Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What can I expect to trade in return for a 4th gen Gold stair/sprial Shimmerscale from a common or uncommon mate?

Would a CB Blusang and 2G Silver (M Silver x F Green Copper pairing) suffice? Or will I have to add something, such as two 4G Tinsels (one Gold, one Silver)? What other alternatives, excluding CB Blusangs and CB Metals (not the best at catching them!) could I use?

Apologies for all the questions, I haven't attempted to trade for a gold Shimmerscale yet and I'm not sure of their value.

I would really like to know what caveborn shimmers, blacks and Gilded Bloodscales are worth. Does anyone know?

I would really like to know what caveborn shimmers, blacks and Gilded Bloodscales are worth. Does anyone know?

The only caveborn Shimmers are those won in raffles, so I don't think you'll ever be able to get one to trade. xd.png

CB Blacks and CB Bloodscales are both in the uncommon-common range. Worth less than, say, a CB Trio or CB Tan Ridgewing / Red Dorsal, but probably would net you a few CB hatchlings of more common breeds.

Yo so I got a CB Ice. Would that + a few 4g Tinsels be enough to net me a CB Red Copper? If not, what sort of things might I add to sweeten the deal?

Or, if a CB Copper is out of the question, would it be enough for two CB Tan Ridgewings, or a few checker lineages from Speckles, Black Teas, or Tan Ridgewings? I figure CB Ices crop up less often than Ridgewings, but since 9/10 of those that appear are probably purple, I'm not sure if it balances out. And then with the checkers, while I think it's worth it in terms of rarity, I'm not sure anyone would have enough luck (or lineage projects) to get three of the ones I want all at once, so I'm not sure. :/

The only caveborn Shimmers are those won in raffles, so I don't think you'll ever be able to get one to trade. xd.png

Err.. I kinda asked that because I have a caveborn shimmer up for trade O_o'

Heh.. sorry for the confusion there.. but that's very good to know, thank you . smile.gif

Err.. I kinda asked that because I have a caveborn shimmer up for trade O_o'

Heh.. sorry for the confusion there.. but that's very good to know, thank you . smile.gif

Those are Shimmers/Shimmer-scales: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Unless by some miracle you have a CB of one of those types, you are probably referring to something else? xd.png

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Unless by some miracle you have a CB of one of those types, you are probably referring to something else? xd.png

Yeah, my bad, I was referring to a Golden Wyvern which I thought were called shimmers (or at least that's what the wiki said they were nicknamed) xd.png

Everyone makes mistakes though, looks like a made a big one. Though I never seen those eggs before. Might have something to do with my long hiatus with Dragon Cave.

Yeah, my bad, I was referring to a Golden Wyvern which I thought were called shimmers (or at least that's what the wiki said they were nicknamed) xd.png

Everyone makes mistakes though, looks like a made a big one. Though I never seen those eggs before. Might have something to do with my long hiatus with Dragon Cave.

GWs fall into about the same category as Blacks / Bloodscales. They aren't exactly common, but they aren't exactly uncommon, either. Although I think GWs might actually be worth slightly more than the other two types--the Rare Trading Center only counts CB GWs as rares among the three, and while it's not an official rarity level, it's usually a pretty good indicator of what people are looking for right now. smile.gif

I am currently trying to collect all the Dinos I can. What should I offer in exchange for them?

I would like to ask about how many CB Blusangs does a CB Gold or CB Silver worth?

I just recently did an IOU (yesterday in fact) for 3 CB Blusangs + Any 2 unbreedabels (Or just 4 CB Blusangs) for 1 CB Silver. Though they asked for 4, I would have felt 6 CB Blusangs would be fair for 1 CB Silver. 10 for a CB Gold.

What can I expect to trade in return for a 4th gen Gold stair/sprial Shimmerscale from a common or uncommon mate?

Would a CB Blusang and 2G Silver (M Silver x F Green Copper pairing) suffice? Or will I have to add something, such as two 4G Tinsels (one Gold, one Silver)? What other alternatives, excluding CB Blusangs and CB Metals (not the best at catching them!) could I use?

