Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

hmmmmm, what are you hoping to get for the alt? Are you looking for a lineage or cbs? An alt. would increase the value exponentially if it has a good lineage but if you're after cb rares there won't be many takers.

Now since cb blacks are more common so are the chances of black alts. You can get multiple good lineages for it since it has an alt and is curled (which is worth more than standing) and you could also get 2 unbreedables but don't expect a cb metal. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Since anything rare and/or unbreedable eludes me in the cave, I was really hoping for any kind of dino or, but I think this is probably too much to ask for. Apart from that, I'm not looking for anything atm - I was just curious about other opinions concerning alt blacks, since I practically never see them asked for in trades and such. A little sad in my opinion!

Thank you very much for your comments! You've all been very helpful! smile.gif

You could get max 2 unbreedables in my opinion but it depends on the day. Personally I dislike dinos and I'm even trading one away for BSA hatchlings yet others value them a lot more and will give cb rares for them, especially if it has a cool code, but that's far more uncommon.

You could get max 2 unbreedables in my opinion but it depends on the day. Personally I dislike dinos and I'm even trading one away for BSA hatchlings yet others value them a lot more and will give cb rares for them, especially if it has a cool code, but that's far more uncommon.

Okay, thanks for your opinion, I might try that - we'll see how that work. smile.gif

Personally, I also do not like dinos... I just need them to structure my scroll into groups. Gosh, it sounds mean when I write it down... wink.gif

How many red hatchlings for a purple dino hatchling? :s

@traumeule you're welcome. smile.gif

Edited by Sarah864

How many red hatchlings for a purple dino hatchling? :s

@traumeule you're welcome. smile.gif

I've traded 4x red hatchlings for 2 Yellow Dinos. Also I remember getting a chicken for trading a cb magi, nice lineaged red, and a nice lineaged pink for one. smile.gif

hmmm, should I accept a trade for 3 then or hold out and see if someone offers more?

Edit: Oh also, I just bred my first black alt biggrin.gif Currently is a standing one worth more or a curled one? I'm not trading, just curious.

Edited by Sarah864

hmmm, should I accept a trade for 3 then or hold out and see if someone offers more?

Oh you replied already? xd.png I sent you a PM lol...

EDIT:

Oh also, I just bred my first black alt biggrin.gif Currently is a standing one worth more or a curled one? I'm not trading, just curious.

Curled ones are more desirable, but this is the case only for freezing. If soemone is looking to freeze it they'll pay more than opposed to someone wanting to let it grow up since they both have same adult sprites. smile.gif

Edited by Saynna

You don't have any luck with seasonals?! O.o I'm surprised. xd.png They're easier to get near the end of the season, but people (just judging) seem just to be lazy to go catch one themselves. lol

No problem on the ideas. wink.gif

It's more of a non-interest in Seasonals, when I see the description I usually refresh over it a few times before realising I can use them for trades, and by then someone else takes them. Pleased to say I have managed to catch one, they are far less common than Green Opals, it seems.

As I am seeing Green Opals far more often now, both in the Forest biome and in the trading threads, has their trade value decreased as a result of this? Would a Green Opal for a Purple Opal be a fair trade? I need a few more and I haven't seen many in trade offers. I'm assuming they get nabbed fairly quickly in the Alpine biome, probably due to higher activity levels.

Edited by VampiricOmen

It's more of a non-interest in Seasonals, when I see the description I usually refresh over it a few times before realising I can use them for trades, and by then someone else takes them. Pleased to say I have managed to catch one, they are far less common than Green Opals, it seems.

As I am seeing Green Opals far more often now, both in the Forest biome and in the trading threads, has their trade value decreased as a result of this? Would a Green Opal for a Purple Opal be a fair trade? I need a few more and I haven't seen many in trade offers. I'm assuming they get nabbed fairly quickly in the Alpine biome, probably due to higher activity levels.

Yeah, I've seen them sit for a long time (Green Opals). As for Seasonals they never sit for too long.

I think it's fair for a 1:1 trade from green opal to purple opal, but the strange thing that bugs me is that people seen to have what they needed with purple opals but they're still grabbing them compared to green opals right now. That part I don't get lol. You may get some disinterests because Purple opals right now are being caught faster than green opals. Also activity wise in Alpine seems to die down a bit to 15 people in there right now, I thought I'd see 28+ at least in there. ._. Forest had a comparison of 10. Though I shouldn't judge because it's at this instance and I am willing to bet there would be a lot more in Alpine during the hour drop.

