Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I have a more general trading question!

I offered an IOU of a 2nd-gen PB Silver in exchange for a Valentine, back in February, and it was accepted so I got my Valentine. Then my silvers decided to take FOUR MONTHS to produce a Silver egg... but it finally happened.

I've PMed the person to whom I owe the Silver twice; once when it was an egg, and again after it reached ER time and it hatched. There has been no response. This person's last visible forum post was also back in February from what I can tell from their profile, and they don't have an email address listed there.

At what point do I give up and offer this Silver up for trade? Is there a way to check when somebody last signed in to DC or the Forums? And is there any area of the site where you can post "Hey You, Please Contact Me!"/"If you know Person X, please contact them on my behalf!" type messages? (Obviously, I have a line in my signature about it, but there's been no result.)

If it were a common, I'd be okay with trying again if and when they came back online; but for a rare that took four months to produce, I'm not eager to attempt a repeat if this person doesn't respond and then later shows up and wants me to fulfill the IOU. Is this reasonable? How would you handle this situation?

Thanks for the input, everyone; I look forward to seeing your answers!

Can you view their scroll? If so do they have recently added hatchies or eggs, adults from the last release? If they do then perhaps a great big brightly colored message in your siggy for them to pm you? (the one you have now doesn't really stand out, I had to go back and look for it)

ETA thumbs_up.png siggy is much more noticable!

I'd say if they have no b'day dragons on their scroll they've gone inactive so I'd do what ever you like with the egg. If they come back later maybe try another time or two to be nice, with the understanding that you aren't obligated to keep trying until you get another silver..

Edited by Tawanda001

Can you view their scroll? If so do they have recently added hatchies or eggs, adults from the last release? If they do then perhaps a great big brightly colored message in your siggy for them to pm you? (the one you have now doesn't really stand out, I had to go back and look for it)

Hmm. If the scroll name is the same as their forum name, there are no growing eggs/hatchlings on it (but nothing dead, either). The adult at the top of the scroll grew up in March, though I have no way of immediately checking whether that's the most recently-grown-up dragon they have. EDIT: found a couple that grew up in April, so obviously the scroll's not sorted by date.

I will try to make the signature line flashier! I'm not much of a coder beyond bold and color, though; what would stand out?

EDIT: Made it big and red; how's that? biggrin.gif

Edited by ferdelance

How much is this guy worth for trades? Picked him up in the AP and debating whether to keep or trade him. Also has a nice code. Nike?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/n0ike

If you like the eggy, it's better to keep it smile.gif

Some people collect metalfails and might give you a common hatchie for it, but apart from that it's not worth much trade-wise. The code is cute, but my experience with codes is that they're only worth a lot if they are perfect 5-letter-words. Also, cb code dragons are more popular than lineaged ones.

OK i have a cb copper from the jungle and i'm being offered a black egg but with a interesting lineage

its second gen from a sweetling alt and i don't know it i should trade it

will the offspring if that black be good for trading? if so what should i breed it with if i don't have a cb sweetling?

EDIT:also would breeding those eggs make value offspring? because in case i didn't get anything i liked i influenced both of them but trading will remove it

Edited by blockEdragon

Worth of a CB Paper?

i have never seen a CB paper so its probably worth more then a cheese

but they cant breed so its not worth as much as the other rares

OK i have a cb copper from the jungle and i'm being offered a black egg but with a interesting lineage

its second gen from a sweetling alt and i don't know it i should trade it

will the offspring if that black be good for trading? if so what should i breed it with if i don't have a cb sweetling?

EDIT:also would breeding those eggs make value offspring? because in case i didn't get anything i liked i influenced both of them but trading will remove it

About Sweetling alt, you mean the black Sweetlings or the actual Spriter's alts Sweetlings?

because if it's from the Brown or lighter pink colored Sweetlings, from Spriter's alts, go for them! Don't think twice!

