Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Thanks. :3 I've gotten like 15 pebble fails myself - just wanted to make sure I shouldn't be trying for something else to offer. <3

Just got more than 40 pebble fails so that could be it.

I must confess I have never heard of honorary Dorkfaces, and I don't know what they are. And I think many people - like me - will consider it as a normal 3rd gen white x gold checkered, pretty but not so rare

Well I mistook the post there is actually only one honorary dorkface that's included in the dorkface lineage. The Screenshot of post is:

here and I did see the page 2 of the dorkface thread and it is there.

@Tawada&oddsoxdi: I know the original one, but I was saying there is an "honoary" dorkface too. smile.gif I have a 3g EG Perfect checker of the original (which I caught off AP and did post the lineage link in the AP thread), but it's white so I'm trying to breed a 3g Gold honoary dorkface so I can make 4g's. happy.gif

And if anyone was too lazy to check out screenshot here is the exact quote:

The Story of the Dorkface Clan

Once upon a time, not so very long ago ladiefare was on a quest to acquire female Gold Dragons from the cave to add to her breeding stable. She had captured 3 Gold eggs,which was no small feat!As they grew,the first one gendered as a male.She named him Mighty Midas and threatened the next egg in line to gender that should he also be male he would be named Dorkface, so it'd better be a girl!

Well, he did not listen and was named Midas Dorkface!(The third egg also gendered male and was gifted to a fellow Dragcave addict and was named Midas Dorkface II btw! He is an honorary Dork!)

As time went by he produced many eggs and became the most favored Dragon in ladiefare's stable. One day when she got bored ladiefare thought up The Quest.The Quest was a combined effort with the community of DragonSpam, where the Dorkface offspring had been gifted for months, to collect one of every breed of Dragon descended from the Dorkface line that others had bred with their own Dragons.

Thus the Dorkface Clan was born,prospered and produces many eggs(they are very prolific breeders) to this day.

Sorry I couldn't just link to it, not sure how to link to old posts without looking through a user's history post. x_x

Though I don't think I'm ready to trade it off (wanted to see what people thought it was worth), I gifted the first one to a friend, but while I was in school today I was thinking I should do some pretty fun stuff with the lineage. smile.gif And possibly turn it lol.

Edited by Saynna

Urgh, I hate trading. x3

Is it that hard for anyone to breed a pebble from a tea (likely since that's why I'm asking for one) or is this really not worth a second gen common?

I've also had only Teas produced, sorry. They certainly seem to be dominant when it comes to breeding! So it's kinda hard to get good checkers going, even with Speckle Throats (I've also found the ST's like to make eggs their way too).

4gen Bronze shimmer X BBW (it's to Utren Shin, but NOT Ribbon Dancers) trades for what now?

Thanks. :3 I've gotten like 15 pebble fails myself - just wanted to make sure I shouldn't be trying for something else to offer. <3

when unlocked will try for you - fingers crossed one person gets lucky

Well I mistook the post there is actually only one honorary dorkface that's included in the dorkface lineage. The Screenshot of post is:

here and I did see the page 2 of the dorkface thread and it is there.

That's pretty interesting, but I don't know how much would add to the trade value because I don't think many people are aware of that story. It doesn't have the same 'dorkface' claim to fame.

Although if the story were more widely known, it might spark some interest from collectors.

Socky, right now, its nearly impossible to breed Black Tips, Bleeding Moons, Black Capped Teimarrs and Black Teas to another breed and get the other breeds egg. I've seen someone whos been trying to get metals/trios from those, someone whos trying to get an ember from Black Tip and someone whos trying to get a balloon from Bleeding Moon and they're still not successful.

Personally, I've been trying to make a Magma x M Black Tea checker, but nope, they all give Black Teas only.

Hah, thanks all! I was peeking around the breeding section and saw that some people were making (slow) headway with a black and tea lineage, so I thought I might have a chance with pebbles. I will just keep breeding black teas until something else crops up. <3

Socky, right now, its nearly impossible to breed Black Tips, Bleeding Moons, Black Capped Teimarrs and Black Teas to another breed and get the other breeds egg. I've seen someone whos been trying to get metals/trios from those, someone whos trying to get an ember from Black Tip and someone whos trying to get a balloon from Bleeding Moon and they're still not successful.

Personally, I've been trying to make a Magma x M Black Tea checker, but nope, they all give Black Teas only.

It isn't impossible, though!

http://dragcave.net/progeny/P8a4B

*looks at the lone Nocturne* laugh.gif

A friend of my friend had been trying to get a Shimmer out of Black Tea for four months. Finally she succeeded, but I don't think the baby is having any luck producing any Shinies.

It isn't impossible, though!

http://dragcave.net/progeny/P8a4B

*looks at the lone Nocturne* laugh.gif

A friend of my friend had been trying to get a Shimmer out of Black Tea for four months. Finally she succeeded, but I don't think the baby is having any luck producing any Shinies.

Lyke omg! laugh.gif

Which is why the word "nearly" is in there wink.gif

Yes, I think I'm going to wait a few more months before going with my own projects with Black Teas.

I also have a question about commons: how do Bleeding Moons, Black Caps and Yellow-Crowned dragons compare to Spitfires?

I'd say yellow crowns are about the same. For the others I'd do a 2:1 trade on account of the Holly contest but I wouldnt be surprised at a 1:1 (might take longer for offers though)

Someone has offered a CB Thunder and a Chicken for my CB Blusang.

