Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

CB Almandine. I've seen people saying they'll accept [CB silver/gold/almandine/spessartine/2nd gen prize]. However, searching right now, I haven't found anything that interesting being offered in exchange for an almandine. How much are they worth? (and what generation prize would they get?)

In my opinion, I feel like almandines are worth about the worth of a 3rd Gen prize. They definitely are more valuable than cb pyropes. Since they're rarely seen in the cave, perhaps rarer than metals since I've seen more metals then almandines/spessartines, they're pretty valuable. Just be patient with the offers smile.gif

Some CB Prize owners still trade 2nd gens for 1 Metal or other things of a much lesser rarity than what's offered in trading threads at times, including those who have been playing for a while and are good at trade ratios. After all, a 2nd gen Prize is a bit of a specific case, I wouldn't say it's an item that truly has an exact value. So here I agree with Pandalf, it depends on the breeder.

Why I never find those CB prize owners? tongue.gif

@MessengerDragon

CB Almandiens are quite rare. You should be easily able to get a 3rd gen prize for it. Or maybe a cb silver or even a cb gold. Lately I see more cb metallics than almandines in the cave.

@Keekeecat

Do you want to trade or to get the ice? CB trios usually are 1:1 to each other, and a similar value to cb gold wyverns.

Edited by Iside

Why I never find those CB prize owners? tongue.gif

@MessengerDragon

CB Almandiens are quite rare. You should be easily able to get a 3rd gen prize for it. Or maybe a cb silver or even a cb gold. Lately I see more cb metallics than almandines in the cave.

@Keekeecat

Do you want to trade or to get the ice? CB trios usually are 1:1 to each other, and a similar value to cb gold wyverns.

I'd say that CB Golden Wyverns are way less valuable than Trios, tbh u.u

In fact, I know some people value more CB Seasonals than the GW :S

Okay, I traded the well named 4th gen pink x sweetling checker with lol35 code for this red dino hatchy (scroll goal) who has the code RAL0H which is a real name as well as acronym in the urban dictionary. What kind of CB would it be worth? What about a 2nd gen avatar from well named GoN x Mistletoe? I'm tempted to keep it, but want to know what it's worth.

For a Dino, I think its worth upto 1 CB from the Trio (Ice, Magma, Thunder) but it could get you a couple of Seasonal hatchies too, depending on who you trade with. If you desire another colour Dino or CB Unbreedable (excluding Neglecties), then you could easily trade 1:1 for another but other than that, a handful of common hatchies are worth a Dino.

A 2nd gen avatar from a Mistletoe though, in my opinion, doesn't seem to be high on anyone's wishlist but in terms of CBs, its probably worth a Golden Wyvern, Tan Ridge or any other alt. But this is only dependent of my bad history of trying to trade 2g Avatars. The worth of an avatar could easily have changed since then. c:

Edited by lovecats99

I'm not sure how much could I ask for 2G Copper. I have 2G PB Red Copper - could I get for it some CB gemshard eggs/hatchies or some CB seasonals? If not a few, can I get for it at least one CB gem/spring, or 2G's not that valuable and I want too much for it? What would be a reasonable request for 2G Copper?

For a Dino, I think its worth upto 1 CB from the Trio (Ice, Magma, Thunder) but it could get you a couple of Seasonal hatchies too, depending on who you trade with. If you desire another colour Dino or CB Unbreedable (excluding Neglecties), then you could easily trade 1:1 for another but other than that, a handful of common hatchies are worth a Dino.

A 2nd gen avatar from a Mistletoe though, in my opinion, doesn't seem to be high on anyone's wishlist but in terms of CBs, its probably worth a Golden Wyvern, Tan Ridge or any other alt. But this is only dependent of my bad history of trying to trade 2g Avatars. The worth of an avatar could easily have changed since then. c:

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I think I'll think it over and decide tonight smile.gif

What I was asking was if it would be worth an avatar from well named GoN x Mistletoe parents. I'm wanting to start that checker in December and have been trying to do a blood swap for one with no luck. I always end up trading for something else in the end. Here is one of the avatars I traded away (love the name he/she gave the baby). I own the parents. The closest I've ever come was one with coded parents (like cb with letters and numbers).

Whatis the worthof different messy alts? And second gen alts as well, I seem to have trouble moving them at all.

I'm not sure how much could I ask for 2G Copper. I have 2G PB Red Copper - could I get for it some CB gemshard eggs/hatchies or some CB seasonals? If not a few, can I get for it at least one CB gem/spring, or 2G's not that valuable and I want too much for it? What would be a reasonable request for 2G Copper?

Though CB Coppers are deemed quite valuable, going down the generations, Coppers lose their worth. Therefore, for a 2G PG Copper, i'd say it would be worth about 1 CB Gemshard since they're quite popular at the moment. The worth might go down though as newer dragons get released meaning you could get more Gemshards in a single trade, but if you don't want to wait, i'd say a Copper would be worth 1-2 CB Seasonals, too.

What is the worth of different messy alts? And second gen alts as well, I seem to have trouble moving them at all.

People prefer not to have messy alts on their scroll since its harder to make a clean lineage with them so second gen alts are more desirable. In terms of worth, a messy alt to some would be only worth one CB common hatchie (or even less!) A 2nd gen alt on the other hand, could get you even more depending on the alt; a curled up Black hatchie is considered quite valuable and could get you a low gen rare.

Other than that, my experience with alts is quite low and so I could be a bit wrong.

Whatis the worthof different messy alts? And second gen alts as well, I seem to have trouble moving them at all.

I got a CB Magma hatchie for a 2GPB alt vine once, if that's a sort of helpful ballpark area. With the kinds of alts you can tell from the egg they're less valuable but I never have trouble gifting them (they get snapped up quickly in Departures).

