Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

My trade post was just "I'm willing to offer anything you see in this post" for one. I really need a 3G silver tinsel that ISN'T a checker for scroll completion.

Thank you for the answer. It seems people are just wanting too much for stuff, as usual. Guess I'll wait until the "price" dies down.

And yes, both 4G gold tinsels have beautiful perfect stair lineages, so they are not at all ugly or messy. laugh.gif

Out of general curiosity, another question about the value of a chicken. What would be reasonable for a single chicken?

Hm, speaking from someone who has over paid in a trade ^^ (Honestly I was fine over paying for the trades I got because I wanted the egg a lot and fulfilled a dream/wishlist for me =D) It may not go down? Or it could be because users that can breed 3G tinsels or prizes want prize swaps specifically and any offer that is not a swap would have to be an over-offer in order to convince them to trade.

Also, say they are a prize collector so 4G gold tinsels could be in abundance for them and thus any offer with just 4G gold tinsels is not impressive enough for the user. Of course this is dependent on the user.

Personally for me, I would be interested more in the 4G gold tinsels (depending on the lineage, I would not want repeat of what I have) and CB Xenos (depending on which ones) if they were hatchlings I would take the deal x] That is because I usually always need my egg space. That is just me though.

Anyway, for a chicken, another unbreedable definitely would be fair. I do not know how often they drop but maybe a couple of uncommons? a group of commons (perhaps as hatchlings)? You might, might get a rare?

Might be able to post it and say "Offers of equal value" and then add something like "some things that would interest me are: etc etc etc" (list maybe a "I am dreaming" egg, some uncommons, just a range that would interest you).

Edited by ~X~

Hm, speaking from someone who has over paid in a trade ^^ (Honestly I was fine over paying for the trades I got because I wanted the egg a lot and fulfilled a dream/wishlist for me =D) It may not go down? Or it could be because users that can breed 3G tinsels or prizes want prize swaps specifically and any offer that is not a swap would have to be an over-offer in order to convince them to trade.

Also, say they are a prize collector so 4G gold tinsels could be in abundance for them and thus any offer with just 4G gold tinsels is not impressive enough for the user. Of course this is dependent on the user.

Personally for me, I would be interested more in the 4G gold tinsels (depending on the lineage, I would not want repeat of what I have) and CB Xenos (depending on which ones) if they were hatchlings I would the deal x] That is because I usually always need my egg space. That is just me though.

Anyway, for a chicken, another unbreedable definitely would be fair. I do not know how often they drop but maybe a couple of uncommons? a group of commons (perhaps as hatchlings)? You might, might get a rare?

Might be able to post it and say "Offers of equal value" and then add something like "some things that would interest me are: etc etc etc" (list maybe a "I am dreaming" egg, some uncommons, just a range that would interest you).

Thank you! This chicken has a day left before she grows up, and I don't really need another one, so I'd like to get something nice out of it. I think they should introduce roosters so we can breed our chickens! laugh.gif

Thank you! This chicken has a day left before she grows up, and I don't really need another one, so I'd like to get something nice out of it. I think they should introduce roosters so we can breed our chickens! laugh.gif

No problem, of course anyone is welcome to correct me if I am wrong. And that would be interesting and maybe entertaining x] But I think they will keep an unbreedable ^^

I feel like this one might be less than two hatchlings (of course anyone can correct me if I am wrong here ^^). Also, like I feel many trades depends on is the owner's wants. If they don't make vampires themselves because they don't want to risk dead eggs so trading would be an option for them.

I only say a "CB" vampire might be less than two hatchlings because "cb" vampires tend to be given away on departures thread and traded occasionally if they have a nice code or come from a good lineage.

Thanks! Good to know.

Do you think a CB Gemshard, two 4th gen gold tinsels, a chicken, and 2 CB Xenos are enough to get a 3G stair silver tinsel? Are 3G silvers super duper rare lately? I've managed to trade for/been gifted two 3G gold prizes (one shimmer, one tinsel) in the last 4 days, but I can't get a silver for the life of me. Are they rarer? I do not care whether the start of the lineage has a Spriter alt or not. Just...what's up with 3G silver tinsels being so costly, no matter the lineage (yes, even holidays are impossible to get, it seems)?

It's likely more that people just don't need what you're offering right now. Xeno prices have dropped recently (pyros value was never very high, so it depends on the xenos you offered too). Trades, in general, have been really dead, I've noticed. I haven't even gotten bites on CB coppers recently, other than really bad low offers.

I've noticed a lot of want lists being quite higher than what's being offered, offers being worth much lower than what's being offered on, and an overall lack of offers. Trades are just kind of dead. I think it's the time of year. The site tends to slow down between releases.

