Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

It depends on which copper and what the lineage is. It also depends on whether someone is looking for that lineage at the time. They're not exceptionally rare by any means. You could get a lineage swap, another 2G copper, maybe an unbreedable or trio, again depending on whether someone was looking for them. You could probably get a couple hatchies for it, depending on what you were looking for.

http://dragcave.net/view/GXuP0 (2G PB Copper)

http://dragcave.net/view/uCDQ4 (2G Copper x Silver)

Those are the 2Gs. What egg could I expect to get for both?

Edited by The Flash

I've never seen a 2nd gen thuwed go for a 2nd gen prize dragon.... considering majority of prize owners want mostly same gen prize trades or cb metals lately or just gifting to friends.

I can't swear too because, faulty memory, but I seem to recall my friend saying she traded a 2g thuwed for a 2g prize.

Are CB Pink Pyralspites more like CB Silvers or CB Coppers in terms of rarity?

Or, to put it more aptly, could I trade my CB Green Copper for one? What if I added a CB Brown Copper?

I can't swear too because, faulty memory, but I seem to recall my friend saying she traded a 2g thuwed for a 2g prize.

Absolute trades 2g Bronze Tinsels for 2g Thuweds she doesn't have yet (or used to, anyway--not that she ever told me which she needed. Apparently not the one I had! DX), and I'm pretty sure I've seen others as well, so it's worth shopping around for. If nothing else, you should be able to get a couple CB Golds and try to use THOSE as Prize bait.

Bred Coppers really aren't that rare unless the parent itself is something crazy (like a spriter's alt or prize), so I'd say not too much. I guess someone might offer you a CB slightly uncommon or a few hatchlings, though, but that'd be about it IMO. Coppers breed much, much better than they appear in cave, so for better or worse there's a big price fall after CB.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I agree with ADP on this one, especially since brown is the most common colour copper, and you're more likely to get copper from silver than you are the silver outcome. Copper with a more common mate might be worth more to someone looking for that particular pairing, but your best bet would be to find someone who wants a certain copper and then try to breed that specific combo.

Are CB Pink Pyralspites more like CB Silvers or CB Coppers in terms of rarity?

Or, to put it more aptly, could I trade my CB Green Copper for one? What if I added a CB Brown Copper?

The orange (spessartines from coast) are the second rarest of them. The pinks are considered the rarest, and can generally fetch a silver at the last. You could probably get one spess for both coppers, possibly even just the green copper, but not likely an almandine. The rarity/demand of the spessartines seems a bit in flux at the moment, as both almandines and spessartines were going for silvers not TOO long ago but spessartines have recently dropped to the point where you can get them cheaper.

Edited by harlequinraven

The orange (spessartines from alpine) are the rarest of them. The pinks are considered uncommon to low rare, depending on who you ask, so more in terms of copper. You could probably get one for both coppers, possibly even just the green copper. The rarity/demand of the almandines seems a bit in flux at the moment, as both almandines and spessartines were going for silvers not TOO long ago but have recently dropped to the point where you can get them cheaper.

I don't mean to be nitpicky here, but you've got the terminology wrong and I feel the need to clarify to avoid confusion.

-The breed name is Pyralspite Dragons.

-Almandine is the shiny pink one, from Alpine. It is the rarest by far. Worth about a CB Silver, *maybe* a CB Gold.

-Spessartine is the shiny orange one, from Coast. It was formerly as rare as Almandines but its rarity has abruptly dropped recently. You might be able to trade most colors of Coppers 1:1 for them if you're lucky.

-Pyrope is the dark red one, from Volcano. Not worth much at all, fairly common.

I don't mean to be nitpicky here, but you've got the terminology wrong and I feel the need to clarify to avoid confusion.

-The breed name is Pyralspite Dragons.

-Almandine is the shiny pink one, from Alpine. It is the rarest by far. Worth about a CB Silver, *maybe* a CB Gold.

-Spessartine is the shiny orange one, from Coast. It was formerly as rare as Almandines but its rarity has abruptly dropped recently. You might be able to trade most colors of Coppers 1:1 for them if you're lucky.

-Pyrope is the dark red one, from Volcano. Not worth much at all, fairly common.

Oops, you're right! I mixed up the two in my post. I'll fix that so there's no confusion. I had pink stuck in my head (the spessartine eggs look pinky to me and the almandine eggs look more garnet to me) and switched them around in my post.

Could I get a CB Almandine or Spessartine for my 2G PB alt Vine?

In my experience, 2nd gen alt vines can get you a cb brown or red copper, if you're lucky. Reading the posts above yours about almadine and spessartine value, I think an almadine is absolutely out of reach, but you might get a spessartine if you're lucky. Maybe try adding a couple of red/pink hatchies to your vine to increase your chances.

