Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Well, I'd say thats my personal preference (and yes, it's based on the look). I love checkers, but none of them is one. Thuwed perfect checker? - Yes, please. Multiple Thuweds vs multiple spriter alts? - Spriter alts.

I have no idea which one is worth more, but if I was going to choose one of them for my scroll, to keep it, not to use in trades, I'd go for the first one. But that's only me smile.gif

Thanks irercha, sooooo I guess lineages with spriter alts are worth more than those with multiple Thuweds? Or was it just the look of that lineage that made it better?

I'd agree with irercha, mostly because of the look of the lineage. The one with Thuweds is just too colorful for it to work.

I don't think that 4th gen and higher offsprings from alts or thuweds are particularly valuable. There's just so many of them in circulation and finding one in the AP is comparatevely easy. And of course, plenty of people go around and gift them.

@Becka Green one's can go for a cb gold or cb silver. I believe red and browns are more common and worth slightly less but I'm not too sure on the value. You could get multiple rares or unbreedables for them I think but not other cb metals.

Ack! Guys I need your help. Which lineage is worth more, this or http://dragcave.net/lineage/kJ6qP assuming the offsprings the same dragon. I'm so torn unsure.gif

Edit: Fixed the stupid link

The one with white, all Thuwed lineages are terribly clashing and far too common.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was so lost, I love pretty much all pretty lineages. So again, thank you all who responded! smile.gif I guess I know which Holly I'll be getting...unless I get a better offer of course tongue.gif

Why not continue trading your CB Silver for eggs with more time? Assuming you are trying to trade it for a Holly

There are several benefits:

1) You can conduct a proper trade for hollies meaning no possibility of a scam

2) Everyone unfortunate enough who hasn't managed to arrange an IOU for their holly offspring are competing for a limited pool of rares i.e. CB metals and NDs - as far as I know all holly IOUs trade for more out of season than they do in season

3) As a general rule of thumb, everyone with 2nd gen Hollies will be looking to trade for CB Metals and NDs fewer rares for other people trying to trade hollies to fight over.

4) I've caught and gifted many hollies with those lineages. They're worth very little.

Edited by DarkEternity

Why not continue trading your CB Silver for eggs with more time? Assuming you are trying to trade it for a Holly

There are several benefits:

1) You can conduct a proper trade for hollies meaning no possibility of a scam

2) Everyone unfortunate enough who hasn't managed to arrange an IOU for their holly offspring are competing for a limited pool of rares i.e. CB metals and NDs - as far as I know all holly IOUs trade for more out of season than they do in season

3) As a general rule of thumb, everyone with 2nd gen Hollies will be looking to trade for CB Metals and NDs fewer rares for other people trying to trade hollies to fight over.

4) I've caught and gifted many hollies with those lineages. They're worth very little.

So when's the best time to trade for Holly eggs? It's my first christmas on DC but I like pretty lineages yet have no idea how rare it is to get a Holly. If I want one with the things listed in my sig, what gen should I look for and can get with a cb silver and cb blusang?

So when's the best time to trade for Holly eggs? It's my first christmas on DC but I like pretty lineages yet have no idea how rare it is to get a Holly. If I want one with the things listed in my sig, what gen should I look for and can get with a cb silver and cb blusang?

If you want a 2nd gen, your best bet is off season. You'll pay for it more then, but you've got bigger chances of getting a deal.

I'll be getting a 2nd gen this year. I gave a CB Cheese, 3rd gen Marrow X Silver and a CB Ice for it - but I had to wait two years for it. Trade wise, it was the best possible deal that anyone could get. Most owners will ask for at least one CB metal, others for more. They can afford to wait and be picky since all of the trade offers are coming to them.

But that's all talk in case of owners. People who catch them in the AP during the holidays can't be picky. Because of the time span, most of them will be forced to trade their catches for a CB Gold at most.

With a CB Silver and Blusang, you could probably get 4th gen, or if you are lucky a third gen. If that Silver was a Gold, you'd have much bigger chances for a 2nd gen.

Generally, for Holly owners:

- The best time to trade = anytime which ISN'T christmas - gives people time to fulfill IOUs and there's no chance of the other person scamming. Plus, lots of CB metals and rares drop/are made available throughout the year so you can ask for much more

- They do this by advertising in their sig

- In previous years, people were able to advertise IOUs on their boards but now it is probably more difficult since they are confined to their signature

- People also tend to associate Hollies with rare and valuable at times other than Christmas but during Christmas they are either becoming more common or appearing more often. The perception of rareness is part of the factor behind the 'value' of hollies

Generall, for people wanting Hollies:

- With longer generations, it doesn't especially matter when you are trading for them. However, be aware that on Christmas everyone and their grandmother will be trying to trade desperately for a CB metal.

