Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I asked people if they could send me a two-way with a dummy for a CB Blusang. I know that it's more gifting, but how do I make sure someone sends me one? I want to get it off my scroll.

If they pick up any egg and do a two link (via PM), they will send you the link to offer the blusang on, once done so let them know they accept the "offer" and the eggs will be switched over and you will have the dummy egg on scroll. Does that help?

Edited by lilacamy931

Would a 2G Thuwed be worth a 2G shimmer?

Yes. Finding an open list though, is a problem.

Apologies me again - fresh caught CB Blusang, what can these gain in trades as saw earlier on they are on the increase. I dearly need CB coppers and could possibly add low gen tinsels though unfortunately not at the same time, unless wait until tomorrow and other a 5th even gen holly also?

How on earth do people get 2 CB silvers and golds each for trades?! I managed to catch one by pure accident.

Unfortunetly coppers are worth at least 2 cb blusangs now (and thats not even inclusing the green ones). Your best bet is to stalk the biomes during christmas breeding/release. Blusangs are on a rise now and copper are on a draught. I think golds and silvers got a teensy bit easier to get but most people who have multiples (like me) just got extremely lucky Then again, those who have more tend to be neglected traders. I'd just offer the Holly IOU unless u need a green copper immediately. Since they're not the same forever rare status as cb gold and silver their rarity is bound to decrease, just like the blusangs, so yeah I'd just wait it out.

Unfortunetly coppers are worth at least 2 cb blusangs now (and thats not even inclusing the green ones). Your best bet is to stalk the biomes during christmas breeding/release. Blusangs are on a rise now and copper are on a draught. I think golds and silvers got a teensy bit easier to get but most people who have multiples (like me) just got extremely lucky Then again, those who have more tend to be neglected traders. I'd just offer the Holly IOU unless u need a green copper immediately. Since they're not the same forever rare status as cb gold and silver their rarity is bound to decrease, just like the blusangs, so yeah I'd just wait it out.

Brill thanks for the advice smile.gif I will have to get my buggy laptop sorted again, see if can get back to catching better. Left blusang as open to offers. Much more fast paced with values and breeds changing since last time on here so it is good to have a thread like this for folks like me who don't always have a clue.

Stalking the biomes during breeding / the release isn't going to be successful. Less people will be catching which is going to slow down the drops a lot and on release day itself all biomes are nothing but the holiday.

Stalking the biomes during breeding / the release isn't going to be successful. Less people will be catching which is going to slow down the drops a lot and on release day itself all biomes are nothing but the holiday.

Sorry,I should have been more clear but I was using a cellphone which made typing a pain. I meant new releases as in the regular monthly ones, not the holiday ones. As for during the breeding, well, in my opinion although the biomes themselves move slower with the hourly drop and smaller 5min ones there's still plenty of opportunity. Plus, if you're struggling to catch something I'm guessing you'd prefer slower biomes to faster ones.

Why would you say that?

@Saynna

1. Some people dislike unbreedables. NDs cannot be used in a lineage, therefore the value experiences a decrease. Values tend to change over time. A CB Black was at one time worth a CB Gold.

2. For the same reason that a CB Silver is worth less than a CB Gold, my personal range of trading experience in my 3 years is that NDs are the tier slightly below the CB metals. There is more intermingling going on between NDs and CB metals, but still the tiers are distinct. CB metals are considered the currency. In the past, some users have also gone as far as stating that they do not want CB NDs in a trade because they can make them themselves.

3. The amount of time that goes into the production of a dragon is not something that is especially considered by your average trader. If what you were saying is so, long lineaged even gens would be worth far more than they are now, considering that they could take years to breed and years worth of scroll space. And on the other hand, things like 2nd gen prizes and 2nd gen hollies - dragons which only take the pressing of a button to produce - can command obscene and ridiculous amounts.

4. I also take the change of the AP into consideration. 4D eggs VS the 7D eggs that were previously there.

My intent is not to provoke an ethical debate about whether or not certain dragons should be worth more. Right now, there are lots of dragons that should be worth more. CBs should be worth less because they have no lineage. It takes a single click to get most CBs.

But yet, people prefer them because they are easier to maintain. Lineaged dragons should be worth much more because of the amount of time required to make them. An ND with a special lineage should be the crowning jewel of trade value - but yet, I guarantee to you that to most people a CB ND would be worth more than a lineaged ND.

Traders discriminate and I think that they discriminate less with regards to CB metals than they do with NDs. Hence my opinion.

