Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

This might be a really really dumb question, but are 2g prizes really worth what everyone says? (Multiple Metallics, CB Gold (or two), Neglecteds etc.)

Just asking because the "price" decline from 2g to 3g makes me think that 2gs aren't really worth as much as people make them seem.

Plus I'm curious as I know I can never catch anything that people say they are worth to try to get myself one

This might be a really really dumb question, but are 2g prizes really worth what everyone says? (Multiple Metallics, CB Gold (or two), Neglecteds etc.)

Just asking because the "price" decline from 2g to 3g makes me think that 2gs aren't really worth as much as people make them seem.

Plus I'm curious as I know I can never catch anything that people say they are worth to try to get myself one

I know 2 CB Silvers, 3 CB Coppers, 3 CB Blusangs, and multiple xeno hatchies aren't enough to get one, so the only logical way to get one is via CB Golds, NDs, and prize swaps.

I think they should be worth what someone LIKES, not what is just worth the most. If I had a CB Prize, I'd trade the 2Gs for Xenos, Stripes, Ices, and, yes CB Silvers. Silvers are gorgeous, and should be worth more than golds (of course, some folks think golds are the greatest thing since sliced bread). NDs are just plain ugly and I think they're just a way for someone to say "hey, I'm not new, I got an ND!". I really don't know how the mind of a CB Prize owner works.

I would say what I think, but I do not wish to be rude. The few CB Prize owners that deigned to form a kind reply to any of my offers usually say, yes, while they might have what I'm offering in their list, it's their last resort. All but maybe one of them I've talked to have wanted CB Golds, NDs, or Prize swaps. The awesome prize owner (you know who you are!) I talked to said he (she?) knew a few people who would simply take a few Xenos for a 2G Prize. These people don't seem to be on the forums, much, though.

Is asking for four 2G Xenowyrms per CB Gaia / CB Chrono an okay deal? Or am I asking way too much? I also accept blue line in my signature... if that makes a difference. smile.gif

Is asking for four 2G Xenowyrms per CB Gaia / CB Chrono an okay deal? Or am I asking way too much? I also accept blue line in my signature... if that makes a difference. smile.gif

To me that would be a great deal and a perfect price. I don't think that is asking too much in my opinion, but others could think differently. Then again it could depend on the mate as well. Asking for a Xeno from a rarer breed could make it a little too much.

Like I said I'm not sure. Being someone who has multiple CB Xenos that would be a trade I would jump right to make an offer on, and it doesn't seem like asking too much.

Edited by Clya

The trick here is, in my oppinion, that people wishing to devote time and eggslots to breed 4 2nd gens for you simply may not have CB Xenos smile.gif

I would have to agree with Yunako mentioned already about some prize owners wanting higher value trades than others. I believe it truly has to do with what the owner wants in the end.

I am not a prize owner, so I would not know for sure. But I do believe it depends on each owner. I have met a few that want a couple of CB silvers or Almandines or a combo. Which are not too difficult (ok, maybe the Almandines), or lineages that they cannot breed on their own or some very little or nothing in return.

Some I have seen want 2 CB Golds (which I understand to be the new? value, though I am not sure). Personally, I do not not know if I would trade 2 CB Golds for a 2G prize, I feel like that is a bit "over priced". I think it would depend if the 2G was a prize that I was seeking for a while/ really really wanted and if I was allowed to choose any mate.

If I was a prize owner (oh, the dreams~ ^^), I would not really seek CB metals. Maybe a ND since I have none but not sure what I would trade for. I would probably look for nice lineages that I would not be able to breed myself but could continue the line.

To me that would be a great deal and a perfect price. I don't think that is asking too much in my opinion, but others could think differently. Then again it could depend on the mate as well. Asking for a Xeno from a rarer breed could make it a little too much.

Like I said I'm not sure. Being someone who has multiple CB Xenos that would be a trade I would jump right to make an offer on, and it doesn't seem like asking too much.

Ah, okay. I tried to create a huge list that had a lot of options on it. Though I'd accept almost any pairing as long as it looked nice, you know?

The trick here is, in my oppinion, that people wishing to devote time and eggslots to breed 4 2nd gens for you simply may not have CB Xenos smile.gif

There's a good point too! I understand some people who are looking for CBs might not have a lot of them to breed so to speak. Thanks for making me think a little! smile.gif

I feel like four is a bit much just for one CB Gaia or Chrono. If it is someone seeking CB Xenos, they may not have CB Xenos to make the pairings.

If they have CB xenos already, they may just look for a trade that is less.

Maybe 2 2G Xenos (three if they are willing), four just seems like a hefty chunk.

I feel like four is a bit much just for one CB Gaia or Chrono. If it is someone seeking CB Xenos, they may not have CB Xenos to make the pairings.

If they have CB xenos already, they may just look for a trade that is less.

