Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

So I am trading a CB Silver and I have an offer of 1 2nd gen. Avatar. Are Avatars equal to CB Metallics or is that offer too low ? I do like 2nd gen. Avatars but I want some advice first xd.png

...I think you could easily get more than one 2g Avatar offer. Lol xd.png

Edited by Saynna

...I think you could easily get more than once 2g Avatar offer. Lol xd.png

Alright then, Thanks. Any advice on what Silvers could actually go for ? I already posted a trade but I have a feeling I may be over-doing it even though I have gotten offered 3rd gen. Shimmers and/or 2nd gen. from Spriter Alts.

Edited by lollipop00

Alright then, Thanks. Any advice on what Silvers could actually go for ?

Lol you got me before I could even change the "once" to "one".

Anyways, what are you looking for? There's so much I could go into since they're pretty much at the top of trading chain. o.o; Anyways, I would assume you know how I usually rate them with Coppers/Golds and seeing how one of your trade post involving, "No PMs", I'm assuming you're not interested in loads of CB Common/Uncommon, but rather with a trade offer of 1-4 quantity. For now I'll have to give you what you may be offered that I feel would be fair. Timeframe and No PMs will affect it very much of course.

- 3x 2g Avatars. This one may be a bit more difficult, but one 2g avatar is definitely not worth a CB Silver. Also another problem is because of the no PMs someone who has a full set of GoNs may have gotten one fail but still have 2 to trade over and can't initiate a IOU towards you. As well as time frame (someone already breeding theirs a few days before you put trade up or right before and did whatever to it).

- 4g Rare-lined Shimmer. Everyone's opinion of "rare-lined" is quite different so I'll just explain mine before confusing you. Rare-line to me means a line (from any prize) that the prize is breed to a species that most other prizes don't often breed with. This means to me Golden Wyverns/Blusang lines are very common, even if it's a new line from a different prize. So it would have to be bred to something like Stone/Canopy/Albino for it to be rare in my opinion. I'd suggest 3g, but you'd at least need to add another CB Silver.

I can't really think of much that would be put in quantities of 1-4 with Silvers (other then the CB Gold/Coppers), I'd suggest Blusangs, but I'd go for 6-7 CBs.

However if you had allowed PMs this is what I would expect when I trade:

1) 35-45 CB Common/Uncommon Hatchlings (I like to get as much as I can, but 35 is fair too)

2) 8 Avatars

3) 2x Coppers (Brown/Red)

4) 1x Copper (Green)

5) 2-3x CB Trio SETS

6) 4g Rare-lined Shimmer

Btw, I do feel the CB Silver --> 1x 2g Spriter alt trade was perfectly fair, but being offered one would be incredibly hard and you're going to have to initiate via PM than praying on the teleport. Not saying it's impossible -- just unlikely.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a couple of things that SHOULD be listed. huh.gif

I'm not really going to get into the 2g Yellow Undines, I have the same opinion of those as I do with Avatars (with people asking too much for them -- or so I've heard).

Yeah... If you've got any more questions I'm more than happy to answer. wink.gif

Lol you got me before I could even change the "once" to "one".

Anyways, what are you looking for? There's so much I could go into since they're pretty much at the top of trading chain. o.o; Anyways, I would assume you know how I usually rate them with Coppers/Golds and seeing how one of your trade post involving, "No PMs", I'm assuming you're not interested in loads of CB Common/Uncommon, but rather with a trade offer of 1-4 quantity. For now I'll have to give you what you may be offered that I feel would be fair. Timeframe and No PMs will affect it very much of course.

1) 35-45 CB Common/Uncommon Hatchlings (I like to get as much as I can, but 35 is fair too)

2) 8 Avatars

3) 2x Coppers (Brown/Red)

4) 1x Copper (Green)

5) 2-3x CB Trio SETS

6) 4g Rare-lined Shimmer

Btw, I do feel the CB Silver --> 1x 2g Spriter alt trade was perfectly fair, but being offered one would be incredibly hard and you're going to have to initiate via PM than praying on the teleport. Not saying it's impossible -- just unlikely.

