Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Is it fair of me to ask for a cb blusang in exchange for a paper egg?

Personally, I think blusangs are a bit less rare than papers.

Edited by mo7

Why do I see CB golds up for trades more than alpine pyropes? I almost never see them.

What's a reasonable amount of CB hatchies for a 2G Gold? especially one that took months to breed?

/ignored..

I think it would really depend on if you want common or rare hatchlings, really. I'm awful at catching rare things, but if you were willing to take commons, I would think you could ask for quite a few. (I doubt that's very helpful, though, and I'm sorry for the delayed reply!)

Edited by prismatika

Why do I see CB golds up for trades more than alpine pyropes? I almost never see them.

Because almandines (alpine pyropes) are rarer than golds and only appear in one biome (the alpine) whereas golds appear in all. So the odds of one appearing is astronomical.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what's a 2nd-gen purebred alt black hatchie worth? I haven't seen a whole lot of trades for them, so it's hard to tell what's reasonable to ask for.

Edited by lolahighwind

Does 2G common from Halloween spriter's alt worth 2G Prize?

After having seen which Alt - unfortunately no, imho. Go ahead and keep trying for one as you'd never know (and can always be surprised!)

You can still probably get quite a bit if you just asked for offers and tried to see what people put. You'll also get quite a few people who will offer you crap though, so it's just a matter of if you want to wait & see what you get and weed through the bad stuff, as opposed to only asking for a 2G and perhaps getting nothing.

So you can try asking yourself this - are you upset if you keep it?

Yes -> Try to see what you can get

No -> Try for that 2G Prize! smile.gif

*Take this with a grain of salt, because the Trade forums have a way of surprising you sometimes!

Is a CB Xeno (Astrapi) and a CB Brown Copper combined worth a 3G shimmer?

Or would I be better off offering 2 Xenos and a the Copper, or just the Copper and a rarer Xeno (like Chrono or Gaia)?

Is a CB Xeno (Astrapi) and a CB Brown Copper combined worth a 3G shimmer?

Or would I be better off offering 2 Xenos and a the Copper, or just the Copper and a rarer Xeno (like Chrono or Gaia)?

I would think a CB Astrapi and a CB Copper would be worth a 3g shimmer. Probably depends on what 3g you're looking for, though. The more specific your pairing or CB ancestor needs, the higher the prize tends to be worth.

How many CB common hatchies could I reasonably ask for a CB Neglected? I've heard 30-35 is a good ballpark number but I want to be sure I'm being fair.

After having seen which Alt - unfortunately no, imho. Go ahead and keep trying for one as you'd never know (and can always be surprised!)

You can still probably get quite a bit if you just asked for offers and tried to see what people put. You'll also get quite a few people who will offer you crap though, so it's just a matter of if you want to wait & see what you get and weed through the bad stuff, as opposed to only asking for a 2G and perhaps getting nothing.

So you can try asking yourself this - are you upset if you keep it?

Yes -> Try to see what you can get

No -> Try for that 2G Prize! smile.gif

*Take this with a grain of salt, because the Trade forums have a way of surprising you sometimes!

I agree with both Areous and AGYK, despite the fact that totally makes me contradict myself smile.gif

AGYK's thing about 2gs from spriter's alts being very difficult to get without luck/something fantastic to trade is true.

However, here's where I agree with Areous- I personally wouldn't trade a 2g prize for a random pairing- I'd want to choose my own mate, especially if I had lineage plans for it!

It never hurts to try, though.

Thanks for answers! I got this 2G from Alt by accident and I probably will never ever get something of equal worth, so I don't want to trade it for just "something"... I suppose, I'll keep trying, and if trading would not work, I will at least have my Alt.

Another question: is it a worth difference between staired and checkered 3G Prizes?

Edited by reaty

Another question: is it a worth difference between staired and checkered 3G Prizes?

If you find the right player a checker can be more valuable than a stair, just because they are harder to make. But I think stairs are easier to trade because the average player wants a prize that they can continue, and for most of us that means a stairstep with commons or uncommons.

If you find the right player a checker can be more valuable than a stair, just because they are harder to make. But I think stairs are easier to trade because the average player wants a prize that they can continue, and for most of us that means a stairstep with commons or uncommons.

I was mostly asking not about trading them, but about trading FOR them. smile.gif I personally love checkers and don't care about stairs. Should I offer more for the checkered Prize?

I was mostly asking not about trading them, but about trading FOR them. smile.gif I personally love checkers and don't care about stairs. Should I offer more for the checkered Prize?

If you are trying to trade FOR them, I would probably use what the person is asking for as a good indicator of what it is worth to them. Or check out their wishlist, see if there is something specifically valuable to them that you could offer.

For example, now knowing you love checkers, I would consider offering (again, for example) a checker lineage along with whatever you meant to offer, or a metal checker instead of a CB uncommon, etc etc.

Because almandines (alpine pyropes) are rarer than golds and only appear in one biome (the alpine) whereas golds appear in all. So the odds of one appearing is astronomical.

I've been quite inactive and did not keep up with trade values. What can I get if offering two CB Almandines? I'm not interested on Golds or Silvers, at this time.

I've been quite inactive and did not keep up with trade values. What can I get if offering two CB Almandines? I'm not interested on Golds or Silvers, at this time.

Pretty much whatever you want smile.gif What DO you want - think about that, and post ! They are like hen's teeth at the moment.

People will give you their souls for CB Alamandines. laugh.gif

2G Prizes, CB metals, ND, literally whatever you want. I'd give you a buttload of Xenowyrms for them, but that is truly a very low offer. Unless you it's exactly what you want.

You're essentially holding 2-3 CB NDs. Trade accordingly (and wisely). Neglecteds, 2g prizes, maybe even a spriter's alt offspring are all within your reach atm.

Would a Cheese egg be worth a Male Pink hatchling? Or should I offer something else as well?

Would a Cheese egg be worth a Male Pink hatchling? Or should I offer something else as well?

Wait, are you offering for the pink or the cheese? Cheese are usually harder to get than pinks, but if it's a cb pink hatchie ...

how many random hatchlings are worth an almandine or spessartine?

how many CB hatchliings?

I don't have either and I'm trying to get a grasp of what they are generally going for

how many CB hatchliings?

I don't have either and I'm trying to get a grasp of what they are generally going for

You're looking at probably 35+ CB hatchies per almandine or spessartine, if you can even find someone willing to make that trade. The two pyrals are rarer than CB metallics atm.

how many CB hatchliings?

I had an Almandine for trade few weeks ago and a person who wanted asked in this Thread thinking 15 was to much sad.gif i think some people don't realize how rare they are its hard enough to see one let alone catch it, i could go days in the Alpine without seeing any yet see 6-7 Golds and yes miss them as well rolleyes.gif so if you want one i would offer as high as you think is doable for you wink.gif

Wait, are you offering for the pink or the cheese? Cheese are usually harder to get than pinks, but if it's a cb pink hatchie ...

I'm the one with the cheese, sorry. I'd probably prefer CB, but as long as it's male, I'd take a forty-seventh gen inbred messy hatchling without batting an eye.

Edited by Not-Jeff

I'm the one with the cheese, sorry. I'd probably prefer CB, but as long as it's male, I'd take a forty-seventh gen inbred messy hatchling without batting an eye.

Well I would think a cheese would get a pink hatchie without too much problem as it's a decent trade as far as value goes. If you offer and get turned down it definitely wouldn't hurt to put up your own trade, I don't think you'd have to wait too awful long to get a trade offer.