However, if it's from a black Sweetling, I honestly don't think it's enough, specially if you don't own a CB one to continue the lineage, and even if you had, I wouldn't trade a CB Copper for it u.u

About Sweetling alt, you mean the black Sweetlings or the actual Spriter's alts Sweetlings?

because if it's from the Brown or lighter pink colored Sweetlings, from Spriter's alts, go for them! Don't think twice!

However, if it's from a black Sweetling, I honestly don't think it's enough, specially if you don't own a CB one to continue the lineage, and even if you had, I wouldn't trade a CB Copper for it u.u

black

ok thanks!

Worth of a CB Paper?

Preeeeetty sure it is about as rare as Cheeses and Dinos. Though if you offer one and don't restrict acceptable offers to crazy things, you can get some sweet stuff. Could be wrong though

Preeeeetty sure it is about as rare as Cheeses and Dinos. Though if you offer one and don't restrict acceptable offers to crazy things, you can get some sweet stuff. Could be wrong though

Interesting. Well, I let it grow up. New question: What's worth more, a 2G Silver x common mate, or a 2G PB Silver?

Interesting. Well, I let it grow up. New question: What's worth more, a 2G Silver x common mate, or a 2G PB Silver?

I'd say a 2G PB, but some people will trade more if they need a 2G Silver x common for a lineage.

Not thinking of trading, but just for the record - how much can one get for a CB silver?

Not thinking of trading, but just for the record - how much can one get for a CB silver?

It's been a looooong time since I've posted in here so I'll start with Fox's question.

Since I think you know what amount of rares you could get for a CB Silver I'll just let you know what I get for it for CB Commons in packs/singles. If you just wanna make sure I don't really have a problem with posting a new post about it. Just let me know o-o

You can get 60 CB Common hatchlings for it. Atm I have an IOU with another player (IOU owed to me) for 250 CB White hatchlings in exchange of 2 CB Silvers/2 CB Golds (basically 62.5 CB Whites per CB Metal). I made this trade 5 months ago if you're wondering how recent that is. I additionally paid a few more CB Silvers out for 60 CB Whites each.

Also yes, CB Golds can get you 2 CB Silvers (and at the moment a few are willing to give 1-2 more since it's rumored CB Golds have a huge shortage atm), but I decided since I was going to get over 200 CB Hatchlings anyways I might as well charge it for what I usually do with CB Silvers.

Off-topic relating to Fox's question, but a tip for anyone who's doing PB lineages and want to speed it up with rare trading. Don't ask for PB hatchlings, ask for CB hatchlings. It's much faster and I learned people don't generally care if you want CB instead of PB. I used to prefer PB hatchlings originally so I could conserve space for other stuff, but after thinking for awhile and how long it took for people to do PB hatchies I switched to CBs. Yes, if you trade for too much like me than you will be locked with just that breed as hatchlings and generally frustrate the other person if you have so much IOUs coming at you all at once. Sometimes I have people that have IOUs with me and just surprise me at last second with a hatchling that will grow within an hour or two or 8, but I'm already asleep and by the time I wake up it's grown. Then the hard part is judging whether or not to count it because if you do they might be too angry at you and drop your trade completely meaning no more for you. I haven't ran into this problem luckily, but I have had people agree and then never see them again. dry.gif Back to the PB thing originally if I wanted to trade off a CB Trio then I asked for something like this:

Have: CB Ice (with clickable picture cause I feel that makes a little difference)

Want:

5g PB White hatchling/egg

2x 4g PB White hatchling -or-

4x 3g PB White hatchlings -or-

5x 2g PB White hatchlings

PS: Will accept CB white hatchlings, but it must be enough to make a 5g PB White. Any combination is okay with me.

So basically 16 CB Hatchlings. I now only ask for 10 for a quicker trade (which isn't much quicker might be because people have enough of them now).