My opinion does not invalidate the worth of NDs and there are plenty of people who trade more with NDs than I do. It is not a trade that I would do personally. lilacamy931 would and some other people would agree with them.

Edited by DarkEternity

@NDs, Golds, Dinos

Personally I'd say that trading CB Metals for Dinos isn't fair, unless one asks for multiples, even if the latter don't drop often - they're unbreedables after all, and they aren't a *highly* desirable item most of the time, from what I've noticed. There was a period of time when I saw Metallics more than Papers, for example, and yet it wouldn't really have been fair in my eyes to trade a CB Gold for one.

As for Neglecteds, it may be a problematic point because not everybody needs them, and because some people need only a certain amount of them for their scroll and once they hit it they won't seek for more. However, from my experience, it's possible to trade a CB Neggie for a CB Gold or even two CB Silvers, I've almost never had to keep a ND because nobody offered (and I've turned a lot those so far, not sure how many I have traded for CB Metals but anyway), so it's pretty safe to say it's quite a fair trade. *shrugs*

There might be people who expect a lot less for their ND, I dunno, but it takes effort, and time, and scroll space, and dedication to make them, so I don't see why they aren't worth a Metal, unless they're lineaged. It's also become more difficult to make them, from what I've noticed (don't quote me on that please, but that's what I and some people I know have experienced), so yeah...

My two cents smile.gif

Edited by ZzelaBusya

(I've noticed that there aren't as many NDs/the makers I've grown to associate them with around as there are, as well recently.)

But I'm not too fond of NDs and that is probably obvious. I enjoy lineages and things that can make lineages more.

I think we can agree on the point that dinos are definitely not worth a CB metal.

It would have been probably better to get a fill of CB metals about the time when they were dropping like crazy shinies, you could have probably gotten more than 3 CB metals for a single ND during that time. (I saw a lot of trade asking for CB NDs in that period and in 1:1 trades as well xd.png. Ahh human nature. It just looked really desperate.)

Edited by DarkEternity

You're both right. First off, trade for at least 5 unbreedables for a cb gold. However, to get the maximum value for your trade allow IOUs from experienced players (bronze trophy or higher) and put "best offer wins" or "the more the merrier" or "I want at least _____ dinos, see sig for trade policy" and put "I accept IOUs" in your signature. As for neglecteds, well personally I wouldn't keep one and I do value pretty lineages over neglecteds any day BUT many people don't have neglecteds. Look at the Secret Santa wishlists, many players are either too inexperienced to make neglected, too lazy to read instructions, or too impatient (like me) to waste valuable scroll space. Neglecteds can, and will, trade for cb metals, how much so depends on each trade but generally its 1-3.

Edit: @DarkEternity

(I've noticed that there aren't as many NDs/the makers I've grown to associate them with around as there are, as well recently.)
Yeah, I heard something to that extent about there not being as many ND makers now either because so many good hatcheries are going down, they don't need to make/trade NDs anymore, or because there are more new players (like moi) now than there are old players.

Lol it's funny how gold and silver are the standard currency in DC, perhaps a bit too much like real life.

Edited by Sarah864

Is what I'm asking for in my signature unrealistic for a 3rd gen Holly? Seems like everyone is ONLY interested in 2nd gens.

Is what I'm asking for in my signature unrealistic for a 3rd gen Holly?  Seems like everyone is ONLY interested in 2nd gens.

Nah, I'm about to trade the things in my signature for a 4th gen Holly. Granted it will have spriter alts but I think more people look for low gens than a specific lineage. Have you tried advertising it? I'm sure everyone by now has seen my trade offer either in the many different threads I've commented on (sorry!) or in the trade forums where I put what I'm offering and a "look at wishlist in sig" below it. I also bump the trade posts after 24hrs. Did you also put that you accept IOUs in your sig? Not many people have 3 cb metals right off the bat. You might have trouble getting everything you want in one offer but you should at least get something close.

Edited by Sarah864

Lol it's funny how gold and silver are the standard currency in DC, perhaps a bit too much like real life.

Yup.

It's funny, at the height of the CB Blusang rarity, there was a lot of angst going around. People bashed CB Blusangs and argued that they weren't real rares and HOW DARE A COMMON DRAGON USURP THE RARITY OF CB METALS. (I'm exaggerating, but a new release almost overtaking an established rare is very unprecendented and the reaction was interesting to watch)

(Blusangs are cool, I love Blusangs. Sprite love <3)

At that point, I found that CB Blusangs were actually rarer and fewer of them appeared than CB metals but ironically they never did become more valuable than CB metals.