I currently have a 2G PB Silver on my scroll - I've decided to try and trade it for a 2G PB Alt Black female. Do you guys think that's a fair trade or do I need to add something?

Why do people keep asking for holiday dragons in their trades? I thought that they couldn't breed during the normal year?

Why do people keep asking for holiday dragons in their trades? I thought that they couldn't breed during the normal year?

You're right, they can't - some newer players maybe simply don't know, and a lot of the older players trade for IOUs (=I owe you, meaning that part of the trade is being completed later) of holidays.

@ Beldarius: While I think it's a fair trade in terms of value, it might be hard to complete it, because what you want is so specific, and because pb metals don't trade very well. You can increase your chances by accepting an IOU for the black, because it can take a while to get it (ask me - I'm trying to fulfill an IOU for a specific 2nd gen alt black since September).

Are they asking for actual holiday dragons or for mates for holiday dragons? As was mentioned, newer players don't always know you can't get them at the moment and there are sometimes IOUs involved with more experienced players. I, personally, often ask for the non-holiday mate I need for holiday dragons I picked up during the proper season, and I know a lot of other people do, as well.

Welp. Just caught my first Cheese, and I think, my first rare, as well. biggrin.gif

I kinda freaked out but still got it, somehow. poptartFINALTINY.gif

How much are they worth?

Still hoping to catch an Almandine/Spessartine trade, so coming back to that one:

Could I trade a CB Green Copper for a CB Almandine or CB Spessartine, or am I better off trying to trade the Green Copper up for a Red Copper first (and then attempt to trade the Red Copper for an Almandine/Spessartine)?

Welp. Just caught my first Cheese, and I think, my first rare, as well. biggrin.gif

I kinda freaked out but still got it, somehow. poptartFINALTINY.gif

How much are they worth?

You could ask for 3-4 hatchies, but I usually see them go for maybe 2.

Also a CB trio or a blusang would make a fair deal.

@Mistress of Whispers

I thought green coppers were considered to be the rarest of all three, personally I'd keep it.

Anyway, spessartines seem to appear more lately so you can try getting one of these, but I wouldn't hope for an almandine, they are still as rare as they were.

Still hoping to catch an Almandine/Spessartine trade, so coming back to that one:

Could I trade a CB Green Copper for a CB Almandine or CB Spessartine, or am I better off trying to trade the Green Copper up for a Red Copper first (and then attempt to trade the Red Copper for an Almandine/Spessartine)?

Verdigris (green) coppers are more valuable than rainbow (red) coppers, so you should totally try with the verdigris copper.

You should definitely be able to get a spessartine for a verdigris copper. An almandine might be tricky, but also worth a shot.

Edit: Totes ninja.gif 'd. Dark_Angel12345 has you covered. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Glad I asked then - I had the rarity of green and red coppers reversed smile.gif. Thanks!

What generation level of prize dragons are considered valuable? Is anything higher then 4th or 5th gen not worth much? Obviously 2nd and 3rd gen are best, but beyond that, what's good to trade with?

You could ask for 3-4 hatchies, but I usually see them go for maybe 2.

Also a CB trio or a blusang would make a fair deal.

I can confirm this, as I traded a Cheese egg for 2 CB hatchies just today.

I can confirm this, as I traded a Cheese egg for 2 CB hatchies just today.

Common hatchies?

What generation level of prize dragons are considered valuable? Is anything higher then 4th or 5th gen not worth much? Obviously 2nd and 3rd gen are best, but beyond that, what's good to trade with?

2nd gen prizes are definitely the most valuable. 3rd gen prizes may be valuable depending on the trader, for example, if it's a common line, many traders may be looking for more uncommon or rarer lines. 4th gens may be valuable if it's from a rare line, but not so much if it's a common line. A 5th+ gen are not too valuable, but I'm sure you can get 1-2 CB hatchies for one. smile.gif

Up to 5th gens you can usually get SOMETHING for. I get CB silvers for my 3rd gens from 2015 lines. I usually ask for trios or mates I need for lined dragons for my 4th gens. I never bother trading 5th gens, but I've seen people get a CB hatchie or two for them, especially if it's not a common line.

What's the worth of this CB Copper?

Edit: @whatever mod edited my post to remove view spam - sorry, my bad. :/

Edited by The Flash

What's the worth of this CB Copper?

Edit: @whatever mod edited my post to remove view spam - sorry, my bad. :/

Brown coppers are the least valuable of coppers, but they are still rare. I've seen people asking or offering two CB trios for them.

(And that's what I would give for it too, because I can catch a trio quite easily, but very rarely I manage to get any copper.)

Common hatchies?

A Bloodscale and a Pink, so yeah pretty common. But then again, I also needed both of them so that was perfectly fine.