Apologies for all the questions, I haven't attempted to trade for a gold Shimmerscale yet and I'm not sure of their value.

The thing when trading tinsels is that there are now more CB Tinsel from the earlier raffle and there's probably going to be more this upcoming one, (who knows, may happen with shimmers too). Also in quite a bit of trading posts they say "3g Shimmers, no tinsels" (hell, even some say "no bronze shimmerscale" or "no bronze prize"). I think it's fair to offer 2, but I think more than half would reject it. You could try using some CB Seasonal (egg)/CB Black (hatchling)/CB Nebulas (hatchling; especially if they're colored, but you may have them grow up before you even trade them!) as some good trade fodder with the 2 4g Tinsels. smile.gif Oh and sometimes a few BSA hatchlings (reds/pinks) can definately help you out a lot. smile.gif

You should use CB Black hatchlings as CB New release fodder, I usually get an accept when I offer them up. Otherwise, don't expect too much for a CB black.

Yo so I got a CB Ice. Would that + a few 4g Tinsels be enough to net me a CB Red Copper? If not, what sort of things might I add to sweeten the deal

If one of the Tinsels descended off Penk I found that users that don't have many posts count would rather prefer a tinsel of this lineage over a gold tinsel. =o Though if you're doing 4g Bronzes those probably aren't going to do the trick. :/

You might want to try a CB Ice + CB Seasonal + 4g Tinsel. The way I get my CB Metallics from my 3g Prizes is that I usually just PM the user if they'd like an IOU from my 3gs that don't have a long list (IE 3 people on it already) and wait for their response. Usually they'll decline, but sometimes I'll get a yes here and there. smile.gif Though CB Coppers, imo, will probably get more common in cave later and decrease in price. I really don't mind since I don't like their sprite and would only use them for scroll goals. Though I could be wrong and they go super rare again.. xd.png Anyways for this:

would it be enough for two CB Tan Ridgewings, or a few checker lineages from Speckles, Black Teas, or Tan Ridgewings?

I have never had a problem trading a CB Ice for 7x 2g PB Whites unrelated to one another. It would usually get off my scroll in less than 3 days and I've done that trade 4-5 times already and I'm thinking of uping it to 8. ^^ So I think you could definitely get some pretty lineages for it! Oh and the 7x amount I asked for hatchies only, and influenced each as a pair, and that the 7th did not have to be influenced. smile.gif

How much is a Caveborn Gold Wyvern worth? (Not the exact post, but pretty close)

When I first came to DC forum and traded, my first trade fodder were GWs. And I very much remember how much I traded -- which was 3 and what I got for them. 1 CB Green Dino, 1 CB Thunder, and a Cheese. smile.gif Though I think their value has gone down now as I remember seeing a huge dang flood of them in the Alpine not too long ago, I think a month ago actually. xd.png I'm starting to find more CB GWs in the AP as well. Saw 2 last week. smile.gif A fair offer, imo, is probably a CB Red Dorsal or a CB Tan Ridge. Gold Wyvern < Red Dorsal < Tan Ridge. You can of course try for a dino/trio/unbreedable though biggrin.gif

I am currently trying to collect all the Dinos I can. What should I offer in exchange for them?

Usually any Alt black/vine does the trick. BSAs work, but only to those that are asking for them in my experience. Otherwise you may want to catch a CB trio as I'm pretty sure that's going to get you a Dino like the alt vine/black will. ^^

So this christmas, my Cousin will have a 3rd gen Holly for trade. He is not a forum member but he was curious what it would be worth. Any thoughts?? I know they are rare, but I am sure as more are bred they will be come less rare as the years go. or maybe not. Your thoughts?? Could he get CB metals, ND??

thoughts?? Thanks.

