Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Is a CB summer worth a CB red dorsal or CB Tan ridgewing?

Just came here to ask something, but I'll try to answer the open questions first.

Keekeecat: I think the value of alts (no matter if undine, black or vine) depends a lot on the lineage. While you can get nice things like bred metals or an unbreedable for a 2nd gen pb one, messy ones are not worth much.

Sany: I guess so, someone said in this thread they traded cb seasonals for chicken.

My question: Has anyone traded blue opals recently? I haven't seen any for ages and now managed to catch two. Is it worth trying to trade them off or do I just use them for my freezing goals? What would be fair to ask?

Edit: typo

Edited by Ha-Ki

i have a golden wyvern egg with a complete random lineage but its a dorkwed see

what do you think i could get for it, all i really want is a geode of some kind (i dont really care about lineage or anything)

Edited by avoralei

i have a golden wyvern egg with a complete random lineage but its a dorkwed see

what do you think i could get for it, all i really want is a geode of some kind (i dont really care about lineage or anything)

People who care about lineages usually want nice-looking ones, so with this one you'll run into the problem that people who value dorkweds won't like the messy lineage, and people who don't care about lineages won't care about the dorkwed part either.

I can breed you a geode once my new release eggs have hatched, pm me to remind me if I forget smile.gif

My question: Has anyone traded blue opals recently? I haven't seen any for ages and now managed to catch two. Is it worth trying to trade them off or do I just use them for my freezing goals? What would be fair to ask?

I think you can get a good trade out of it, though I haven't traded one yet (haven't even caught one yet xd.png)

They seem to drop a lot less than their green siblings for sure.

I'm not sure what you could get for it though..A CB golden wyvern sounds reasonable; maybe even a cb trio?

Thanks for your answer - too bad I dropped them to make room for the new release when old eggs were mixing in early xd.png

But during new releases trading is harder anyway (except rare for new release hatchies), in my experience, I would have probably ended up freezing them.

ETA: I just checked on them, I forgot to take them out of hatcheries and they both have a big hole, even though they're still at 4d 23h. Guess they'll hatch in the AP and I can try to catch the hatchies in a couple of days (if hatching lets the system forget I was the last person to abandon them).

Edited by Ha-Ki

(Your avatars are so similiar I nearly mistook you guys for each other xd.png)

Ha-Ki, don't worry about dropping them -- I remember only seeing offers for CB blue opals rarely and don't think there's much of a demand. I could be wrong, but that's my personal opinion c:

Edited by lazybug

If they hatch in ap, they'll also mature in ap.

with the new relese, most of the eggs will stay put in,the ap.

Could I get a Neglected or a 3rd gen Shimmer for the following:

1. Two CB Summer hatchlings influenced male/female as a pair,

Plus

2. One CB Red Copper egg

I really want a 3rd gen Gold Shimmer from a nicely named Magi or Water dragon line, or ... a Neglected! wub.gif Is this enough? Thank you. smile.gif

~~~~~~

Also -- I am holding onto the Summers as long as possible (into Fall) to try and get a good trade for them.

Edited by missy_

Could I get a Neglected or a 3rd gen Shimmer for the following:

1. Two CB Summer hatchlings influenced male/female as a pair,

Plus

2. One CB Red Copper egg

I really want a 3rd gen Gold Shimmer from a nicely named Magi or Water dragon line, or ... a Neglected! wub.gif Is this enough? Thank you. smile.gif

~~~~~~

Also -- I am holding onto the Summers as long as possible (into Fall) to try and get a good trade for them.

To me No that is not enough. CB Neglected are at least a CB Gold or more then a CB Gold. A 3rd gen. Shimmerscale is a CB Gold or maybe a CB Silver. Just because the season is over does not raise the price by that much. Anyways people who have that stuff can get those easy. All people want are CB Metals or 2nd gen. Shimmerscales nowdays so it may be hard to actually find a trade that is asking for other things.

Everyone has different taste but I would say to add more.

To me No that is not enough. CB Neglected are at least a CB Gold or more then a CB Gold. A 3rd gen. Shimmerscale is a CB Gold or maybe a CB Silver. Just because the season is over does not raise the price by that much. Anyways people who have that stuff can get those easy. All people want are CB Metals or 2nd gen. Shimmerscales nowdays so it may be hard to actually find a trade that is asking for other things.

