Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

So, I have no idea how many hatchlings = what nowadays.

Say I have a 3g checker lineaged prize. Would 4 CB influenced common hatchlings be an appropriate "want?"

(I don't really care if I asked too little, because I try to ask for what I need, not what I can get. But if it is too much, I'd like to readjust that.)

In my experience that should work out quite well, I think you should be able to get about double the amount if you'd like to, but if you are happy with 4 that should be no problem at all.

Say I have a 3g checker lineaged prize. Would 4 CB influenced common hatchlings be an appropriate "want?"

(I don't really care if I asked too little, because I try to ask for what I need, not what I can get. But if it is too much, I'd like to readjust that.)

Do you have a specific breed in mind? Or do you just ask for any four CB hatchies?

But either way, in my opnion, it is not too much at all.

Thanks NightEagle and Ewi122! Glad I wasn't accidentally a jerk with my deal smile.gif

Yeah, I'm asking for 2 specific breeds with specific genders, but they're pretty much caveblockers. However, whenever I go to find them, there aren't any in the cave! Funny how that works, huh. Also, I'm too lazy to hatch them.

That's a good deal! Especially if you give IOUs since there is a low chance of someone having exactly what you want at the time of trade.

What's a 2g gold shimmer from male gold worth. It is not influenced. Should I keep? Can you get a CB gold with a 3rd gen from this line?

Edited by Tango

What's a 2g gold shimmer from male gold worth. It is not influenced. Should I keep? Can you get a CB gold with a 3rd gen from this line?

The 2nd Gen Shimmer is worth around 2 CB Golds. An hatchie that genders correctly is more valuable than one that doesn't.

I don't think you can get a CB Gold with a 3rd Gen shimmer, probably you can't get a CB Silver either.

The 2nd Gen Shimmer is worth around 2 CB Golds. An hatchie that genders correctly is more valuable than one that doesn't.

I don't think you can get a CB Gold with a 3rd Gen shimmer, probably you can't get a CB Silver either.

Do you think it is easier to get a GOLD or a 2g prize? If you have a CB gold do you have a good chance of getting a 2g prize? Is my line rare at all?

Not rare. It is a 2011 line, look how many descents it has.

So would it be worth 2 Dinos and a Paper or not?

And if a 4th gen were to be bred from it would it be worth anything?

Honestly I'm just not sure whether I should trade it. It's parent is gold so eggs are always going to be super rare from it. Maybe I will wait till it genders? I do need another gold and pink totals though.

So would it be worth 2 Dinos and a Paper or not?

And if a 4th gen were to be bred from it would it be worth anything?

Yes, I think it would be. But take in consideration that I'n not a fan of unbreedables so my opinion could be a tiny bit biased.

A 4th Gen would get you a few CB hatchies, maybe a couple of BSA.

Edited by SullenCat

Honestly I'm just not sure whether I should trade it. It's parent is gold so eggs are always going to be super rare from it. Maybe I will wait till it genders? I do need another gold and pink totals though.

See, there's a catch 22 there. With a Gold parent, the chances of getting an egg are lower than would be with a common parent: Shimmers are rare, Golds are rare. Furthermore, not many people would be able to continue the line.

Personally I would not trade it, worst case scenario you breed a spiral. Just do not expect a high ROI.

See, there's a catch 22 there. With a Gold parent, the chances of getting an egg are lower than would be with a common parent: Shimmers are rare, Golds are rare. Furthermore, not many people would be able to continue the line.

Personally I would not trade it, worst case scenario you breed a spiral. Just do not expect a high ROI.

What is Roi?

What is Roi?

My apologies. It means Return On Investment. As in: you "invested" to acquire that 2G, the "Return" is what you would get from trading 3G.

Edited by SullenCat

My apologies. It means Return On Investment. As in: you "invested" to acquire that 2G, the return is what you would get from trading 3G.

