Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

From my experience pretty much any 3rd gen stair Prize is tradeable for a CB Gold with some luck and patience. xd.png But then again I don't pay attention to line years or rarity so I'm always persistent in my trades even with old lines.

Right now CB Golds seem to be rarer than before, though (maybe that's just me). If you cannot get a Gold offer, maybe also include an option of 2 CB Silver eggs or something, to try swapping those for a CB Gold?

I'll second the feeling that Golds are a lot more rare than they used to be; I get the same feeling about Silvers (to a lesser extent). So... I think the problem here is that most people don't have the actual egg to trade, and not that they wouldn't think it's worth it.

I'll second the feeling that Golds are a lot more rare than they used to be; I get the same feeling about Silvers (to a lesser extent). So... I think the problem here is that most people don't have the actual egg to trade, and not that they wouldn't think it's worth it.

Could be the new releases.

Releases always tinker with rarity.

I was wondering the same (though not sure about what direction you're thinking).

I've seen mentions of everything from 'a 2G prize' to 'exactly what any 2G of the breed would be' but no actual traders saying what they've given/got.

Anyone who trades a 2g Thuwed for a 2g of that breed from normal parents is absolutely shooting themselves in the foot. <___<

2g Thuweds can absolutely go for CB Metals / 2g Prizes. Personally I once put up a 2g Thuwed for trade not expecting much (it was from Waverunner x Swallowtail) and got an offer of 2 CB Golds + 2 CB Silvers, which I happily accepted. I've also seen a few prize owners and I thinkkk a few Spriter's Alt owners who will always trade for ones they don't have.

Also in terms of seeing CB Golds / CB Silvers around, I feel like I've seen a ton more CB Silvers around lately than usual (like at one point I ended up with 3 CB Silvers from trades when I wasn't expecting to get 1, and I saw several other people posting mass clumps of CB Silvers for trade at the same time), whereas I've seen relatively few CB Golds around.

Although my 3g Gold Tinsel traded for one within ten minutes, which was both an unexpected surprise and an answer to my question! biggrin.gif

Anyone who trades a 2g Thuwed for a 2g of that breed from normal parents is absolutely shooting themselves in the foot. <___<

2g Thuweds can absolutely go for CB Metals / 2g Prizes. Personally I once put up a 2g Thuwed for trade not expecting much (it was from Waverunner x Swallowtail) and got an offer of 2 CB Golds + 2 CB Silvers, which I happily accepted. I've also seen a few prize owners and I thinkkk a few Spriter's Alt owners who will always trade for ones they don't have.

Useful (and pretty surprising) information, thank you! smile.gif

I was wondering the same (though not sure about what direction you're thinking).

I've seen mentions of everything from 'a 2G prize' to 'exactly what any 2G of the breed would be' but no actual traders saying what they've given/got.

Well, I'm currently on the breeding list for "any egg" so if it's not from a pairing I really like I might trade it.

Okay, thank you for the info! CB Metallics/2nd gen Prize do sound reasonable, I just didn't know at all how sought-after 2nd gen Thuweds are.

Multiple CB Metals for a 2gen Thuwed is definitely possible, I have done that.

In trade terms, which is more valuable: a 3G stair/spiral Metallic, or a 3EG Metallic?

Are Metallic deadlines at all tradeable? Assuming they're not messy, i.e. a 3EG PB Metallic with all tombstones in the base?

Thanks!

In trade terms, which is more valuable: a 3G stair/spiral Metallic, or a 3EG Metallic?

Are Metallic deadlines at all tradeable? Assuming they're not messy, i.e. a 3EG PB Metallic with all tombstones in the base?

Thanks!

3G Checkers seem to be more valuable than stairs/spirals.

Not that sure about deadlines.

Personally I kinda like so would trade for one that appeals to me, but that may be just me.

Well, I'm currently on the breeding list for "any egg" so if it's not from a pairing I really like I might trade it.

Okay, thank you for the info! CB Metallics/2nd gen Prize do sound reasonable, I just didn't know at all how sought-after 2nd gen Thuweds are.

Some pairings are more sought after than others, so you might want to keep that in mind.

Pygmy and two heads don't seem to be as popular as the others, so probably wouldn't trade for as much as offspring from one of the newer pairs for example.

Not that sure about deadlines.

Personally I kinda like so would trade for one that appeals to me, but that may be just me.

Thanks for the input! I guess I'll breed mine (two pairs: one 2G PB Gold deadline and one 2G PB Silver deadline) and put them up for offers if they produce. See what/if I can get smile.gif.

Clarification: These are traditional Metal deadlines, not Prizes. They were genuine 2G once, but the parents' scroll got burned (I assume).

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Some pairings are more sought after than others, so you might want to keep that in mind.