Maybe 2 2G Xenos (three if they are willing), four just seems like a hefty chunk.

I'll try and work with each person. I don't give a definite amount in my trade posts, but rather I say the amount is negotiable. I just won't settle for 1, of course. smile.gif I've had quite a few people offer four, so that's why I'm asking if it's an okay deal. I'll still try and work with people so we're both happy. biggrin.gif

I'll try and work with each person. I don't give a definite amount in my trade posts, but rather I say the amount is negotiable. I just won't settle for 1, of course. smile.gif I've had quite a few people offer four, so that's why I'm asking if it's an okay deal. I'll still try and work with people so we're both happy. biggrin.gif

Ah I see, well if the person is willing to trade that much. Then it is honestly fine, if it something they want I think people tend to trade whatever they can for it ^^

Or that is how I would be.

Ah I see, well if the person is willing to trade that much. Then it is honestly fine, if it something they want I think people tend to trade whatever they can for it ^^

Or that is how I would be.

Indeed! I even made a deal with someone that I'd get them 2 CBs and I'd take the offspring of those CBs when they grew up. I'm a workable person when it comes to trades. xd.png

Alright, enough of me blabbing in this thread. smile.gif Thanks, guys and gals!

How much is a 3G prize worth? It's the only one from its lineage.

I have four higher gen Prize dragon lines (if you are really curious I guess you could take a peek at my scroll)

Is asking for 2-4 hatchlings for all four, or any generation Storm/Red Hatchlings too much or too little or...?

I have four higher gen Prize dragon lines (if you are really curious I guess you could take a peek at my scroll)

Is asking for 2-4 hatchlings for all four, or any generation Storm/Red Hatchlings too much or too little or...?

For people who like tinsels, a couple hatchies would be great for all of them. If I had egg room, I'd offer you some hatchies. I like tinsels, no matter their lineage (of course, lower the better, but even the inbred ones will find a home with me).

Sorry, double post. Just...I have to ask this.

Is a 3G Prize REALLY worth a CB Gold? I saw a few people in the Prize thread wanting one of these for a 3G Prize. I got almost all of my 3G Prizes via Xenos/Copper/blusang or outright gifts/Departure thread luck.

2G, totally understand...but 3G? Really? I can get a CB Gold from it? Cool! I have two I can trade right now if this is true. huh.gifxd.png

Is a 3G Prize REALLY worth a CB Gold? I saw a few people in the Prize thread wanting one of these for a 3G Prize. I got almost all of my 3G Prizes via Xenos/Copper/blusang or outright gifts/Departure thread luck.

2G, totally understand...but 3G? Really? I can get a CB Gold from it? Cool! I have two I can trade right now if this is true. huh.gifxd.png

I think that will depend on the line, considering I have seen 2G tinsels go for 2 CB Golds. Maybe the value of 3Gs went up? But I believe that is only for rarer lines or less common lines (either CB Tinsel has not produced many tinsels or the pairing is really hard to get a tinsel from).

I could be wrong though.

I think that would be an ok trade, PROVIDED that the other person has four eggslots open. I think that would be the true difficulty!

2G, totally understand...but 3G? Really? I can get a CB Gold from it? Cool! I have two I can trade right now if this is true.  huh.gif  xd.png

Doubt it but there's always a possibility.

If there's a really rare line or one that someone been searching for a while then maybe. Seen that happen before but not many would trade for that.

2G, totally understand...but 3G? Really? I can get a CB Gold from it? Cool! I have two I can trade right now if this is true.  huh.gif  xd.png

No, it is not. In average, it is worth a CB Copper. Less, if the original CB has a lot of descendants. That does not mean that someone, feeling generous, would not offer more than the egg is worth. And does not mean that people do not ask for a CB Gold for their 3G. Heck, people offer one 3G while asking for a 2G. Everybody is free to ask for whatever they want, I just highly doubt that they get it.

Edited by SullenCat

What would a metal x metal 3G checker be worth?

I caught a very nice copper in the AP and I need a couple gemshards for a lineage project and i have no idea what i could get out of it

What would a metal x metal 3G checker be worth?

I caught a very nice copper in the AP and I need a couple gemshards for a lineage project and i have no idea what i could get out of it

I think gemshards is a reasonable asking price, it will be a matter of how many, since lineaged eggs are subjected to whether a person needs it for their lineage project, personally I have encountered no interest to 2Ggold/CB silver for mine. Might be good to ask for best offer of Gemshards, at least [insert number].

I have come to realize the trick is to provide a wide range in terms of difficulty level in your wants.

Edited by Stormypulse

4 hatchlings is one per egg. That sounds good to me.

Anyway, I am wondering how many Storm hatchies of any lineage I could get for a jungle copper?? I asked for 4 last time, but I feel like I was undervaluing it maybe..