Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Is there any value at all in a 5+ gen prize? I'd still like to collect more prizes, and I'm personally perfectly happy with 5-7ish gen (as long as the lineage is clean) but all I ever see offered are 3-4 gen and those I can't afford. I can only breed 5-gen or higher on my scroll, but those don't seem bring any offers.

You might be better off looking at the Metallic Trade thread rather than the RTC - I'm sure I've seen longer-lined prizes advertised there for more reasonable prices. Also, depending on your catching skills, you could try trading things like CB Trios/Chickens/Papers etc. for 2-3 higher-gen prizes? And possibly jump on the yellow Undine bandwagon, too (unless it left town already! rolleyes.gifxd.png)

What's a 4g shimmerfail from Jewel worth?

Another shimmerfail probably. Shimmerfails are gifted most of the time at gifting threads or can be found easily at the AP, so they don't really have much of a trading value.

Hi I wonder how are UBs(chicken, paper, dino, cheese) compared with tan ridgewing/red dorsal? Are hey traded 1:1?

What about Cb trio? How many tan/red dorsals shall I ask for a CB trio?

Thank you!

Hi I wonder how are UBs(chicken, paper, dino, cheese) compared with tan ridgewing/red dorsal? Are hey traded 1:1?

What about Cb trio? How many tan/red dorsals shall I ask for a CB trio?

Thank you!

I think 1:1 is a fair trade, perhaps 1:2, but mostly 1:1. I've done similar trades in the past. smile.gif

I have a question:

I really, really, really, really want a PB prize of at least 3rd gen. Something like this pretty.

How do I find people who own dragons like this, and what will it take to obtain one? I want to start my own PB tinsel line (which would most likely have deceased starter parents as I only know of one person with two CB prizes).

I have a question:

I really, really, really, really want a PB prize of at least 3rd gen. Something like this pretty.

How do I find people who own dragons like this, and what will it take to obtain one? I want to start my own PB tinsel line (which would most likely have deceased starter parents as I only know of one person with two CB prizes).

I should be getting a mate for this deadline Tinsel at some point, as I have a close friend who can breed one just like it. I can make a note to send you a Gen4 (it'll be unrelated to your current one) or you can PM me and I'll point you in the direction of my friend so you can ask for a Gen3. wink.gif

Other than that, I'd suggest posting in the Breeding subforum, probably the Even-gen thread or Lineage Requests. That way, you have a post out there that people might see. Your signature might also be a good place for a note about it.

Edited by Dimar

I should be getting a mate for this deadline Tinsel at some point, as I have a close friend who can breed one just like it. I can make a note to send you a Gen4 (it'll be unrelated to your current one) or you can PM me and I'll point you in the direction of my friend so you can ask for a Gen3. wink.gif

Other than that, I'd suggest posting in the Breeding subforum, probably the Even-gen thread or Lineage Requests. That way, you have a post out there that people might see. Your signature might also be a good place for a note about it.

ohmy.gif Either or both would be amazing! I'll PM you!

I don't own that dragon, by the way. It's just one I found while looking through lineages, haha.

And also, apparently the original breeder actually found my original post and has PMed me. YAAAAYYY, what luck! wub.gif

So a couple pages ago it was mentioned that CB Green Coppers are as hard to get as Silvers. Does that mean that I could trade this egg for a CB Silver?

So a couple pages ago it was mentioned that CB Green Coppers are as hard to get as Silvers. Does that mean that I could trade this egg for a CB Silver?

They are almost as hard to get as silvers. You can try but I doubt you would get offered a CB Silver usually 2x CB Green Coppers works, but if it was me I would never trade a CB Silver for a Copper unless something else nice was added. Never hurts to try though cause you never know maybe someone needs that Green Copper ^^

let's take the green copper for example. its about as hard to catch as a cb silver

Yeah, I figured it was a long shot. xd.png Thanks for the answer! I'll bundle it with my Brown Copper see if anybody bites, and if not I'll just keep them. smile.gif

Edited by Tehya Faye

I also wanted to add that there are lots of people willing to trade CB coppers for CB trios, unbreedables, etc. You can't say the same about CB silvers. Two CB coppers do indeed give you a higher chance of netting a CB silver but remember, usually people who catch CB silvers and golds are good enough that they can catch just about anything else as well. You would probably be better-off offering a very low-gen prize (e.g. 2nd/3rd gen prize) or a larger quantity of CB rares.

I've gotten a CB silver offered on a 3rd gen tinsel I had.

Edited by lluvia

Oh, I know. It's definitely a long shot, but I don't mind keeping them if nobody wants the offer. smile.gif

I can't offer 2nd or 3rd gen prizes, alas. Those are way out of my ability to get right now. I could definitely offer more CB Rares, but not at the moment since I'm busy trying to collect all the breeds I missed while I was gone. ^^

Edit: Wow, I just got a Silver from the Mountains. Guess I can keep the Coppers and complete a scroll goal. =D I do appreciate all the advice all the same!

