Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I know this isn't a trade question, but I dunno where to post it.

How do people catch CB Gaia Xenos? I have seen more CB silvers than I have CB Gaias. Are these the new Alamandine/Spessartines? Is what I have now all I'm ever going to get? Basically, what is the rarity of these dragons? huh.gif

Actual trade question: What can I get for 2 chickens, 2 dinos (one green, one purple), and a 3rd gen Silver metallic stair from Halloweens (she is NOT messy and is influenced correctly)?

Do you think all those eggs/hatchies are enough to get me a Gaia Xeno? Or do I need to try and catch CB metals for one?

Also, are any of the above worth a 3G Prize (common or uncommon line, I don't care)?

Sorry for so many questions. I just don't know what to do. I've tried everything to get a CB Gaia, including camping the Jungle for 9 hours straight and spamming refresh constantly, and nothing works. sad.gif

Well, apparently people are willing to give a CB Gaia for a CB Blusang Hatchy. That is my experience (Happened a few days ago). I think it is more than enough to get a CB Gaia.

@Yunako

Unbreedables are hard to trade except to newer players and die hard collectors.

I think your best bet is to spend some time really looking at the trade threads.

Either find someone who collects and trades for unbreedables and ask the if they can catch a gaia for you (if you are willing to take an iou from an established player that can make it easier)

OR

find someone who often offers xenos on their trades and try to work out a trade with them. I seem to recall that their is someone looking for storm hatchies who does/did catch a lot of xenos, can't remember who though.

Those people are out there, it's just a matter of finding them, working out details, and getting the timing right.

What would be fair to ask for when trading a 3G prize stair from CB metals or other extremely rare breeds?

Also, would it be best if I just gave up on breeding stairs from my 2G x Gold and stuck to EGs? (Not perfect checkers.)

Edited by 11th

What would be fair to ask for when trading a 3G prize stair from CB metals or other extremely rare breeds?

Also, would it be best if I just gave up on breeding stairs from my 2G x Gold and stuck to EGs? (Not perfect checkers.)

With rare breeds like golds x prizes, trading is actually often less valuable because 1) not everyone wants to use a CB Metal to breed a 4g prize, as they aren't worth much (or some people might not even have said metals to begin with!) and 2) rares often breed prizes fairly often, although admittedly true metals are worse in that regard than holidays and in commons like copper/GW/Blusang. In summary, I'd trade said prizes for perhaps a bit less than the average asking price. It's prizes from commons that don't often breed shinies that are the true rares.

I haven't seen much interest in lineaged metals anymore regardless of lineage type, so stair versus even gen is mostly your preference. Stairs are easier to continue but even gens, especially checkers, are often more sought after by diehard collectors. So both even out to pretty much the same value.

With rare breeds like golds x prizes, trading is actually often less valuable because 1) not everyone wants to use a CB Metal to breed a 4g prize, as they aren't worth much (or some people might not even have said metals to begin with!) and 2) rares often breed prizes fairly often, although admittedly true metals are worse in that regard than holidays and in commons like copper/GW/Blusang. In summary, I'd trade said prizes for perhaps a bit less than the average asking price. It's prizes from commons that don't often breed shinies that are the true rares.

I haven't seen much interest in lineaged metals anymore regardless of lineage type, so stair versus even gen is mostly your preference. Stairs are easier to continue but even gens, especially checkers, are often more sought after by diehard collectors. So both even out to pretty much the same value.

I understand why they aren't as popular, but I wasn't sure just how much it would effect their value. Thank you for the estimate, though. Regarding the second question, I probably should have clarified, but I feel bad for asking about this again. |D;

I have a 2nd Gen Silver Tinsel x Gold. (Not new news, I've asked about him here a few times.) He is a rather picky breeder, regardless of mate, but I do have a few possible EG mates for him. One is a Lunar Herald from alt, but I can only use her every two to three weeks when the colors are right. The rest of the time, though, I'm not sure if it's worth it to breed him to a CB Gold or something else. ("Something else" being a 2G Gold x Lumina at the moment, but I'm open to other ideas.)

I understand why they aren't as popular, but I wasn't sure just how much it would effect their value. Thank you for the estimate, though. Regarding the second question, I probably should have clarified, but I feel bad for asking about this again. |D;

I have a 2nd Gen Silver Tinsel x Gold. (Not new news, I've asked about him here a few times.) He is a rather picky breeder, regardless of mate, but I do have a few possible EG mates for him. One is a Lunar Herald from alt, but I can only use her every two to three weeks when the colors are right. The rest of the time, though, I'm not sure if it's worth it to breed him to a CB Gold or something else. ("Something else" being a 2G Gold x Lumina at the moment, but I'm open to other ideas.)

I 'think' you would be better off breeding it with a cb gold for a stairstep.

It's a hard line to continue, but I think it would be even harder to find someone who could carry on an even gen line like that. Maybe other 2g prize owners and people who collect unusual lineages for the novelty maybe?

My two cents worth.

I have a brass tin x gold line, and when I've traded a 3g from it, I haven't noticed any difficulty in trading or "penalty" for the rarer mate relative to other 3gs (from 'usual' mates like blusang, thunder). In fact, I seem to recall a couple of times when I had two-three 3gs up for trade and it was the first to get offers, which surprised me (but maybe it has to do with rarity of the CB prize... though I don't think it's all THAT rare.)

That said, I breed him much more rarely than my other prizes, because what you can get for a 3g these days (of the things I'm interested in, anyway) is not really worth tying up a CB gold for me.

I haven't tried in a while, and never with a 3g, but I haven't seen much interest in non-checker even-gen prizes. Maybe if you bred him with a 2g PB gold, if you have an extra female like that? But I do think a stair is going to be the most "tradeable" option.

