Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What is a 2nd gen. Undine Alt PB worth?

Also what can you get for a CB Almandine?

They are both worth a lot. The almandine can probably get you a CB gold if you're lucky. The alt is worth far less, but you should still be able to get moderately rare items for that.

What is the current demand for red dorsals? (CB)

They are both worth a lot. The almandine can probably get you a CB gold if you're lucky. The alt is worth far less, but you should still be able to get moderately rare items for that.

What is the current demand for red dorsals? (CB)

CB red dorsals in my opinion are probably worth about 3-4 cb common-uncommon hatchies or a 2nd gen metal if you're lucky smile.gif

Edited by Doublelift

Well, thanks everyone anyways  smile.gif

I'm those persons who can't just catch rares. I was so happy to get the CB green copper, the first I get since their release. I was hopeful to get a 2nd gen Shimmer, but I see that probably won't happen... I can't just catch 4 CB metals, if I catch one per year I'm already lucky.

It's just that with longer shimmer gens the trades are quite difficult. Part of the fun in DC is trading, and I can't do it anymore. I'm just sad  sad.gif

If it's trade fodder you want, you might consider widening your search to lower-gen Shimmers and Tinsels. They are worth very similar amounts (it really depends on the person). A lot of people, myself included, would gladly trade a 3G prize for a CB Copper. Gather some 3G prizes with things that you can catch such as Coppers, then pool 4Gs to try to trade for other things. Some people would gladly trade lesser rares such as CB Trios and Blusangs 1:1 for 4G prizes. Start small and work your way up, but try not to ask for absurd trades since it tends to turn people off. For instance, a 4G prize, or even a couple of them, is generally not even close to the value of a CB Gold. Never be afraid to ask in here if you're not sure what's fair. One way you can get rarer stuff without relying on hunting in cave is 2G PB alts, especially Blacks. They require no hours on end of sitting in the cave, just consistently breeding, and good luck. New release hatchlings (right now Gemshards are hot) are another fairly reliable way to get more valuable stuff, especially in bulk. I've traded several 3G prizes for four CB Gemshard hatchlings each, although I've seen other people asking for considerably more. 2G prizes are really tough to trade for, and you probably won't get there all at once, unfortunately.

tl;dr: Shimmers are not the only part of the DC economy. Although prizes (Shimmers and Tinsels) are a dominating force, there are other ways to get "rich". Just start slow and have fun.

Also, check your PMs ^^

Edited by The_Bucket

If it's trade fodder you want, you might consider widening your search to lower-gen Shimmers and Tinsels. They are worth very similar amounts (it really depends on the person). A lot of people, myself included, would gladly trade a 3G prize for a CB Copper. Gather some 3G prizes with things that you can catch such as Coppers, then pool 4Gs to try to trade for other things. Some people would gladly trade lesser rares such as CB Trios and Blusangs 1:1 for 4G prizes. Start small and work your way up, but try not to ask for absurd trades since it tends to turn people off. For instance, a 4G prize, or even a couple of them, is generally not even close to the value of a CB Gold. Never be afraid to ask in here if you're not sure what's fair. One way you can get rarer stuff without relying on hunting in cave is 2G PB alts, especially Blacks. They require no hours on end of sitting in the cave, just consistently breeding, and good luck. New release hatchlings (right now Gemshards are hot) are another fairly reliable way to get more valuable stuff, especially in bulk. I've traded several 3G prizes for four CB Gemshard hatchlings each, although I've seen other people asking for considerably more. 2G prizes are really tough to trade for, and you probably won't get there all at once, unfortunately.

tl;dr: Shimmers are not the only part of the DC economy. Although prizes (Shimmers and Tinsels) are a dominating force, there are other ways to get "rich". Just start slow and have fun.

Also, check your PMs ^^

Thank you so much ^^

Well, years trading Tinsels, I never got near a 2nd gen. I have enough Tinsels, and the last time I tried to trade the lowest gens I have(I always ask for a fair trade, which means a same gen swap), I end up with the Tinsels growing up in my scroll and no offers. So I'm not into them right now.

The problem is that for you to produce 3rd gens, it means that you have to own 2nd gens to breed. I never got any with Tinsels, so I would wish to have at least one 2nd gen Shimmer.

The lowest gens I have are a 3rd gen male and female(here's the lineage of one of their offspring: http://dragcave.net/lineage/iMk4E), and as they are even gen, I never get a stairstep swap for example. I am happy with longer gens, but the problem is that they just don't trade. Having a 2nd gen will solve this years long issue I have since Tinsels, that's all xd.png

I will keep trying and hope that I can get fair offers for my CB green Copper. wink.gif

Well, thanks everyone anyways  smile.gif

I'm those persons who can't just catch rares. I was so happy to get the CB green copper, the first I get since their release. I was hopeful to get a 2nd gen Shimmer, but I see that probably won't happen... I can't just catch 4 CB metals, if I catch one per year I'm already lucky.