Yeah... If you've got any more questions I'm more than happy to answer. wink.gif

It was not actually 1 Spriter Alt the last time it was 2 but I guess I could change some things around about the IOUs/PMs. Never knew the 8 avatar thing.

The only reason for No PMs is cause I say No to someone and they get extremely sad or get mad at me for not accepting an offer and it gets on my nerves.

If I do think of anything though I will certainly will let you know for now I do seem satisfied with what you have given me xd.png

Thank you!

It was not actually 1 Spriter Alt the last time it was 2 but I guess I could change some things around about the IOUs/PMs. Never knew the 8 avatar thing.

The only reason for No PMs is cause I say No to someone and they get extremely sad or get mad at me for not accepting an offer and it gets on my nerves.

If I do think of anything though I will certainly will let you know for now I do seem satisfied with what you have given me xd.png

Thank you!

Yeah reason for 8 (I know it seems big) is because I'm pretty sure someone doesn't mind breeding that amount for a CB Silver. They're not too hard to breed into and even if you asked them for different 2g's (assuming they have 3, they'd need 5 from others) they could just get a swap. It would just take a bit of time on their part imo. xd.png

As for the No PMs thing, it's just one of those little things that will impact what you get offered. I believe last page Pinkgothic was actually talking about something similar to that and it was good advice. Those few words can really make someone actually give a look or even think about what you're throwing out there for a trade. smile.gif As for the sad/mad part. It's not easy to reject someone and have them feeling all sad, but it has to happen. Though I wouldn't really care for the person that got mad when I declined their offer. LOL

You're always welcome ;D

There have been several comments here about not getting any offers on trades.

If many others play in a similar way as I, this may be an explanation: I only go to the trade section when I have something I think I can trade, for example when I impulse-clicked a CB Trio or Unbreedable. Then I look through trades to see if someone asks for what I have, and if the offer is something I want.

So when there is a trade like "have: PB 2nd gen Gold, want: 2nd gen Magma from GoN" or similar, I just might never see it even if I could actually breed the egg they ask for.

Also there can be many trades that I think would be totally fair (or even a good deal for me), but I'm still not interested in because I'm not looking for the thing that is offered and it would take up space on my scroll.

So if someone offers (for example) a PB Gold for something I can immediately breed with no problem, that would be a great trade for me, but I might still ignore it because I'd rather breed a new egg for one of my projects or look for interesting incuhatchables on the AP.

(Oh, and if trades require communication, I run and hide. But that's just me.)

Can I get 2 either CB Black female hatchies or Influence-able Black eggs for a 5gen stairstep Silver Shimmer?

Quite possibly. I'd would definitely accept that if you're alright with waiting for me to get them. ^^

Edited by Tehya Faye

There have been several comments here about not getting any offers on trades.

If many others play in a similar way as I, this may be an explanation: I only go to the trade section when I have something I think I can trade, for example when I impulse-clicked a CB Trio or Unbreedable. Then I look through trades to see if someone asks for what I have, and if the offer is something I want.

So when there is a trade like "have: PB 2nd gen Gold, want: 2nd gen Magma from GoN" or similar, I just might never see it even if I could actually breed the egg they ask for.

Also there can be many trades that I think would be totally fair (or even a good deal for me), but I'm still not interested in because I'm not looking for the thing that is offered and it would take up space on my scroll.

So if someone offers (for example) a PB Gold for something I can immediately breed with no problem, that would be a great trade for me, but I might still ignore it because I'd rather breed a new egg for one of my projects or look for interesting incuhatchables on the AP.

(Oh, and if trades require communication, I run and hide. But that's just me.)

That's interesting. I never really thought of it like that. I've had a few ideas why people check or don't check.

1) People post in trading threads so they say to themselves, "why not check to see if I have anything someone wants?" and check a few/couple/1 page back.

