Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What can I get for a chicken egg? Is it good compared to other rare eggs?

I got a 2nd gen Silver for the last Chickie I caught, but I was lucky enough to catch a very keen Chicken collector! Most people probably wouldn't give that much.

For a request like that worth is very subjective.

When I ask for "interesting lineages," I automatically discount CBs and PBs. The former have NO lineage-let alone an interesting one and the latter are boring. Which means that to me, you basically offered a 3rd gen Harvest for a 3rd gen Silver. I don't need the harvest so I would've declined too.

If I really like the lineage, I would accept just ONE egg, but I would've declined 4 CB Rares outright. /shrug.

I would've declined sooner, but then again I'm here a lot. There are people who only log in once a day or so. Your trader might not have been here at all.

Thank you for your response. I neglected to say in my first post that BSA and CB hatchlings were also on their list, so the eg Magi, now grown up on my scroll, http://dragcave.net/lineage/jDFkS, and the various CB hatchlings I tried should have counted for something too.

In any case, I've only seen one other of the 3rd EG Silver x Hellfire, bundled with other Metals for a 2nd gen Shimmerscale trade, so the hunt goes on...

I asked this earlier, but never got an answer, so here it goes again. What's the value of 2nd gen coppers these days?

A couple of days ago I tried to trade one for a 2nd gen magma and I got no offers for almost 2 days.

Then I asked for a 3rd gen pb copper and got an offer within few minutes.

Generally I find it difficult to trade 2nd gen coppers for anything else than other 2nd or 3rd gen pb copper. While you usually have offers pretty soon when asking for a bloodswap.

A couple of days ago I tried to trade one for a 2nd gen magma and I got no offers for almost 2 days.

Then I asked for a 3rd gen pb copper and got an offer within few minutes.

Generally I find it difficult to trade 2nd gen coppers for anything else than other 2nd or 3rd gen pb copper. While you usually have offers pretty soon when asking for a bloodswap.

I traded a 2nd gen green copper for three CB hatchies (two reds and a black tea) today. I also traded a 2nd gen orange copper for 4 common CB hatchies a couple of weeks ago. That's pretty much what I use my coppers for..usually people are willing to offer at least a couple of common hatchlings for them, which is what I'm after.

Ok, not exactly a trade question, but definitely a worth question.

I now have a few step-lineaged Shimmers where the last non-Shimmer mate is different from all the preceding mates: Shimmer 1, Shimmer 2, Shimmer 3. I don't plan to breed these for trade, but maybe to drop in the AP. So the question is, should I breed them with the starting breed or the new one? Which would people find preferable?

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Ok, not exactly a trade question, but definitely a worth question.

I now have a few step-lineaged Shimmers where the last non-Shimmer mate is different from all the preceding mates: Shimmer 1, Shimmer 2, Shimmer 3. I don't plan to breed these for trade, but maybe to drop in the AP. So the question is, should I breed them with the starting breed or the new one? Which would people find preferable?

Well in the case of the one with the Silver mate, I'd definitely go with the continuing the new breed just because more people probably have this year's Valentine then CB Silvers.

I guess I'd go back to the tan ridgewing for the first one as not everyone has holiday mates. Not sure in the case of the ribbon/SW.

Well in the case of the one with the Silver mate, I'd definitely go with the continuing the new breed just because more people probably have this year's Valentine then CB Silvers.

I guess I'd go back to the tan ridgewing for the first one as not everyone has holiday mates. Not sure in the case of the ribbon/SW.

Thanks! You make a good point about CB Silvers vs. Holidays. And maybe I'll try my Ribbondancers with the Gold - I prefer it as a combination!

I traded a 2nd gen green copper for three CB hatchies (two reds and a black tea) today. I also traded a 2nd gen orange copper for 4 common CB hatchies a couple of weeks ago. That's pretty much what I use my coppers for..usually people are willing to offer at least a couple of common hatchlings for them, which is what I'm after.