If I was looking for the things you offered, though, it would be a good trade for me to accept. Most people who can produce 3rd gens don't need or want 4th gen prizes unless they're lines too difficult to get as third gens. I rarely even accept 3rd gens in trade because I can breed 2nd gens. The xenos (as long as they aren't one of the less valued breeds), gemshard, and chickens, however, are a reasonable trade for a common 3rd gen line. They're worth about a CB green copper, which is what I can usually get for a 3rd gen prize. Again, bulk offers just tend to be more difficult to make because someone has to want all the things you're offering.

How many CB Xeno hatchies do you think a CB Silver is worth?

This really depends on the xeno breed. Thalassa is worth a lot more than pyro, for example. Are you trying to trade for a silver or trade a silver for xenos? The market is in the favour of the person with the silver.

Is offering 1 CB Vampire Egg for a Female Striped (Black or White) + Any Pink Hatchling reasonable?

I will be back to this thread a lot, because I am a total noob!

Vampires aren't worth that much anymore. If you have even one on your scroll, it's easy to get more. They're also given away pretty frequently. I collect vampires, but I won't accept them in trade unless they're at least incuhatchable because I can get lower time eggs and even hatchlings free in Departures thread or in the AP. That seems to be the general consensus. For a collector, low time eggs and hatchies have some value in trade. Otherwise, the only ones worth much are CBs bitten by an original release vampire.

Edited by harlequinraven

I disagree that trading in general is dead. In fact I've been doing a blistering business in trade recently. There are a lot of CB Silvers in circulation for prices that are much more reasonable than they were, say, six months ago. Yes, the value of Xenos has fallen markedly as their rarity has normalized. They were always meant to be uncommons rather than rares and their drop is heavy enough to make up for their popularity (unlike, say, Coppers - although those too are normalizing, just more slowly, hence their drop in trade value as well.)

Basically, trading itself is still very active IMO, you just have to be flexible and accept that, say, a CB Green Copper just isn't the massive value bomb it was a while ago. In short, you have to roll with the shifts in the market and adjust to them rather than trying to cling to the previously accepted values you're used to. I remember all too well when CB green copper was considered just below CB Silver and Gold in value, but at this point they've slipped to a much more rational valuation given their drop rare in the cave. It was pure popularity and relative newness driving that value bubble, and such things always pop eventually.

Almandines, on the other hand, remain extremely rare and with an overinflated value. I wonder how long that will last. Spessies have already fallen to something more reasonable due to the relative ease of finding one in Coast versus the huge amount of drops you have to wade through in the Alpine to find an Almandine.

Basically, speaking as a VERY active trader, the market is very much alive, but because it's alive it's ever-shifting and change is inevitable. Just do your best to roll with those changes. Don't hunt Xenos or Coppers as value bombs anymore because they're just not as valuable as they once were. There will be other species to take their place. Right now, like I said, CB Silver seems to be becoming more available than it has been for the past six months to a year or so, which means those of you who are high level cave hunters might want to focus on catching more silvers as value bombs instead. Alternatively, breeding is an aspect of trading that is always active, although it requires a bit more personal focus. It doesn't matter if it's December or July, I still need mates for my Holidays, for example, so at any time of year a G2 Red from Yulebuck (for example) would be very valuable to me.

In short, don't just grab or breed eggs you think are valuable and then slap them up on a thread or the Dragonmarket on EATW and wait for something to happen. Seek out people who are holding stuff you want - people making those thread posts and Dragonmarket ads, in short - and find out what they want. Then make it happen. You will get WAY more value that way, and you will also make the other person very happy too because you'll both be getting something you REALLY want rather than just accepting the best offer that comes along.

I also just want to note that Xeno value is VERY relative. To me, I'd take Astrapi or Pyro any day over Thalassa because I can catch all kinds and I just don't like Thalassa as much as Astrapi or Pyro. So if I were offering a CB Silver for Xenos, and someone came up with four Thalassas, I'd reject it because I just don't like Thalassa that much. But I might go for a set of three Xenos that was Pyro, Astrapi, and Cronos, say, since those are my three favorite Xenos. Again, keep in mind the specific person you're working with!

Edited by Lurhstaap

How many CB Xeno hatchies do you think a CB Silver is worth?

I would offer at least 2 or 3 CB Xenos for a CB Silver. If you're lucky, they'll accept just 2. Some people might want 3 or possibly 4 though.