2) They check for good deals

A couple of reason I could see why people don't check is because they normally see trading threads packed with 2g metals/CB coppers/low-gen prizes. Most of which they probably cannot afford or can, but very unlikely. Or of course, laziness. tongue.gif

As for me. I used to check everyday for good trades. Even if some I didn't need, but if knew I could profit from if I got the trade accepted then I would try for it. For example..... Let's just say a person is offering a 2g PB Gold and is only asking for some BSA hatchies. Now let's just say the AP was near ER like it was last summer and I just farmed for some BSA hatchies. I'd offer up the BSA hatchies and then they accept. What I do from there is setup a trade asking for let's say... 10 CB White hatchies for the Gold I just got. Even if I offered up just 4 BSA hatchies I made a profit right there because I highly doubt anyone would try hunting and hatching 10 CB Whites just for 4 BSA hatchies. Same as if they only asked for 1 CB Ice. I could offer one up if I just so happened to have one on hand. Then I could put it up and ask for 2 CB Ices. From there I could do whatever I pleased with the second CB.. Ask for 10 CB Whites, eggs for projects, etc.

As for the communication I usually NEVER make it a requirement to PM me. I do say something like, "If you want to PM me you can, I don't bite. smile.gif". That way if someone does have questions or even wants to do an IOU of some other sort they can. If they don't like communication then they know they don't have to.

Hi,

I wonder how many CB red/pink hatchlings can I get from a CB trio?

Thank you!

I'd say a fair price would be 7 CB Red/Pink Hatchlings. At most I'd say you could squeeze 10 per CB Trio, but anymore is pushing too much.

I'd say a fair price would be 7 CB Red/Pink Hatchlings. At most I'd say you could squeeze 10 per CB Trio, but anymore is pushing too much.

Thank you for the reply smile.gif

However I got another question, when you say a CB trio you mean a single trio (a single ice/magma/thunder) but not a trio set (three of them) right?

If so, I just had a big sale on my magmas as I asked for 4 CB hatchlings each blink.gif

Thank you for the reply smile.gif

However I got another question, when you say a CB trio you mean a single trio (a single ice/magma/thunder) but not a trio set (three of them) right?

If so, I just had a big sale on my magmas as I asked for 4 CB hatchlings each blink.gif

Yeah just 1 CB Magma or 1 CB Thunder or 1 CB Ice if I just call them "CB Trio". If I'm talking all three then I'd say CB Trio "SET". I don't believe you've set up a trade on your CB Magmas yet so it's not too late (on the forums anyways).

Yeah just 1 CB Magma or 1 CB Thunder or 1 CB Ice if I just call them "CB Trio". If I'm talking all three then I'd say CB Trio "SET". I don't believe you've set up a trade on your CB Magmas yet so it's not too late (on the forums anyways).

I traded with people from another forum last night, no wonder the magmas went away so fast! I'll try posting a trade here, thank you! tongue.gif

Speaking about CB Trios and all I have a question as well smile.gif . Would it be reasonable to ask for three CB specific-coloured Nebula hatchlings for a CB Trio, considering that I am also more than willing to accept an IOU?

Speaking about CB Trios and all I have a question as well smile.gif . Would it be reasonable to ask for three CB specific-coloured Nebula hatchlings for a CB Trio, considering that I am also more than willing to accept an IOU?

You can try, but sounds a hard one to get, since 3 specific hatchies of color variants are not as easy to get as one thinks.

I can't say that I do much trading, but that sounds reasonable to me- that's something I would definitely go for, given the chance, especially if I was given time to find the needed dragons.

I'm totally clueless what to do.

I have a 2g rb thuwed from rbxred neb. I have no real need to kerp it, but i have no real needs from trades that are wotth that much either, so i figure i might keep it.. Though if i change my mind - what should i aim for?

Also, if i keep it, i could be the first one to trade 3gs from that thuwed, as noone has it yet. Problem with that, is i only have one 2g thuwed, so best i could do would be a 3g stair or checker.

Ps: i collect mostly metallics, hoarding deals are definitely out of scope on that one.

Edited by whitebaron

I would think there are people that would tade nice metals for a second gen Thuwed, Whitebaron.

