Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What is the theory in letting a trade take more than 24 hours?

I am currently waiting on a trade that I would really like to complete, but have been waitng about 30 hours so far. When I trade, I want to complete it as soon as possible, and appreciate those traders who accept or decline offers within a few minutes, or at most, a few hours. 24 hours covers the time zones around the entire world, and seems a reasonable limit in which to conclude a trade.

However, I've noticed where some people seem to go almost to an egg's time of death, posting and bumping their trades repeatedly. This makes  lineaged eggs and rare CB eggs useless to a prospective owner if it isn't correctly influenced before the 3 day mark.

So, what is the purpose in taking more than a day to complete a trade?

Unless the person told me they will accept it but just can't yet because they are scroll/egg locked for a little bit, I never wait that long. It is wasting the valuable time on the egg/hatchie that I have to trade. Meanwhile, I could be using it to trade for something else nice. Like NotBambi, I usually give about 12 hours. Most people who are active traders will have responded by then. Those who have not responded tend to either not like your trade and are letting your offer sit there, have impossible expectations for their trade and want to hold out for a better offer (and just keep yours as a backup), or aren't very active players and forgot they even had a trade up and need to check offers. Obviously, this is not always the case, but it seems to be the most common scenario I've come across. On a similar note, if people offering are egg/scroll locked, I'll usually try to message them (if I can find their forum name) and will give them about 4 hours to either respond or not be locked anymore. At that point, the next best offer gets it.

how many 3G prizes are a good offer on a 2G?

Unless your 3rd gens are particularly rare lineages, it's not too likely you'll get a 2G no matter how many 3Gs you offer. Anyone who has a prize really doesn't need 3rd gens unless they are a lineage collector. I have to agree with Bucket, too. I've been known to take lesser offers from someone who seems nicer and ignore better offers from someone who seems rude. Even if you don't intend it, it does come across as a bit of a temper tantrum. Unless a person is a collector of a certain breed, you really only need so many of any type of CB dragon. Some prize winners already have a lot of CB metals. Others traded a few 2G prizes for what they needed already and now just want swaps. I offered one 2G prize and got a really good offer that pretty much takes care of all the CB metals I am going to need for a good long while. I don't really intend to do anything but swaps, 2G holly trades, and spriter alt trades from here on out. It is my perogative to do so. Some people do not even trade their 2G prize babies at all. They either do not breed their prize or keep all of the eggs.

As Bucket mentioned, you are probably better off trading your 3Gs for metals and offering those, instead. You can just keep swapping out metals (when yours are getting close to 4 days, trade them for a freshly caught CB metal egg...you can often find people who want to do that to have one with less time) until you have a whole collection of CB metals saved up to offer when a trade does come along. Someone who has a whole collection of CB metals ready and available to offer might be more tempting than someone saying they will put you on their waitlist for whatever it is.

What is the theory in letting a trade take more than 24 hours?

So, what is the purpose in taking more than a day to complete a trade?

I try to leave my offers at least 24 hours because I know that sometimes people can''t get back to their scrolls for a while because rl stuff.

I know sometimes I'll put a post up, get no offers before leaving for work, come home from work and go straight to bed, which means there is at least a 17 hour period where I haven't even looked at my scroll.

I do try to put a note in my posts if I know I'll be away for a while though, but that's only because I've seen other people do it and thought it was a great idea.

Edited by Tawanda001

What is 4rd Gen Neglected from Prize worth?

Less than a CB Neglected, but still quite a lot. A CB silver easily, maybe a CB gold. Definitely 1-2 3G prizes.

Are 2 CB Red Coppers good trade for a CB Almandine?

Personally, I would definitely agree to such a trade.

Personally, I would definitely agree to such a trade.

On which end, though? Almandine/Spessartine Pyralspites are in an interesting spot rarity-wise right now. They're (arguably) rarer than a CB metal, but a lot of people realize they will eventually go down in rarity like Blacks, Stripes, etc, and so won't pay "full price" for them. That being said, getting an Almandine for two Coppers is a good deal. Trading an Almandine for two Coppers... You could probably do better.