Pygmy and two heads don't seem to be as popular as the others, so probably wouldn't trade for as much as offspring from one of the newer pairs for example.

I see, thank you for the information.

I also have another question: what could I get for a 3rd gen Gold from a stairstep with Holiday mates? Like it was said here before, stairsteps don't seem to be as valuable as checkers, so I was wondering what this could be worth.

What are hollies worth? I am going to be breeding holidays for the first time this year, and would like to know what the babies of my babies are worth. One is a messy deadline female, the other is a second gen deadline male. They will be bred with my (messy) golds this Christmas so even if they don't make tons of actual holidays, there's a chance of shiny. What are the kids worth?

Would it be possible to get at least one CB metal for a 3G thuwed (would look like this)? If not, could I get one for one of their solstice offspring next christmas?

EDIT: Oh well, thanks whitebaron!

Edited by Avarule

Would it be possible to get at least one CB metal for a 3G thuwed (would look like this)? If not, could I get one for one of their solstice offspring next christmas?

no, and probably neither on the solstice, unless you mean "cb brown copper" as metallic, then yes, you might get it. :-)

What are hollies worth? I am going to be breeding holidays for the first time this year, and would like to know what the babies of my babies are worth. One is a messy deadline female, the other is a second gen deadline male. They will be bred with my (messy) golds this Christmas so even if they don't make tons of actual holidays, there's a chance of shiny. What are the kids worth?

Messy/deadline Hollies are generally not worth too much anymore, unless you hatched the offspring for people to freeze. Just browsing the Departures thread around Christmas time, people are giving away lots of messy/high-gen Hollies. Low-gen (2-3, maybe 4) Hollies are still arguably the most valuable thing on the site. I have even seen some people trade 2G prizes for 3EG Hollies, and a 2G Holly is worth much, much more (than a 2G prize)

Also, forgive me if I'm misinterpreting this, but Holidays only breed themselves in season, and they never fail to do so (even if the pair has refused in the past). So there is no chance of a metallic offspring during Christmas breeding, and there is also no chance of them failing to breed.

What are CB Coppers worth nowadays? While looking for Nebulae, I somehow managed to catch two (brown) Coppers, but considering that they stayed in the cave long enough for me to stop staring and click on them, they are probably not as rare anymore as last time I owned one. X) Do you think I could get a CB Silver for them?

Yeah. I've seen it trade 2:1 (2 coppers to one silver) but it may or may not depend on the color.

Browns are the most common of the coppers. Two greens you could probably get a silver for. Maybe one green and a red/rainbow. If someone really needed a copper, maybe two reds, but I wouldn't count on it. Rarely you can trade brown coppers up for reds, but it needs to be the right situation.

I see Browns a bit less often than trios, reds are less common still but do pop up, greens I rarely see.

Okay, thank you two. I'll just try it, but I know that I shouldn't expect too much now. smile.gif

Edit: I managed to swap one of the Browns for a Red one and got a CB Silver for the two. If you have patience, it's not impossible. happy.gif

Edited by The_Imago

What are third gen PB Metallics worth? Things like Golds and Silvers, not Coppers.

ETA: Thanks, @The_Bucket and @harlequinraven, I'm trying to accumulate mates for all the second gen Valentines I got this year. (Three of each past breed, all continuable, I was/still am very proud.)

Edited by shadowfighter

What are third gen PB Metallics worth? Things like Golds and Silvers, not Coppers.

Not too much, unless somebody is looking for them for a lineage. Probably a CB hatchling, two if you're lucky. They do make good gifts to people who don't have (m)any metallics, though.

This is one of those things that seems to waver, to be honest. Sometimes I can get a pretty decent trade (like a CB copper) and multiple offers on it, other times I can't trade them at all. I'd say set the bar a bit higher to start, and if you don't get a bite, try for something lower. I like to use them for getting mates for dragons I need but don't want to bother actually spending the time/effort getting otherwise. xd.png

Okay, so, I just got this baby. It's mother is the first and only child from that line, and adding in the fact that it it is a 3rd gen from an already relatively rare (by that I mean there are already few prizes from Sansa) line, what is it worth?

Okay, so, I just got this baby. It's mother is the first and only child from that line, and adding in the fact that it it is a 3rd gen from an already relatively rare (by that I mean there are already few prizes from Sansa) line, what is it worth?

If you're more patient than I am, you could likely get a CB silver, maybe a CB gold. It depends on the market at the time, and what people have. I wouldn't personally go for less than a CB silver or two CB green coppers.

In addition to Shadowfighter's question - I too have just got a Desipis x Bronze Tinsel (2015), but a 4th. Here!

There seem to be fewer children. For those interested

So how much of a drop in value is caused by that extra generation?