Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

For lineages most people (just an observation) seem to prefer a 2g metallic over any other kind of lineage (excluding prize low gens). Though I think it's best if you just wait to breed when a trader is asking for that specific lineage and if they don't have many options for wants because chances are you may have to wait a bit if they have a huge want list opposed to a short list of 1-2 wants because they're more likely to accept your trade really fast if they see it offered. smile.gif

As for tinsels, I believe they're quite common, some people list that they don't want tinsels in wants so their value is a bit off a shimmer's. ^^ Though I believe you could try getting a CB metallic from a 3g Tinsel if you bred one.

Golden Wyverns are uncommon. Demand is medium. So you can still use them for trading,

As for 3g shimmers and tinsels, those will always have a hefty price.I still consider 1-2 CB Metals a fair price, or value according to it.

4gs, on the other hand, are rather plenty AND you can't decide how the lineage should look like, its already done for you by then.

@sarah:grats to a spectacular trade. 1:1 copper to the old cb metals is quite a good ratio, one I would never trade. Yes, coppers are hitting a draught because of the high demand, but they are no true rares. Unless you are really impatient, better keep silvers and golds or trade for stuff you cant find in the cave (prizes, loads of er hatchies, whatever else you prefer...)

Thank you! I figured it was something along those lines. Though I think the person just really needed a cb red copper since he/she had multiple badges so I think/hope it was a good trade for both of us.

Edited by Sarah864

I have an urgent question? What are 2G Shimmerkins worth? I have a 2G Bronze Shimmerkin which is a green copper... It's from Felix Felicis Leviosa....

Or the linage is below:

Linage

I have an urgent question? What are 2G Shimmerkins worth? I have a 2G Bronze Shimmerkin which is a green copper... It's from Felix Felicis Leviosa....

Or the linage is below:

Linage

I'd say there's no "set price" for those at all. From what I've seen some people give them away for free, but on the other hand there are users who ask for CB Metal(s) for them at the forum - not sure if such trades are easily performed or not, however.

If you'd like to trade it, then it would probably make sense to start with something spectacular like a CB Metal maybe, and if nobody is desperate enough for a Prizekin like that to give one for it, then start lowering to something less extreme.

If you ask me, I'd say that they aren't really supposed to be worth much, they aren't 2nd gen Tinsels/Shimmers after all. But given the fact only a set group of users are capable of breeding such lines, a Prizekin like that may be a desired item for some collector out there.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Ahhhh ok ZzelaBusya >_< Do some people really give out for free? o.O I thought 2G Shimmerkins or Tinselkins were still pretty rare... Oh well...

Ahhhh ok ZzelaBusya >_< Do some people really give out for free? o.O I thought 2G Shimmerkins or Tinselkins were still pretty rare... Oh well...

Yes, there are some CB owners who add people to Prizekin lists and ask for nothing in exchange. That's why it's a bit saddening, to me, to see people who get them for nothing from a certain owner trade them for a CB Silver afterwards... xd.png But I can see where it comes from, of course.

They aren't as desired as actual Prizes for the simple reason...that they aren't actual Prizes xd.png So many people would love a 2nd gen Tinsel/Shimmer, but I bet there are a lot less collectors who are after fails, hence the difference in value.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Yes, there are some CB owners who add people to Prizekin lists and ask for nothing in exchange. That's why it's a bit saddening, to me, to see people who get them for nothing from a certain owner trade them for a CB Silver afterwards... xd.png But I can see where it comes from, of course.

They aren't as desired as actual Prizes for the simple reason...that they aren't actual Prizes xd.png So many people would love a 2nd gen Tinsel/Shimmer, but I bet there are a lot less collectors who are after fails, hence the difference in value.

Similar to what ZzelaBusya said, the price varies. But it's also because people needs 2G tinselfails/shimmerfails for different reasons.

Some people who collect any and all 2G prizekins have a set price but that depends on a person. Some are willing to trade CB Metal/s, whereas some are willing to trade but for less.

It's also possible that a certain person needs that specific prizekin for a specific lineage (perfect checker or whatnot), then the price for the prizekin can increase to multiple CB Metals, although for this specific lineage, I haven't seen a 2G Bronze Shimmer x Green Copper of that combination so this might not happen for you.

Otherwise, you should just try your luck in the trades for now, CB Metals and 2G Shimmerkins swap are usually the prices people set (although not sure how well they trade when you post in the forums since I tend to trade directly).

having received various 2g shimmerkin from felix felicis (crimsons!), I can tell you what I did.

I traded one for HermioneLeviosa for a Silver, to show her that they are worth something too. She did not bother to do so herself again, so I kept two as well. Then i gifted some. Finally I told her to drop them or give to someone else. :-)

Yes, you can trade them, and some people will still pay a nice sum for them. But its not as easy to get higher value anymore, as those most desperate are likely to have what they need by now.

