Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Neither, I was referencing the points of view expressed by prize breeders in this thread. And I didn't perceive your post as rude. At all.

For what concerns being vague, actually, from my selfish point of view, that's a plus. When someone asks only for 2nd Gen swap with very specific mates etc. I get sad because I know already that I don't have a chance. Probably I don't have a chance anyway but for a bit I can dream.

Aha! Thank you for clarifying! smile.gif That makes a lot of sense, yes. That is exactly why I usually just ask for the best offers. It does work well, and from the perspective of the person making an offer, sometimes you just might get someone who will accept a lowball offer because they like specifically what was offered.

I got a CB Gold and Three CB Silvers for my rare third gen. *shrug*

This is definitely not the norm, however - considering that for that many CB metals you could either get four (or more) 3G prizes or a very good shot at a 2G prize.

are 2 CB coppers or 1 Cb copper worth a 3rd gen shimmer? smile.gif

Two CB coppers is for sure. One CB copper is a matter of opinion. I personally think it's worth it, but that could be just because I'm in big need of CB coppers at the moment. Also, generally rarity seems to be Green>Red>Brown.

are 2 CB coppers or 1 Cb copper worth a 3rd gen shimmer? smile.gif

I would trade two it for a 3rd gen prize, personally. Maybe one if it was a green copper, and I was feeling particularly generous or not wanting to be patient. I actually just did that recently with a 3rd gen prize because I really need more green coppers. xd.png

What should I offer to get a CB blusang?

(and a CB nebula, for that matter)

The Blusang not sure. I was insanely lucky and got a Gen 2 Prize for 2 CB Blusangs^^;

Normally I should say you can get those for nicely lineaged 2-3 Gen metallics (regular, not prize) or prize like 4th?

But I am really not sure.

As for the nebula I know a lot of people just gift those and they aren't difficult to obtain unless you want one specifically from the Alpine.

Oops, accidentally deleted the post instead of editing.

Could I get a green nebula hatchling in return for a CB desert anagallis and a CB Alpine golden wyvern? Could I trade them separately?

Oops, accidentally deleted the post instead of editing.

Could I get a green nebula hatchling in return for a CB desert anagallis and a CB Alpine golden wyvern? Could I trade them separately?

For the GW maybe.

For the Angallis no, they are really super Common, they even sit several refreshes.

As for getting hatchies: I'd recommend getting eggs as they are cheaper if you will and usually you can easily swap if the colour is wrong. At least I never had trouble doing so.

What about CB gemshard eggs?

For a CB Nebula? Yes I can see that happening.

Not a question as much as a heads up - 3G Prizes have severely dropped in price in the past month. People do not want them anymore and are unwilling to trade 1:1 CB metallics or CB Almandines/Spessartines for them - trades that used to be auto. They will, however, trade insane numbers of multiple metallics or pyralspites for a 2G prize.

Good luck trading everyone, I'm pretty much out as I have nothing worthwhile anymore. laugh.gif

EDIT: Guess I should have looked at the thread... looks like this is a huge topic of debate right now!

Edited by morgianlefaye

What would 2 CB GW's be worth? unsure.gif

They are the lowest worth of what was considered 'rare' in the old rare trade thread.

Based both on how long they sit in the cave before being nabbed and what I've been able to trade them for, I would classify them as an uncommon instead. It may just be the demand is lower than other similar rares like blusangs.

How long approximately do other people tend to have to wait before they get offers of hatchies for uncommon CB eggs?

It really depends on the uncommon. Seasonals I usually get offers fairly quickly, as long as I am not asking for too much.

Edited by harlequinraven

They are the lowest worth of what was considered 'rare' in the old rare trade thread.

Based both on how long they sit in the cave before being nabbed and what I've been able to trade them for, I would classify them as an uncommon instead. It may just be the demand is lower than other similar rares like blusangs.

Ah, and here I thought I actually caught something of value, guess not *headdesk* ^^; My hunt for metallics continues rolleyes.gif

Ah, and here I thought I actually caught something of value, guess not *headdesk* ^^; My hunt for metallics continues rolleyes.gif

Well, it's definitely more valuable than a lot of the dragons you can catch. smile.gif

Not a question as much as a heads up - 3G Prizes have severely dropped in price in the past month. People do not want them anymore and are unwilling to trade 1:1 CB metallics or CB Almandines/Spessartines for them - trades that used to be auto. They will, however, trade insane numbers of multiple metallics or pyralspites for a 2G prize.

