Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What is current value of CB Blusang? Can I get one for CB Magma?

I wouldn't trade a Blusang for a Magma, but that's personal preference. Some people really love certain Trios. I WOULD trade a Blusang for a CB Ice, however. I think a CB Magma might be worth a Xeno? Maybe an Astrapi or a Mageia. I don't know. I caught a CB Magma just recently, but haven't even looked for a trade yet.

I wouldn't trade a Blusang for a Magma, but that's personal preference. Some people really love certain Trios. I WOULD trade a Blusang for a CB Ice, however. I think a CB Magma might be worth a Xeno? Maybe an Astrapi or a Mageia. I don't know. I caught a CB Magma just recently, but haven't even looked for a trade yet.

I would have to agree with this assessment unless you find someone who really needs a magma or just happens to really like them. CB ices seem to have the best trading value of the trios, thunders generally the least, magmas in the middle. Blusangs tend to run around ice value unless magmas are going through a dry spell in the caves.

I never get much in the way of offers for either thunders or magmas, to be honest. Sometimes I can trade up for an ice if people are looking, or get some BSA hatchies (max of 2) for them.

What is current value of CB Blusang? Can I get one for CB Magma?

I usually trade a blusang for a cb xeno or 4 random hatchlings, and I get offers pretty quickly.

Edited to add--Since I caught a CB Blusang that I didn't need, I offered it on your Magma trade.

Edited by PrincessLucy

What is a reasonable "price" for a 2G prize? Are other 2G prizes, CB Golds, and NDs the only way to get one?

Everything on my scroll (12 Xenos, CB copper, CB Silver, 3rd gen tinsel x2) wasn't near enough. I'm just wondering if I should focus on trying to get a CB gold instead of clicking every Xeno I see. laugh.gif

What is a reasonable "price" for a 2G prize? Are other 2G prizes, CB Golds, and NDs the only way to get one?

You forgot 2nd gen Thuweds/Hollies/Spriter's alts, and obscure lineages. wink.gif

I've seen a few patterns requested:

-multiple CB metals (gold/silver), or CB Neglected

-2nd gen prize swaps

-the trio I named above

-some very specific lineage hard to recreate

-something random and simple because they want a bunch of X without having to raise them

-nothing, they're gifted (especially to players without any second gens)

You forgot 2nd gen Thuweds/Hollies/Spriter's alts, and obscure lineages. wink.gif

I've seen a few patterns requested:

-multiple CB metals (gold/silver), or CB Neglected

-2nd gen prize swaps

-the trio I named above

-some very specific lineage hard to recreate

-something random and simple because they want a bunch of X without having to raise them

-nothing, they're gifted (especially to players without any second gens)

I've never seen a gifted 2G tinsel/shimmer, and I don't have any. And you're right, I forgot about the people who ask for weird lineage continuations, Thuweds, and the random weird commons that hardly anyone raises. laugh.gif

You think I could get anything fairly decent for 2 CB Blusangs? I do not need anymore, and I'd like to get something nice out of it. Same with a CB Red Copper. I don't need it, but I don't really know what I can get for it.

Everything on my scroll (12 Xenos, CB copper, CB Silver, 3rd gen tinsel x2) wasn't near enough. I'm just wondering if I should focus on trying to get a CB gold instead of clicking every Xeno I see. laugh.gif

I've found that trading up, in general, is really difficult, especially if you have a mixed lot of things. Multiples of the same type of thing can attract a collector or someone who needs them for a lineage project. A hodgepodge of things isn't likely to work that well, though. I know what some people do is trade up slowly. Maybe trade some xenos for CB coppers, collect enough CB coppers to trade up for some CB silvers, collect enough CB silvers to trade up for some CB golds. Then if what you has gets close to aging up, trade it for an egg (i.e. swap your CB hatchie for a CB egg) so you always have some on your scroll ready to trade up when you get a chance.

The other problem with bulk offers like that is that you have to find a prize owner who wants or needs those specific things. 3rd gens aren't really that interesting (usually) to a CB prize owner because they have a CB prize and can easily do 3rd gen swaps of their own. Most prize owners have a ton of the more common rares like xenos and coppers, so unless they are collectors, you're not likely to get much interest.