Yeah, I've seen them sit for a long time (Green Opals). As for Seasonals they never sit for too long.

I think it's fair for a 1:1 trade from green opal to purple opal, but the strange thing that bugs me is that people seen to have what they needed with purple opals but they're still grabbing them compared to green opals right now. That part I don't get lol. You may get some disinterests because Purple opals right now are being caught faster than green opals. Also activity wise in Alpine seems to die down a bit to 15 people in there right now, I thought I'd see 28+ at least in there. ._. Forest had a comparison of 10. Though I shouldn't judge because it's at this instance and I am willing to bet there would be a lot more in Alpine during the hour drop.

Fair enough, I don't hunt in the Alpine too often, usually only at the top of the hour. If I don't see what I want in a biome I move to a less populated one so I have a chance, even a slim one, at grabbing a desirable egg. I've been camping in the Forest, Desert and Coast so it is a bit of a baffling thought to not see many Purple Opals for trade, yet heaps of Greens. I would have thought in a more populated biome, people would grab them just to see the egg hidden behind it, and maybe try to trade it for something else later. They might be getting sent to the AP for all I know.

As with before, thank you for your input. Valuable knowledge regarding trade values used to elude me all the time, this thread has at least given me some insight as to where I was asking for too much for what little I had (even if I thought what I was asking for was fair).

I have a 3G Gold Shimmer (Magi, stairdown) up for trade. There are two offers from different people, let's call them 'A' and 'B'.

A offers a 3G Gold Shimmer (GW, stair), while B offers 2 3G Tinsels, one Gold (Sunsong, spiral) and one Silver (Penk x red Copper). A's shimmer is an egg, B has offered eggs (ER, 2days left) the day before for the Shimmer, and offering them again now as hatchlings.

I am tempted by both, and generally happy with either offer should it go either way. Which do I pick? Opinions please smile.gif

Chose something. smile.gif

Edited by sharlykng

I am tempted by both, and generally happy with either offer should it go either way. Which do I pick? Opinions please smile.gif

Then it doesn't matter which you pick, you'll be happy either route cool.gif Follow your bliss.

The biggest determination might be if you can continue the lines offered. Also, any idea if the hatchlings are correctly influenced? That might be another deciding factor.

B has PMed me saying that both hatchlings are appropriately influenced. I am able to continue all the lines. Haha, what a dilemma.

I have a CB gold hatchling... would it be worth a 2G silver shimmer? I have a lineage in mine I -really- want to try, but I'm horrible at catching rares (I didn't catch this one), and I have no idea what it is really worth.

I have a CB gold hatchling... would it be worth a 2G silver shimmer? I have a lineage in mine I -really- want to try, but I'm horrible at catching rares (I didn't catch this one), and I have no idea what it is really worth.

That's a pretty fair deal. To increase your chances I'd say to also ask around in the breeding threads if anyone is able to breed a silver shimmer with your mate of choice.

That's a pretty fair deal. To increase your chances I'd say to also ask around in the breeding threads if anyone is able to breed a silver shimmer with your mate of choice.

Unfortunately, this isn't true anymore. Considering I had to pay multiple CB metals + NDs for a 2G Holly, I don't think 2G Shimmers/Tinsels are going for just one CB metal.

You can't just.. go around the threads asking what Shimmer owner has their list open laugh.gif it doesn't work that way. For most people, it's hard to get on 2G Prize lists, as the lists are normally closed.

Unfortunately, this isn't true anymore. Considering I had to pay multiple CB metals + NDs for a 2G Holly, I don't think 2G Shimmers/Tinsels are going for just one CB metal.

You can't just.. go around the threads asking what Shimmer owner has their list open laugh.gif it doesn't work that way. For most people, it's hard to get on 2G Prize lists, as the lists are normally closed.

On the breeding forums I believe you can ask for lineage help. I also believe more people have 2g silver shimmers than 2gen Hollys and while it may take a while most are willing to trade. It can't hurt to ask anyways, and there are multiple trade requests for a 2g or 3g shimmer in return for a cb gold :s Maybe someone else can help with this...

