Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Not much, probably around the same value of a nebula from the desert. They're more uncommon than Desert and new desert biome releases have pushed lots of them in the Alpine, but I doubt you'd get a lot unless someone's specifically looking for them for lineage projects (aka breeding coppers in which the parent's biome affects the offspring color).

That means probably another CB hatchie or two.

Alright, thanks! smile.gif

I'd say very rare.

I got a 2G prize for a CB Silver + CB Almandine

SO i'd say, as rare as a CB Silver

There is probably a wide range in this. I got a CB silver for my 3rd gen prize (2015 line), whereas the spessartines seem to be getting a bit less rare. The Almandines seem to be the rarest still.

Would a second gen prize-fail be worth a rare third gen and several fourth gen prizes?

I had a 2G prizefail offered on my CB Red Copper last night (Striped River from something silver IIRC) which would put it in the one good 4G range, but I think they're pretty dramatically variable - some people will give a lot for them but some like me have no use for them.

edit: oop, and another one just offered on my CB Green Copper - I think there's a theme going on here...

Edited by ObsessedWithCats

Would a second gen prize-fail be worth a rare third gen and several fourth gen prizes?

I would say no, especially to the "several fourth-gen prizes" part, but I'm sure there are a few people (including CB Prize owners themselves, probably?) willing and able to trade certain things to get their specific second-gen prizefail, but only the one they're looking for to complete a checker. I think Prize owners usually would just do bloodswap/pairing swaps with other Prize owners, though. Makes logical sense to me, anyway. As ObsessedWithCats said, a lot of people just have no reason to trade for that, unfortunately.

If you don't know of anyone looking for that pairing, or who isn't a collector, I think you could maybe ask for two fourth-gen Prizes? Maybe one and a third-gen rare egg?

I had a 2G prizefail offered on my CB Red Copper last night (Striped River from something silver IIRC) which would put it in the one good 4G range, but I think they're pretty dramatically variable - some people will give a lot for them but some like me have no use for them.

edit: oop, and another one just offered on my CB Green Copper - I think there's a theme going on here...

It really depends on the prizefail, too. It's easy to get prizefails from very commons and new releases, whereas I haven't been able to get a prizefail at all from Zuko while breeding him to trios and blusang. People looking for fails for a checker are going to have a much harder time finding a rare breed fail than they are a common breed fail.

Would anyone consider a 2nd-gen PB Silver egg to be worth a Neglected or a Spessartine/Almandine? Are they even in demand? I feel like I might've set the bar too high on my trade, since I haven't got any offers, or is it just that people only want CB metals?

Would anyone consider a 2nd-gen PB Silver egg to be worth a Neglected or a Spessartine/Almandine? Are they even in demand? I feel like I might've set the bar too high on my trade, since I haven't got any offers, or is it just that people only want CB metals?

Neglecteds are worth at least one CB gold and lately have been going for more than that, so I'd definitely say no there. Almandine no, as they seem to be worth a CB silver to a CB gold. Spessartine is a big maaaaaayyyybeeee. IF someone has one and is looking for a PB silver, you might have a chance, but it's probably a long shot. Spessartines are only just starting to pop up a bit more, it seems, but they are still not easy to come by.

Maybe they could get a lineaged Neglected for a 2nd gen Silver egg? People only really value the CB ones, so if Niyaka is open to any Neglected it might happen. That depends on people having lineaged Neglecteds they'd want to trade, though.

Maybe they could get a lineaged Neglected for a 2nd gen Silver egg? People only really value the CB ones, so if Niyaka is open to any Neglected it might happen. That depends on people having lineaged Neglecteds they'd want to trade, though.

Most people don't even bother with lineaged Neglecteds, though. IF someone did, yes, it might be possible, though I suspect it might still be a difficult case of someone having a lineaged one AND needing a 2nd gen purebred silver at exactly the right time.

Lineaged Neglecteds are not any easier to make than CB Neglecteds, so I doubt someone who makes lineages Neglecteds would be willing to take less than a CB classic metallic for their work. I might be mistaken, though.

From my understanding, though: That they are likely to only get a CB silver "at most" is unlikely to deter them. I'd expect that if they don't get a CB classic metallic at the very least, the lineaged Neglected is probably more likely to be gifted than to be traded for a non-CB-metallic.

That being said, all of this is from my limited understanding. I haven't managed to create a Neglected dragon yet. smile.gif I've traded for beautiful lineaged Neglecteds the few times I had a CB metallic on hand, though... when they're available, which is regrettably rarely. Begrudgingly, I've traded for a CB Neglected at some point, because a lineaged one was nowhere to be found. (Specifically, personally, I'd be very unlikely to pay a CB gold for a CB Neglected; but I definitely would for a pretty-lineaged one, e.g. like Threadwoven. Sadly that's currently mostly irrelevant, since I'm back to being unable to catch CB classic metallics, so I am not actually part of the market!)

