Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Good catch, didn't notice I had it backwards. Apologies.

And yes, I was trying to get at the fact that the alpine nebs were only trading for more simply because someone needed them for a project and was willing to pay a higher price. I've seen people trade high for something they want "RIGHT NOW' for a project, even if most other people wouldn't think it was worth a cb stone. xd.png

Yes this is what I am trying to say.

It does not make the breed worth more in General. But it may be convinient for someone who has the means to offer high to do so in order to get a fast trade.

I offered the first Sibling of https://dragcave.net/lineage/5HAzv for CB Gemshards. I got insanely high offers for it because people who actually had the means wanted this now. Or didn't have what I wanted and opted to offer higher than what I asked for to get the egg.

The problem with this is though that a lot of people who see such insane offers being made come to the conclusion that this is not an exception of someone offering high to get a trade fast but a regular price.

This is part of why Tinsels and Shimmers are the main money making press on this site.

Well, go to the Alpine now. xd.png

I've seen more than 10 today.

May or may not be because the desert ones are getting taken more quickly due to more people in the biome.

It's indeed because Desert is clogged with new eggs and Nebbs need somewhere to go xd.png

I've caught two since yesterday and I'm sure I saw more than ten as well tongue.gif

What are april release eggs going for at the moment?

What about april release eggs from the release day?

They don't seem hard to catch anymore.

They even sit for several refreshes.

Some people may prefer dragons caught on the release day but IMO it doesn't make any difference really.

I know several people will offer nice metallics and prices and the like for new eggs or hatchies, but those guys are usually overpaying. But that kind of offers pup up every release.

They don't really seem that rare though.

Edited by Nalyua

I'm not asking how hard they are to catch, I'm asking what sorts of things I can expect to get if I put them up for trade. wink.gif

Like I said some people will offer nice low gen metallics and prizes for several eggs or hatchies. But generally that's overpay.

You can probably swap them for other stuff like CB Striped or Blacks or reds or so. When I say I don't think they are rare I mean like "they are worth roughly the same as most of the other dragons around". But I also mean that people can usually catch them easily and thus won't pay insane prices for them. Sorry me and my way with words.

They are not worth CB metallics/rares apiece though.

IMO if you wanna make a good deal I'd trade them now.

Edited by Nalyua

I'm not asking how hard they are to catch, I'm asking what sorts of things I can expect to get if I put them up for trade. wink.gif

They'd definitely be worth more as hatchlings, as usual. There are several people in EATW's market asking for hatchlings and offering even-gen prizes, 4th gen prizes, bred metallics, CB trios, that sort of thing -- but multiple hatchlings or "the highest offer" for each egg. Closest to an actual number I've seen is "at least four" or "an IOU of five". I haven't seen anyone today asking specifically for hatchlings from release day, but there were plenty the day after, and I'm sure there are still some people who want hatchlings from the release day.

As Nalyua said, trade them soon!

What can I get for a 2nd gen PB black alt these days?

I have one up for trade, but no bites so far. I'm not even asking for something in specific; I just refer to my wishlist. Or can it be because it's so short after a new release, people are still filling up with those?

I have one up for trade, but no bites so far. I'm not even asking for something in specific; I just refer to my wishlist. Or can it be because it's so short after a new release, people are still filling up with those?

The new release is definitely going to make trading more difficult, yeah.

That being said, if you refer people to wishlists, especially to trade something that's considered quite rare, they'll often assume either your wishlist is full of unobtainium that they can't supply (i.e. not bother clicking), or that if there are non-unobtainium things on your wishlist, that you wouldn't accept a trade for those.

If you mention the general ballpark from which point on you're willing to trade, that might help. The fact you mention a 2G prize is probably off-putting. You also don't allow IOUs, that's also a big factor that'll cut into the amount of offers you'll get.

Edited by pinkgothic

The new release is definitely going to make trading more difficult, yeah.