It's just that with longer shimmer gens the trades are quite difficult. Part of the fun in DC is trading, and I can't do it anymore. I'm just sad  sad.gif

You can also try and read my post as a way to cheer you up.

I have 3 Gen 2 Tinsels and NONE of the owners asked me for CB metallics.

One asked me for help with their encyclopedia. When they got so excited about me experimenting I gave them an ND and they were really happy.

Another, and I do not know this person, put the Dragon in as an offer in 2 CB Blusangs I was trading off (I believe for Gemshards)

Third was a gift from a really lovely person.

So not everyone asks impossible stuff.

One person just randomely PMed me asking if I wanted a mate for https://dragcave.net/lineage/QAMyX after Valentine's Day. I was so insanely happy for catching it after camping the AP for a week and said so in a post. This incredibly nice person offered their help when they saw it and bred their Tinsel for me.

Edited by Nalyua

Could I get a CB gold for a CB magma and CB golden wyvern?

You can try, but I doubt it.

You never know, you might be lucky wink.gif

You can also try and read my post as a way to cheer you up.

I have 3 Gen 2 Tinsels and NONE of the owners asked me for CB metallics.

One asked me for help with their encyclopedia. When they got so excited about me experimenting I gave them an ND and they were really happy.

Another, and I do not know this person, put the Dragon in as an offer in 2 CB Blusangs I was trading off (I believe for Gemshards)

Third was a gift from a really lovely person.

So not everyone asks impossible stuff.

One person just randomely PMed me asking if I wanted a mate for https://dragcave.net/lineage/QAMyX after Valentine's Day. I was so insanely happy for catching it after camping the AP for a week and said so in a post. This incredibly nice person offered their help when they saw it and bred their Tinsel for me.

So nice to know that smile.gif

I wish I had that luck too. I usually gift a lot to people, but rarely I receive any gift. Probably because of that I'm ARK listed laugh.gif

Anyways, I received a lovely gift from The_Bucket, and I will continue to try to get a 2nd gen Shimmer.

Thanks everyone!

Can a CB green Copper worth a 2nd gen Shimmer?

It could be, if you find someone who really, really needs it, right away!

I made two separate 2nd gen shimmer IOUs to people for a single CB copper apiece. (I had made my first IOU to someone and then realized I DID NOT HAVE A CB MALE of that color. I decided I needed 2 ASAP, with one as backup in case of rejection.) I know it was an extremely low price on my part, but it was a kind of thank you to those players for helping me out immediately.

Edited by toyofubl

What could I get for one CB trio? What could I get for all three?

Hard to say honestly.

I'd say I saw them roughly as often as I saw Blusangs in the Coast. I saw Ices the least often.

I'm not sure if a Trio put together has any great special value though. People who want to Summon will probably be happy to have any.

I don't think they are as rare as Coppers or CB metallics or Almandines or Spessartines.

This is based on my browsing the Cave in the last couple of weeks.

Hard to say honestly.

I'd say I saw them roughly as often as I saw Blusangs in the Coast. I saw Ices the least often.

I'm not sure if a Trio put together has any great special value though. People who want to Summon will probably be happy to have any.

I don't think they are as rare as Coppers or CB metallics or Almandines or Spessartines.

This is based on my browsing the Cave in the last couple of weeks.

Mkay. Maybe I'll just advertise them and see what I get. I reflex click them all the time so I always have them on hand.

Are alpine nebulas worth anything? Are they proven to be less common than the desert ones? That's how it seems to me, but maybe it's just me.

Mkay. Maybe I'll just advertise them and see what I get. I reflex click them all the time so I always have them on hand.

Are alpine nebulas worth anything? Are they proven to be less common than the desert ones? That's how it seems to me, but maybe it's just me.

Not really.

And it doesn't make any difference either which biome they are from.

Hi!

I don't really know how much they are. Some ask for unbreedables, got my first two Alpine nebs that way when I didn't know they existed xd.png

Now that I've sat an entire day and saw like 10 of them around the Alpine, I realized I've overpaid. xd.png Probably another uncommon egg/hatchie? Probably not enough for a rare, though. Maybe a tan ridge/red dorsal?

Edited by Pandalf

Not really.

And it doesn't make any difference either which biome they are from.

