Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I've given eggs in the range of Paper/Trios/Dinos for Alpine Nebulae, because I needed red ones for a Copper x Red Nebula checker, and if you're using a male Copper you can only get Red Coppers out of breeds that were caught in the Alpine region. I like to err on the side of offering more than I'm getting, if I can, so your mileage may vary.

On the subject of rarity, it seems like releases in the Desert have made Alpine Nebulae more common. It's a bit of a weird theory but I've seen a few people saying the same about new releases changing the distribution of a breed between biomes. If so, we need more Volcanic species. laugh.gif

I'd agree on this statement.

The day Anagallises were released in the Desert, most of the nebs were pushed to the Alpine. That, and the new birthday release. Those breeds that are only exclusive in the desert stays in the desert, but those with counterparts in other biomes suddenly got much less rarer in the other specified biome. Like, for example, nebs in the alpine and reds in the volcano.

Maybe slightly different in rarity in comparison to desert nebulas, but unless they're looking to create specific lineages (like what Chalk said), I doubt people are willing to put extra value on it.

Personally, out of the 200-ish nebulas I have, 47 are them are Alpine nebs. At this point, I consider it "almost the same" as a desert nebula, if only because I've been collecting desert nebs for much longer. It might be more valuable to those who don't actually have an alpine neb but idk. Unlikely to give a lot for it, maybe a hatchie or two.

Edited by Pandalf

I'm not very experienced with metallics, so I have to ask a question - is a 2g Gold (from Solstice) worth a CB Silver? I've tried to trade it - not a single offer in three days. How about a 3G Prize for the said Gold? Am I asking for too much?

I'm not very experienced with metallics, so I have to ask a question - is a 2g Gold (from Solstice) worth a CB Silver? I've tried to trade it - not a single offer in three days. How about a 3G Prize for the said Gold? Am I asking for too much?

I personally don't consider CB Metallics to be the same value as 2gen ones (unless from special parentage like Spriter's Alt, CB hybrid, etc), regardless of the breed and mate, but unless you find someone who don't value CB Silvers that much and is looking for the specific pairing you have, then probably! I had a friend who traded a CB Silver away because she wanted a 2gen from a specific mate before. ^^

For your other question, it depends on what kind of 3gen prize you're looking for and the trader who's trading it. Factors to consider are the birth year of the original prize, the rarity of the pairing, number of offspring the original prize had etc.

A 3gen from one of the original Tinsels or Shimmers from a commonly seen pairing isn't going to be as expensive as a 3gen from a 2014~2015 prize with a pairing that's seldom seen. I doubt you'll get a 3gen prize offered to you unless it's from someone who's seeking a 2gen Gold from Solstice specifically, since 3gen Prizes usually go for more valuable things on average. (: Maybe if you add some more things, like a CB Copper maybe, then you'll get some bites.

Usually not, to both questions. A 2nd gen gold is not worth a cb silver or a 3rd gen prize, unless it is for a special mate like - as said by suskekun222 - a spriter's alt, or from a very new common mate (which they almost always produce offsprings of their own kind, so it's pretty impossible to get a metal out of them)

A 2nd gen gold from solstice would probably goes for a 4th gen prize, from a not rare line.

How many Birthday Release hatchlings could I reasonably ask for in return for my CB Gold? Should I also ask that the entire "order" be completed before I send the Gold over or should I send first?

I'm afraid of sounding like an arrogant person unsure.gif

How many Birthday Release hatchlings could I reasonably ask for in return for my CB Gold? Should I also ask that the entire "order" be completed before I send the Gold over or should I send first?

To be honest the whole who sends first thing is down to trust, I paid for my CB gold with 35 CB hatcies (this was when you saw 1/2 a week on trading threads only swapping for 2g's)

I got the gold first as thats how it happened, i would take into consideration past IOU's, how established they are how many outstanding debts and the size of the order before this and if it was reasonable for them, aka looking at their scroll and what they already have.

