Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

How many new release hatchlings would a CB orange copper go for? I haven't caught one since the week of their release, I have no idea what they are worth.

The volcano ones seems to be quite common... I think you could get 3-4 for a cb copper.

On the contrary everyone is looking for the alpine and coastal ones (and since I see the same offers again and again I don't think they are finding them). CB trios or 2nd gen metallics are offered 1:1 for them

What would have been fair to ask for in exchange for a sibling to her? I was asking for shiny offers and didn't get a single one. I would've liked to have gotten one or two bred Gold or Silver, is even that too much?

What would have been fair to ask for in exchange for a sibling to her? I was asking for shiny offers and didn't get a single one. I would've liked to have gotten one or two bred Gold or Silver, is even that too much?

In your trade post, you asked for "shiny offers". Most people will have assumed that to mean CBs, seeing as you offered a 3g tin. I know I would not breed 2g metallics to offer on such a post...

That aside, if you want to maximize trade value: breed stairs to uncommon mates, neither rares nor ubercommons work well, and line value goes for most people like this: stair >> spiral > eg

In your trade post, you asked for "shiny offers". Most people will have assumed that to mean CBs, seeing as you offered a 3g tin. I know I would not breed 2g metallics to offer on such a post...

That aside, if you want to maximize trade value: breed stairs to uncommon mates, neither rares nor ubercommons work well, and line value goes for most people like this: stair >> spiral > eg

Thank you, I was thinking that may have been the problem. Next time I will specify that bred is what I'm after. I know everyone (it seems) wants stairs/spirals, but I'm so *sick* of them because it seems like that is all anyone does.

Thank you, I was thinking that may have been the problem. Next time I will specify that bred is what I'm after. I know everyone (it seems) wants stairs/spirals, but I'm so *sick* of them because it seems like that is all anyone does.

Did you look at my sig? *nudgenudge*

oh, and any clue why I own these? tongue.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/W1e4J - http://dragcave.net/lineage/D0i8m

Yes, its sad that most people only ever want stairs, but it makes lineages like mine stand out even more. And: i've not had any trouble yet swapping 3g stairs for more 3g egs. Though you really need to start pm'ing people and setting up longer term ious to build your egs.

Did you look at my sig? *nudgenudge*

oh, and any clue why I own these? tongue.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/W1e4J - http://dragcave.net/lineage/D0i8m

Yes, its sad that most people only ever want stairs, but it makes lineages like mine stand out even more. And: i've not had any trouble yet swapping 3g stairs for more 3g egs. Though you really need to start pm'ing people and setting up longer term ious to build your egs.

Oh, I know you do really nice even-gens biggrin.gif , and I know I should probably do more IOUs, but I *hate* owing, and the ones I have out now, the dragons haven't given me a shiny yet, and I'm starting to think they never will. sad.gif

I so hear ya on that. :/ However, I'm noticing a few more EG prizes popping up in the trade threads these days, so perhaps there's hope yet! I have managed to trade EG<->EG 3G prizes, but it takes a little patience.

I so hear ya on that.  :/  However, I'm noticing a few more EG prizes popping up in the trade threads these days, so perhaps there's hope yet!  I have managed to trade EG<->EG 3G prizes, but it takes a little patience.

Personally, I really like 4th Gen arrowheads (Ex.), as that's what I need for our lineage project. But it's much, much easier to find the 3rd Gen stairsteps needed to make them. user posted image

…Now actually affording those stairsteps is another matter. user posted image

Personally, I really like 4th Gen arrowheads (Ex.), as that's what I need for our lineage project. But it's much, much easier to find the 3rd Gen stairsteps needed to make them. user posted image

…Now actually affording those stairsteps is another matter. user posted image

If you let me know which lines you're still looking for, I'll have a look and see if I can breed you any arrowheads like that...

How much are second gen PB metals worth? Especially silvers and golds.