Basically, trading itself is still very active IMO, you just have to be flexible and accept that, say, a CB Green Copper just isn't the massive value bomb it was a while ago. In short, you have to roll with the shifts in the market and adjust to them rather than trying to cling to the previously accepted values you're used to. I remember all too well when CB green copper was considered just below CB Silver and Gold in value, but at this point they've slipped to a much more rational valuation given their drop rare in the cave. It was pure popularity and relative newness driving that value bubble, and such things always pop eventually.

I'm not only talking about CB green coppers. I was just using it as an example. Silvers have been trading a lot better (for the people WANTING the silvers, less so for the people with the silvers as overall prices for everything have dropped recently), yes, but I haven't gotten much in the way of bites for much anything else. All I've been asking for is some CB hatchies (any, not specifics, as I'm getting them for a friend who started not too long ago), mates wanted, or other reasonable offers. Very large and open want list, and they've been still sitting with no offers or offers of messies (when I said bad, low value offers, I meant BAD, LOW value offers). I've been actively trading for years, constantly in the loop as well. I know very well that values shift constantly and you have to stay on top of them, which is why this thread exists. Overall trades have been relatively dead for me, no matter what I've been asking for. Perhaps you've experienced differently, and that's fine if you want to debate that particular point, but please don't assume I have no idea what I am saying or am only asking for things that are overpay for the current going price. I'm not sure you intended this, but it did come across as such. wink.gif

The trade threads also are not moving as quickly as they usually do (not including the holidays, where they always move faster), which is another point to suggest that trades, in general, are currently on the downswing overall. Usually the trade threads scroll to another page fairly quickly, but recently they've been sitting in the same page over a day in some of the more popular threads. I used to have to post every day in order to be on a current page, but in many of the threads, my offer might sit there on the last page for a day or more before it is bumped back a page. This time of year is generally a bit dead because people are gearing up to go back to school, they know there isn't likely to be a new release, etc. Less overall people perusing the trade threads means less people making offers. EATW isn't moving as fast as it does during the non-winter break months, either. Even looking at the caves, there are somewhat less than the typical amount of people sitting in the caves. There are just generally LESS people on the site and looking through the forum during the typical non-release months than there are during months we have a good chance at a release.

I mentioned that xenos have dropped a lot in price recently. That doesn't mean they might not go back up, but for the moment, the price has plummeted compared to what it recently was. That part was in possible explanation as to why they might not be getting bites on their offer of xenos (since they were specifically asking why they couldn't get any 3G silver prize offers even though offering two xenos), and in GENERAL, thalassas are worth more than pyros. Since I don't know specifically who they might be offering to or what they like, all I can do is go by generalities. Pyros have consistently been considered among the lowest valued of the xenos, so a GENERAL advice to give someone is to say it depends on the breed of xeno and wait for them to provide more information. They are going to get more bites with an offer of X number of thalassas than the same number of pyros. Clearly someone can seek out a person who collects or prefers pyros, and they are going to have a much better chance of trading pyros. However, if they are just posting a bunch of xeno hatchlings on the boards and hoping for someone to offer what they want (which is what they were doing), their best chance is to have more generally in-demand xenos on hand to offer.

I will agree that if you know someone or see someone looking for something specific, it's always best to go straight to them with your offer. However, most people don't do that, can't do that because they don't have time to search people out, or just can't find someone who is specifically looking for what they have while simultaneously able to offer what they are looking for. Overall, people are going to post what they have and hope someone bites. It's always a good use of time to see who might want what you have, but if you can/t/don't want to, your best bet is going to be to offer something that the general community finds valuable. Sure, someone might get me interested by offering a bunch of falconiform hatchies, but if they are just going to post on the forums hoping someone will offer what they want, they are much more likely to get bites by offering thalassas, coppers, silvers, golds, and other higher value dragons. Unless they know I have what they want and like falconiform hatchies, they aren't going to have much luck with a bunch of falconiform hatchies because the pool of users who would like that offer is much lower than the pool of users who would like CB rares. It's simply a matter of casting a wider net. smile.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

Don't have time for a full reply at the moment, will edit later, but I did want to quickly apologize for sounding as if I were personally criticizing you (or anyone), or in any way coming across negatively. That was definitely not my intention. It was more of a long-winded general rambling about my personal experience of trading recently and the best advice I could think of to improve one's experience as a trader that was triggered by reading your post, more than an actual comment on what you said per se. tongue.gif The difference, I concede, is very subtle, and probably more meaningful to me than anyone else, but nevertheless that's what was in my mind and I don't want to upset or offend anyone unintentionally so I felt I should apologize. More later!