Quality id have no idea on personally. Id say keep it unless you have loads of CB golds dont trade this one away you may regret it

Reasonably? I think that's going to vary a lot depending on who you ask. laugh.gif

If it were me I'd ask probably 18-24. Some people may be ok with more than that if they really want a gold.

I'd not send it until you had a good many in your hands unless you have traded with the person before or they have a good rep. Don't be afraid to ask if they have done IOU before and ask them for a name if it makes you feel better

The eggs aren't hitting the AP with any regularity yet so you have to figure extra time since most will have to be caught at the full 7 days from the cave.

Say eleven days for you to hold the gold before you need to transfer

A gold trophy with tons of incubates could deliver 14 up front, if that's all they concentrated on for a week.

A bronze trophy with no incubates could do maybe 8 up front

WAIT! What? This is your first cb gold? NM, think twice about trading it for hatchies you can easily get yourself with a little bit of time.... just saying, it might be a long time before you catch another.

Edited by Tawanda001

Depending on how many you ask, really xd.png

If it's beyond the realistic number of eggs/hatchies that a person can catch and hatch within a week or two, either they're not gonna get it or they're going to multiscroll for you.

And depending on when it hatches/grows, of course. wink.gif

Personally I'd be iffy about trading if the egg isn't hatched on the 7th day for the fear that it might grow.

But if you can assure that it really, REALLY won't grow, that's gonna involve a lot of trust, not just in their part but also in yours, if the person can't deliver within the day limit you specified.

...and what Tawanda said. xd.png

You're seriously better off keeping it, if it's your first. xd.png

Edited by Pandalf

Depending on how many you ask, really xd.png

If it's beyond the realistic number of eggs/hatchies that a person can catch and hatch within a week or two, either they're not gonna get it or they're going to multiscroll for you.

And depending on when it hatches/grows, of course. wink.gif

Personally I'd be iffy about trading if the egg isn't hatched on the 7th day for the fear that it might grow. (that's the excuse a trader gave me last halloween, that their dragon "grew", I searched their scroll, there was nothing. 7 months later, I'm still waiting for the one they owed).

But if you can assure that it really, REALLY won't grow, that's gonna involve a lot of trust, not just in their part but also in yours, if the person can't deliver within the day limit you specified.

...and what Tawanda said. xd.png

You're seriously better off keeping it, if it's your first. xd.png

I disagree and frankly am a little offended by this. I take on long-term IOUs and I do NOT multi-scroll to fulfill them! I have worked with several different people and while it may take time for me to fulfill my obligations, I always do sooner or later. Just because some people are unethical or unreliable doesn't mean we all are. I take my reputation as a trader pretty seriously, personally, and I'd hate to think people believe long-term IOUs automatically lead to or indicate cheating. sad.gif

I do have to agree, though, that if it's your first you should REALLY consider keeping it. As much as I'd love to ask to take you up on that trade - I'd give you HECKA birthday hatchies and whatever else you wanted - I think I'd rather see you keep that egg for yourself. smile.gif I don't have any CB golds yet, so I know the first one I get is going to be really special. You have no idea how long it might take to get another one - don't trade it for something you could get much more easily!

(Honestly, if you really want birthday dragon hatchies, I'm happy to just raise you some. smile.gif They're not hard to catch at this point. PM me if you'd like a few!)

Edited by Lurhstaap

How many 2nd-gen PB alt Undines is a Neglected worth? And how many common hatchies (say, Gemshards) is a ND worth?

Currently thinking ~2-3 Undines or ~10-14 Gemshards for a single ND, but I've not tried to trade for commons/uncommons in quite some time so I'm not sure where trade values sit atm.