Edited by pinkgothic

Oh, I know they're not easier to make. xd.png It's just something I've read before, and I know some people prefer a pretty lineaged Neglected over a CB one since they're more interesting to look at.

How many CB Whites (or other commons) would be a reasonable number to ask for when trading a 2G Tsunami from a 2015 shimmer?

How many CB Whites (or other commons) would be a reasonable number to ask for when trading a 2G Tsunami from a 2015 shimmer?

Eggs or hatchies?

Some people ask exorbitant numbers, dozens of hatchies. Personally I usually offer 12-18 common hatchies for something like that, probably would tend towards the lower end of that if you only want one breed instead of a mix of breeds. Takes longer to collect and hatch them that way. If you are willing to take IOU and accept eggs you can probably get a lot more.

Eggs or hatchies?

Some people ask exorbitant numbers, dozens of hatchies. Personally I usually offer 12-18 common hatchies for something like that, probably would tend towards the lower end of that if you only want one breed instead of a mix of breeds. Takes longer to collect and hatch them that way. If you are willing to take IOU and accept eggs you can probably get a lot more.

I was thinking around the realm of 16 eggs, since I really wouldn't want anyone having to lock themselves with hatching. I'd rather take the hit on gendering and raising, and that way nobody is slaving away for eternity.

I'm figuring this trade is one where I'm probably not going to get anything I super need unless I want the commons I need for a project.

How many Red hatchlings (CB or pretty lineaged) for a 2G Gold or Silver from a common mate?

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

How many Red hatchlings (CB or pretty lineaged) for a 2G Gold or Silver from a common mate?

Personally I would be more than happy to trade a 2gen Metal from a common mate for 4 lineaged Reds or 2 CB Reds, but it's highly subjective.

If it was a Gold egg from a female White dragon, I'd give you the moon. >_> So. I think that depends on the person and the pairing. A lot of people are looking for metals from common pairings to complete checkers (either ones they've made themselves or ones found in the AP). That means that in general, the more common the mate, the more difficult it is to get the metal. Usually means that more people are looking for that.

I have a 3g prize up for trade right now, and am asking (among other offer suggestions) for a load of relatively common/slightly uncommon cb hatchlings. How many should I expect in an offer?

I have a 3g prize up for trade right now, and am asking (among other offer suggestions) for a load of relatively common/slightly uncommon cb hatchlings. How many should I expect in an offer?

It really depends if you are accepting IOUs or not for them.

If you do, I think you could easily get 15-20 of them. Personally I would offer 15.

If you don't, maybe 3-4 since it's difficult that someone has a load of those precise hatchlings in this precise moment.

Well your thread says 'plenty', with an emphasis an that. To me that sort of implies that you want at least two dozen, maybe more? And you mention golds too so that means you want a lot for your trade. Right now there are a LOT of trade offers for 3g prizes so you may have to be patient to wait for the right person who wants to invest a lot of time and scroll space to your trade. Personally two dozen would be my top offer and only if I really liked the pairing.

If you don't actually want dozens, you might be better off listing an acceptable number of hatchies. List it as "Minimum of 15-20 hatchies depending on breed" for example.

Would this be worth anything, or am I better off continuing them as separate stairstep lineages? (In terms of trade value that is - I might do the arrow just 'cause it looks pretty.)

Would this be worth anything, or am I better off continuing them as separate stairstep lineages? (In terms of trade value that is - I might do the arrow just 'cause it looks pretty.)

In terms of trade value, it'd be a difficult to continue metallic. It's also neither 2G nor CB, and after 2G, trade value of metallics falls off a steep cliff, though you can usually get at least two hatchlings for easily continuable lineages if you're patient. I'd say you'd be better off continuing them separately, but I suspect it doesn't make a huge difference.

(That being said, one thing in favour of combining the two is that you enable the potential mate to be something constructed from non-holidays. The holiday mates make the separate lines more difficult, trade-wise, since the more time passes, the fewer people have access to the holidays (namely all the people who originally caught them, minus the people who have left since then).)

That being said, on a purely personal level, I wish more people did arrows. If I wasn't saturated with silvers already, I'd give you a CB trio for it.

Edited by pinkgothic

In terms of trade value, it'd be a difficult to continue metallic. (...) I'd say you'd be better off continuing them separately, but I suspect it doesn't make a huge difference.

I tried the pairing just now and at least they're compatible (no refusal) so I might breed that arrow just for looks someday. Can't base all my breeding around trades after all smile.gif.

Iside & Tawanda, thanks for your input! I'll be more specific now that I have an idea of what I should ask for. Really, I had no idea that asking for common hatchlings could/should go into double digits. ohmy.gif I think I'll ask for 10 or best offer, uninfluenced.

(As for the CB gold- ha! I didn't expect one of those- I just wanted to list it under "outrageous offers" because who knows? I've made some crazy trades because I wanted THAT thing with the neat/hilarious lineage, but, say, "only" had a 2g metal on hand ...)