Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Do people honestly go for trades like "Have 6th gen spiral Holly, Want lower-gen Holly"? I see those quite a lot (and for lineaged Prize dragons, too, during non-Holiday periods). I can't believe they're very successful, but people seem to keep doing them anyway. o_0

Do people honestly go for trades like "Have 6th gen spiral Holly, Want lower-gen Holly"? I see those quite a lot (and for lineaged Prize dragons, too, during non-Holiday periods). I can't believe they're very successful, but people seem to keep doing them anyway. o_0

Never tried it, and I know I'd never accept it. *shrugs* Maybe they are hoping that people will go for quantity over quality (in cases when they offer several ones) or they are looking for those who want to get a frozen sprite but don't want to freeze nice lines. That's all I can think off.

I made a trade post like that, but I was offering multiple Hollies (at one time, 7 of them) in exchange for a 2nd gen. The way I see it is, some people might care more about how many they have rather than how nice their lineages are. Or perhaps someone has lots of friends on DC and wants to gift them all a Holly egg but can't because they only have the one egg--in which case a trade like the one I offered makes sense. But in situations where a person is only offering one Holly, I don't understand why they think anyone would take them up on it.

I made a trade post like that, but I was offering multiple Hollies (at one time, 7 of them) in exchange for a 2nd gen. The way I see it is, some people might care more about how many they have rather than how nice their lineages are. Or perhaps someone has lots of friends on DC and wants to gift them all a Holly egg but can't because they only have the one egg--in which case a trade like the one I offered makes sense. But in situations where a person is only offering one Holly, I don't understand why they think anyone would take them up on it.

Question for science: did you get the trade?

Do people honestly go for trades like "Have 6th gen spiral Holly, Want lower-gen Holly"?  I see those quite a lot (and for lineaged Prize dragons, too, during non-Holiday periods).  I can't believe they're very successful, but people seem to keep doing them anyway.  o_0

I have traded a 4G Gold Tinsel for 2 5G Bronze Tinsels, admittedly they were lines I did not have. However I did not offer on said trade, someone offered on my trade. I would have also accepted a 8G or 9G Bronze Tinsel from a line I didn't have for the same 4G if I had not already accepted a trade (didn't see the pm until after the trade). The person didn't have many low gen tinsels, so I was willing to compromise. I can after all, breed another 4G Tinsel of that lineage. It might take a month of Sundays, but I can breed another one. xd.png

Generally, I prefer a same generation swap (although lower would be accepted, I do not ask for them) or if I am asking for something else, I prefer the number I ask for. I try not to ask for mountains in return for hills, although my not-so-great sense for equal trades isn't the best and on occasion I find myself asking for something more valuable than what I am offering. If I don't get any offers after 12hrs to a day, I am either asking for too much, or trading at the wrong time of day.

;;

Hmm... I think they're more on par with CB Trios--or a bit higher.

Well I just got a cb copper for a 5th gen gold tinsel, cb autumn, and a cb blusang Id say as a whole the value of blusangs has decreased a lot because so many people have them now and theyre easier to catch. Id say 2-3 cb blusangs would be fair for a green copper, and just add a cb uncommon or something pretty with a cb blusang for a red/brown copper. Then again the copper I got was green but it was the only offer I got in 48hrs (someone else offered a brown on cooldown which i said i would accept but then it wasnt put on the trade link and i didnt get a pm) and cb autumns are about to be realky rare now especially for breeders. Sorry for misspellings, on mobile, Id put them between trios and brown copper maybe more depending on the person, lots of people find blusangs pretty afterall.

Edited by Sarah864

Do you think I can get anything in trade for this snowangel http://dragcave.net/lineage/7RmVW (I was hoping for specific lineage yules and wrapping wings from with common mates) or should I simply drop it again in the AP?

Yes, if your asking for common mates Id trade 1:2, lots of people would breed theirs with common mates for free afterall.