No worries I'm still learning the lingo, I invested a brown copper and three xenos. It's more that I really want a gold. I don't care for shimmers much. I was thinking about making some neglecteds which I could try and trade for a gold. I will have to consider. Thanks for all your help! smile.gif

I'm trying to trade 2 Green Coppers. Is a 3rd gen tinsel from a non-rare line that I already have worth it? I got several messages from several people offering tinsels from lines that I already have, but they're 3rd gen. It means I can produce 4th gen tinsels, but...I'm not sure I could ever trade those for anything but perhaps some Stripes or a low-tier Xeno if I'm lucky. huh.gif

3g Tinsels have declined a lot in worth. They can still unexpectedly go for CB Silvers every now and then (I asked for a few 2g commons from older Holidays today in return for a 3g Gold Tinsel, and got a surprise offer of a CB Silver, which I cheerfully accepted), but it's far from common--a CB Copper or two is a far more standard rate of trade. So if you traded for the prizes, yes, your chances of getting much back out of it are pretty low. I'd suggest holding out until you get a line you're really interested in, since then even if the 4gs aren't worth much at least you'll enjoy having a pretty 3g. (Or maybe you'll get a non-prize offer that you want more anyway smile.gif)

3g Tinsels have declined a lot in worth. They can still unexpectedly go for CB Silvers every now and then (I asked for a few 2g commons from older Holidays today in return for a 3g Gold Tinsel, and got a surprise offer of a CB Silver, which I cheerfully accepted), but it's far from common--a CB Copper or two is a far more standard rate of trade. So if you traded for the prizes, yes, your chances of getting much back out of it are pretty low. I'd suggest holding out until you get a line you're really interested in, since then even if the 4gs aren't worth much at least you'll enjoy having a pretty 3g. (Or maybe you'll get a non-prize offer that you want more anyway smile.gif)

Thanks. The only non-prize I'm interested in right now is CB Gaia Xeno or a CB female silver (to replace a refused mating...from my only male CB silver).

Got some Blusangs as well. I'm assuming they're not worth much anymore either. Haven't got a single offer on them.

I'm trying to trade 2 Green Coppers. Is a 3rd gen tinsel from a non-rare line that I already have worth it? I got several messages from several people offering tinsels from lines that I already have, but they're 3rd gen. It means I can produce 4th gen tinsels, but...I'm not sure I could ever trade those for anything but perhaps some Stripes or a low-tier Xeno if I'm lucky. huh.gif

If you're talking about two CB Green Coppers, I would advise against trading them for a 3G prize. One CB Green Copper for one 3G Prize would be closer. And... check how many descendants the original CB Prize has on the 2nd and 3rd generations before accepting rarity claims smile.gif

If you're talking about two CB Green Coppers, I would advise against trading them for a 3G prize. One CB Green Copper for one 3G Prize would be closer. And... check how many descendants the original CB Prize has on the 2nd and 3rd generations before accepting rarity claims smile.gif

Thanks, and thanks to Pandalf. I just...well, I don't LIKE Coppers. I love tinsels, even super messy inbred ones (as long as I can freeze them as adorable hatchies). I'm actually trying to find a unique shimmer (prefer bronze, since I have only 4 Bronze shimmers). I usually try to trade for stuff I WANT rather than what's worth the most, but I'm not giving away 2 CB metals (even though they're coppers) for some commons. Unless they're hatchlings, and pinks/reds. I would love a lot of pinks/reds.

Questions what are 2G Alt PB worth? Are they tradable 1:1 for each other or each valued differently? Specifically for 2G PB Alt Vines, Undine, Black?

Questions what are 2G Alt PB worth? Are they tradable 1:1 for each other or each valued differently? Specifically for 2G PB Alt Vines, Undine, Black?

Black alts are worth most, vines a bit after them, undines the lowest.

I caught a CB red Copper (alpine), and my shopping list is as follows:

1. CB Gold or Neglected

2. Alt Black (2g PB if poss)

3. Xeno or Prize Checker

4. Love BSAs, GWs

5. Like pretty checkers smile.gif Need 2G Gold, GW or Nhiostrife from rosebud for checkers

6. Clean lineaged BSA, male cloud, cb waterwalkers

What could I reasonably expect to get? Thanks in advance!

Mirhana, anything starting from your 3rd spot shall be expected.

Golds and alts blacks are pretty rare, so I wouldn't hope for these.