I have never had a second gen Thuwed, so i don't KNOW for a fact what that'd be worth, but... i'd say you could try and keep it if no one offers anything that you can't refuse.

I have a 2g rb thuwed from rbxred neb. I have no real need to kerp it, but i have no real needs from trades that are wotth that much either, so i figure i might keep it.. Though if i change my mind - what should i aim for?

I think you can get a couple of CB metals. What kind of CB metal I'm not too sure; I don't see a lot of 2G thuwed trades.

I posted my last 2nd gen thuwed (red x pink pairing) in one of the trading threads just to see what I'd get, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to trade it or not. Offers I got were 3rd gen prizes (1:2), cb metals (1:1) and one person offered me 2 cb golds. And that's just what I was offered after posting it only once and in one thread - I think you can get 3 cb metals out of it, considering it's a new paring, and if you spend more time with looking for good offers than I did.

I wouldn't bet on selling the 3rd gen offspring though, there's a lot of people who gift 3rd gen thuweds, so I doubt you'll get much for 3rd gens.

Edited by Ha-Ki

Depending on who you approached, you might even swing a 2G prize out of it. I personally wouldn't trade a 2G Shimmer for a 2G Thuwed, but I'm pretty sure others have/do.

As mentioned, 3G Thuweds aren't worth much, if anything. I had a "PB" 3G from my two 2G Thuweds up for free 'n' nothing on the EG Trade/Gifting Thread and didn't get one single message about it. Ended up cross-posting to the Thuwed thread in the Breeding section to find someone who wanted it. They very sweetly offered me a different "PB" Thuwed in return, though I hadn't asked for anything.

I need a suggestion: I'm looking for a 2nd gen avatar from a specific mate (female gold). I currently have two GoN ready to breed, so my idea was to try to do an avatar-swap.

Do you think I'b better try to breed my GoN (for example with silvers) and then trade the result if I get something, or offer the possibility to breed my GoN with a mate of choice (and of course conclude the trade only if I menage to get the requested egg)?

And if the first, which do you think are the best mates for GoNs?

I need a suggestion: I'm looking for a 2nd gen avatar from a specific mate (female gold). I currently have two GoN ready to breed, so my idea was to try to do an avatar-swap.

Do you think I'b better try to breed my GoN (for example with silvers) and then trade the result if I get something, or offer the possibility to breed my GoN with a mate of choice (and of course conclude the trade only if I menage to get the requested egg)?

And if the first, which do you think are the best mates for GoNs?

I think it's best to see what the potential trader wants as a pair, since some love lineages with commons, while others love it with holidays.

The only issue is getting someone to trade with, because you're not allowed to post IOU trades on the forum itself, I think. You'd either have to get lucky to find such a trade in the threads or specifically look for someone who can give you the avatar.

I have another question regarding 2g eggs. Are 2gs of a trio, a copper or a 2g avatar worth much? And does it matter much if they're PB or not (aside from avatar)?

I have another question regarding 2g eggs. Are 2gs of a trio, a copper or a 2g avatar worth much? And does it matter much if they're PB or not (aside from avatar)?

2nd-gen avatars are barely worth anything anymore, unfortunately, and neither are 2nd-gen trios/coppers, although you might be able to get something if you offer a whole trio set. All people really seem to have an interest in now are CB Rares (Metals in particular) and 2nd-gen Prizes.

Edited by Myra the Sark

All people really seem to have an interest in now are CB Rares (Metals in particular) and 2nd-gen Prizes.

I've noticed that too... I was just coming here to ask is there anything bred that is worth anything? I'd love to have something on my scroll whose offspring were worth something for trading, but is there even such a thing anymore besides a CB prize, CB Holly, or CB Alt Sweetling, none of which are attainable?

Is there any value at all in a 5+ gen prize? I'd still like to collect more prizes, and I'm personally perfectly happy with 5-7ish gen (as long as the lineage is clean) but all I ever see offered are 3-4 gen and those I can't afford. I can only breed 5-gen or higher on my scroll, but those don't seem bring any offers.