I'd say a messy alt of Black/Vine/Undine would probably be worth a CB Common hatchie or two to someone who needs to freeze it, but nothing at all to most people.

How do CB Trio's (Ice specifically) rate to CB Almandines, CB Spessartines and CB Coppers?

And while we're on the subject, how do Almandines compare to Spessartines? Ditto for the different colour Coppers?

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

How do CB Trio's (Ice specifically) rate to CB Almandines, CB Spessartines and CB Coppers?

And while we're on the subject, how do Almandines compare to Spessartines? Ditto for the different colour Coppers?

Coppers and Almandines/Spessartines are way MORE valuable than Trios, I believe.

Also, maybe Almandines are rarers than Spessartines, but it all depends on were you camp. About Coppers, I'd say it goes Green, then Red, then Brown :3

Coppers and Almandines/Spessartines are way MORE valuable than Trios, I believe.

Also, maybe Almandines are rarers than Spessartines, but it all depends on were you camp. About Coppers, I'd say it goes Green, then Red, then Brown :3

I'd second all of this and add that the value gap between Red Coppers and Green Coppers is smaller than the gap between Red Coppers and Brown Coppers. Almandines and Spessartines are way ahead - I've seen more Silvers than the two of them put together.

Almandines and Spessartines are way ahead - I've seen more Silvers than the two of them put together.

Could a 3G Prize snag a CB Almandine or Spessartine in a trade?

Could a 3G Prize snag a CB Almandine or Spessartine in a trade?

there are some 3g prizes that are not worthy of a cb metallic, but usually, you could get ANY single cb egg for a 3g prize.

as for the 2gs: bred eggs are worth literally nothing.

What would I be able to get with a 2G spessartine from a brown copper parent?

I got my first (and only) Spessartine from a Spess X Copper and in terms of what I traded, I offered a 2G PB Blusang for it, which I thought was a good trade. Alternatively, I'd say a 2G Spessartine X Copper could get you 1-3 CB BSA hatchies, several uncommons, perhaps an even-gen rare or maybe even a 4g and up Tinsel.

I got my first (and only) Spessartine from a Spess X Copper and in terms of what I traded, I offered a 2G PB Blusang for it, which I thought was a good trade. Alternatively, I'd say a 2G Spessartine X Copper could get you 1-3 CB BSA hatchies, several uncommons, perhaps an even-gen rare or maybe even a 4g and up Tinsel.

I agree with the first sentence - a bred copper or pyralspite for a bred blusang is fair. But I doubt that you'll get any of the alternatives you name for it. I wouldn't even pay a single hatchie for a bred spessartine, let alone a cb BSA hatchie.

While coppers, almadines and spessartines are rare in the cave, they breed quite well and 2nd gens are worth very little. Same holds true for blusangs to some extent, though they don't breed as well in my experience.

I agree with the first sentence - a bred copper or pyralspite for a bred blusang is fair. But I doubt that you'll get any of the alternatives you name for it. I wouldn't even pay a single hatchie for a bred spessartine, let alone a cb BSA hatchie.

While coppers, almadines and spessartines are rare in the cave, they breed quite well and 2nd gens are worth very little. Same holds true for blusangs to some extent, though they don't breed as well in my experience.

It's great that they breed so well, but it's also a shame that's the very reason they don't trade so well ... looks like I'm giving mine away. It seems like the only things that people want are prizes and metals sad.gif so I feel like I'm severely disadvantaged when it comes to trading. I'm great at catching and breeding trios, though - the problem is I feel like their value is going down.

What could I get for one CB trio? What could I get for all three CB trios? And what could I get for one with a checker lineage (as that's what I'm planning on breeding)?

Edited by Keekeecat

what can I get for a 2nd gen gold (from sunsong)? Could I possibly combine with something for a 3rd gen tinsel? I was offered a CB copper, but turned it down because their offspring don't really trade for anything.

Would it be reasonable to ask for two CB Vampires stolen on the same day for this? How do CB Vampires generally measure up against neat lineaged prizes?

(In case I end up having to fog it's a 4G Bronze shimmer, perfect stairstep from (Dream) and Ices)

Would it be reasonable to ask for two CB Vampires stolen on the same day for this? How do CB Vampires generally measure up against neat lineaged prizes?

(In case I end up having to fog it's a 4G Bronze shimmer, perfect stairstep from (Dream) and Ices)

I would trade 2 cb vamps for that pretty lineage. I am under the impression that Vampires are not really worth much these days so what you are asking is more then fair in my opinion.

I would trade 2 cb vamps for that pretty lineage.  I am under the impression that Vampires are not really worth much these days so what you are asking is more then fair in my opinion.

I've seen people (myself included) tend to gift them but I'm not sure at what point the fuss of getting them together as opposed to happening across one in AP begins to add to their actual value smile.gif Good to know I should get a pair at least, thanks for the info.

what can I get for a 2nd gen gold (from sunsong)? Could I possibly combine with something for a 3rd gen tinsel? I was offered a CB copper, but turned it down because their offspring don't really trade for anything.

Unless you combine it with a cb gold or a cb spessertine / almandine, I doubt you will be able to get a 3rd gen tinsel, unless you find a 2nd gen prize owner desperate for that lineage.

A CB copper is a good offer for a bred gold. Or you could get a 4th gen prize for it (I, for sure, would offer it for your gold tongue.gif )

just speaking about the value: you'd probably need around 3-4 unrelated 2g golds to trade for a 3g tinsel or shimmer.

if you can find such a trade is an entirely different beast. they might be around, yes, but not very often.

I do not agree, however, with Iside above: a CB copper other than green is not a very special offer, it's something you can get almost all the time if you trade 2g metallics. (except for greens...)

Edited by whitebaron