Back to the IOU thing. I really don't suggest and advise against you trading with people you don't know when it comes to CB metals in exchange of a huge IOU. If you know the person/traded with them before go ahead and initiate with them, but if you can't catch it/breed trade fodder for it very easily then it's probably a lot better for you to keep it rather than setting yourself into disappointment. I haven't had anyone "scam" me out of a CB metal/copper/ND I traded to them for an IOU of whatever it is I asked, however I have for CB Trios/Unbreedables/Blusangs, but it's generally because I just give it to whoever comes first with wanting to do the IOU. I noticed it's usually people that have seen my offer from EATW. I'm basing it's people from EATW because most of the time it's people with only a post count of 1-5 messaging me a day or two after I put up the trade in EATW (I generally give my trade up here for two days and after that I post into EATW). But anyways, that's to say I've also had a couple IOUs from people here that didn't hone to their IOUs either from post counts from 1 to over a thousand.

Uhm more to say e.e;

Oh. If you've seen someone post a lot around the forums and personally don't really know them or have traded with them, but they're interested in doing an IOU just base off whether you can or cannot trust them by the quality of their post. I think nearly anyone who does an IOU, but is somewhat known around a few sections or one generally WILL follow up with their IOU because usually they're scared of "This person might tell others/post a thread/put it in their profile/sig". It's not fool-proof but it's to help you gauge whether or not you want to trust them. Yes you're not suppose to post a thread/post about how x scammed you and nothing will be done about it by the staff, but it does happen and people I think are scared of it being as a possibility. xd.png I rarely rarely rarely rarely ever turn down an IOU for a trade I have up though.

If you want just a hoard of different CB hatchlings just let the person have a list of the species of dragons they can get you and x amount you're willing to take max. Oh and ALWAYS check the teleports to make sure they're CBs/what you wanted just in case someone is trying to play you. I haven't ran into this problem, but it's always good to mention. Sometimes it may even be an honest mistake!

Also for those that are reading this, but want messies instead/don't care about lineage. Stick to the number I gave with CBs because I can guarantee that you won't make double of what I proposed. All it will do for you though is get a faster trade if you want messies instead of CBs. I think you may be able to squeeze an extra 10% and at max 20-25%, but anymore is really pushing it.

Don't ever ask for eggs you can always get hatchlings and you have more hatchling space than you do egg space. Hopefully this helps someone that has been thinking of doing a CB hoard collection by trading CB rares or just a hoard collection in general. wink.gif

Also good luck to you Fox if you ever decide to trade that CB Silver, but congrats in the first place for catching it! biggrin.gif

Other rares, I think? Maybe a handful of coppers (3+? It might be possible to get with 2 but coppers are getting more visible lately...?). If you're lucky, someone *might* trade you an Almandine.

I wouldn't really offer a ton of hatchies for a single egg, though, maybe unless I really, really, really need the egg, or unless I generally like trading with the person. Actually I don't think it's much different from its value a few months ago?

Technically you "can" get a ton of hatchies for it like Saynna suggests, but I personally wouldn't assume it's the actual "fair market value" of a Silver atm. Still highly subjective when it comes to commons/uncommons, or depends on the trader. If you're trading them for holiday IOUs, ideally less than 10.

I mean someone trades them 1:1, biggest IOU I've had for it was 5.

Edited by Pandalf

You can get 60 CB Common hatchlings for it. Atm I have an IOU with another player (IOU owed to me) for 250 CB White hatchlings in exchange of 2 CB Silvers/2 CB Golds (basically 62.5 CB Whites per CB Metal). I made this trade 5 months ago if you're wondering how recent that is. I additionally paid a few more CB Silvers out for 60 CB Whites each.

ohmy.gif 60 cb common hatchlings for a cb silver....that is a lot......

i personally wouldnt go over 25, wether its on the receiving or giving end.

i traded multiple cb silvers for 6 - 8 2nd gen holiday hatchies each (halloween, christmas, valentines)

i guess i was under asking.