Thanks ZzelaBusya, Valeth and whitebaron biggrin.gif The information was really helpful happy.gif

Oh and also, I've traded the 2G Shimmerkin away now. But I can share the offers I got, if people in the future wanna find out:

1x CB Gold

1x CB Silver

1x CB Silver + CB Red Copper

1x CB Green Copper + offer to bring in more CB Metallics

1x CB Red Copper

1x CB Red Copper

1x 4G Gold Shimmer + 3G Silver Tinsel

These are all from different people, btw. I accepted the CB Gold, obviously biggrin.gif

Are CB Green Opals about equal to CB Trios in rarity, or are they worth a bit less?

I feel they are worth a bit less than any trio in my opinion. Too much of a flood of them in trade threads. u_u I managed to snatch a CB Green opal egg in forest biome and didn't take it immediately, just though I should probably trade for one since I needed just one more to have my full hatchie/adult set of 'em, but then decided just to take it since it was sitting there for 30+ seconds.

I feel they are worth a bit less than any trio in my opinion. Too much of a flood of them in trade threads. u_u I managed to snatch a CB Green opal egg in forest biome and didn't take it immediately, just though I should probably trade for one since I needed just one more to have my full hatchie/adult set of 'em, but then decided just to take it since it was sitting there for 30+ seconds.

Was worried that might be the case. Thanks for the answer! biggrin.gif

Are second gen coppers (PB) worth a CB terrae? Been trying to get one (terrae) but no bite.

Really? Now that's something I'm surprised about. xd.png CB Tarraes shouldn't be too hard to get since you don't need to spend much time in AP to find one (most of the time in my experience anyways, but I did just tried to look in AP, but seems to be eluding today laugh.gif )

Are second gen coppers (PB) worth a CB terrae? Been trying to get one (terrae) but no bite.

You're probably trading in the wrong places. EATW for example takes a long time for people to accept trades even if they're good ones especially if a transfer link isn't included. If you make a post in the trading forum you could get a cb terrae and something else (2nd gen PB coppers are worth a lot more, I'd recommend trading it for something else and just getting a terrae off the AP)

You're probably trading in the wrong places. EATW for example takes a long time for people to accept trades even if they're good ones especially if a transfer link isn't included. If you make a post in the trading forum you could get a cb terrae and something else (2nd gen PB coppers are worth a lot more, I'd recommend trading it for something else and just getting a terrae off the AP)

Actually, I'm only using the forums. tongue.gif

Thanks.

What do you guys think a 3g Honorary Dorkfaces are worth? Probably something most people don't know, but I could provide proof it was one of the two honorary dorkfaces off the original dorkface lineages. =o And yes, it is a perfect checker too.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HFVe5

What do you guys think a 3g Honorary Dorkfaces are worth? Probably something most people don't know, but I could provide proof it was one of the two honorary dorkfaces off the original dorkface lineages. =o And yes, it is a perfect checker too.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HFVe5

I must confess I have never heard of honorary Dorkfaces, and I don't know what they are. And I think many people - like me - will consider it as a normal 3rd gen white x gold checkered, pretty but not so rare

Actually, I'm only using the forums. tongue.gif

Thanks.

My bad. Regardless, you should get more for that. Not cb metals but maybe some rares or a 4-6gen shimmer.

@Saynna Depends. You could get different pretty lineages for it, like one's with spriters alts or low gen thuweds but I think it's really up to luck since it's only valuable to breeders. Who knows, maybe one of them can offer a cb rare but I wouldn't bet on it (maybe PB rares?).

Errr, would a CB Bloodscale hatchling be worth a CB Nebula hatchling? xd.png

Thanks in advance <3

EDIT: Just for the record in case someone's interested - got one wub.gif

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I wouldn't give you a CB Neb for it, but that's just me. They're dropping more often now.

I've been here a while too, and have several Dorkfaces. What's an 'honorary' Dorkface? I know the story behind the Dorkface Splits, and that tale is 'from the day'. But I have never heard of an 'honorary' Dorkface.

Urgh, I hate trading. x3

Is it that hard for anyone to breed a pebble from a tea (likely since that's why I'm asking for one) or is this really not worth a second gen common?

Urgh, I hate trading. x3

Is it that hard for anyone to breed a pebble from a tea (likely since that's why I'm asking for one) or is this really not worth a second gen common?

Most likely no one can get a pebble. I just got three teas and a refusal. I only have four male teas.

Just for fun I also bred my four female teas and got four tea eggs.

Edited by littleblackdog

Most likely no one can get a pebble. I just got three teas and a refusal. I only have four male teas so I'm out.

Thanks. :3 I've gotten like 15 pebble fails myself - just wanted to make sure I shouldn't be trying for something else to offer. <3