Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Hi, I could use some guidance, I have 2G Almandine from Female Silver, 2G Alt PB Undine & CB Chrono.

Are they worth a CB Gold?

If not, what can I add?

Or, what combo is fair for CB Silver/CB Spessartine/CB Almandine?

Also, is it standard for neglected dragon to be worth a CB gold?

Nope, it's almost impossible to trade for a cb gold with bred dragons, if it doesn't happen to be a 2nd gen prize, spriter's alt or thuwed (and 3rd gens of these are already worth much less). If you can't get your hands on really rare stuff, your best bet to get a cb gold is to find someone who catches them easily and ask what they want for one, in terms of hatchies. Be prepared to pay at least 20 hatchies for a cb gold.

ND's are easily worth a cb gold if they're cb, lineaged ND's are not very popular and don't trade well (they're not cheaper, though, but often simply kept).

General problem with trading up: Whoever can catch a cb gold/silver/almadine/spessartine can probably easily catch anything else as well - so it's more a matter of finding out what the other person currently needs. Set values for such trades are very hard to determine.

I traded for a cb spessartine with a very specific lineaged avatar and a matching unrelated silver mate when spessartines were more common. I have traded for a cb silver with 6 cb spring hatchies I had caught on the last day of spring and traded after summers were dropping already. I tried the same trick with summers when autumns started dropping and didn't get a good trade for them.

What are CB trio's worth these days, and more specific, a magma?

I have one up for trade for almost a week now, first as egg, now as hatchie. And no offers at all.

I know I won't get a CB rare for it, but even 2 CB reds is too much to ask???? blink.gif

I think your price is very reasonable. Have you tried Dragonmarket on EATW? I usually get faster offers there, when my trades get lost in the forum threads.

is asking for 10 storm hatchlings for a blue dino egg, too much or is it fair

is asking for 10 storm hatchlings for a blue dino egg, too much or is it fair

WAAAAYYYY overpriced in my opinion. Since Storms/Grays/Fogs are the whole point of the Holly Contest this year, those hatchlings are going to be worth A LOT more than a Blue Dino; especially 10 of them!

Is a CB Thunder worth 2 CB Xenos? (Not Thalassa or Mageia.)

I'd say it's the other way around - 1 Xeno is worth 2 CB Thunders.

Xenos are generally much more valuable than Trios.

Xenos are generally much more valuable than Trios.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that as a blanket statement.

I would peg the value "any xenowyrm" below "any trio" - but "a specific xenowyrm" above "a specific trio".

In other words, putting up a hypothetical trade where you're offering to catch xenowyrms in 1:1 exchange for trios (any) would not work as well as a hypothetical trade where you're offering to catch trios in 1:1 exchange for xenowyrms (any)... but the moment you ask for, say, "I want a pyro xenowyrm" and are offering, say, a CB thunder, the situation reverses.

Differently worded: Xenowyrms as a species drop more often than trios (that I've observed), but the individual variations (6) are more scarce than the variations of trios (3).

(The reason I bother to make this distinction at all is because it impacts "as many <x> as you think it's worth" trades.)

I know some people collect Thuweds and Dorkfaces, but I have no idea how many. I have a common (Royal Blue) 4th-gen Thuwed hatchling, do you think anyone would want to trade for a non-Thuwed Royal Blue? If so, where would I post that?

Anyone know the trade, er, difference, with Xenos?

Like, is a Pyro Xeno equal to a Gaia, or a Mageia equal to a Thalassa? Or is a certain type of Xeno worth more?

Also, CB Silver. What is the general worth of these? I'm trying to get a 2nd gen tinsel (offering to add 4 CB Xenos, a CB Red Copper, and a 3rd gen Thuwed) or a CB Gold (also adding) for it. Would the general worth be less than that, like perhaps a 3rd gen prize or just several Xenos?

Another question, sorry. Tan Ridgewing CB. What would that normally get? It is a hatchling.

Like, is a Pyro Xeno equal to a Gaia, or a Mageia equal to a Thalassa? Or is a certain type of Xeno worth more?

Also, CB Silver. What is the general worth of these? I'm trying to get a 2nd gen tinsel (offering to add 4 CB Xenos, a CB Red Copper, and a 3rd gen Thuwed) or a CB Gold (also adding) for it. Would the general worth be less than that, like perhaps a 3rd gen prize or just several Xenos?