Honestly, for 2nd gen prizes, the best thing is usually to see what the individual prize owners are looking for and try to work something out rather than collect things and offer them for a 2G prize. Other than 2G hollies, 2G prizes are the rarest things in game. So prize owners who have had their prizes for more than a short while nearly always have tons of everything CB. However, they might want lineages or a big order of hatchies, things like that. If you can customize what you have to what a specific prize owner is looking for (usually arranged via PM), you'll be in a lot better shape. smile.gif

Wow, I got my Blusang for a Magma pretty fast. smile.gif Maybe I'm just lucky, and someone with a Blusang wanted Magma at the moment.

Wow, I got my Blusang for a Magma pretty fast. smile.gif Maybe I'm just lucky, and someone with a Blusang wanted Magma at the moment.

No, that was just me. I saw you wanted a blusang, and I caught one that I didn't need. I am trading the magma for 2 hatchlings or 1 ER hatchling, as I am close to being locked.

------------------------

Funny thing, as far as Xenos go, I had no bites on my CB Mageia, but my pyro and chrono went quickly for 4 hatchlings each. No market for Mageias anymore? It is even a Z code, and no bites.

No, that was just me. I saw you wanted a blusang, and I caught one that I didn't need. I am trading the magma for 2 hatchlings or 1 ER hatchling, as I am close to being locked.

Oh, thank you then!

Funny thing, as far as Xenos go, I had no bites on my CB Mageia, but my pyro and chrono went quickly for 4 hatchlings each. No market for Mageias anymore? It is even a Z code, and no bites.

You may find more luck if you post it in the Z-Coded Breeding Thread (if you haven't already) and just ask for a few hatchlings.

I traded a Blusang for 4 xeno eggs. I think the person overpaid, but she said she wanted a Blusang really bad and didn't like Xenos, so I got a good deal. Now I just need to free up some space so I can take all the Xenos and get rid of the Blusang.

What can I get for CB Golden Wyvern? Are they rare? I do not see many of them in the cave, but I don't see many people asking for them too, so I am not sure.

I was looking for silver Lunars today, but stick with this one...

What can I get for CB Golden Wyvern? Are they rare? I do not see many of them in the cave, but I don't see many people asking for them too, so I am not sure.

I was looking for silver Lunars today, but stick with this one...

I'm sure you could get a Lunar Herald out of it, at least. I know I'd rather have a GW than a Lunar (not because I like them less, but because I have a ton). Maybe a lower-priority Xeno, like Pyro or Mageia? Not sure. Low-gen metal maybe?

Honestly, for 2nd gen prizes, the best thing is usually to see what the individual prize owners are looking for and try to work something out rather than collect things and offer them for a 2G prize. Other than 2G hollies, 2G prizes are the rarest things in game. So prize owners who have had their prizes for more than a short while nearly always have tons of everything CB. However, they might want lineages or a big order of hatchies, things like that. If you can customize what you have to what a specific prize owner is looking for (usually arranged via PM), you'll be in a lot better shape. smile.gif

I can't speak for others, but this is true for me. Stacks of CB rares are nice and all, but, well, how many do I need? I have 2 CB pairs of metals apiece, and that's fine- if I want to build rare lineages, I often trade for them anyway.

The real problem (again, for me, but perhaps not others) is that I am trying to keep my iou list pretty small. There are plenty of "cheap" deals I'd love to make for 2g prizes, mostly ones that involve building common lineages, or hatching commons. But it can take forever to fulfill an iou! So I don't make many, and generally keep my list closed.

I've never seen a gifted 2G tinsel/shimmer, and I don't have any.

It does happen. I've seen maybe 6-7 openly given away to the public over the past year, through raffle or the departure thread. 2 of which now happily sit on my scroll. It's just a matter of right place right time.

My question, what are 2nd gen avatars worth? I've never tried trading for any before. What kinds of things should I offer? I need specific lineages for a checker.

It does happen. I've seen maybe 6-7 openly given away to the public over the past year, through raffle or the departure thread. 2 of which now happily sit on my scroll. It's just a matter of right place right time.

My question, what are 2nd gen avatars worth? I've never tried trading for any before. What kinds of things should I offer? I need specific lineages for a checker.

I also have a 2nd gen I got from a raffle, and another one I got gifted as a mate for a dragon I had in my signature. Never would have expected to get it as a gift and hoped that some kind prize owner would let me trade with hoards of hatchies for it - some users are just really generous!

2nd gen avatars: I'd try posting stuff like pretty metal checkers, uncommon hatchies or a bunch of BSA hatchies for trade. Usually all it takes is a note in your signature or a post in a breeding thread, really - a lot of users breed them for free (me included, feel free to pm me), at least if it's not a recently released blocker breed that you want as the non-GoN parent.