On which end, though? Almandine/Spessartine Pyralspites are in an interesting spot rarity-wise right now. They're (arguably) rarer than a CB metal, but a lot of people realize they will eventually go down in rarity like Blacks, Stripes, etc, and so won't pay "full price" for them. That being said, getting an Almandine for two Coppers is a good deal. Trading an Almandine for two Coppers... You could probably do better.

I'm on the Almandine end... Thank you very much for your answer ^^

So, what should I expect for an Almandine, then?

Edited by Ylvanne

How much are Gemshards worth?

They're popping up most shuffles and that's me seeing them after having first checked the Coast and Forest at minimum, so they're still new-common level common. That said the alt thing and the fact people are still collecting since the release (so they go fast-ish from the biome) means you might get something decent if you can influence and hatch a bunch to save some collector a bit of trouble.

What can I reasonably expect to get for this third gen prize? It seems like nobody's interested.

What can I reasonably expect to get for this third gen prize? It seems like nobody's interested.

since stripe x gold prize lines are pretty common, probably 2 cb coppers, a bunch of hatchies, or a CB silver if you're lucky

Oh. Well, that sucks. D= I knew I shouldn't have traded for any third gens. Dammit.

Oh. Well, that sucks. D= I knew I shouldn't have traded for any third gens. Dammit.

no, 3rd gens are still pretty valuable in my opinion, just some lines are more rarer than others and some will trade more depending on the line happy.gif don't lose hope

since stripe x gold prize lines are pretty common, probably 2 cb coppers, a bunch of hatchies, or a CB silver if you're lucky

That line is actually quite valuable, as it is a 2015 Gold Tinsel, of which only about half are currently found. Stripe is also not a particularly common pairing - it breeds reasonably well, but it is no where near as common as, say, Blusang, Copper, or Holidays.

@Tehya Faye: I'd say you could very likely get a CB gold for it.

Edit: @Bucket - Ah, okay. That's reassuring. ^^ I was definitely going to keep trying regardless, but I just wanted a little advice to make sure I wasn't asking too much.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I agree with Bucket. It's less the combination (other than holidays) and more the rarity of the line. People who collect lines will want to snap up ones they can't easily get. It's all a matter of the person having what you want at the time. smile.gif

I thought that was the case. happy.gif I'm not familiar with dealing with 3rd gens, but this did look like a pretty good deal. I'm glad to hear that I made a good call, and I'm just waiting for the right person to come along.

They're popping up most shuffles and that's me seeing them after having first checked the Coast and Forest at minimum, so they're still new-common level common. That said the alt thing and the fact people are still collecting since the release (so they go fast-ish from the biome) means you might get something decent if you can influence and hatch a bunch to save some collector a bit of trouble.

Thanks!

I may get 2 from a friend and I already have 2.

Would it be possible to get CB Metallic(s) for them?

Thanks!

I may get 2 from a friend and I already have 2.

Would it be possible to get CB Metallic(s) for them?

Probably not, unless someone who has a Metallic is looking for Gemshard hatchlings -- in which case, they'd probably ask for quite a few. Anyone who can catch a CB Metallic isn't going to have trouble finding Gemshards. Finding the right colours and genders is another thing, though, and some people would rather get them as-is than have to wait two or three days only to get the wrong colour.

Ylvanne: I think they're about on par with CB Coppers. Maybe two for a CB Silver? Someone who actively trades with Almandines should speak on that, though. It depends on what you want for it, too. I'd say that you could definitely get what you're asking for including the Spessartine, should anyone have one and be willing to trade.

Is a full CB trio set worth a CB Copper?

I'd say yes for a brown/orange one but can't be sure for the green one.

Is a 2G PB Red Dorsal or Tan Ridge equal to a CB Pink? How about a CB (un?)common hatchie?

What I can get for 7 CB Gemshards + 1 CB Magma?

I traded away a CB Silver for 8 Gemshards once, but that was because I needed the Gems for another trade. Maybe you can find someone in a similar situation, it's not likely but it's worth a try. (:

Otherwise, I think Gems are still pretty common right now, with that amount 2~3 Brown/Red Coppers or one Green Copper sound good. I'm sure there are people who will trade multiple uncommons like Blusangs and GWs too, if you're after those.