The thing when trading tinsels is that there are now more CB Tinsel from the earlier raffle and there's probably going to be more this upcoming one, (who knows, may happen with shimmers too). Also in quite a bit of trading posts they say "3g Shimmers, no tinsels" (hell, even some say "no bronze shimmerscale" or "no bronze prize"). I think it's fair to offer 2, but I think more than half would reject it. You could try using some CB Seasonal (egg)/CB Black (hatchling)/CB Nebulas (hatchling; especially if they're colored, but you may have them grow up before you even trade them!) as some good trade fodder with the 2 4g Tinsels. smile.gif Oh and sometimes a few BSA hatchlings (reds/pinks) can definately help you out a lot. smile.gif

Alright, fair enough. I'm not after a 3G, I know that is quite a ways out of my league. I can understand and respect that some would reject an offer of Tinsels, I have had 4Gs up for trade with no bites (although I was fairly specific on what I wanted).

I don't have much luck with Seasonals but CB Blacks and perhaps Nebs aren't too much difficulty to catch. Never thought about the BSA hatchlings, even though I still trade things for them! Thank you for the advice, Saynna. smile.gif

I don't have much luck with Seasonals.

Never thought about the BSA hatchlings, even though I still trade things for them! Thank you for the advice, Saynna. smile.gif

You don't have any luck with seasonals?! O.o I'm surprised. xd.png They're easier to get near the end of the season, but people (just judging) seem just to be lazy to go catch one themselves. lol

No problem on the ideas. wink.gif

So this christmas, my Cousin will have a 3rd gen Holly for trade. He is not a forum member but he was curious what it would be worth. Any thoughts?? I know they are rare, but I am sure as more are bred they will be come less rare as the years go. or maybe not. Your thoughts?? Could he get CB metals, ND??

thoughts?? Thanks.

Personally, if I were in a position where I didn't have any Hollies, and had bad luck catching any in the past, I'd be prone to trade almost anything. I think it varies from person to person, but there's a lot I think that can be traded for it.

thoughts?? Thanks.

He might get it, but I think he has to search a while for someone to trade a cb metal for a Holly. People who are quick enough to catch cb metals probably are also quick enough to catch Hollies in the AP, and can afford to be picky and throw back long-lineaged ones and just catch another one xd.png

But I've seen people offer cb metals for a 2nd gen Holly IOU, so it should be possible to trade a 3rd gen Holly for one as well.

suggestions on what to offer for CB red/green coppers? the accursed things are eluding me... would a 2nd gen PB gold be enough? or should I throw more in?

Edited by psyrae

Hm, since I started playing DC again, I noticed that the "value" of alt blacks dropped to almost zero. A few years back, players would almost offer their right arm for one - but now, no offers at all. Still, they are marked as rare in the rare trading thread - something I experienced not depicting reality.

Do you know which ones - apart from 2nd gens - are still worth something? What can I expect for a 4th Gen even PB black (regulars, except for one alt in the lineage) curled alt black?

Edited by traumeule

Hm, since I started playing DC again, I noticed that the "value" of alt blacks dropped to almost zero. A few years back, players would almost offer their right arm for one - but now, no offers at all. Still, they are marked as rare in the rare trading thread - something I experienced not depicting reality.

Do you know which ones - apart from 2nd gens - are still worth something? What can I expect for a 4th Gen even PB black (regulars, except for one alt in the lineage) curled alt black?

Now since cb blacks are more common so are the chances of black alts. You can get multiple good lineages for it since it has an alt and is curled (which is worth more than standing) and you could also get 2 unbreedables but don't expect a cb metal. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Edit: @psyrae Coppers are experiencing a drought right now with green ones going for cb golds. I'd recommend just waiting until the christmas release where the biomes are almost deserted to catch one yourself.

Edited by Sarah864

Which is worth more: a 3rd gen Thuwed with a lineage that looks decent (aka a checker/2-breed stair/etc.), or a 3rd gen Thuwed from two 2nd gen Thuweds of various breeds?

Thank you! <3

suggestions on what to offer for CB red/green coppers? the accursed things are eluding me... would a 2nd gen PB gold be enough? or should I throw more in?

4th gen Shimmers maybe, 3rd gen Tinsel for a couple, something like that I'd say, although please don't quote me on this one, I haven't traded for Coppers much.