The same thing happened with CB coppers, but CB coppers did actually overtake CB metals thanks to them completely disappearing from the biomes dry.gif

And it was especially delicious, the fact that during the CB metal boom that people were very angry that CB metals no longer held their value. Suddenly, the value that owners placed on them was not matched by what the other traders considered them to be.

The moral of the story is that CB metals aren't actually worth anything intrinsically, but I think we ascribe more value to them because they are called Gold and Silver and look like Gold and Silver. (which is partly what I think disadvantages CB NDs. Being super rare doesn't always equal worth)

Is what I'm asking for in my signature unrealistic for a 3rd gen Holly? Seems like everyone is ONLY interested in 2nd gens.

I think that's OK to ask for the things you are asking for,as there are not so many cb hollies there.But if you don't get an offer,I am afraid you have to low your price.

Many people already have their hollies and they only want to swap for a better lineage.

@Saynna

1. Some people dislike unbreedables. NDs cannot be used in a lineage, therefore the value experiences a decrease. Values tend to change over time. A CB Black was at one time worth a CB Gold.

2. For the same reason that a CB Silver is worth less than a CB Gold, my personal range of trading experience in my 3 years is that NDs are the tier slightly below the CB metals. There is more intermingling going on between NDs and CB metals, but still the tiers are distinct. CB metals are considered the currency. In the past, some users have also gone as far as stating that they do not want CB NDs in a trade because they can make them themselves.

3. The amount of time that goes into the production of a dragon is not something that is especially considered by your average trader. If what you were saying is so, long lineaged even gens would be worth far more than they are now, considering that they could take years to breed and years worth of scroll space. And on the other hand, things like 2nd gen prizes and 2nd gen hollies - dragons which only take the pressing of a button to produce - can command obscene and ridiculous amounts.

4. I also take the change of the AP into consideration. 4D eggs VS the 7D eggs that were previously there.

My intent is not to provoke an ethical debate about whether or not certain dragons should be worth more. Right now, there are lots of dragons that should be worth more. CBs should be worth less because they have no lineage. It takes a single click to get most CBs.

But yet, people prefer them because they are easier to maintain. Lineaged dragons should be worth much more because of the amount of time required to make them. An ND with a special lineage should be the crowning jewel of trade value - but yet, I guarantee to you that to most people a CB ND would be worth more than a lineaged ND.

Traders discriminate and I think that they discriminate less with regards to CB metals than they do with NDs. Hence my opinion.

My opinion does not invalidate the worth of NDs and there are plenty of people who trade more with NDs than I do. It is not a trade that I would do personally. lilacamy931 would and some other people would agree with them.

1) NDs is a different kind of unbreedables. They require to be experimented on. I completely understand values change over time. I think I've helped judge the area of CB Green Opals since the moment they were really rare and could go for a CB metal to the time they are utterally common now if you've followed the thread.

2) Yes they do state they can make them theirselves, but have you noticed many of those users aren't really successful? Hell I am one of those people. I know I can make my own NDs and I wouldn't trade a CB Gold/a pair of CB Silvers. I've checked a few scrolls out that have said this in the past and it relates to what I said earlier. Just cause you think you get a few details on NDs doesn't mean you're going to be very successful. Missing any little part will be a complete fail on your end. I've seen people get uberlly desperate and post in trade threads, "I've tried over 11 times now and still can't get a ND, maybe I can offer this dino for one?".

3) You cannot compare the time to make a ND and the time of lone lineaged even gens. They're too different. For even gens they are not wanted long because users just don't have the time for it. It is considered. The average trader does not want a long lineaged dragon that could take them a year to complete especially if they do not invest much time into making a mate for that dragon or haven't even started on a lineage as such. I myself pay good for PB Whites (long). I trade CB Blusangs for 6g PB Whites (1:1) ratio and have done so with CB Ices (but at 5g). And I only did this because I fully know that I can continue the lineage and so on. Which I have mentioned in this thread multiple times. As for 2g Hollies/prizes those are also on a different scale you cannot just compare to. You cannot get a CB Holly and you cannot get a CB Prize by normal means. Each year Hollies just get rarer and for CB Prizes well those can only be won in raffles. I wouldn't be surprised if CB Prizes go useless in the next few years if it remains shimmers/tinsels which probably won't, but you get what I'm saying. Also do not bring up other CB Holidays, those are not as rare -- or come close to -- as rare as CB Hollies.