EDIT: And on a semi-unrelated note, what are CB Tan Ridgewings going for right now? I picked one up while looking for other stuff and I don't particularly need it, but last time I tried to trade one there was zero interest (even with an open 'just offer' rather than specific requests) so I'm wondering if it's worth the time to throw it up.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Trades, if not dead, are moribund. Everything is slow and I'm not surprised: there's nothing going on between the Holidays and Valentine's day. There's nothing going on (other than Halloweens, Holidays and Valentines) between September and March. People know that and they take a break, this is hiatus ideal time. Look at the biomes, there are so few people there. Look at the AP, barely 35. With those numbers, it is surprising that there are still some trades going on.

Thanks for the replies about my trade question and the long explanation about slow trading, even though that wasn't my question, it explains a lot.

In other news, what would a 2nd gen Magma be worth? It has an Ice mother, so both parents are trios.

What would a 2nd gen PB curled Alt Black be worth? Is ist possible to get a CB Metal or even a 2nd-3rd gen Prize for it?

Edited by Yeronoco

No one answered my 2nd gen Magma worth question, but I'll just ask it with this question.

2nd gen Magma from Ice mommy worth?

Also, what's the worth on a CB Brown Copper? Is it possible to get a 3rd gen tinsel (silver) out of it? Or is it mostly around the same worth as Xenowyrms? I see varying trades with coppers, so I'm not sure. Some people actually want CB silver/golds for their coppers, but others just want a random offer of Xenos. huh.gif

What should I ask for (and expect to get) for a CB Almandine?

Are Lunar Heralds from the Alpine less common than their Desert or Volcano counterparts? And if so, what can I trade for an Alpine Lunar Herald?

What could I get for a paper hatchling? I just want to finish my Xeno and Gemshard collecting but I'm having some trouble ;;

I'm pretty sure someone would trade a Gemshard for the Paper, for sure. I know I would. I currently have a CB Gemshard that'd I happily trade for a Paper, in fact. I have like 2 Papers and a bajillion Gemshards. I'm not sure about Xenos. I'd rather have CERTAIN Xenos over Papers, like Gaea and Magae, but I'd happily trade a Pyro Xeno for a Paper (really hate Pyros).

I think when it comes to unbreedables it just depends on what people want. I was unable to trade a chicken due to it just not being in demand. Sometimes unbreedables are coveted, sometimes you can't give them away. dry.gif

What could I get for a paper hatchling? I just want to finish my Xeno and Gemshard collecting but I'm having some trouble ;;

Unbreedables in general (not counting Neglected obviously) are very dependent on whether or not someone is currently looking for them and what they can afford/are willing to pay.

Some people enjoy collecting specific Unbreedables, some want them for Scroll completion, some people don't collect them at all, be it because they don't like the sprite or don't like the fact that they can't make lineages with them.

I traded a Paper Egg for a CB Xeno Hatchling a few days ago but I've also had instances where I let Unbreedables go for a random CB hatchie or simply gifted them/threw them to the AP because I got no interest in trades.

What's the trade value of a CB Tan Ridgewing? Is it equivalent to a CB Thalassa, a Dino or a Blusang?

Edited by obelisk_light

What's the trade value of a CB Tan Ridgewing? Is it equivalent to a CB Thalassa, a Dino or a Blusang?

I would trade a Dino for a Tan Ridgie easily, but the other two...I don't think so, no. Perhaps a Thalassa, but Blusangs are still pretty rare. Xenos are at least getting a little bit easier to find. Well, at least that's what people say. I certainly can't find one. dry.gif

My question: CB Red Copper. Worth at least two Xenos?

I have another Xeno related question: how many could I get for two 2g golds from semi common mates (Sunsong and Black)?

Hard to say depending on person wanting golds, if one i wanted i would go 5-6 but i can get them fairly easy others may offer 2 and find it hard work sad.gif

i traded a 2nd gen gold for a CB Almandine but then thats what person wanted i have tried to trade 2nd Gen metals for CB Common Hatchies and get no offers at all rolleyes.gif

What are CB trio's worth these days, and more specific, a magma?

I have one up for trade for almost a week now, first as egg, now as hatchie. And no offers at all.

I know I won't get a CB rare for it, but even 2 CB reds is too much to ask???? blink.gif

Hi, I could use some guidance, I have 2G Almandine from Female Silver, 2G Alt PB Undine & CB Chrono.

Are they worth a CB Gold? If not, what can I add?

Or, what combo is fair for CB Silver/CB Spessartine/CB Almandine?

Also, is it standard for neglected dragon to be worth a CB gold?

Edit: I see...Thank you! I will keep that in mind. Trading up really isn't easy without IOUs huh sad.gif

Edited by Stormypulse