That being said, if you refer people to wishlists, especially to trade something that's considered quite rare, they'll often assume either your wishlist is full of unobtainium that they can't supply (i.e. not bother clicking), or that if there are non-unobtainium things on your wishlist, that you wouldn't accept a trade for those.

If you mention the general ballpark from which point on you're willing to trade, that might help. The fact you mention a 2G prize is probably off-putting. You also don't allow IOUs, that's also a big factor that'll cut into the amount of offers you'll get.

I agree

Also: people may not bother with sifting through random links provided by people in order to find a trade.

I clear want-section is one of the keys to successfull trading IMO.

Also: your Link to your WL is tiny. I spent several minutes just to find it. Which adds to my point that People may simply not bother.

Edited by Nalyua

Guys,

Cheese dragons. I know that most people already have their share, that they don't need dozens of them, and so on. I clicked on the cheezy eggy before i had a chance to think whether I really needed it, so I decided to trade it away for... an Orchedrake. i don't have any, I think they are cute, and that maybe some newbie would be glad to exchange one for another and gain a cheap cheese. I also mentioned I would be happy with a CB Daydream or something with a nice lineage, no matter how rare. But, no offers. No PMs. Nothing

My question-is it too specific? Are Orchedrakes rare? And what would be fair and reasonable to ask for a Cheese egg I don't really want on my scroll?

Thank you smile.gif

Guys,

Cheese dragons. I know that most people already have their share, that they don't need dozens of them, and so on. I clicked on the cheezy eggy before i had a chance to think whether I really needed it, so I decided to trade it away for... an Orchedrake. i don't have any, I think they are cute, and that maybe some newbie would be glad to exchange one for another and gain a cheap cheese. I also mentioned I would be happy with a CB Daydream or something with a nice lineage, no matter how rare. But, no offers. No PMs. Nothing

My question-is it too specific? Are Orchedrakes rare? And what would be fair and reasonable to ask for a Cheese egg I don't really want on my scroll?

Thank you smile.gif

I think you're doing what you intended: offering an easy to get cheese.

My guess is as good as yours, but I think a lot of people are locked up with new eggs and don't have what you want at hand or don't want a cheese right now.

How rare are 2nd gen PB alt vines? I pretty much am able to regularly breed one and never have many takers. I get the feeling black alts are more rare. They're basically my only bargaining chip to trade for other items. Those flipping spessartine eggs will be the death of me, I just need 1 CB argh....

How rare are 2nd gen PB alt vines? I pretty much am able to regularly breed one and never have many takers. I get the feeling black alts are more rare. They're basically my only bargaining chip to trade for other items. Those flipping spessartine eggs will be the death of me, I just need 1 CB argh....

Alt Vines are probably about as rare as alt blacks, though they do also seem to cycle in and out of times with bigger distribution.

They are probably not that sought after though. That's more your problem than them being too Common I think.

If they are (demand set aside) worth CB Spessartines is debateable.

Alt Vines are probably about as rare as alt blacks, though they do also seem to cycle in and out of times with bigger distribution.

They are probably not that sought after though. That's more your problem than them being too Common I think.

If they are (demand set aside) worth CB Spessartines is debateable.

Yeah I have noticed that cycling I'll go a month and get a couple out of my vines and then my blacks all of sudden give me alts and no alt vines. Oh well.

Are CB spessartines super duper rare then?

Yeah I have noticed that cycling I'll go a month and get a couple out of my vines and then my blacks all of sudden give me alts and no alt vines. Oh well.

Are CB spessartines super duper rare then?

I've seen more CB Silvers than CB Spessartines and CB Almandines combined.

I almost died of shock when I caught a Spess a couple of nights ago while everyone was distracted with the new dragons xd.png

I've seen more CB Silvers than CB Spessartines and CB Almandines combined.

I almost died of shock when I caught a Spess a couple of nights ago while everyone was distracted with the new dragons xd.png

Nice! I never see CB metals so looks like I'll have to keep refreshing lol.