Everyone has different taste but I would say to add more.

Thanks, lollipop!

What gen Shimmer would they be worth, do you think?

Also ... what if I added four new release hatchlings, two from the Alpine and two from the Volcano, influenced as pairs? I guess this still is not enough for a Neglected. unsure.gif

If I catch another Copper, I wonder if that could help ... ? I am not lucky with catching Golds or Silvers.

Edited by missy_

Thanks, lollipop!

What gen Shimmer would they be worth, do you think?

Also ... what if I added four new release hatchlings, two from the Alpine and two from the Volcano, influenced as pairs? I guess this still may not be enough for a Neglected.  unsure.gif

If I catch another Copper, I wonder if that could help ... ? I am not lucky with catching Golds or Silvers.

Maybe a 4th gen. I usually trade 5th gen. Shimmerscales for 1 CB Seasonal Hatchie so I would say a 4th gen., 3rd gen. if you are EXTREMELY lucky enough.

If I did have a Neglected I would totally trade for those hatchies + everything else (too bad I do not), to some people No, you need to add a bunch more.

Yes another copper would extremely help. 2x Green Coppers usually go for a CB Silver, but I do not know about the other colors, but typically 2 Coppers can go for a Silver.

Really just depends who you trade with, some people only like Metals while some people take anything.

Edited by lollipop00

Anyone?

It usually depends on what gen/ lineage it is. 2nd gen purebred yellows are sought after more than 2nd gen mixed yellows. Most people look to swap for other genders or lineages of yellow undines. I'm not so sure about the higher gens.

From my experience, I've not really gotten many offers on mine ( mostly 2nd gen mixed). I suppose it depends on what you are looking for and when you are trading.

How often do people get offers on trades? I'm quite content with a neat common egg I like, but I very rarely get any offer AT ALL. Anyone know why this is so, and how to get more offers? (I repeat, pretty much ANY offer is likely to get accepted by me, so I don't understand why people don't offer. It's not like I'm asking for a CB gold or anything)

And it isn't just the new release, other times I have the same problem.

How often do people get offers on trades? I'm quite content with a neat common egg I like, but I very rarely get any offer AT ALL. Anyone know why this is so, and how to get more offers? (I repeat, pretty much ANY offer is likely to get accepted by me, so I don't understand why people don't offer. It's not like I'm asking for a CB gold or anything)

1. Put a picture of the breed of egg, and a brief description of the lineage. People who are scrolling quickly through the trading threads may not take the time to click on a link with no idea what is being offered. A picture is necessary to draw attention; text is necessary for those doing CTRL+F search or for whom images can't/won't be displayed.

2. Put at least a few suggestions for what you want in return. The same principle applies: people trying to quickly process dozens of trade offers may not take the time to click on a wishlist. And asking for any offers is too vague. List maybe five wants that are foremost on your list and comparable in value to what you are offering. And then you can add, "or see my wishlist." Link to your wishlist in the trading post in case people are lazy or don't see the link in your signature.

Edited by Tecca

I've noticed this as well. I love putting purebreds up for trade, but I don't get offers on it, while I literally say I'll accept basically anything. I think people just scroll over the trades that show pictures of what they have already and don't want, regardless of lineage? :/

Would a 4th gen. Silver Shimmerscale (DivaZ x Green Nebula) be enough to get at least 2 new release Hatchies or can I get more ?

You see I have it up for trade and am only asking for 2 or 3 and get no bites, while other 4th gen. Owners Are asking for more but yet the others get traded faster :/

Maybe people are keeping their new release hatchies because it's not clear yet how uncommon they will be? Just guessing, though.

Would a 4th gen. Silver Shimmerscale (DivaZ x Green Nebula) be enough to get at least 2 new release Hatchies or can I get more ?

You see I have it up for trade and am only asking for 2 or 3 and get no bites, while other 4th gen. Owners Are asking for more but yet the others get traded faster :/

Also maybe people don't have many hatchies yet. They want to keep the ones they got on the release day (which are hatchies) and the other ones they are are still eggs.

What are CB Brutes going for these days?

Lately I've tried to trade 3rd Gen Silvers and 2nd Gen Avatars, and it seems I'm lucky to get an offer of two hatchlings.

How many new release hatchlings would a CB orange copper go for? I haven't caught one since the week of their release, I have no idea what they are worth.