Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Lately, you can't even trade CB Coppers for Gaias, let alone Trios.

I think you have to have a CB silver/gold to trade for one. dry.gif

Gr8, are Gaias the new Almandine? Now I regret trading one of my Gaias for a Trio. I regret not joining DC earlier.

What are Red Dinos, Green Dinos, Papers, and Cheeses worth?

I can't get a bite on any of my trades and I'm starting to wonder if what I'm asking for is too much. (2g V-day Dragon IOUs, Xenowyrms, Red Dragon Hatchlings, Storm Dragon Hatchlings, Metallics... etc.)

Just speculating, but you're probably looking for 2nd gen IOU's from older valentine releases? Might just be the case that most users who have older valentine caveborns already have their fill of unbreedables - after all, you can't do anything with them. A lot of us only collect one set of those. I even released an adult dino that grew up due to me not freezing it in time, because I already had an adult and didn't want more than one xd.png

Same about metallics - those who can breed low-gen metals probably simply have their set of dinos already.

I have traded unbreedables for xenos 1:1 during and after the lunar herald release, when xenos were more common. Even then, I had the impression that xenos were worth slightly more than unbreedables - I usually traded an unbreedable hatchie for a high-time xeno egg. Xenos have become rarer since then, so I think asking a xeno for a dino/paper/cheese is just too much. If you don't get bites anyway, maybe try offering 2 for one xeno?

Trading for specific hatchies often turns out to be hard, as people usually don't have multiples of one breed on hand. I have failed to trade a cb blusang for 2 cb pygmy (any species) hatchies just this week, and don't get bites on my red dino right now (also asking for 2 random cb pygmy hatchies). I think it helps to clearly point out that you accept IOU's, if you do. If I ask for random cb hatchies, I usually quickly get offers on my unbreedable trade fodder.

In regards to the Xeno worth discussion I'd say they aren't that rare. They're probably a bit more common then Coppers; current price discrepancies are likely due to people still trying to stock up on Xenos while most people already have lots of Coppers.

Personally I was able to trade for 11 CB Xenos this week, getting 2 for 2g Golds, 1 for 3GS from Spriter's Alts and 1 for a couple holiday kin

Just speculating, but you're probably looking for 2nd gen IOU's from older valentine releases? Might just be the case that most users who have older valentine caveborns already have their fill of unbreedables - after all, you can't do anything with them. A lot of us only collect one set of those. I even released an adult dino that grew up due to me not freezing it in time, because I already had an adult and didn't want more than one xd.png

Same about metallics - those who can breed low-gen metals probably simply have their set of dinos already.

I have traded unbreedables for xenos 1:1 during and after the lunar herald release, when xenos were more common. Even then, I had the impression that xenos were worth slightly more than unbreedables - I usually traded an unbreedable hatchie for a high-time xeno egg. Xenos have become rarer since then, so I think asking a xeno for a dino/paper/cheese is just too much. If you don't get bites anyway, maybe try offering 2 for one xeno?

Trading for specific hatchies often turns out to be hard, as people usually don't have multiples of one breed on hand. I have failed to trade a cb blusang for 2 cb pygmy (any species) hatchies just this week, and don't get bites on my red dino right now (also asking for 2 random cb pygmy hatchies). I think it helps to clearly point out that you accept IOU's, if you do. If I ask for random cb hatchies, I usually quickly get offers on my unbreedable trade fodder.

Okay thanks!

I am actually just looking for ANY of the Valentine's Day dragons.

I've pointed that I accept ious though and that's the trouble I'm having >w<

Okay thanks!

I am actually just looking for ANY of the Valentine's Day dragons.

I've pointed that I accept ious though and that's the trouble I'm having >w<

Well, you got IOUs from me for some of them.

My trade question...are red and brown coppers really worth THAT much less than green ones? I have been trying to trade a red and brown copper for awhile, and no bites, except people, of course, offering random commons. If they offered pinks or stripes, fine, but I don't want inbred mints.

I'm kinda tempted.

One guy offered this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/bV4JF

for my cb ice, green gemshard, and my two golden wyverns. Should I take it?

I'll weigh in that it's certainly unique enough! You'll be able to replace those eggs, but likely not find another lineage like that. Myself I'm not sure I would unless I was going to trade it on again, but I have a thing about not taking lineages I can't ever perfectly match. But it's a pretty cool collector's piece, and who knows, you may have something you want to breed it with. smile.gif

If you're tempted, why not?

How hard is it to get a 2g from previous Valentine's Day dragons? What are they worth? Mostly looking from the 09 to the Arsani.

I know they very in worth as they get older, but what would I have to trade to get one?

How hard is it to get a 2g from previous Valentine's Day dragons? What are they worth? Mostly looking from the 09 to the Arsani.