Hello,

I have a question about a 2g gold:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/npOqL

Someone has offered me a 4g Holly, its lineage is exactly in this format:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ji5Ei

Shall I accept it? Or wait for more offers?

(I'm looking for Hollies only)

Thanks '

Accept. It's a wonder you got such a good offer for a 2nd gen gold from a holiday.

Alright guys. I've got a trade up - CB Cooper with a Cb Blusang. And I've got a lovely offer. It's a third gen Holly Stairstep from Santa X Bright Pink. Now, normally, I'd accept it right away... except I don't have a bright Pink to continue the lineage. So, my question is: do you guys think I've got a chance of another 3rd gen Holly offer?

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Alright guys. I've got a trade up - CB Cooper with a Cb Blusang. And I've got a lovely offer. It's a third gen Holly Stairstep from Santa X Bright Pink. Now, normally, I'd accept it right away... except I don't have a bright Pink to continue the lineage. So, my question is: do you guys think I've got a chance of another 3rd gen Holly offer?

I don't know about another shot at a 3g, but it shouldn't be impossible to trade for a couple of 2g's from old pinks if you have a particular type of mate you'd want to build.

I don't know about another shot at a 3g, but it shouldn't be impossible to trade for a couple of 2g's from old pinks if you have a particular type of mate you'd want to build.

If it was even gen I wouldn't even think about it. But it's a stairstep. Meh. I've accepted the offer and we'll see if I can switch it around.

Santa's dead if I'm not mistaken and dead lineages are worth very little if you want to ever trade off offspring for something good. The brightpinks kinda kill off value too since you do not have a bright pink and most DC members don't either. Really I wouldn't accept the offer and keep holding out because me myself would never accept a dead lineaged dragon UNLESS it's dead lineaged to follow a theme like a 2g Vampire from dead parents because to me that'd be cool and I'd probably trade a few uncommon hatchlings for that, but that's me and I doubt most players would do such a thing lol.

Santa's dead if I'm not mistaken and dead lineages are worth very little if you want to ever trade off offspring for something good. The brightpinks kinda kill off value too since you do not have a bright pink and most DC members don't either. Really I wouldn't accept the offer and keep holding out because me myself would never accept a dead lineaged dragon UNLESS it's dead lineaged to follow a theme like a 2g Vampire from dead parents because to me that'd be cool and I'd probably trade a few uncommon hatchlings for that, but that's me and I doubt most players would do such a thing lol.

Meh. What's done is done. I'm kinda hoping that being dead lined won't kill it's worth too much, since most people know that Santa was one of the original Hollies. isn't he also a zombie right now?

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Meh. What's done is done. I'm kinda hoping that being dead lined won't kill it's worth too much, since most people know that Santa was one of the original Hollies. isn't he also a zombie right now?

-shrug- I'm not sure if it is or not. I just know he's dead. xd.png As a guideline dead lineages AND messies are usually worthless.

He's dead. Meh, I like him either way.

Well yeah either way if you like him and really do feel it was worth it then it was worth it, imo. ^__^ Happy holidays!

Santa's a zombie (lol imagaine telling little kids that) and hey despite not being able to continue the lineage I'd give you multiple IOUs from the stuff on my scroll for that Holly. Unfortunately I don't have Christmas dragons to breed for you. Lot's of people like deadlines and Hollies and if you offer to let them choose the mate (I think continuing it with graves would look nice but that's just an opinon) you should be able to get a decent offer. I think its a fair trade, not exceptional, not terrible, but fair.

Edit: At least I think he's a zombie. Pretty sure if he's dead he'd lose his name by now.

Double edit: Pretty sure this is more of a lineage advice question but what mate with an alt shadow walker (the brown one) would give the best value for it's offsprings? I know asking for a gold would mean any of it's gold offsprings would be good for trading but then again I like trading for pretty lineages and breeders might want something that doesn't clash as much.

Edited by Sarah864

Edit: At least I think he's a zombie. Pretty sure if he's dead he'd lose his name by now.

Dead dragons don't lose their names anymore.