A 2nd gen OB Gold...personally I wouldn't trade a Copper for one, but theoretically it could be possible, I think. =)

You are right actually, people mostly offer nice trades for 2nd gen Alts and such, but not for the others. I've given up picking up random Blacks from the AP in order to find out if they Alt or not, because even if they do it will be difficult to get anything decent in exchange anyway. Not sure what the reason behind it is, people have become more picky about lineages, I guess. =/

2nd gen Alts or higher gen Alts with some super-epic lineages are still worth quite a lot, but in order to trade a higher-gen Alt for something good you need to get lucky, from my experience. Maybe CB BSA hatchies or stuff like that is something one could expect for a 4th gen, I don't even know.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Which is worth more: a 3rd gen Thuwed with a lineage that looks decent (aka a checker/2-breed stair/etc.), or a 3rd gen Thuwed from two 2nd gen Thuweds of various breeds?

Thank you! <3

That depends from person to person. Personally, I'd take thuwed checker over a pure one any time of day. But it seems that lots of people nowadays prefer pure thuweds.

Thank you! <3

4th gen Shimmers maybe, 3rd gen Tinsel for a couple, something like that I'd say, although please don't quote me on this one, I haven't traded for Coppers much.

A 2nd gen OB Gold...personally I wouldn't trade a Copper for one, but theoretically it could be possible, I think. =)

You are right actually, people mostly offer nice trades for 2nd gen Alts and such, but not for the others. I've given up picking up random Blacks from the AP in order to find out if they Alt or not, because even if they do it will be difficult to get anything decent in exchange anyway. Not sure what the reason behind it is, people have become more picky about lineages, I guess. =/

2nd gen Alts or higher gen Alts with some super-epic lineages are still worth quite a lot, but in order to trade a higher-gen Alt for something good you need to get lucky, from my experience. Maybe CB BSA hatchies or stuff like that is something one could expect for a 4th gen, I don't even know.

I'd say they're both worth about the same with the double thuwed being worth slightly more. However, many people in the breeding threads will gift thuweds which is where I got http://dragcave.net/lineage/iDjrr and http://dragcave.net/lineage/sl3Mc but I traded a cb blusang for http://dragcave.net/lineage/8wM6B if that helps. The more thuweds the better.

Edited by Sarah864

Thanks guys!

I managed to catch 5 CB golds/silvers in a week and couldn't touch a copper. Never had enough interest in prize dragons to collect nice low gen ones xd.png

Anyway, Christmas sounds like a good idea. thanks again!

Hmm, I've never tried trading anything other than 2G alt blacks (not been much of a dragon freezer until very recently), so this genuinely passed by me entirely. Sorry about that; didn't occur to me at all to have alt black lineages discussed. smile.gif Guess it's time to toss that into the discussion ring!

(Edit: It occurs to me I should probably mention this in public: Even if there's a notable slant in rarity, they might stay listed as a subspecies without a lineage cap, simply because we genuinely try to avoid lineage caps as best we can, as they're the main source of confusion for posters. Depends on the degree, basically.)

Edited by pinkgothic

Hmm, I've never tried trading anything other than 2G alt blacks (not been much of a dragon freezer until very recently), so this genuinely passed by me entirely. Sorry about that; didn't occur to me at all to have alt black lineages discussed. smile.gif Guess it's time to toss that into the discussion ring!

Take the value of the black in question by itself (a.k.a what you expect to get from it) and multiple that by two for what you can expect to trade for it if it alts.

Edit: Wow this thread is going by fast. I guess that's what happens when you're egglocked and bored.

Edited by Sarah864

Take the value of the black in question by itself (a.k.a what you expect to get from it) and multiple that by two for what you can expect to trade for it if it alts.

Edit: Wow this thread is going by fast. I guess that's what happens when you're egglocked and bored.

Personally, I'd expect to get much, much less for a regular 2G black than a 2G alt black, honestly, nothing near 50% of the value... but then, I have days where struggle to get rid of 2G non-alt black hatchlings even just on publically posted, free-for-all transfer links. (That being said, your mileage may vary. biggrin.gif)

Edited by pinkgothic