Fair? Your thoughts?

Someone has offered a CB Thunder and a Chicken for my CB Blusang.

Fair? Your thoughts?

Very, cb blusangs are actually on the rise now. Speaking of which, what could I get for a cb blusang and http://dragcave.net/lineage/EsDnV ? Is a cb silver or Holly IOU too much to ask and I should include something else, or should I just wait it out?

Very, cb blusangs are actually on the rise now. Speaking of which, what could I get for a cb blusang and http://dragcave.net/lineage/EsDnV ? Is a cb silver or Holly IOU too much to ask and I should include something else, or should I just wait it out?

Your most worth is a CB Blusang, but that's worth a chicken/trio area. The Nebula would be fun to continue, but it's not a perfect checker, just a EG from two toally different EG's. The best way to trade lineage(s) is to make sure they're short, EG, and the harder mate to produce. Though even if you had a 2g metal and added the blusang I'm afraid it's not enough for a CB Silver. As for the Holly it really depends what generation you want, a 2g Holly is going to cost you some CB Metallics, I was lucky and only needed to give a red/green dino for mine, but they didn't have my preferred mate which was a CB Silver female so I had to go catch my own mate for it LOL. Same with a 2g Gold from Female Holly x Male gold. Had to do the same (I always check the person's scroll before I ask for a specified pairing to see if they have it).

If you want just any holly I think there's people that are willing to give offspring for free. ^^

Your most worth is a CB Blusang, but that's worth a chicken/trio area. The Nebula would be fun to continue, but it's not a perfect checker, just a EG from two toally different EG's. The best way to trade lineage(s) is to make sure they're short, EG, and the harder mate to produce. Though even if you had a 2g metal and added the blusang I'm afraid it's not enough for a CB Silver. As for the Holly it really depends what generation you want, a 2g Holly is going to cost you some CB Metallics, I was lucky and only needed to give a red/green dino for mine, but they didn't have my preferred mate which was a CB Silver female so I had to go catch my own mate for it LOL. Same with a 2g Gold from Female Holly x Male gold. Had to do the same (I always check the person's scroll before I ask for a specified pairing to see if they have it).

If you want just any holly I think there's people that are willing to give offspring for free. ^^

Thanks! I thought that would be the case for a cb silver but I didn't know people gave away Holly offsprings. blink.gif

Thanks! I thought that would be the case for a cb silver but I didn't know people gave away Holly offsprings. blink.gif

Well it's pretty late in the month and the christmas breeding isn't far away. You might want to add into your sig you're looking for any sort of generation of holly if you don't mind. smile.gif

What can a 4G Gold Shimmer get? Can they get offers of CB metallics? Like CB Coppers for instance

Would a CB Brown Copper, CB Blusang, CB Green Opal and a Green Dino get me a 3gen Tinselfail or Shimmerfail? I'd sure like to find a mate for my 3gen shiny.

@aurorain I believe 4g shimmers were discussed earlier on the last page or so but while I believe they can get cb coppers you may find difficulty getting a cb gold or silver.

@oddsoxdi I'd pm shimmer owners as some give away fails for free, regardless I think you're offering too much. Unless it's a rare lineage you should be fine with the cb copper and dino (or you could offer a blusang instead of the dino) alone.

Update: Got a cb silver for a Z-code paper (guess some people have different/unusual scroll goals but meh). Still no offers for a Holly though. dry.gif

Edited by Sarah864

Would a CB Brown Copper, CB Blusang, CB Green Opal and a Green Dino get me a 3gen Tinselfail or Shimmerfail? I'd sure like to find a mate for my 3gen shiny.

I think the green dino alone should be enough to get you a 3g tinsel/shimmerfail O_o; Though you may have to PM someone you have this to trade for a 3g tinsel/shimmerfail as I don't think they'd just approach you with it. And yeah, PMing makes a difference in a trade.

@Sarah: You are getting some really good deals.... .___.;

Edited by Saynna

Just out of curiosity, would you say that 'anti-checkers' like this are less than or equally valuable to an equivalent checker?

My instinct is that its the kind of thing that depends on who you're trading with, but still, wondering others view points

Just out of curiosity, would you say that 'anti-checkers' like this are less than or equally valuable to an equivalent checker?

My instinct is that its the kind of thing that depends on who you're trading with, but still, wondering others view points

I have heard them referred to as "alternating checkers." I have a few myself. Some people do prefer a perfect checker, but as long as you stick to a pattern (swapping the genders every generation) they can be very beautiful and desirable.

3g fails - which kind, eg, stair, spirals?

I throw mine 3gstairfails to ap usually, so i'd be delighted to hold the next egg for you for a little thank you.

It does depends on who you talk to. I would give you equal gen copper, or any gen bred Halloween swaps come that time of year. On my Halloween lines, I actually prefer proper checkers because it shows off all the sprites. But lots of people like sticking to the more standard checkers, so they're a little harder to find for us folks who like them. You have no idea how much I want that to cross into my shadow walker line or my Aeramen lineage. I luff your lineage projection dearly.

I have also never heard them called "anti-checkers" before. Generally I hear "alternating checkers" or sometimes "twisted checkers" but I prefer a different term I've heard: "proper checkers." The edge of a checkerboard does not go red red red, it goes red black red laugh.gif