That's about what I get for Trios so...

How many CB Royal Blues could I get for a CB Lumina hatchling + a CB Vamp hatchling?

Just in general, what would a vampire egg/hatchling/winged hatchling/dragon be worth? I've gotten two from cave drops and bitten one and I only want a male and a female; So what kind of offers could I get? (I'm sorry if I'm not very specific. I'm just really really new to DC.)

Just in general, what would a vampire egg/hatchling/winged hatchling/dragon be worth? I've gotten two from cave drops and bitten one and I only want a male and a female; So what kind of offers could I get? (I'm sorry if I'm not very specific. I'm just really really new to DC.)

It will vary, but most of the established players already have plenty of vamps, the people who trade for them are usually the newer players. So you're less likely to get anything really valuable for them. Maybe a couple of CB common hatchies, maybe a BSA pink or red, or something slightly uncommon like a tsunami or one of the easier birthday eggs.

You could just stick them in a trade thread asking for "any offers" and see what kind of bites you get. (Sorry, bad pun xd.png )

Edited by Tawanda001

Where would one post a trade? :x

and I'm probably going to offer gendered hatchlings, because I need a female vamp, and I'll take one if it genders female (but offer a bloodswap if all are male). Hopefully I get offers for that.

I need BSA dragons anyway biggrin.gif

Where would one post a trade? :x

and I'm probably going to offer gendered hatchlings, because I need a female vamp, and I'll take one if it genders female (but offer a bloodswap if all are male). Hopefully I get offers for that.

I need BSA dragons anyway biggrin.gif

Most of them will go here

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=126128

there are also other thread that are dedicated to trading only metals, or only rares, etc

Why the demand of lumina changes so drastically in recent months?

Probably because a number of popular Shimmer lines use them. Though I personally think it's funny that the RTC now lists them as "rares" when I see them quite a lot in the biomes and they often sit for a while before anyone takes them...

Probably because a number of popular Shimmer lines use them.  Though I personally think it's funny that the RTC now lists them as "rares" when I see them quite a lot in the biomes and they often sit for a while before anyone takes them...

Exactly my thought, same goes with Coppers being rare only when CB while its even rarer than trios and maybe equal to the rarity of Blusangs; those which their offspring are considered rares to a certain gen.

So, again with my question what's the value of a Tsunami egg and a Seasonal egg?

If this question can be barely answered because of me not being specific then please feel free to to compare it in value to other uncommons or rares for example saying that a paper egg = xx tsunami eggs or whatever works for you.

Edited by Dark

So, again with my question what's the value of a Tsunami egg and a Seasonal egg?

If this question can be barely answered because of me not being specific then please feel free to to compare it in value to other uncommons or rares for example saying that a paper egg = xx tsunami eggs or whatever works for you.

I always think it's tricky to compare breedables vs. unbreedables. Honestly, unless we're talking Neglecteds or you happen to catch one of the handful of people who goes nuts for Chickens/Papers/Dinos, the most you'll get for an unbreedable egg is some CB commons (or at least, that's what I've found).

I'd say that Tsunamis are a bit more seen in the Cave than Summers at the moment, so I'd rate them a bit lower. I'd say a CB Summer could be worth a CB Bloodscale or maybe a CB Trio on a good day right now, whereas I'd place CB Tsunamis on about the same level as CB Blacks and Luminas - they're there and you can pick them up with only a little patience. (Note that this is based purely on my own observations - YMMV!)

Probably because a number of popular Shimmer lines use them.  Though I personally think it's funny that the RTC now lists them as "rares" when I see them quite a lot in the biomes and they often sit for a while before anyone takes them...

