Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I managed to snag a CB Silver a bit ago and was wondering what gen of Shimmerscale I could ask reliably for it. I was hoping for a 3rd or 4th gen but is that asking too much?

You can try 3rd, though 4th would be more realistic.

The way I see it, 3gs are worth more than one cb metal, and 4gs less.

I managed to snag a CB Silver a bit ago and was wondering what gen of Shimmerscale I could ask reliably for it. I was hoping for a 3rd or 4th gen but is that asking too much?

If my second gen would breed any shimmers, this is definitely a trade I would make.

If I wanted to trade a cb gold for a shimmer scale, what gen could I reasonably hope to trade it for?

Also, is a cb gold still worth just two cb silvers?

If I wanted to trade a cb gold for a shimmer scale, what gen could I reasonably hope to trade it for?

Also, is a cb gold still worth just two cb silvers?

1: a 3g or 4g, depending on who you are trading with. I personally would not give anyone a 3g of my precious shimmers for just a cb gold, they are a very rate commodity.

2: a cb gold has never been worth 2 cb silvers. There are some people that believe they should be, but their ratios are about the same - its just that gold metal is more worth than silver metal, which drives those faulty assumptions. In my experience, golds drop as often as silvers, if not slightly more.

Edited by whitebaron

what do you think i could get with a 3rd gen, influenced alt vine...??

I often trade second gen gold or a silver for low gen alt vines and blacks.

My question smile.gif

What are CB green opals going for now? They seem to be a lot easier to grab lately.

edit: As for shimmers and CB gold or CB silver, I have and do trade third gen shimmers for a single CB gold or a single CB silver.

Edited by rubyshoes

What is a CB neglected worth? Is it worth more than a CB silver + CB red copper? Or it is worth less

What is a CB neglected worth? Is it worth more than a CB silver + CB red copper? Or it is worth less

Most people offer CB Gold for Neglected, so CB Silver + CB Cooper would be perfectly fair price.

Most people offer CB Gold for Neglected, so CB Silver + CB Cooper would be perfectly fair price.

Where are these people? They seem to go into hiding if ever I have a ND to trade... rolleyes.gif

Where are these people? They seem to go into hiding if ever I have a ND to trade... rolleyes.gif

Maybe I should have said it differently:

As far as I can see, when people ask for a Neglected in the trading threads, they very often offer CB Golds. And most experimenters when posting, ask for a CB Gold.

I don't have personal experience (never tried to trade for a Neglected), and I can only go by what I see.

I personally think that's a fair price *shrugs*

Maybe I should have said it differently:

As far as I can see, when people ask for a Neglected in the trading threads, they very often offer CB Golds. And most experimenters when posting, ask for a CB Gold.

I don't have personal experience (never tried to trade for a Neglected), and I can only go by what I see.

I personally think that's a fair price *shrugs*

And I'm just saying that I've never found that to be the case. I've never managed to trade an ND for *any* CB metal *ever*. So while people may *ask* for CB metals, doesn't mean they're getting them... Obviously, I can only speak for myself, though. wink.gif

And I'm just saying that I've never found that to be the case. I've never managed to trade an ND for *any* CB metal *ever*. So while people may *ask* for CB metals, doesn't mean they're getting them... Obviously, I can only speak for myself, though. wink.gif

I guess it must be the usual problema. ND and metals have been around for a while, and most people want a determined number of ND as they are pretty much useless aside for looking pretty in a scroll, and being a rarity. That is, you can't use them for lineages or anything.

So, the people who can catch CB metals already got all the ND they needed. Some of them might be experimenters are well.

People who can't catch metals can't offer them up, no matter how much we want a ND. I'm sure most active players don't have a ND, and that's mainly because they don't have the means to aquire one.

I don't know how much a ND is worth. Since it takes so much work, I always asumed more than I could pay, so I never actively searched to trade for one.

@DragonNighthowler: Yep, I think that's about the size of it. Personally I wouldn't trade *for* an ND unless there was a really epic reason for doing so (like it had some super-crazy special lineage or something) because for me, NDs are quite a personal thing and I like to make them for myself for the challenge or for particular lineages. Their unbreedable nature means I don't especially care whether or not they're CB.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I guess it must be the usual problema. ND and metals have been around for a while, and most people want a determined number of ND as they are pretty much useless aside for looking pretty in a scroll, and being a rarity. That is, you can't use them for lineages or anything.

So, the people who can catch CB metals already got all the ND they needed. Some of them might be experimenters are well.

People who can't catch metals can't offer them up, no matter how much we want a ND. I'm sure most active players don't have a ND, and that's mainly because they don't have the means to aquire one.

I don't know how much a ND is worth. Since it takes so much work, I always asumed more than I could pay, so I never actively searched to trade for one.

That's probably it. And it's obviously possible, since @aurorain got offered a metal and a cooper - and nowadays coopers alone can go for a CB gold (happened to me). I guess it's just bad luck.

@Mirhana - You probably won't get a Silver or Green Opal, but the rest of your trade seams realistic biggrin.gif

Actually I offered a CB Silver and CB Red Copper onto a CB neglected. I got the CB neglected so I was just wondering if I got ripped off or if I actually got a good deal biggrin.gif

Actually I offered a CB Silver and CB Red Copper onto a CB neglected. I got the CB neglected so I was just wondering if I got ripped off or if I actually got a good deal biggrin.gif

That's what I get for presuming xd.png

Congrats biggrin.gif

About what worth does a CB Red Dorsal have? I mean, I know they are on the rares list and a few months ago I got the feeling they were pretty "expensive", but recently I haven't seen too many of them in the trades to have a good feel for what they are equivalent to.

What should I offer to get a 2nd gen copper from a specific lineage (common mate)?

Do you think I'd have any chance with a 5th gen shimmer or a 3rd gen metallic?

What are alts going for these days?

Well I got the following:

2x Curled Black Alts

3x Sitting Black Alts

for

1 CB Blusang + 6 CB Black hatchlings

All 2g PBs

What should I offer to get a 2nd gen copper from a specific lineage (common mate)?

Do you think I'd have any chance with a 5th gen shimmer or a 3rd gen metallic?

I'd say so. I'd make that deal, at any rate. smile.gif

What is a 3G Tinselkin/Shimmerkin worth? Thanks biggrin.gif

I asked the same question here some months ago and was told that 3rd gen shimmerkins are worth nothing, only 2nd gens can be traded for decent things.

However, a collector saw my post and I got a nice trade for it. I don't actually remember what it was exactly, but it was about the value of a couple of uncommon hatchies or something I really needed for a lineage.

I think value also depends on the breed of the shimmerkin, mine was a bluesang. A more common breed might be worth less, even if it has a shimmer parent.