4) Whether it is 4d or 7d it's still 2 set cycles of eggs you could have hatched with Biome eggs with incubate. That's a lot of time for a game like DC. You have to go out of your way to plan a schedule for just that one egg. Possibly multiples if you plan on doing more than 1 a week at a given time. And again that 4d starts to pile up to 8d, then it piles up to 12d. It just keeps adding up and it'll reach a huge amount over time steadily.

It takes a single click to get most CBs.

And on the other hand, things like 2nd gen prizes and 2nd gen hollies - dragons which only take the pressing of a button to produce - can command obscene and ridiculous amounts.

Just thought I'd quote. wink.gif And just cause you missed my point here in the quote... I can single click and breed a pure bred 9g EG White that's not inbred.. biggrin.gif

As I see it, some people are very specific to their needs on lineages and that is why CBs are normally worth more than lineages. It's because I could ask: "Want 2g White from Gold x White" and another could ask: "Want 2g White from Silver x White". It'd require you to have a mass abundance of each species. Also to note people who work on lineages sometimes tend to not want dragons from other people because of the fear of an ancestor dying. There are many of these people on DC. There cannot exist lineages without the existence of Caveborns. Let me also state that if lineages were traded regularly expect to see many of the same dragons and many IOUs for breeding and not enough users going and catching these CBs for lineages. Not everyone will like a certain lineage hence the low price. Each lineage is different to each user. Yes many adore a lineage, but many would also not do a long lineage of it because they can work on their most favored lineage project of combinations of dragons. 2gs are just worth more than longer lineages because it has a bigger pool of people that can help out. OH AND ANOTHER THING I TOTALLY FORGOT UNTIL I WAS EDITING. If long lineages were ever to become worth CB Golds what's stopping me from breeding the parents from a 8g PB White dragon I own and keeping them myself so that in theory I could make 31 of those a week? I haven't noticed that at all, but that is something I believe hasn't been discussed since I've came and followed the thread. xd.png That would be definitely a worse market than it is now. There are just so many things you can do with a CB than you can with a lineage. If you make a lineage you better keep continuing it or you can make a messy inbred thing which most of DC's community hates.

Trader 1: "Hey bro, I need a 7g Purple Nebula x Purple Dorsal stairstep, you got it? It's really pwertty"

Trader 2: "Nah man, I spent my time making a 7g Red Nebula x Red Dorsal lineage EG checker. I think that's really pwertty though."

Trader 1: ......

Trader 2: "Sorry, ask someone else if they got it. I spent way too much time on this to start that lineage to help ya out."

I understand you are not trying to invalidate the worth of NDs, this thread is heavy opinion and I heavily side that NDs are worth more than a -single- CB Metallic. To me, you and I are not totally different on how we value trades and lineages. It just seems NDs is what we strongly oppose on.

Eh, somebody offers a CB brown copper and a CB green copper for my CB gold. I wonder whether they are worth my egg?

Personally I think you are asking too much: CB prize owners (who can offer you a 2nd gen prize) who wants a holly have for sure made some agreement earlier in the year. And for a 2nd gen prize they can have a 2nd gen holly.

And people who are able to catch so many CB metallics to have 2 golds or 1 gold and 2 silvers available at the moment probably usually have cb metallics on their hands all over the year and have already done their trades for hollies in the past weeks.

Im sorry Im quite new to this site and the amount of dragons is astounding, the holiday dragons are confusing me as well, aha I feel like I have no idea what anything is worth tongue.gif, how would these two (user posted imageuser posted image) compare to the other holiday dragons? Which is the preferred holiday dragon and also if these lineages are any good. Thanks

Winter Magi Lineage

Wrapping Wing Lineage

Im sorry Im quite new to this site and the amount of dragons is astounding, the holiday dragons are confusing me as well, aha I feel like I have no idea what anything is worth tongue.gif, how would these two (user posted imageuser posted image) compare to the other holiday dragons? Which is the preferred holiday dragon and also if these lineages are any good. Thanks

Winter Magi Lineage

Wrapping Wing Lineage

Both breeds are newer holiday dragons, so if they had same lineage and if they were same gen, I'd say that they would have equal value. However, since Wrapping wing is a 2nd gen, I'll go and say that he's more valuable of the two. Also, when higher gens are in question, I always feel that even gen dragons are more valuable then stairsteps.

Edited by PointOfOrigin