Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I'm wondering....

Is this tradable for a CB Gold?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DhkH6

People would pay a high price for a low gen Penk relative so i'd think so! laugh.gif However, it might not be able to do it on it's own so i'd think to add a few (CB rare?) hatchies into the deal just in case (or perhaps another tinsel/s).

Edited by lovecats99

So like all things CB golds are a tricky thing to value. Might cost an arm and a leg or might not. Thanks for all the answers. smile.gif

People would pay a high price for a low gen Penk relative so i'd think so! laugh.gif However, it might not be able to do it on it's own so i'd think to add a few (CB rare?) hatchies into the deal just in case (or perhaps another tinsel/s).

Would it be enough with a Dino or a pair of CB Magmas?

I'm out of the loop on CB metallics.

However I can say that Dinos are fickle. There are players who don't like them at all and thus place no value on them.

That goes for unbreedables in general.

As Nalyua said, Dinos are fickle and once you've got a collection of all the sprites (unless you hoard dinos), they become practically useless. But that only applies to people who don't need them so depending on who trades the Metallic, the Dinos or Magmas could be worth a lot.

As I said though, it depends on the trader and if they already have enough CB Trios, they'll be more likely to reject. so to answer your question, I don't quite believe its enough. (which is pretty annoying, to be honest)

The only unbreedable I can think of which rivals the worth of a CB Gold is a Neglected Dragon, which means that could be your best bet.

Edited by lovecats99

But I believe a ND is more valuable than a CB Gold, tbh u.u

Also, it won't be only the Magmas. It would be the 3G from Penk + the Magmas. Or maybe a 4G Prize + the 3G Penk?

Also, it won't be only the Magmas. It would be the 3G from Penk + the Magmas. Or maybe a 4G Prize + the 3G Penk?

Some people tend to turn away from 4G Prizes for some reason so i'd focus on 2Gs/3Gs but combined with the Magmas, I think you're good to go! laugh.gif

Edited by lovecats99

Some people tend to turn away from 4G Prizes for some reason so i'd focus on 2Gs/3Gs but combined with the Magmas, I think you're good to go! laugh.gif

A 2G is way too much for a CB Gold too xd.png

2 3G it's then smile.gif

Now I only need someone willing to trade a CB Gold XDDD

I'm not entirely sure on that one.

I tried to trade one and didn't get any bites.

Technically if you know what you're doing they are not hard to make and anyone can do it.

Hmm. Well I do see ZzelaBusya is looking to trade a Goldie (and 5 SILVERS! How.. Why.. I could only dream of having 1 and a half CB silvers let alone 5 of them... ;_;)

Perhaps you could go trade with him/her for a Gold? smile.gif Good Luck!

Hmm. Well I do see ZzelaBusya is looking to trade a Goldie (and 5 SILVERS! How.. Why.. I could only dream of having 1 and a half CB silvers let alone 5 of them... ;_;)

Perhaps you could go trade with him/her for a Gold? smile.gif Good Luck!

I traded one for a Gen 2 Bronze Tinsel.

And both the Bronze Breeder and me were beyond thrilled about this whole deal.

NDs are slightly problematic because some players dislike them as well. Or people who can pay a CB Gold don't want one or people who want one have no CB Gold at this special point.

Deals like that are complicated.

I've always though of NDs as extremely rare dragons (probably because of the Wiki description..) Perhaps the worth has dropped since I first join but i'm quite surprised to hear that some people just decline NDs.. I guess they are fairly useless compared to a 2nd Gen Tinsel. You could easily make one yourself if the timing is right too, so I see why Tinsels are a better deal.

I saw somewhere that CB Silvers are in fact, less valuable than a CB Gold. Is that the case or should I be thinking otherwise?

Edited by lovecats99

I share the view that Neglecteds are extremely rare. I'd even say that earlier there used to be more of them around than nowadays.

It's possible to trade one for a 2nd gen Prize without adding anything else, especially now that there are more CB breeders out there.

The problem about them is that they are unbreedable, so people who are interested in them are either ND collectors or users missing some for their scroll completion. The second group of players would express interest in Neggies only while they don't have enough, until they get the needed set, which explains why some people may decline them despite them being very valuable rarity-wise.

I saw somewhere that CB Silvers are in fact, less valuable than a CB Gold. Is that the case or should I be thinking otherwise?

Yes, Golds tend to be more valuable. From my experience/observations, to get a guaranteed (/almost guaranteed? xd.png) offer of a CB Gold with Silvers, one would need to trade two Silvers.

Trading one Silver + something else for a Gold may be problematic.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

How much could I get for a LOT of CB Flamingoes?

They aren't really worth much unless someone really wants them.

They're easy to catch and common.

A lot of CB Collectors (I do this also for example) offer valuable stuff for multiple CB Commons, so look out for those kind of offers. But Other than that I can't really think of Flamingos other than being Commons and thus worth other Commons ^^;

Flamingos being this year's Holly Competition thingywhatsit probably wont increase their value much since they're still common as mud *shakes fist at own GW/Flamingo lineage* but it will at least improve your market size.

