Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Just wondering how much a CB black is worth. Could I get x2 CB Royal Crimsons for one?

CB Stripes and CB Blacks have went down in worth a lot this past year. They sit for a lot more refreshes in the biome, and now every other Stripe/Black I pick up from the AP was CB.

Maybe, since Crimsons are pretty common in the biomes, and I do see them in the AP.

Blacks and Stripes are still popular dragons, so possibly. smile.gif But then again, Crimsons are liked a lot too.

What can you get for a cb bluesang nowadays?

Could I trade one for a low-gen regular metal, such as a 2nd gen silver or a 2nd-3rd gen pb gold? Or what would I have to add to get one?

Edit: And what are cb tan ridgewings worth? Could that bring me a low-gen metal together with the bluesang?

I think that will have to depend on the person more. I wouldn't do 2g Silver/Gold x Common for reasons that I've done it in the past and it took 4 weeks of 6 CB Metallics to finally get a 2g metallic off of a CB Common as compared to a friend who got it on the first try. I -might- do it for a uncommon. Though I'd rather stick to PB.

I don't think you'd have a hard time trying to get a PB metallic for your CB Blusang. smile.gif

Is there a list somewhere where the rarity of certain shimmer lines is shown?

I know the wiki has a list of known shimmers, but it doesn't list rarity of their children or anything.

Edited by Nectaris

I think its hard to do rarity" of shimmer lines, since definitions differ a lot.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/I9XCm <- my 2g felix felicis

http://dragcave.net/progeny/I9XCm <- its children.

Now is that rare or not?

One could argue its rare, because its new, and has few children.

One could argue, its medium, because its bred to red coppers and there are only so many red copper lines, but plenty of red copper x bronzes still exist.

One could argue, that since its a bronze shimmer, and from felix felicis, which is wide spread with other children, that it is a very common line.

@Noxion: the shimmers are worth pretty much nothing, thus it would be 2 2g metals for a 3g metal, which seems like a rip-off (on the one giving the 2 metals) I would not do that trade, even without the shimmers, as the 2g and 3gs already are NOT equal value. (coppers are quite rare, and 2g metals breed quite hard from them.)

Edited by whitebaron

Thank you, Baron, though I'm a little confused. >>; It would be me ripping off the other person to ask for the silver/copper lineaged eggs for my 3rd gen Shimmer or the other way around?

Thank you, Baron, though I'm a little confused. >>; It would be me ripping off the other person to ask for the silver/copper lineaged eggs for my 3rd gen Shimmer or the other way around?

err silver shimmer. I read only silver. *arrrrgh*

then, it is totally up to you, since 3gs are so hard to get that you can always ask for 1+ cb metals in worth, which is quite frankly - not really measurable in other breeds or lineages...

Ah, the ripping off would be more of the other way I think. You can easily get those long lineaged shimmers with pretty much anything: CB Green Opals, CB Blusangs, CB Autumns and other semi-rares like CB Trios.

Personally, I think you wouldn't need to give up a 3G (even if it's EG) shimmer for those?

As for copper lineages, since they're relatively new, they're a bit hard to get. But in terms of trade value, only CB Coppers are really worth anything and even then it's not always equal to a CB Metal (this may vary though because of market demand). Although sometimes you get people looking for PB Copper swaps or Metal x Copper swaps. Otherwise copper lineages aren't worth much.

Sorry misread it as well. If it's for 2 2G Silvers from Copper mothers, then yes it would be fair enough since it's an EG. Although it would have been possible to ask for a CB Metal ++ as well.

Hope this helps as well!

Edited by Valeth

I'm about to ask for two gold eggs from Isomanic line and Lung Ying Jassith line and two silver eggs from Copper mothers for a 3rd gen EG silver Shimmer. Would that be considered a fair trade from my part? (I have no idea how rare Copper anything is.)

I think the trade would be quite fair: the two longer gen gold shimmer are worth almost nothing and two 2nd gen silvers seem good enough for a 3rd gen shimmer, since you shimmer is an even gen and not a stair (which would have been worth much more)

Only, the two metallics may take quite a long time to be bred if the person you are going to trade with dosan't already have them.

*sigh* Ok, am I being really unreasonable? I have two Golds and a CB Ice for trade at the moment, and the only thing I'm asking for is CB Reds or a CB Royal Crimson with a particular "Stolen on" date, and I can't seem to get any offers at all. sad.gif It's frustrating because I'm trying to do a memorial lineage with dragons stolen on Sunday November the 10th because it was Remembrance Sunday here and also the day that my next-door neighbour's husband finally lost his battle with cancer. At this rate, it's not going to happen. sad.gif

*sigh*  Ok, am I being really unreasonable?  I have two Golds and a CB Ice for trade at the moment, and the only thing I'm asking for is CB Reds or a CB Royal Crimson with a particular "Stolen on" date, and I can't seem to get any offers at all.  sad.gif  It's frustrating because I'm trying to do a memorial lineage with dragons stolen on Sunday November the 10th because it was Remembrance Sunday here and also the day that my next-door neighbour's husband finally lost his battle with cancer.  At this rate, it's not going to happen.  sad.gif

Not at all, but the two breeds you mentioned are (while some users do take fancy in collecting them) not quite in the "OMG I LOVE THIS ILL KEEP IT" category (blusangs, coppers, opals), most of them caught via misclick would have already been thrown away at this time, or, would have already hatched and been named. Perhaps its just me that has this way of thinking, but once something hatches on my scroll I'm very hesitant to trade it away. Also, with the AP functioning with only low time eggs showing, its just possible the earlier stolen dates haven't shown up yet.