I think at one point someone was working on a neb x female copper lineage and was trading decent stuff for alpine nebs, resulting in speculation that they might be uncommon.

I think at one point someone was working on a neb x female copper lineage and was trading decent stuff for alpine nebs, resulting in speculation that they might be uncommon.

They definitely used to be significantly more difficult to get than Desert ones.

For example, I have a collection of around 200 CB Nebulae, obtained from random trading for the most part, and less than ten of them are from the Alpine (and those from the Alpine are mostly, if not all, caught by me from there specifically, lol).

Sometimes it was possible to get quite rare stuff for them.

I've been seeing more of them recently, though, so maybe they're becoming less rare in comparison. ^^

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I think they just wanted to make sure they got the right Biome because Coppers breed differently according to Biomes. That doesn't make Alpine Nebulas any rarer.

I trade really valuable stuff for some Commons to sometimes if I want the Common now and to my liking. They are still Commons.

The only thing you can maybe take into account here is how fast or slow the biomes move and how many rare breeds opposed to really common breeds are in the biomes. That being said: I caught plenty of Nebulas in both Biomes.

But unless someone wants the Nebulas for a Biome-specific breeding thing and needs to pay attention the value is exactly the same.

This is true. They are definitely less common than Desert Nebulae from my observations, but I don't think they're any rarer than GWs (if that).

That doesn't make Alpine Nebulas any rarer.

Let's look at some hatchery (Valley Sherwood)...

Observing a group of 5100 random dragons (5k from the hatchery, 100 ERs). Among them, 32 are CB Nebulae.

31 are from the Desert, 1 is from the Alpine.

Obviously not enough data for precise statistics, but if you do that once in a few days, you will see the pattern. ^^

Now, the problem is that despite the difference not many people would actually be ready to offer anything special for an Alpine Nebula, as for them they are all the same. So in order to get a rarer offer for one, the trader would need to be lucky to find someone for whom the Alpine types would be of any use.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Let's look at some hatchery (Valley Sherwood)...

Observing a group of 5100 random dragons (5k from the hatchery, 100 ERs). Among them, 32 are CB Nebulae.

31 are from the Desert, 1 is from the Alpine.

Obviously not enough data for precise statistics, but if you do that once in a few days, you will see the pattern. ^^

Now, the problem is that despite the difference not many people would actually be ready to offer anything special for an Alpine Nebula, as for them they are all the same. So in order to get a rarer offer for one, the trader would need to be lucky to find someone for whom the Alpine types would be of any use.

With rarer I mean worth more.

Sorry for bad wording.

But I stick to my words that the value isn't really different as unless you actually find someone who is forced to actually pay attention because of lineages. Which is not that many right now as Coppers are the only Biome-sensitively breeding Dragons at the moment.

I'm led to believe they're really more uncommon than Desert Nebs, but I've never actually seen anyone trade them for a lot. The last I paid for one was a paper. :3

I'd agree with the_bucket though. Uncommon enough for other UBs, but not rare enough for most metallics. And agreeing with ZzelaBusya that some people find them only the same. TBH I really only come after them because I'm naturally a neb hoarder, but I'm not likely to offer rares on them since they're easily obtainable either way smile.gif

Edited by Pandalf

It's male coppers that produce the colour of the female's biome -- apologies for nitpicking, but I'd rather nobody is misled.

As for the Nebulae, I used to see quite a few in the Alps, but I haven't seen a single Alpine Nebula in months. I also don't own any. tongue.gif I'm guessing that's because people pick them up quickly, but I'm pretty sure Alpine Nebulae are more rare than those from the Desert.

It's male coppers that produce the colour of the female's biome -- apologies for nitpicking, but I'd rather nobody is misled.

As for the Nebulae, I used to see quite a few in the Alps, but I haven't seen a single Alpine Nebula in months. I also don't own any. tongue.gif I'm guessing that's because people pick them up quickly, but I'm pretty sure Alpine Nebulae are more rare than those from the Desert.

Well, go to the Alpine now. xd.png

I've seen more than 10 today.

May or may not be because the desert ones are getting taken more quickly due to more people in the biome.

Well, go to the Alpine now. xd.png

I've seen more than 10 today.

May or may not be because the desert ones are getting taken more quickly due to more people in the biome.

Aaand I actually caught one while looking for an Almandine. Goodness. xd.png

Good catch, didn't notice I had it backwards. Apologies.

And yes, I was trying to get at the fact that the alpine nebs were only trading for more simply because someone needed them for a project and was willing to pay a higher price. I've seen people trade high for something they want "RIGHT NOW' for a project, even if most other people wouldn't think it was worth a cb stone. xd.png