Oh, the irony... you're a day late with the observation, we unlisted them yesterday. laugh.gif But yeah, I know what you mean. smile.gif

To give a thorough answer for Cabalsux - there was a perplexing time that ended about a month ago (and we're not entirely sure when it started) where luminas were incredibly difficult to trade for even if you patiently offered 2G metallics (which, while significantly less difficult to get now than they once were, usually don't have troubles getting commons tongue.gif). We're not entirely sure why that happened (...luminas were borderline caveblockers in a time shortly after their release, so whaaaat), but it's over now and has been for a handful of weeks.

Here's a bit from the unlisting post we made:

Luminas have been getting more common again. Initially we weren't sure whether that might just be an effect of the biomes moving more rapidly, but since those've definitely slowed back down again, we've decided to unlist them.

Exactly my thought, same goes with Coppers being rare only when CB while its even rarer than trios and maybe equal to the rarity of Blusangs; those which their offspring are considered rares to a certain gen.

They're still new (yes, 'around a month and a half' is 'new' happy.gif) and breeding easily (albeit gradually slowing down). With how the CBs are still extinct, that is going to change, but it'll take a little longer.

Generally, the RTC tries (<- keyword; doesn't always work, see luminas) not to change its rare list based on short-term rarity fluctuations, so we wait a while to make sure the change is there to stay. From the RTC first post:

poptartFINALTINY.gifDragons that are not expressly listed as rare do not count as rare.

This is true for new releases especially - as a rule, new species will only be added to the rare list once the initial release hype dies down and they're establishing themselves as genuinely rare in the longer term. On average, we'll try to gauge rarities two months after the release, so don't be alarmed if nothing seems to happen for eight weeks. (Similarly, shifts in rarity will usually be discussed after they persist for a month and a decision is felled about them about two months in.)

But more importantly... if you have a concern about the rare list, you should tell us about it. smile.gif Chances are we're already discussing it (we're currently discussing potentially relisting CB blacks, for example, since a few of us feel they're about in the ballpark of CB gold wyverns now), but we welcome all correspondence.

Edited by pinkgothic

Oh, the irony... you're a day late with the observation, we unlisted them yesterday. laugh.gif But yeah, I know what you mean. smile.gif

Oh, whoops! But didn't we already establish that I'm not good at keeping on top of the RTC list? rolleyes.gifwink.gif I must have missed the super-rare Lumina thing - I probably wasn't paying attention.

Oh, whoops!  But didn't we already establish that I'm not good at keeping on top of the RTC list?  rolleyes.gif  wink.gif  I must have missed the super-rare Lumina thing - I probably wasn't paying attention.

I imagine it passed by most people, honestly. It nearly passed by me, at any rate (not that I'm a good gauge tongue.gif). I was rather "...lol, you're joking, surely? O.o" about it when the topic came up, myself, then paid attention to it for a while and noticed they were barely dropping at all for... no reason anyone could figure out, really.

...then the release happened, the biomes got kicked into motion, and suddenly the weird behaviour stopped, too. ninja.gif Ninja luminas. Great example of a "short-term" rarity shift that wasn't quite short-term enough not to tickle us into changing the list. wink.gif

Ah well, personally, I definitely feel more comfortable with them unlisted. Not at all comfortable with how small the rare list currently is, though, but that's a different problem.

(Also... what on earth is up with summers? *exasperated sigh at Seasonals* I just give up with that species. We were discussing unlisting Seasonals at the end of the spring season (as in, that was when the discussion was happening; the... unlisting date was sort of all over the place depending on who you asked). :| And now they're being difficult.)

How many CB common hatchlings would be a good offer for  this Shimmer?

I would not expect much for it.

Maybe a BSA, maybe up to six CB commons if they are blocker breeds and you aren't picky about which ones.

I'm running into the problem that "shimmerless" people I want to gift with my longer gens usually don't have the uncommon CBs to carry on the lineage. I can only imagine the same problem would affect trade values of certain longer gens too, unless it's someone who doesn't care at all about lineage and is happy to just have a shimmer on their scroll.

Edited by Tawanda001