However, do not forget that CB metals are themselves a limited commodity:

- During holidays, as a general rule of thumb, the biomes often have less traffic as people stuff themselves full of holiday dragons as there is no other time to pick up holiday dragons

- Less traffic = fewer biome blockers moved. You'll often see people complaining about this in suggestions. It's not so much a reduced chance of rares, but fewer trials (i.e. fewer eggs grabbed) means that fewer eggs can be seen, meaning fewer CB metals and fewer rares being displayed and able to be grabbed

- As the normal rule of thumb goes, lower generation hollies command greater prices.

- Now, each holly can breed to produce between 0-4 eggs. I'd say that the total population of new Hollies produced is much higher than the number of CB metals. Of course, only a select few of them are traded, but still, I saw fewer CB metals on the trade forums than hollies.

- You may be surprised at how many hollies you see in the AP. The most popular times at which people breed is on the first day, second day and then the last day. (in the middle, breeding gets reduced greatly)

Personally, I think that you should go for a 3rd gen Holly. Of course, people with those kinds of hollies tend to ask for 2 CB metals but you might find they exaggerate a little. 4th/5th gen hollies are ... relatively more common than people like to present them. I, personally, would not trade a CB metal for anything less than a 3rd gen. The reason why: you are limited to two holly spots on your scroll:

- If you get a better hollies and eventually max out your spots, to replace the holly you have, you must get rid of it which is wasteful

- CB metals, on the other hand, you can keep unlimited ones of them

- people try to keep short lineages in order to produce eggs. It's my personal opinion that Hollies are multiplying exponentially so it might be worth waiting a few years to get a good deal. Obviously, this might change.

- I will only keep one Holly - if I want to trade/gift reliably. There has been a bug in the past which auto abandons adult dragons instead of the eggs produced. The bug appears to have been triggered by holding dragons in teleport when you are already at the limit for longer than 30 minutes. It was a rare incident, but people lost some nice dragons on Valentines. I'm not sure if has affected anyone since.

Advice for people wanting second gens

Your best bet is off season, like PointOfOrigin says. The same deal as second gen prizes, arrange a trade as soon as possible as soon as the winners are released. (in the past there was a raffle and a tree decorating contest allowing honourable mentions the chance to get CB Hollies).

In my opinion, making a deal with a more reputable user is more reliable and less likely to yield a scam on their part.

However, people who are experienced know that they can ask for more like multiple CB metals and people will fulfill them.

Edited by DarkEternity

Oh. Wow. O-O I had no idea about any of this Holly stuff. I'm going to hold off on trades, maybe switch for longer time eggs, and wait for offers until the 19t-21st which, if I'm not mistaken, should be the time for christmas releases. I'll pm people and change my trade posts so everyone knows and since I'm looking for an even gen (and I'm too lazy to collect cbs and start my own lineages) I'll aim for a pretty 4th gen. Maybe I'll catch a green copper and aim for 3rd. I cannot stress enough how much I appreciate the advice, I will be copying and pasting this info for next year. You guys are the best, thank you! thumbs_up.png

I forgot to mention two other things:

- Hollies can produce no eggs in season (which is annoying. The polite thing to do would be for the owner to put you down for next year)

- When a Holly clutches, some people like to pick their holly's codes. An owner can only keep one but there used to be a tradition where other people sit around and try to catch more than one from the clutch, but TJ put a stop to that by adding some random strings to the URL tongue.gif Still, some people used to offer multiple hollies from a clutch so beware if someone offers more than one person an IOU per year - more than likely only one person will get the egg. There is the half an hour grace period to pick the code so if you want to do it, arrange a time with the person you're getting it from. (the code thing is another reason why people like arranging trades out of season.)

Edited by DarkEternity

Generally, for Holly owners:

- The best time to trade = anytime which ISN'T christmas - gives people time to fulfill IOUs and there's no chance of the other person scamming. Plus, lots of CB metals and rares drop/are made available throughout the year so you can ask for much more

Speaking as holly owner: I prefer to arrange this things early, because in the christmas season I'll have something else to do than negotiating offers wink.gif

What is this 3rd gen tinsel worth? (This link goes to the lineage page, not the egg's main page.)