Good luck trading everyone, I'm pretty much out as I have nothing worthwhile anymore. laugh.gif

EDIT: Guess I should have looked at the thread... looks like this is a huge topic of debate right now!

I have seen your trades, and the issue is not so much the worth of 3G prizes as a whole, but the fact that the lines you have that were once valuable are now not as "desirable" to some, as they might've been last year. Now, 2015 lines, gold/silver prizes, etc. have become all the rage, and next to nobody will offer a CB gold for a 2013/2014 bronze prize. However, there are always exceptions. shadowfighter got four CB metals for a common bronze 2015 line, which is four (or even more) times what it was worth. This definitely should not be expected/counted on, though, as it is not likely to happen often.

I have seen your trades, and the issue is not so much the worth of 3G prizes as a whole, but the fact that the lines you have that were once valuable are now not as "desirable" to some, as they might've been last year. Now, 2015 lines, gold/silver prizes, etc. have become all the rage, and next to nobody will offer a CB gold for a 2013/2014 bronze prize. However, there are always exceptions. shadowfighter got four CB metals for a common bronze 2015 line, which is four (or even more) times what it was worth. This definitely should not be expected/counted on, though, as it is not likely to happen often.

I fully agree with this. I am still getting metals for my 3rd gens. I've accepted a couple green coppers, simply because I really needed them, but otherwise I have been getting good offers on mine. I've even been getting nice offers for my 4th gens (trios and the like, which is about what I've always gotten for 4th gens).

What is the theory in letting a trade take more than 24 hours?

I am currently waiting on a trade that I would really like to complete, but have been waitng about 30 hours so far. When I trade, I want to complete it as soon as possible, and appreciate those traders who accept or decline offers within a few minutes, or at most, a few hours. 24 hours covers the time zones around the entire world, and seems a reasonable limit in which to conclude a trade.

However, I've noticed where some people seem to go almost to an egg's time of death, posting and bumping their trades repeatedly. This makes lineaged eggs and rare CB eggs useless to a prospective owner if it isn't correctly influenced before the 3 day mark.

So, what is the purpose in taking more than a day to complete a trade?

Edited to thank Ylvanne, NotBambi, harlequinraven and Tawanda001 for your answers to my question. I suppose they must have been hoping for better offers, but I'm really pleased that I perservered on this one, almost 48 hours later. I got the beautiful egg with time to Influence, Incubated it to hatch now, and it will grow up on my scroll. Now I just have to find a proper mate for it! biggrin.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

I am currently waiting on a trade that I would really like to complete, but have been waitng about 30 hours so far. When I trade, I want to complete it as soon as possible, and appreciate those traders who accept or decline offers within a few minutes, or at most, a few hours. 24 hours covers the time zones around the entire world, and seems a reasonable limit in which to conclude a trade.

However, I've noticed where some people seem to go almost to an egg's time of death, posting and bumping their trades repeatedly. This makes lineaged eggs and rare CB eggs useless to a prospective owner if it isn't correctly influenced before the 3 day mark.

Usually it happens because the trader hasn't got an offer that pleases them.

To some of us is really hard to decide or say no >_< I really don't want to make people angry and I had bad retaliations after saying no to a trade because those eggs start to be viewbombed. sad.gif Off course, I have to say no at some point, but it gives me time to hide my eggies sad.gif

However, I never let my eggs go so low on time. When they're about to reach their point, I cancel teleport if I'm not satisfied with any offer yet, and influence the eggy to keep the proper lineage :3 Then I set the teleport again when it hatches ^^

how many 3G prizes are a good offer on a 2G?

Personally, I would never trade a 2G prize for any number of 3G prizes. A 2G breeds theoretically infinite 3Gs, all while being a trophy on your scroll. That being said, at least four, if you go by "1 CB metal=3G prize, 4 CB metals=2G prize" (which is very flexible). You would probably have better luck trading the 3G prizes for metals, then trading those for a prize. I would also recommend modifying your signature, as it's somewhat... offensive. Prize owners are entitled to want whatever they want - it's their prize. Telling someone to stop WANTING something is selfish and rude. I, personally, would not be inclined to trade with somebody whose signature, even unintentionally, felt like a personal attack.

You're a very patient person. Usually I do not wait more than 12 hours. In general, in 12 hours, I can find an alternative trade and the time zones are mostly covered. Based on my experience, when someone kept me (and others) hanging more than 12 hours, they kept us hanging for 48 or until the egg hatched, sometimes until the hatch grew up.