I know they very in worth as they get older, but what would I have to trade to get one?

it depends, the only the only breeding I'm reserving for myself are my heartseekers but my arsani eggs i'll give away for free unless i see something that catches my eye.

I've caught all my 2nd gen offspring from the AP including the sweetling in my siggy, if you're looking for a specific pairing i'd put in a request in the Valentines lineage aid trade thread smile.gif

What could you get for a 2G 09 valentine? CBs specifically, coppers, silvers, golds?

What could you get for a 2G 09 valentine? CBs specifically, coppers, silvers, golds?

I doubt you could get a Silver or Gold, but you might get a few CB Coppers.

The key is to offer the breeding with choice of mate wink.gif

It's really going to depend on how many people still have unpromised 09 Valentines. I've had people take 1:1 Xeno trades though, usually one of the rarer Xeno biomes. Depending on the mate and whether there's less people/09s available closer to Valentines, maybe stretch to a copper or two...

Having said that, I was given to expect that I would need at least 2+ coppers for 2g Yulebucks over Christmas and ended up also getting them 1:1 for Xenos or gifted. And yet I also had someone who wanted multiple Coppers and something else for one. Expectations seemed to vary wildly.

I gave away 2G 09 Valentine with common pairings for a while, stopped that this week with Valentine day coming so close, in hopes to trade them for rares since technically their value has temporary increased.

My question to the thread:

How many Lineaged Greys are CB Green & Red Coppers worth?

I learned that there was offer of 20 Lineaged Greys for a CB Almandine, is that crazy overpriced or fair???

I gave away 2G 09 Valentine with common pairings for a while, stopped that this week with Valentine day coming so close, in hopes to trade them for rares since technically their value has temporary increased.

I learned that there was offer of 20 Lineaged Greys for a CB Almandine, is that crazy overpriced or fair???

I would do 10-15 commons for a copper or an almandine, but thats me, cbs are better but if they ask for lineaged, id say 15 would be a decent amount, but of course thats my opinion

I would go by how often see something in the cave + the rate of demand its at and go by that

20 is a bit ridiculous if they want them hatched

Im curious to see how some others view that so i can gauge some of my trades

I think that's a bit overpriced.

Maybe I'm the exception but for 20 (2nd Gens or "nice Lineages") Grey/commons you could get a second Gen Shimmer blink.gif . (At least from me)

Regarding the above^

To clarify, I meant...randomly lineaged, inbred doesn't matter, it's for the holly contest.

I guess hatching them for the trader is the important part.

Thanks for the answers above, now I have a rough idea of what to offer.

Edited by Stormypulse

Regarding the above^

To clarify, I meant...randomly lineaged, inbred doesn't matter, it's for the holly contest.

I guess hatching them for the trader is the important part.

Thanks for the answers above, now I have a rough idea of what to offer.

I believe the number should increase if the hatchlings are any lineage since Storms/Greys are not hard to obtain. The price would be more the amount and the hatchling time rather than the dragon "rarity".

Of course this only my opinion. For a CB Almandine though, I would not be surprised to see it go for 20+ since they are about as rare as CB Golds if not a little more for dropping in the cave (even if not all people consider them so). Almandines just do not seem like it because a good amount of people that were here for the release have them already.

I am not sure about the Copper trades right now (like which copper is highest rarity and etc). I think (as usual) it will depend on how much the user wants said egg/dragon. I know (after reflecting) that I have over traded before for something but honestly, I am fine with it because I truly wanted the dragon so a little time or egg slots for a bit was fine by me to trade for a "dream" breed ^^

I'm trading 1 CB Copper Egg (Any Colour) for 10 Storm Hatchlings (Any Gender/Lineage)

I view this as fair because I'm busy and cant hunt for Storms right now and I think the person I've set up the agreement with views it as fair because they cant catch Coppers (they asked I make a note of their name for future CB Coppers)

a CB Almandine for 20 Lineaged Greys, I would jump at that, I have not seen a Almandine in the cave since release day and I need them for a lineage

Which xenowyrms are still sought after? Which are not?

I have a Chrono and I am hoping it's worth a chicken but I have no idea which ones are in high demand these days.

I see a lot of wants for gaias, pyros seem to be the least popular in trades. A rough guesstimate -gaia, chrono, mageia, astrapi, pyro

I see a lot of wants for gaias, pyros seem to be the least popular in trades. A rough guesstimate -gaia, chrono, mageia, astrapi, pyro

This has to be it. I have a Chrono, 4 Mageia, an Astrapi, and 2 Pyros (most of these are also GENDERED HATCHLINGS!) and I can't get a Gaia for any of them. dry.gif