Well, I've seen people mentioning in the trade threads that they would be willing to trade a CB Cooper for a "rare line" 3rd gen tinsel. Now, I have no idea if that line is rare - I'll let collectors to decide that tongue.gif

Out of curiosity, what's the best a CB Golden Wyvern could be traded for?

These days on a good day, it could get you an Unbreedable.

What is this 3rd gen tinsel worth?  (This link goes to the lineage page, not the egg's main page.)

You could try asking for CB Metallic but your chances of that on a scale of 100 would probably be more of the area of 45. The lineage is common too if you were wondering.

Look at page 171, are you looking for anything specific?

Nothing in particular. I knew they used to be pretty rare, but if I'm able to catch them, they must becoming more common. Maybe I'll keep them for another breeding pair.

I grabbed a CB Gold and asked for a Blue Dino hatchling, a Purple Dino hatchling, or a Neglected hatchling. Was this fair or should I change what I'm asking for?

I grabbed a CB Gold and asked for a Blue Dino hatchling, a Purple Dino hatchling, or a Neglected hatchling. Was this fair or should I change what I'm asking for?

I think you could you get a bit more than just a dino hatchling. Though it does depend what asking for

Nothing in particular. I knew they used to be pretty rare, but if I'm able to catch them, they must becoming more common. Maybe I'll keep them for another breeding pair.

In the past week, I've seen considerably more CB Green Opals than Blue ones. I couldn't even trade a Green one for a Blue as there were loads of Green opals on the market :/

Not fair. An ND is worth about 3/4 to a half of a CB gold in my opinion, and dinos are not a tenth.

Not fair. An ND is worth about 3/4 to a half of a CB gold in my opinion, and dinos are not a tenth.

Are NDs more common/easier to make now? I have 3 and wouldn't have parted for a CB gold but thats just me laugh.gif

Why would you say that?

I think you could you get a bit more than just a dino hatchling. Though it does depend what asking for

Are NDs more common/easier to make now? I have 3 and wouldn't have parted for a CB gold but thats just me  laugh.gif

With hatcheries going down I can say for certainty it's been harder for me and a couple others to make NDs. I used to be able to make them with way more success before certain hatcheries went down, now I've just had a huge streak of deaths and I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence. My turn ratio:number of experiments was 4/10 (so I had 4 turns out of 10 actual experiments, that's a 40% chance) now it's been 5/18 (27.7777%). It is not just "luck" that plays into getting a ND. Well I guess it is luck if you have no clue what you're doing and you get a turn and have it successfully hatch.

Also if I'm not mistaken, NDs used to go for 2 CB Golds back in the day.

I can say if NDs weren't worth a CB Gold/CB Silver than I would not be trading off my NDs and just keep them for myself for collection. It doesn't just take your time to make one (well it could, but not sure if I can go into details lol) but it also takes apart of someone else's time as well if you use the standard method people use now. It takes up egg space that you could be using for a project, hoarding time, gift, trade fodder, ect. Good luck trying to get a ND with just 2 dinos. I think the only way you'll get that without it being free as a gift is if you have a friend -- a very close friend -- that makes NDs and already has built up on their collection of CB Metallics/NDs.

Most people think all they need is a sentence or 3 explaining on how to make a ND, but that's way too little information. If I were to explain every detail then it'd be 3 big paragraphs at least and I'm not even a veteran when it comes to NDs. I'm just a newbie who seeked out any information he could on NDs and it payed off.

I'm apart of this FB group that's about the DC main site. I see people trying to make NDs, but none of them have ever made a success ever. I'm not talking about members that are new either, they're very old members soon in the 2007 range to the current time. I only know 2 others in that group that makes NDs and they're veterans but don't make NDs anymore. Both opened up a ND group just to teach those group members how to make a ND. They even made a FAQ for people and I can say it's not a very good one. They only show the very basics of ND experimentation, not the stuff on trying to get a turn. It's like giving someone tools and trying to get them to build something without the blueprints. I posted all my turns onto that group as well. I remember one time this person didn't even read the FAQ and they were going all around on saying how I was just "lucky" on my turns when they haven't even read the FAQ when the FAQ was basic information. Lol. I even post what they should be doing and the process I do when making one but they just don't listen it seems. =/ I'm just mentioning this to show how people just ignore information/too lazy to read any of the information and how not knowing the tiniest of things can ruin your chance at a neglected. 1 month alone of screwing up because you didn't know x or y is a long time. laugh.gif

I asked people if they could send me a two-way with a dummy for a CB Blusang. I know that it's more gifting, but how do I make sure someone sends me one? I want to get it off my scroll.