Unfortunately not much in my experience, they're a pain to breed, but the lineages still look a bit boring, so people rarely offer on those. Gold x silver checkers or checkers of a metal with a common or uncommon are easier to trade.

For the pb one - maybe a couple of common hatchies or BSA hatchies? For a 3rd gen pb one I tried to trade a while ago I didn't get a single offer (I was asking for specific common hatchies), it grew up on my scroll.

Edited by Ha-Ki

I just recently came back to DC. It seems that CB coppers are quite in high demand. What's the value of a CB copper these days (are they really the same value as a CB gold or silver)?

How about a CB one in contrast to a 2nd/3rd/4th gen purebred even gen copper?

I just recently came back to DC. It seems that CB coppers are quite in high demand. What's the value of a CB copper these days (are they really the same value as a CB gold or silver)?

How about a CB one in contrast to a 2nd/3rd/4th gen purebred even gen copper?

Coppers definitely aren't worth as much as silvers or golds, they still drop far more frequently. I think a CB Copper is worth about 3 CB Trios., if that gives you an estimate

Bred coppers aren't worth that much, I think..

Coppers definitely aren't worth as much as silvers or golds, they still drop far more frequently. I think a CB Copper is worth about 3 CB Trios., if that gives you an estimate

Bred coppers aren't worth that much, I think..

Thanks for the reply, Sany! smile.gif

I kept seeing trades with CB coppers asking for CB silvers and golds, so I thought the value of the three drastically changed.

Edited by suskekun222

Thanks for the reply, Sany! smile.gif

I kept seeing trades with CB coppers asking for CB silvers and golds, so I thought the value of the three drastically changed after I left.

They're definitely high in value, I wasn't here but I heard they were supposed to be uncommon, but since everyone wanted them they've become rare.

For most trades asking for CB silver (or gold), I see people offering 1 or 2 CB Coppers and 3-4 uncommon/rares like unbreedables, seasonals and trios. No idea if they ever get an offer though..

cb Green coppers are the worst of the bunch. They are very close to cb silvers.

Reds and browns you can get for 2g golds easily, for 2g silvers you need some patience/luck.

Bred coppers are not much of an obstacle. I got quite a lot of them for my breeding projects for free - or rather cheaply.

cb Green coppers are the worst of the bunch. They are very close to cb silvers.

Reds and browns you can get for 2g golds easily, for 2g silvers you need some patience/luck.

Bred coppers are not much of an obstacle. I got quite a lot of them for my breeding projects for free - or rather cheaply.

Thanks for the answer, whitebaron!

Hmm, does that make CB Silvers more sought after than CB Golds?

Edited by suskekun222

I've personally seen more CB Golds than silvers. The only silver I saw was today. Golds I've seen a few of. Not sure if it's the same for everyone else though.

No, cb golds are still the rarest. They might drop similarly often, but demand is a lot higher on golds than silvers.

Any advice which mates work best when trying to trade for cb coppers with 2nd gen golds/silvers?

Another question:

Do CB Blusangs go for as much as they did before? How much should one expect for 1-2 CB Blusangs?

Any advice which mates work best when trying to trade for cb coppers with 2nd gen golds/silvers?

Commons, but not too common.

Examples of the last month: a 2g gold from m waverunner gave me a red AND brown copper. a 2g gold from sunsong 4 new release hatchies.

People like lines they can continue - so no holidays or rares, uncommons might prove more difficult, too.

I've been unable to trade a 2g silver from blue neb in time, then dropped it to the ap when new release comes around - even though they trade well, there are times when you just get nothing but wasted time out of bred metals.

--

as for the blusangs: valuable, but not as much anymore.

they used to go 1:1 for cb silvers for a while, and now you could probably go for 10:1... but still, at least trio worth.

Edited by whitebaron

Thank you, whitebaron!

I just traded a cb pyralspite from coast for a cb bluesang. I also managed to catch two bluesangs myself two days ago, I think they are becoming more common, or at least picked up a lot since the coast biome moves faster these days.