I disagree and frankly am a little offended by this. I take on long-term IOUs and I do NOT multi-scroll to fulfill them! I have worked with several different people and while it may take time for me to fulfill my obligations, I always do sooner or later. Just because some people are unethical or unreliable doesn't mean we all are. I take my reputation as a trader pretty seriously, personally, and I'd hate to think people believe long-term IOUs automatically lead to or indicate cheating. sad.gif

I do have to agree, though, that if it's your first you should REALLY consider keeping it. As much as I'd love to ask to take you up on that trade - I'd give you HECKA birthday hatchies and whatever else you wanted - I think I'd rather see you keep that egg for yourself. smile.gif I don't have any CB golds yet, so I know the first one I get is going to be really special. You have no idea how long it might take to get another one - don't trade it for something you could get much more easily!

(Honestly, if you really want birthday dragon hatchies, I'm happy to just raise you some. smile.gif They're not hard to catch at this point. PM me if you'd like a few!)

No I didn't mean people multiscroll form long term goals.

I was talking about fulfilling an IOU that's definitely beyond what's realistic (say, 30-40 hatchies in a week). On the contrary, I didn't mean long-term IOUs, I actually was talking about REALLY short-term ones. >.>

I mean there's trading, too, but if the one wanting to trade doesn't have a lot of -other- eggs they can trade to get more hatchies of what they need, it's gonna be really iffy that they're gonna amass enough hatchies in time for the trade.

And I said "personally" on the next one. That means to me, if I were the one wanting to trade with someone who holds on to the egg/hatchie with little to no assurance that it would grow/be traded away before I can fulfill my IOU. I think there's always a degree of trust somewhere, but there are things you just can't trust... like your dragons. Even if you fog hatchies right after hatching, there's still the fear that it might grow in-between unfogging and the other person claiming it. This is why I said I'd suggest -against- having to hold on to the egg for the full 11~14 days.

There seems to be a severe misunderstanding. Sorry if that offended you.

Edited by Pandalf

You misread the above post. The only statement was that if predator wanted the hatchlings paid in full before handing over the Gold, she could not ask for more than a single scroll could reasonably catch in 1-2 weeks - because the gold would grow up before then. Obviously there are many people who have fulfilled bulk hatchling IOUs without multiscrolling, but there is only so many you can get in a time limit on one scroll.

EDIT: Oops, ninja.gif'd

Edited by The_Bucket

No I didn't mean people multiscroll form long term goals.

I was talking about fulfilling an IOU that's definitely beyond what's realistic (say, 30-40 hatchies in a week). On the contrary, I didn't mean long-term IOUs, I actually was talking about REALLY short-term ones. >.>

I mean there's trading, too, but if the one wanting to trade doesn't have a lot of -other- eggs they can trade to get more hatchies of what they need, it's gonna be really iffy that they're gonna amass enough hatchies in time for the trade.

And I said "personally" on the next one. That means to me, if I were the one wanting to trade with someone who holds on to the egg/hatchie with little to no assurance that it would grow/be traded away before I can fulfill my IOU.

There seems to be a severe misunderstanding. Sorry if that offended you.

Oh! I see what you mean now. Sorry, my bad. ^^; No, in that case I agree - there's got to be a realistic time frame. I've done stuff like an IOU for two CB Silvers in return for 45-50 hatchlings of various sorts (9-10 CB Thunders, with the rest a mix of reds, Magis, and male CB Waterhorses), but it was definitely understood that this was going to take a significant chunk of time to complete, even if I put aside everything else and focused solely on that project. I'd definitely agree that anyone who said they could do something similar in less than a month or two is probably multi'ing or otherwise cheating.

Considering that people seem to be willing to pay 20-35 cb hatchies for a cb gold - how many freeze fodder hatchies can I ask for a 3rd gen prize? (silver tin, holiday line. freeze fodder can be any lineage, but must be influenced obviously)

I had poor internet access during the last months and still need all frozen sprites of the latest 3 releases - that's 27 sprites, with 9 of them being gemshards of the correct color. Asking for all 27 hatchies seems a bit much to me, since getting those 9 gemshards alone can take a while. What's reasonable to expect?