I get really scared when I try to talk to 2G prize traders. Some are super nice, but a lot act like they're so much better than everyone else and will take nothing less than an ND or a CB Gold, and I've had several (I will not name names) laugh at my offer and call it stupid and ask how such a 'noob' could think they would ever trade a 2G prize for anything but a CB Gold. Seriously? I'm 15 years old and even I think calling someone a 'noob' (especially someone with a gold trophy and all 3 of their GoNs) is really immature.

This may not be the place for this, but it IS sort of a question about a trade. Can I report someone for insulting me like that or should I just put them on ignore and forget about it? I just don't think they should be allowed to get away with that, 2G prize or not. They aren't better than anyone, they just got lucky.

Okay, general worth of a cheese? I know they aren't worth...well, much of anything, but perhaps one is worth a CB Stripe or two?

I have a difficult time getting rid of unbreedables and end up gifting them, but...this poor cheese has been through the ringer. I just abandoned it about 5 days ago, saw a cheese hatchie in the AP, picked it up, it was the same one I abandoned. Maybe it's telling me to keep it?

This may not be the place for this, but it IS sort of a question about a trade. Can I report someone for insulting me like that or should I just put them on ignore and forget about it? I just don't think they should be allowed to get away with that, 2G prize or not. They aren't better than anyone, they just got lucky.

I would, trade harassment goes both ways. Also this has been my general reaction from prize owners as well, I don't even bother directly asking because most have closed lists and I'd rather not be ignored or insulted but that's just me.

For a cheese hatchie I'd ask for a CB uncommon, but that's just me. I've had fairly good luck with that or multiple cb common hatchies

I would, trade harassment goes both ways. Also this has been my general reaction from prize owners as well, I don't even bother directly asking because most have closed lists and I'd rather not be ignored or insulted but that's just me.

For a cheese hatchie I'd ask for a CB uncommon, but that's just me. I've had fairly good luck with that or multiple cb common hatchies

Thank you! Also, glad I am not the only one who has got this reaction from these people. Reporting next time. I never harass people for trades either. If they say no, I'll leave it at that unless they're really nice and offer something else from their scroll, like a super amazing person I talked to last night.

I might try to get a few CB Stripes out of the cheese. If I can't, then I know it's my destiny to keep this cheese. It found it's way back to me after going through at least 3 different people. laugh.gif

Seriously? I'm 15 years old and even I think calling someone a 'noob' (especially someone with a gold trophy and all 3 of their GoNs) is really immature.

That just made me laugh laugh.gif

But yes, I would also report them.

About the cheese: If I trade off unbreedables I usually ask for "multiple random cb hatchies" and see what I get, that usually works well. Asking for specific stuff might work, but especially so close to valentine breeding with everyone busy with preparations, I wouldn't count on it. In terms of value, I'd say 1-2 cb stripes is fair. Problem is finding someone who has those at hand, and is looking for a cheese at the same time.

Edit: lol, ninja.gif 'd

Edited by Ha-Ki

This may not be the place for this, but it IS sort of a question about a trade. Can I report someone for insulting me like that or should I just put them on ignore and forget about it?

I'd love to know what a mod would recommend. In the past, I've just blocked people who were offensive, but if something could be done, then that would be nice smile.gif

I'd love to know what a mod would recommend. In the past, I've just blocked people who were offensive, but if something could be done, then that would be nice smile.gif

World of Warcraft has an addon that allows you to block seeing anything from certain people, and it'd be nice to have a DC addon like that. The mods in World of Warcraft are more useless than the Stormtroopers that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I know Green Coppers are worth more than red/brown coppers, but how many Xenos do you think I could get out of a green copper? A few? I also have a red copper...would taking one CB Xeno (Chrono, hardest to get) be a good trade?

I know Green Coppers are worth more than red/brown coppers, but how many Xenos do you think I could get out of a green copper? A few? I also have a red copper...would taking one CB Xeno (Chrono, hardest to get) be a good trade?

I'd say, 3-4 Xenos for a green Copper and 2-3 for a red one. At least, that's what I traded them for, several times.

So, I have no idea how many hatchlings = what nowadays.

Say I have a 3g checker lineaged prize. Would 4 CB influenced common hatchlings be an appropriate "want?"

(I don't really care if I asked too little, because I try to ask for what I need, not what I can get. But if it is too much, I'd like to readjust that.)