How much could I get for a LOT of CB Flamingoes?

A handful of Flamingo hatchies could probably get you a CB Spring or Blusang if you're lucky. As the others have said, they're not worth much individually but with the Holly Competition, depending on who you trade with, you might get a better deal with players competing in the competition.

Collectively though, I'd say a couple of flamingos'll get you a very uncommon CB or perhaps even a rare like a Golden Wyvern or even one of the trio.

Edited by lovecats99

I traded one for a Gen 2 Bronze Tinsel.

And both the Bronze Breeder and me were beyond thrilled about this whole deal.

NDs are slightly problematic because some players dislike them as well. Or people who can pay a CB Gold don't want one or people who want one have no CB Gold at this special point.

Deals like that are complicated.

I think that, potentially, the 2nd Gen Prize breeders could be happy trading for one CB Gold. But... when the good hunters start offering several, the lesson is learned by the breeder and by everybody browsing the Trading topics. I wonder what will happen when those good hunters will have the majority of the lines.

For what concern 3rd Gen Prizes, I actually can't see a good reason to "pay" CB Metals or Almandines for them. I'm under the impression that the value of the 4th Gen is so low nowadays that makes sense to get a 3rd Gen only for scroll completion reasons.

Personally, I wouldn't trade a CB Gold to get a ND. Not because I don't like NDs but because (still personally) I prefer the challenge of hunting for the CB Gold and experimenting to get the ND.

I think that, potentially, the 2nd Gen Prize breeders could be happy trading for one CB Gold. But... when the good hunters start offering several, the lesson is learned by the breeder and by everybody browsing the Trading topics. I wonder what will happen when those good hunters will have the majority of the lines.

For what concern 3rd Gen Prizes, I actually can't see a good reason to "pay" CB Metals or Almandines for them. I'm under the impression that the value of the 4th Gen is so low nowadays that makes sense to get a 3rd Gen only for scroll completion reasons.

Personally, I wouldn't trade a CB Gold to get a ND. Not because I don't like NDs but because (still personally) I prefer the challenge of hunting for the CB Gold and experimenting to get the ND.

Well this particular breeder did not know how NDs are made, so that's a reason to trade for NDs as well.

Also: getting it right is time consuming, NDing takes carefully planning and that is essentially what I am paid for when offering up an ND for trade.

Also: getting it right is time consuming, NDing takes carefully planning and that is essentially what I am paid for when offering up an ND for trade.

I fully agree. And I like that challenge, planning part included.

I think that, potentially, the 2nd Gen Prize breeders could be happy trading for one CB Gold. But... when the good hunters start offering several, the lesson is learned by the breeder and by everybody browsing the Trading topics.

Some CB Prize owners still trade 2nd gens for 1 Metal or other things of a much lesser rarity than what's offered in trading threads at times, including those who have been playing for a while and are good at trade ratios. After all, a 2nd gen Prize is a bit of a specific case, I wouldn't say it's an item that truly has an exact value. So here I agree with Pandalf, it depends on the breeder.

But the issue here isn't only the price that's asked for Prizes by the respective breeders (I mean, sure, there are users who ask for 10 CB Metals for each regardless and that's understandable), but also their availability: CB owners who have lists may not be willing to trade at all until the list gets clear, or to trade for the same items they asked for in case of pending requests. Not to mention, some owners don't like outgoing IOUs at all and prefer to trade eggs once bred, and even though the prices for those can be moderate, it narrows the group of owners who are up for trading at the given moment.

So people try to gather more items to offer in exchange for one and "tempt" Prize owners who already have some people on their lists or don't really want to offer IOUs, in case that maybe the offer is good enough for one to add another user or consider offering an IOU...if it makes any sense. tongue.gif

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I fully agree. And I like that challenge, planning part included.

Yes you do. If someone doesn't want to or does not know paying someone else to do it for you is one way to go about it (learning it from scratch is another).

And the Tinsel-breeder, I offered them to watch me experimenting and answering questions, basically showing her how it's done.

Having said as much. This great person offered me a breeding for free so I could have a mate for this dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/QAMyX

Only when we chatted a bit I found out she has no NDs and does not know how to make them, which is when offered to show her live as I was planning on some experiments anyway to complete my egg-dex.

So people try to gather more items to offer in exchange for one and "tempt" Prize owners who already have some people on their lists or don't really want to offer IOUs, in case that maybe the offer is good enough for one to add another user or consider offering an IOU...if it makes any sense. tongue.gif

Makes perfect sense. Just today I was looking at two posts by two different CB Prize owners that were both looking for Prize swaps and I was wondering how many people were PMing them offering Rares instead :-)

CB Almandine. I've seen people saying they'll accept [CB silver/gold/almandine/spessartine/2nd gen prize]. However, searching right now, I haven't found anything that interesting being offered in exchange for an almandine. How much are they worth? (and what generation prize would they get?)