Edited by Sarah864

All I know is that I don't know. I want a silver shimmer/royal crimson spiral, and I'm ok with waiting forever tongue.gif

I just don't want to PM shimmer owners when they have their lists closed or say don't pm me about xxx. So I'm really at a loss, even whether my little hatchie is worth it or whether I could find a trade. tongue.gif

All I know is that I don't know. I want a silver shimmer/royal crimson spiral, and I'm ok with waiting forever tongue.gif

I just don't want to PM shimmer owners when they have their lists closed or say don't pm me about xxx. So I'm really at a loss, even whether my little hatchie is worth it or whether I could find a trade. tongue.gif

Don't pm them, just post that you are looking for ______ and are willing to trade _____. I'm going to try and PM some several 2gen shimmer owners for what they usually traded. Hopefully I'll get the answer by the time someone inputs on this thread but either way you'll find out.

On the breeding forums I believe you can ask for lineage help. I also believe more people have 2g silver shimmers than 2gen Hollys and while it may take a while most are willing to trade. It can't hurt to ask anyways, and there are multiple trade requests for a 2g or 3g shimmer in return for a cb gold :s Maybe someone else can help with this...

Yes I know that.

"Most are willing to trade"? Um.. No XD A majority of the prize owners have lists, and only allow a certain amount of people on the list at once.

Have you ever looked at the trades section? Half of the things people ask for is a 2G Prize for whatever they're trading. I can tell you this with 99.9% certainty that none of those people get 2G prizes directly from the trade threads (if that makes sense).

It can't hurt to ask, obviously, but it's a waste of time. I've seen a single person attempting to trade multiple CB Golds (at least 3 at a time) for at a 2G prize, for at least a month now, and I don't think she's gotten a bite yet.

Edit: I would advise against PMing owners who say to not PM them about Shimmers, Sarah. It's incredibly rude and annoying.

Edited by Erica8798

Most of us with CB hollies have already made deals by this stage, I think, though my list is permanently closed for Holly offspring unless maybe TCA's awesome alabaster dragons are released or something like those pretty eclipse dragons.

However, tastes do vary and it's usually worth PMing people with offers rather than posting in a trade thread.

(for example, I'd sooner shoot myself in the foot than collect NDs unless I'm gifting them or trading them off.)

If you want to go on a CB prize list prepare to wait. I mean literally. I joined a list in 2011 and got a tinsel in 2013. One prize winner vanished on me. And I'm not sure what's going on with my 3 shimmer IOUs - not sure if I really want to ask what happened...

Erica is right that almost nobody will PM you if you offer a single CB gold. Lots of people have plenty of CB metals to the point that they don't need any more. It's more of a question of being in the right spot and the right time. Even if you offered 14+ CB metals don't expect to get a bite (ok that was during the metal flood but still!)

Edited by DarkEternity

Yes I know that.

"Most are willing to trade"? Um.. No xd.png A majority of the prize owners have lists, and only allow a certain amount of people on the list at once.

Have you ever looked at the trades section? Half of the things people ask for is a 2G Prize for whatever they're trading. I can tell you this with 99.9% certainty that none of those people get 2G prizes directly from the trade threads (if that makes sense).

It can't hurt to ask, obviously, but it's a waste of time. I've seen a single person attempting to trade multiple CB Golds (at least 3 at a time) for at a 2G prize, for at least a month now, and I don't think she's gotten a bite yet.

Edit: I would advise against PMing owners who say to not PM them about Shimmers, Sarah. It's incredibly rude and annoying.

I'm PMing people who are trading for them not the ones that state "do not PM me about 2gen shimmers". For now, EscapistLore, post that you have a cb gold hacthling and are looking for a silver shimmer/royal crimson spiral. Chances are higher that someone's working on one already so if you don't mind a higher gen I'd recommend going with that option.

ETA (i think that means update?): I PMed a person and he/she didn't want the reply posted so, to generalize, for those of you waiting on the answer; 2nd gen shimmer and tinsels are a pain to get. Some will gift one, some want several cb metals, and many fall in between. The only thing that's always required is patience. For anyone looking for a 2nd gen shimmer or tinsel look for the specific lineage you have in mind but in a higher gen.

Edited by Sarah864

What are CB tsunamis worth these days? 4G-5G shimmers maybe? Multiple CB common hatchlings?