Considering that people seem to be willing to pay 20-35 cb hatchies for a cb gold - how many freeze fodder hatchies can I ask for a 3rd gen prize? (silver tin, holiday line. freeze fodder can be any lineage, but must be influenced obviously)

I had poor internet access during the last months and still need all frozen sprites of the latest 3 releases - that's 27 sprites, with 9 of them being gemshards of the correct color. Asking for all 27 hatchies seems a bit much to me, since getting those 9 gemshards alone can take a while. What's reasonable to expect?

A 3rd Gen is equivlant to say a CB silver these days.

Which i reckon could be worth 10 hatchies, however CB gemshards are hard to catch, recently ive gotten more CB silvers than gemshard, they get snapped up so damn fast.

You may find someone who would be willing to do all the gemshards for you but me personally thats all i woiuld ask for consider it is such a hard task

Considering that holiday prize line are worth less than ones with common mates, and that hatchlings can be any lineage but it's not easy to find new release ones in the AP, and so people willl probably need to breed them and start with 7 days eggs, I'll say something around 10 hatchies

Which i reckon could be worth 10 hatchies, however CB gemshards are hard to catch, recently ive gotten more CB silvers than gemshard, they get snapped up so damn fast.

You may find someone who would be willing to do all the gemshards for you but me personally thats all i woiuld ask for consider it is such a hard task

"recently ive gotten more CB silvers than gemshard"

Whoa, really?

Give me your fast internet, senpai!

----------

Seriously though, gemshards are not hard to catch. I haven't even SEEN a single silver in the past few weeks :V Where are ya'll even getting them. :V Meanwhile I've had a few more gems in the past few weeks after the release. So no I wouldn't consider the "hard to get". If I have to judge in accordance with experience, even nebs pop up less than gemshards lately ._____.

Would this be worth mates for any of these?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DIJlx Yulebuck x Pink 2g

http://dragcave.net/lineage/emSyF Winter Magi x RB 2g

http://dragcave.net/lineage/AFbhH WW x Pyrope 2g

http://dragcave.net/lineage/SDB9i Solstice x MS 2g

I think the harder part will be finding someone who is looking for the 2nd gen you're offering - gemshards don't drop too often, but breed well if I'm not mistaken, so the egg is nothing special and there probably won't be demand for it.

I can breed you mates for the winter magi, wrapping wing and solstice for free, if you'd like. Just shoot me a pm when you have space for them smile.gif

Would this be worth mates for any of these?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DIJlx Yulebuck x Pink 2g

http://dragcave.net/lineage/emSyF Winter Magi x RB 2g

http://dragcave.net/lineage/AFbhH WW x Pyrope 2g

http://dragcave.net/lineage/SDB9i Solstice x MS 2g

I don't think your gemshard is worth much, because they breed quite well and, on the other hand, it will be very hard to find a 2nd gen copper from gemshard if someone wants to create a checkered with it.

On the other hand, there will be many people willing to breed three of the dragons you are looking for for free (me too, if Ha-ki's dragons won't produce tongue.gif ), while for the 2nd gen pink from yule you could try asking in one of the gifting thread.

Or if you want to trade your gemshard for it I'd suggest you to hatch it.

What are CB Blacks worth these days?

Not much really, they're common. But someone (I forgot who) mentioned a few times that they trade black hatchies for new release eggs successfully.

A thing I often suggest: If you want to trade nice stuff, that's fairly common, don't make your own teleport link and wait for offers, that rarely works out. It's much better to search the trading threads for something you're interested in and offer your trade fodder on someone else's link - especially if you hatch the blacks and offer on a trade that has been reposted for a new day already, your chances are fairly good that your offer will be the best they're getting. smile.gif

@Iside: You can try your luck with the solstice x moonstone pair, I got eggs for the other two pairings.

@shadowfighter: The Special Release Offspring Gifting Group is a good place to try for the yule offspring.

Really? You see more CB Silvers than Gemshards? There's no way... I see Gemshards all the time, and they stay for a while...

Then again, I do stalk the Jungle, which is where they are, I think, right?

Edited by The Flash