But, since its November 13th, approx 3 days away from your wanted date, I'll bet anything that the eggs in the AP should start slowly coming in as "Stolen on Nov 10th". smile.gif I just took a look at a few of the AP egg's view pages right now, and all of them say "Stolen on Nov 9th", so give it anywhere from a few hours~a day and a half and the 10ths should start flooding in soon. Personally, crimsons are not hard to come by, but reds go very very fast since they are appealing for their incubating uses.

PS: I'm very sorry to hear about your neighbor's husband.

Edited by Xythus

@Amazon_warrior

I think the problem is not what you are offering (that is pretty much for what you are asking) but that no one with the eggs you are looking for have read your messages.

Did you try asking on the EATW market? Maybe there you will reach more people.

*sigh* Ok, am I being really unreasonable? I have two Golds and a CB Ice for trade at the moment, and the only thing I'm asking for is CB Reds or a CB Royal Crimson with a particular "Stolen on" date, and I can't seem to get any offers at all. sad.gif It's frustrating because I'm trying to do a memorial lineage with dragons stolen on Sunday November the 10th because it was Remembrance Sunday here and also the day that my next-door neighbour's husband finally lost his battle with cancer. At this rate, it's not going to happen. sad.gif

It isn't unreasonable at all. I guess that's just current luck. It also probably depends on how many of them are you asking for. Chances that somebody has more then two dragons that you need are small. Generally trades like that have a bigger chance of working out if you ask for an IOU.

It doesn't sound unreasonable at all to me, but you are asking for pretty specific things and it may just be that the people who have what you need are not seeing your trade offer. sad.gif

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have got the eggs on the EATW site too, in case that helps (and a big note in my siggy too). And I'm really not asking for lots in return - I only need two more Reds and one more Royal Crimson to be able to do my lineage (it's only going to be 4th gen and I managed to catch and trade for some eggs already).

Guess AP stalking later today/tomorrow is going to be my best bet...

ETA: Phew! Between two trades and a quick grab in the AP, I managed to get what I needed. Never thought it'd be that hard to trade for commons. Serves me right for being so specific, I suppose. rolleyes.gif Now, fingers crossed they all like each other...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

What are black alts worth these days? I haven't had one in a long time. I currently have this rather special one and am wondering what I can ask for. Is CB Copper out of reach? What about CB Opal? There is not really a whole lot else (other than CB Gold) that I am really looking for right now.

What are black alts worth these days? I haven't had one in a long time. I currently have this rather special one and am wondering what I can ask for. Is CB Copper out of reach? What about CB Opal? There is not really a whole lot else (other than CB Gold) that I am really looking for right now.

People say CB opals are appearing more each day so you'd be selling it low. I'd say you go for a CB gold. That's a pretty special lineage and I sure would pay you that much if I could hunt CB metallics.

I'm sure you could get the CB copper too.

Am I correct in assuming that 5th gen 2-breed, non-holiday stair shimmers have somewhat dropped in value over recent months, judging from the sheer number of them that I see in the trade threads?

Still no reason why I shouldn't get 4+ common hatchies of a particular breed for one, right?

Am I correct in assuming that 5th gen 2-breed, non-holiday stair shimmers have somewhat dropped in value over recent months, judging from the sheer number of them that I see in the trade threads?

Still no reason why I shouldn't get 4+ common hatchies of a particular breed for one, right?

I think they are dropped in value too: while a couple of months ago I was able to get a 2nd gen gold for one of them, this week it took me more then two days to trade my 5th gen shimmer, and I got a shimmerswap

I managed to snag a CB Silver a bit ago and was wondering what gen of Shimmerscale I could ask reliably for it. I was hoping for a 3rd or 4th gen but is that asking too much?

Maybe it's because 4+ hatchies of a particular breed is not something people have on hand? Maybe you can try doing it with 2G/3G metals and see if that may get better results?

I've been trading a lot of 5G Shimmers for 2G Metals from Halloweens, and I get a turnover of around 8 or so hours give or take. It's not really hard to trade them off despite a slight drop in value as long as you give people plenty of options to choose from when offering.

Maybe it's because 4+ hatchies of a particular breed is not something people have on hand? Maybe you can try doing it with 2G/3G metals and see if that may get better results?

I've been trading a lot of 5G Shimmers for 2G Metals from Halloweens, and I get a turnover of around 8 or so hours give or take. It's not really hard to trade them off despite a slight drop in value as long as you give people plenty of options to choose from when offering.

I do try pointing people to my signature. laugh.gif I don't need them all up front - in fact, I don't actually need any upfront, though people would have to PM me to learn that. And I honestly have no use for 2G/3G metals. I also made sure to mention that I'm open to other offers.

Eh. I'll keep being patient. I don't always get a bite in the first 24 hours but it would be reassuring. rolleyes.gif

Edited by LibbyLishly

I managed to snag a CB Silver a bit ago and was wondering what gen of Shimmerscale I could ask reliably for it. I was hoping for a 3rd or 4th gen but is that asking too much?

A 4th gen isn't too much at all. I'd try asking for a 3rd gen, with common mate) instead

I think it would depend on how specific you're being. If you want any 4 incuhatchable eggs I can get from the AP as of now, it should be easy.

If you're being more specific, hatchlings imply a level of work many people are not willing to bother with. If shimmers are anything like tinsels, a 5th gen breeds a 6th gen, which means that, while you're getting a medium value dragon, its offspring are pretty much worthless right now.