Nice! I never see CB metals so looks like I'll have to keep refreshing lol.

I also suggest when you try and trade the to make some alternatives especially if you want to get rid of those alts.

Want X,Y,Z or ABC

Most important is X, offer one and it's an auto-accept

If there are several things you may want of course. That way you attract more people who may possibly want your alt ^^

Is a 3g Gold Tinsel from Gold Wyvern likely to be able to get a CB Gold in exchange? I've seen Silver / Bronze Prizes go for CB Silvers decently often, but I'm not sure if the change to Gold Prize is enough to bump my expectations to a CB Gold or what. ;m;

Is a 3g Gold Tinsel from Gold Wyvern likely to be able to get a CB Gold in exchange? I've seen Silver / Bronze Prizes go for CB Silvers decently often, but I'm not sure if the change to Gold Prize is enough to bump my expectations to a CB Gold or what. ;m;

Depends on the year. 2015, probably yes. 2014, possibly. 2013 and older is somewhat unlikely. With a slightly less common mate you'd probably have little to no trouble, but here it largely depends on who has a CB gold on hand they're looking to trade. I've traded a 2014 Gold Tinsel x Tsunami for a CB gold once, although I offered on an existing trade, so it really does depend on who is looking to trade a CB gold at the moment, and doesn't just want a 2G prize for it.

From my experience pretty much any 3rd gen stair Prize is tradeable for a CB Gold with some luck and patience. xd.png But then again I don't pay attention to line years or rarity so I'm always persistent in my trades even with old lines.

Right now CB Golds seem to be rarer than before, though (maybe that's just me). If you cannot get a Gold offer, maybe also include an option of 2 CB Silver eggs or something, to try swapping those for a CB Gold?

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Right now Golds seem to be rarer than before, though (maybe that's just me).

They feel rarer in proportion because of two reasons.

1. Only about half of the 2015 Gold Tinsels have actually been found.

2. There used to be so few CB prizes that all colors felt essentially the same rarity, with only minor differences. Now that the number has more than doubled, that also means the number of 2Gs for trade has drastically increased. While it may have once been a nearly once-a-month occurrence to even see a 2G prize for trade, now multiples come in in one week, often even daily. This makes the difference between colors a lot more noticeable. It is my hope that people don't get all caught up in color-based rarity, and I will personally continue to value prizes equally regardless of breed, color and year, but there is absolutely no debate that a 2015 gold prize is worth many, many times more than a 2012 bronze prize in the eyes of traders.

Oops.

Edited by The_Bucket

They feel rarer in proportion because of two reasons.

1. Only about half of the 2015 Gold Tinsels have actually been found.

2. There used to be so few CB prizes that all colors felt essentially the same rarity, with only minor differences. Now that the number has more than doubled, that also means the number of 2Gs for trade has drastically increased. While it may have once been a nearly once-a-month occurrence to even see a 2G prize for trade, now multiples come in in one week, often even daily. This makes the difference between colors a lot more noticeable. It is my hope that people don't get all caught up in color-based rarity, and I will personally continue to value prizes equally regardless of breed, color and year, but there is absolutely no debate that a 2015 gold prize is worth many, many times more than a 2012 bronze prize in the eyes of traders.

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I was talking about Golds in the cave (original Golds, not Prizes), I've been seeing less of them in the cave and trades than before, apologies if I phrased it in an awkward way. smile.gif

What are 2nd gen Thuweds worth? I haven't really seen any in trading topics so I have no clue what they could be traded for. huh.gif

What are 2nd gen Thuweds worth? I haven't really seen any in trading topics so I have no clue what they could be traded for. huh.gif

I was wondering the same (though not sure about what direction you're thinking).

I've seen mentions of everything from 'a 2G prize' to 'exactly what any 2G of the breed would be' but no actual traders saying what they've given/got.