Edited by djengis

i traded multiple cb silvers for 6 - 8 2nd gen holiday hatchies each (halloween, christmas, valentines)

I have to agree with this. I recently got a CB Silver for just 15 hatchies, so somewhere around 20 seems reasonable.

I wouldn't say that's 'underasking'.

Generally speaking, there's a notable difference between 'what you can get for a CB metallic if you're patient' and 'what you should ask for if you want a reasonably quick trade'. If you ask for 60 hatchlings, it might take a while for someone to bite, but you can usually get that, because some people are willing to invest that time into a CB metallic, e.g. given they don't have one yet (or they just like hatching commons, which might be true for me if I ever make a deal like that).

I'd also ask about 20 hatchlings for a CB silver, but that's in part because I don't like dithering and waiting. smile.gif Not that I've caught enough CB metallics to have ever had the luxurious situation that I felt like trading one for commons.

tl;dr: Depends on whether you want to maximise your gain or don't want to risk the critter growing up on your scroll (though in the case of CB metallics the risk is fairly negligible as long as all you're asking is commons).

Agree with the others, a couple of dozen hatchies would be my top offer ever. I've gotten nicer things than a cb silver for far less than 60 hatchies.

Not to mention I can't imagine putting myself in servitude to someones scroll for that long, nor asking it of another player. That's weeks, if not months of raising stuff for an egg or two. blink.gif

Well Fox did ask what you /can/ get for a CB Silver and I was just giving what I have gotten for a CB Silver. I wasn't saying you can't get a CB Silver for a lot cheaper or that you shouldn't go lower if you want. It wasn't once, but multiple times o3o I think I have given out 6-8 CB Silvers that way. I have to check again and that's without the 2 Silvers I was mentioning earlier being bundled with the 2 golds. If you do 20 I think that should get you a really quick PM since I used to do CB Trios/unbreedables at 16 and 1 out of 7-8 ever grew on me. My worst luck was trading Cheeses though. o-o With mine I've either had people come to me asking if we could work something out or I have posted it up (usually the latter). As for the 2g Holiday hatchlings that's a very different case since you can only get them in a week of breeding compared to CB Whites being available all year round (not to mention common CB) excluding holiday/regular releases where it's just 1-3 breeds of an egg for like a day. If someone did that they would have to sacrifice their holiday CBs and rely on someone else for 2g's if they were planning on using their CBs for that breeding season.

It just really depends on your trade style if you would rather want a quick trade or you don't mind if the egg hatches and grows up (like me) and of course I wouldn't mind if a CB Silver grew up on my scroll and I couldn't trade it. ^^ When I trade I prefer to max my profits if I can. Though I do enjoy a quick trade here and there of course. smile.gif

Agree with the others, a couple of dozen hatchies would be my top offer ever. I've gotten nicer things than a cb silver for far less than 60 hatchies.

Not to mention I can't imagine  putting myself in servitude to someones scroll for that long, nor asking it of another player. That's weeks, if not months of raising stuff for an egg or two. blink.gif

I, for example, got my CB silver when I promised an IOU to someone who asked me to get them six 2nd gen purebred black marrow hatchlings, which I find pretty easy to do once Halloween starts. Back then I thought it was a bargain!

It all depends on who has the egg that you want and what they ask for in return. This varies from slightly to drastically from one player to another.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

To be fair, I think it only says "Multiple offers of White Hatchlings" on Saynna's post and whoever was the most desperate of the egg just randomly threw in an unbeatable number to secure the trade.

I mean, I know it only because I do it. xd.png

Still though. 60. Man. xd.png That's gonna take months.

I'm also working on 15 commons for one cb silver. I thought that was a good trade. I wouldn't do 60! But if someone will- good for them.

I'd say a 2G PB, but some people will trade more if they need a 2G Silver x common for a lineage.

I'd go the exact opposite. It's much easier to get a purebred silver, and more people ask for metals from common mates than purebred ones.