Is there a chance to get 2G Silver from Holiday for a Gold like this? I know, it's not perfect, but still nice EG...

IMO, not very likely

It's got two nice checkers that make up the gold

But it itself is not a checker, and in my eyes, it's not worth a 2nd gen silver, maybe if it was a full checker it would be

Is there a chance to get 2G Silver from Holiday for a Gold like this? I know, it's not perfect, but still nice EG...

It depends entirely on who sees it. I'd give you one for it - especially if a silver x something else would be OK - but I am locked for HOURS and I bred all my silver ladies yesterday... I do have three males who could...

But as I say - it so much depends. That one IS pretty biggrin.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

What exactly are 2ndGen Tinselkins worth these days? I'm looking for a mate for him and I've seen people asking for anything from CB metals to higher-gen Prizes and it just seems like a pretty big leap in trading value.

What can I get for a CB Tan Ridgewing? I'm willing to hatch and influence her, so basically, what can I get for a tan ridgewing HATCHLING?

I'm looking for several CB Balloon hatchies (male/female mix)..do you think asking for several Balloon hatchies would be worth a Tan Ridgewing?

I'm pretty sure I can't get a Gaia Xeno out of it, and that's the only other thing I want (besides a tinsel). laugh.gif

What can I get for a CB Tan Ridgewing? I'm willing to hatch and influence her, so basically, what can I get for a tan ridgewing HATCHLING?

I'm looking for several CB Balloon hatchies (male/female mix)..do you think asking for several Balloon hatchies would be worth a Tan Ridgewing?

I'm pretty sure I can't get a Gaia Xeno out of it, and that's the only other thing I want (besides a tinsel). laugh.gif

I wouldn't pay SEVERAL hatchies of any kind for it. Four would be my absolute MAX (balloons aren't that easy to find CB at the moment. Probably because of my grandson, who hoards balloons xd.png)

Or, indeed, a Gaia. Tans aren't that hard to come by, and having it influenced and hatched - well, I can do that myself.

I wouldn't pay SEVERAL hatchies of any kind for it. Four would be my absolute MAX (balloons aren't that easy to find CB at the moment. Probably because of my grandson, who hoards balloons xd.png)

Or, indeed, a Gaia. Tans aren't that hard to come by, and having it influenced and hatched - well, I can do that myself.

Okay, thanks. Was just wondering about the value of it. Ridgewings tend to change in value for some reason. Sometimes I actually can get a Xeno out of one, other times all I get are common hatchie offers.

Okay, thanks. Was just wondering about the value of it. Ridgewings tend to change in value for some reason. Sometimes I actually can get a Xeno out of one, other times all I get are common hatchie offers.

Well as I said somewhere else - it's all about who sees what and what they want at the time. I have received some remarkable things for grey hatchies this week xd.png

What exactly are 2ndGen Tinselkins worth these days? I'm looking for a mate for him and I've seen people asking for anything from CB metals to higher-gen Prizes and it just seems like a pretty big leap in trading value.

I can't speak for all, of course, but I would think a tinselkin like the one you're looking for might be worth a lot. It might take a number of tries to get a metal from that pair, and that would tie up both the prize and CB metal for who knows how long.

Again, this is just me, but I tend to think of trading tinselkins in two ways: the ones I get from a pair I'm breeding anyway go pretty cheap, while the ones I'm asked to deliberately breed for (and therefore use up a breeding week) go for more- especially when the kin is uncommon/rare.

Would it be unreasonable to ask for a Chicken for a 3G prize?(Lineage)

Unreasonable!?!? I would take it on the spot

Only if I did not abandon my chicken.

I'm trying to get a 3G Prize WITH a Chicken! I don't think that's unreasonable at all. laugh.gif

I've been wondering about the consequences of not having a raffle this year. Did anything change? So far, looking at the time that the offers stay on and at what the breeders ask for, 4th Gen Prizes still look worthless, 3rd Gen Prizes are barely worth a Copper and 2nd Gen Prizes aren't worth more than one or two CB Golds. Business as usual. Did you guys notice any significant trading market changes?

I've been wondering about the consequences of not having a raffle this year. Did anything change? So far, looking at the time that the offers stay on and at what the breeders ask for, 4th Gen Prizes still look worthless, 3rd Gen Prizes are barely worth a Copper and 2nd Gen Prizes aren't worth more than one or two CB Golds. Business as usual. Did you guys notice any significant trading market changes?

I don't think there are any noticeable changes yet. As time goes on, CB prize owners will stop playing and the remaining CBs will become scarcer, making 2g prizes more expensive and eventually trickling down to make 3gs more expensive as well. It's likely to take a while, though; we're seeing a similar effect with older CB Holidays, but not recent ones.

If anything, I would argue the biggest impact is a lack of change in the market. Right after the raffle last year, 2g prizes from commons were obtainable. I think we've reached the point where CB prizes have full lists and are breeding slowly due to breeding x common, meaning more available 2gs are from uncommons/rares/holidays. A new infusion of CB blood would allow more 2gs from commons.

Would it be possible to get a 3rd gen tinsel with 2 CB Xeno hatchies (Chrono and Astrapi) or two Chicken hatchies? Or is that too low an offer? Should I offer another CB Xeno, like a Thalassa or another unbreedable like a Dino? Or a CB Blusang?

Would it be possible to get a 3rd gen tinsel with 2 CB Xeno hatchies (Chrono and Astrapi) or two Chicken hatchies? Or is that too low an offer? Should I offer another CB Xeno, like a Thalassa or another unbreedable like a Dino? Or a CB Blusang?

As I have said many times (this thread amuses me !) Depends who sees your trade. I can't do one - but if I could - I would be happy with 2 Xenos.