Another question, sorry. Tan Ridgewing CB. What would that normally get? It is a hatchling.

Regarding xenowyrms, I'm a bit behind on the relative values, but the last grading I recall is:

chrono > gaia > thalassa > astrapi > mageia > pyro.

I am fairly sure matters have shifted since that grading, but I couldn't swear on the new arrangement. (I have observed that mageia are fairly popular for looking good in basically any and all lineages, so with those it's not just a matter of considering drop rates - but for the others it's mostly tied to how much they drop and I'm not confident in putting them in a particular order.)

---

Re: CB silver, you'll probably have a hard time getting a 2G Tinsel for it, same for a CB gold. A CB gold is worth about 1.5 CB silvers, but since we can't halve eggs, a good way to 'secure' a CB gold has been to offer two CB silvers. That said, it looks like that's no longer working, if I recall the recent history of this thread correctly.

Prizes in general seem to be in an awkward place where a 3G prizes aren't really worth CB classic metallics any more (i.e. gold and silver), but 2Gs continue to be more valuable that those, so if you have a CB classic metallic, you can really only overpay or get no bites. (That said, the usual advice for "look at what the CB prize owners themselves are looking for; it's usually not CB metallics" applies.)

Caveat: I don't trade prizes. This is very much second-hand knowledge picked up over time in this thread.

---

CB tan ridgewings can usually fetch another CB uncommon. You might be able to get a trio for it. Anything else is probably pushing it? Been a while since I tried to trade tans, though. smile.gif

(And don't apologise for asking questions, questions is what this thread is for!)

Generally hoping someone else can weigh in on all those points, since my own knowledge is a bit dated.

I catch a lot of CB Xenos. In my experience:

See less frequently ---- Thalassa > Gaia / Chrono > Mageia > Astrapi / Pyro ---- See most frequently

I can catch Pyros and Astrapis at will. It takes a little more time with the rest. That's my opinion. smile.gif

ETA: Changed "hardest" and "easiest" to "see less frequently" and "see most frequently"

Edited by Eos

Question:

What is a CB Silver typically worth (think in xenos, bred dragons, other rares etc.)?

Also what are Dinos (more specifically Green) worth? I can't seem to get any bites on my trade for what I'm really looking for (multiple red/gray hatchlings... Any lineage)

Or how many xenos is it worth?

I don't know if this belongs here, since it's not about value of trades but rather an unrelated question, but it still has to do with trading.

What happens when you accept a trade when you're scroll-locked? Like you trade one item away in exchange for two. Does it prevent you from accepting the trade? Or does it abandon the eggs/hatchlings? Curious to find out.

I don't know if this belongs here, since it's not about value of trades but rather an unrelated question, but it still has to do with trading.

What happens when you accept a trade when you're scroll-locked? Like you trade one item away in exchange for two. Does it prevent you from accepting the trade? Or does it abandon the eggs/hatchlings? Curious to find out.

The trade link will block any action that will go over your or your trade partner's limit. It will say something along the lines that this user's is at the egg or scroll limit and cannot accept the trade.

Question:

What is a CB Silver typically worth (think in xenos, bred dragons, other rares etc.)?

Also what are Dinos (more specifically Green) worth? I can't seem to get any bites on my trade for what I'm really looking for (multiple red/gray hatchlings... Any lineage)

Or how many xenos is it worth?

I asked the same thing about CB silvers above. Apparently, they're not worth a CB Gold, nor a 2nd gen tinsel, but trading one for a 3rd gen tinsel is "overpaying" for the tinsel, since a CB Silver is worth more.

As for Xenos, I don't know. I have some Xeno offers on my CB Silver, but so far not one Gaia Xeno (which is what I've been trying to get for a long time). Apparently Gaia are the hardest (thanks to everyone who rated the Xeno rareness) and Pyro are the easiest (I caught TWO within 30 minutes). Chrono Xenos are really nice and hard to get (for me anyway), but Gaia...so special, and so difficult to find a trade for! I hope they don't become as rare as Alamandines. sad.gif

I asked the same thing about CB silvers above. Apparently, they're not worth a CB Gold, nor a 2nd gen tinsel, but trading one for a 3rd gen tinsel is "overpaying" for the tinsel, since a CB Silver is worth more.