Edited by Tehya Faye

2 cb coppers for a cb silver is a deal i have done often. The people who go for that kind of trade are usually not those who can catch everything themselves, but those who grabbed one by chance (happens often enough) and want to meet their scroll goals for coppers yet.

A 3rd gen tinsel should definitely net you more than a cb silver, unless you dont care about that trade. Talking about trading 2g prizes is ridiculous, btw.

I offered a lovely 2nd Gen Silver from a male Silver and a female Moonstone for two CB Summer hatchlings that had been influenced to gender as a pair, just because I saw them on a trading thread and know I need to catch enough Summers before the season is over (which is a while away sorta, but I can never seem to catch Seasonals - I have better luck with trios!).

Not really a "fair" trade, but it beats missing out, imo. I can breed more Silvers any time as luck decrees, but I'll have to wait a year for more Summers if I miss out this Season. So was worth it to me. Everyone puts a different value on different dragons - so what is generous to one is theft to another. I wouldn't be surprised if a CB Copper trader for a Silver, but the only way to find out is to try. Even "Fair" trades don't always go through - sometimes you have a super-rare dragon and are asking for something equally rare in return but nobody with that egg wants your egg at that same moment in time, so flexibility is always good too. Otherwise there's the old "first/red/bold line in signature applies" if you get what I mean, which can be very useful in those scenarios.

@Tehya Faye:

Just wanted to add that the CB Silver I have currently on my scroll was traded for a CB green Copper and 3 CB Trios (which I seem to catch quite easily) so 2 CB Coppers should be quite enough for a CB Silver. smile.gif

A 3rd gen tinsel should definitely net you more than a cb silver, unless you dont care about that trade.  Talking about trading 2g prizes is ridiculous, btw.

From a personal point of view only, nowadays I wouldn't offer more than a CB Silver for a 3rd Gen Prize. Just because I'm not seeing a lot of interest on 4th Gen Prizes, meaning that the relative off-springs could be not very valuable trade-wise.

Question to checker people. smile.gif

A 4th gen Shimmer with a lineage like this, NO inbreeding aka perfect checker:

user posted image

What would it be worth? Is it something a lot more valuable than other 4th gen Prizes or is it an item not really sought after? What would such a Prize be able to fetch in trading? If you had a line like that, what would you attempt to get in return?

Thanks in advance! <3

From a personal point of view only, nowadays I wouldn't offer more than a CB Silver for a 3rd Gen Prize. Just because I'm not seeing a lot of interest on 4th Gen Prizes, meaning that the relative off-springs could be not very valuable trade-wise.

If trade value is your only concern, you should never offer on 3gs anyway.

That aside, I've consistantly been getting more than a cb silver in worth for my 3g prizes for over a year. It takes longer now, yes, but thats to be expected when the newness leaves.

(no way I'm saying that I always get 2 metallics, but there's always some spare change that can be added like bsa hatchies etc)

user posted image

What would it be worth? Is it something a lot more valuable than other 4th gen Prizes or is it an item not really sought after? What would such a Prize be able to fetch in trading? If you had a line like that, what would you attempt to get in return?

Thanks in advance! <3

Don't know other's opinions, but I'd give a lot for that. Pretty much anything I could breed.

(not that I ever HAVE a lot, but I would really like that dragon)

I'd say much more than other 4th gen prizes, but as to what I'd ask in return, I can't say. If it was the only one I had of that checker I'd just keep it!

Edited by MessengerDragon

user posted image

Thanks in advance! <3

Adding in here I would also 'pay' a hefty amount for that. Most likely in other checker lineages but I also have a terrible time catching so take that as you will.

As for what I'd try to get for that I'd leave it open to offers with whatever I need at that time being auto.

Edited by brairtrainer

user posted image

Thanks in advance! <3

That looks amazing and is definitely worth so much more than a regular stair 4g prize, in my opinion!

Like stated, I'd just say you're looking for offers (you could add a link to your wishlist for ideas) and see what the biggest offer is.

Another trade question here, what could a CB Thunder and chicken be worth combined? Or is there not much use in combining a trio and unbreedable?

I'm putting up my trade in a few hours to see what I'll get.

user posted image

Thanks in advance! <3

I think Prize checkers are really interesting, but it's mostly a collector's item since it's quite difficult to continue them and the market is very small. So its value really depends on who you're trading it to.

I'm not sure what I'd ask for if I had a line like that to trade, but personally I'd offer a CB silver or equivalent for it.

I think Prize checkers are really interesting, but it's mostly a collector's item since it's quite difficult to continue them and the market is very small. So its value really depends on who you're trading it to.

This. I also love checkers much more than stairs or spirals, but on the other hand I have declined a 3rd gen prize checker I was offered because I could not continue it.

Question! How much would this lineage be worth? http://dragcave.net/lineage/VBdCN (I'm aware I can't trade off the adult now, but I can breed another. Thing is, it comes from a rarer lineage on the mother's side and I don't want to breed too many, and I'm not gonna bother breeding another like her if she's not worth that much.)