just out of curiosity, to see how perfectly reasonable opinions translate on real trading.

Here is a casual list of what people, Wanting CB Almandines, have been offering lately in the Trading section:

- 4th Gen Prize

- 3rd Gen Prize

- 2nd Gen Silver

- CB Silver

- 3rd Gen Silver

- 2nd Gen Gold

- 3rd Gen Gold

- CB Xeno

- 2nd Gen Prizekin

Let's say that there's not a lot of correlation between the rarity of the CB Almandines and their value smile.gif

That's a pretty large range of "wants." I find it hard to tell what almandines are worth just because so many people have it in their posts as a reflex/just in case want.

When I caught an almandine a couple of months back, I think the best I was offered for it was a CB silver? Ended up keeping it.

I had an Almandine up for trade few weeks ago, not asking for anything over the top just best of of Storm/Grey hatchies or CB Imperial hatchies, (nice and easy) smile.gif i thought asking for 25 was a good and fair trade unsure.gif but not to ones wanting it sad.gif maybe they should look at how long it will take them to catch an Almandine compared to how long to do an IOU trade without causing disruptions to their own plans smile.gif

i have given up hunting for them now, waste of time and egg space for next to nothing

- 4th Gen Prize

- 3rd Gen Prize

- 2nd Gen Silver

- CB Silver

- 3rd Gen Silver

- 2nd Gen Gold

- 3rd Gen Gold

- CB Xeno

- 2nd Gen Prizekin

....and the daft thing I've noticed is that, when someone's offering something of nominally "high" value (e.g. 3G Prize, CB Silver), they're often asking for multiple Almand/Spess eggs. rolleyes.gif I find this hilarious given that I've seen more Golds (well, one Gold!) and Silvers in the Alpine recently, and I've been looking. Whereas I haven't seen a CB Almandine in the Alpine for a while. DC trading. It is a crapshoot. rolleyes.gif

I was able to trade an almandine for a cb silver not too long ago, maybe right after christmas, I think.

At any rate it involved a certain amount of luck.

a.) the person trading always seems to have cb metals to trade

b.) they don't mind trading generously for what they want, because at the time almandines didn't seem to be as hard to get as they are now.

c.) their trades seem to go really fast so being in the right place at the right time makes all the difference

I know a lot of people get impatient also, but for something rare i'd leave the trade up for as long as possible, even two weeks if necessary, just to make sure that people actually had a chance to get what you want for your rare.

....and the daft thing I've noticed is that, when someone's offering something of nominally "high" value (e.g. 3G Prize, CB Silver), they're often asking for multiple Almand/Spess eggs.  rolleyes.gif  I find this hilarious given that I've seen more Golds (well, one Gold!) and Silvers in the Alpine recently, and I've been looking.  Whereas I haven't seen a CB Almandine in the Alpine for a while.  DC trading.  It is a crapshoot.  rolleyes.gif

I think that Amazon_warrior's post already indirectly answered Tawanda's. A CB Silver is a decent trade but, based on my experience, people that catch Almandines, can catch Silvers and Golds as well. They drop with the same frequency but, while metals drop in every biome, Almandines drop only in the Alpine and that makes them quite rarer. Not only... in general, there are more people in the Alpine than in the other biomes and that makes things even harder.

One could argue that is easier to breed Almandines than metals and that 2nd Gen Almandines are worthless. True... but 2nd Gen metals are not that valuable either.

I love the sprite (although I wish they were gender-dimorphic) and will keep hunting for them, keeping them in my scroll or gifting. "DC trading. It is a crapshoot. " sounds about right, will just avoid it as usual smile.gif