As for Xenos, I don't know. I have some Xeno offers on my CB Silver, but so far not one Gaia Xeno (which is what I've been trying to get for a long time). Apparently Gaia are the hardest (thanks to everyone who rated the Xeno rareness) and Pyro are the easiest (I caught TWO within 30 minutes). Chrono Xenos are really nice and hard to get (for me anyway), but Gaia...so special, and so difficult to find a trade for! I hope they don't become as rare as Alamandines. sad.gif

Sounds like I'm stuck in a hard spot....

Gaias are easier for me to catch honestly, I just need time to catch them. (And to be awake at 6:00 in the morning apparently).

Another question sorry:

How rare/how much is a 4th gen staircase line from Penk worth? (Like if I were to try to trade a 4th gen offspring from the line).

Sounds like I'm stuck in a hard spot....

Gaias are easier for me to catch honestly, I just need time to catch them. (And to be awake at 6:00 in the morning apparently).

Another question sorry:

How rare/how much is a 4th gen staircase line from Penk worth? (Like if I were to try to trade a 4th gen offspring from the line).

I dunno. I guess it would depend on the mate. I'd love a Penk mate that wasn't from Whites or Nebulas, for instance. There are so many White/Nebula Penk tinsels out there it isn't funny.

I don't trade prizes often, and when I do, they're 4th gen and never really get an offer except in random common hatchies, which is usually the best I can do, so I take it. None of mine are really interesting lineaged though.

What are Red Dinos, Green Dinos, Papers, and Cheeses worth?

I can't get a bite on any of my trades and I'm starting to wonder if what I'm asking for is too much. (2g V-day Dragon IOUs, Xenowyrms, Red Dragon Hatchlings, Storm Dragon Hatchlings, Metallics... etc.)

I can't get a bite on any of my trades and I'm starting to wonder if what I'm asking for is too much. (2g V-day Dragon IOUs, Xenowyrms, Red Dragon Hatchlings, Storm Dragon Hatchlings, Metallics... etc.)

I'm just giving away a Paper and Cheese I caught earlier...but I think for unbreedables it just depends on the demand. I would THINK red hatchlings would be easy to get for any of the above, but it could be no one is raising reds lately. I personally would not give a Xeno for anything except a Xeno swap or part of a tinsel/metallic trade.

I recently bought some Dinos. People usually gave them to me for 4 red hatchlings, or one CB Xeno, or one cb Blusang, or any other inbreedable. Though I have no idea if that was fair trades. smile.gif

I was going to ask, what I should offer, if I want to get 2G Silver? I am not very good at catching things, but sometimes I manage to get a Xeno, and can grow common hatchlings...

Edited by reaty

I was going to ask, what I should offer, if I want to get 2G Silver? I am not very good at catching things, but sometimes I manage to got a Xeno, and can grow common hatchlings...

For the most part I think it matters on the mate, and the user. But I could be wrong. To me I would probably (if I were trading one) ask for a couple of hatchlings, mostly depending on the mate though.

Some time ago I quite easily traded unbreedables for Trios (1:1) and vice versa. But that was a few months ago.

Personally I wouldn't give a Xeno or a 2G Metallic for an unbreedable, though.

I recently bought some Dinos. People usually gave them to me for 4 red hatchlings, or one CB Xeno, or one cb Blusang, or any other inbreedable. Though I have no idea if that was fair trades. smile.gif

I was going to ask, what I should offer, if I want to get 2G Silver? I am not very good at catching things, but sometimes I manage to get a Xeno, and can grow common hatchlings...

I usually just Departure thread my 2G silvers, so for me, just whatever you want, or free if you don't have anything.

Gaia Xeno would be the bestest, but a CB Xeno is probably too cheap for a 2G silver.

Just wondering, what could I get from:

1 ice hatchy

1 Green Gemshard hatchy

2 Golden Wyvern eggs.

I really want a CB Gaia.

Just wondering, what could I get from:

1 ice hatchy

1 Green Gemshard hatchy

2 Golden Wyvern eggs.

I really want a CB Gaia.

Lately, you can't even trade CB Coppers for Gaias, let alone Trios.

I think you have to have a CB silver/gold to trade for one. dry.gif